PDA

View Full Version : Prepaid Dances and Deterred Spending

doc-catfish
12-07-2005, 10:42 AM
I don't know about you guys, but when I have a gal take me off to the PD area, I don't really know in advance how much fun that I'm going to be having. Oh, I can get a ballpark estimate sometimes. An established fave is almost certainly is going to selling me more laps than a new gal will, but even there, there's going to be some significant variance. At $20/dance or higher, that's a big difference in price between 8 dances and 12, and as the golden rules states, even with an established fave, YMMV.

Occasionally you have a fave that just doesn't seem to be up to it and you want to quit earlier than you had projected. At the other end, you have a "bench player" or new gal who on your particular visit gets in touch with her inner overachiever, and gets you buy more. When your allowed to pay at the end, it works out okay in either situation though, (provided you have adequate funds in your wallet).

Which bring me to the subject of prepaid dances, which throws a huge wrench into my spending habits. Much like any of you, I can't see a few minutes into the future, and I'm going to be damned to prepay for dances that I'm not sure that I want to happen in the first place. If I only wanted one dance every time, I'd really have no problem with this, but it sure as hell puts a crimp in the enjoyment of that first dance if I was potentially considering multiples.

To date, no prepay gal, no matter how good the dance, has gotten me to fork money over for a second helping. Granted prepays are not common around here, or anywhere that I've been in my travels, so I haven't had a lot of experience in adapting my spending habits to dealing with them. In every case, I've prepaid, it was a dancer initiated call.

Certainly I can understand how dancers want to insure themselves against ripoffs, and clubs (in the case of dance ticket, chip, funny money systems) want to ensure they get their cut of the sale, but I wonder if they realize that making us prepay tends to make us tighten our wallets a bit too?

I suppose the topic for the floor here is how have you dealt with prepay dances? Do you fork over the money each dance as you go? Do you get trust the gal and pony up for five songs? Did you prepay then give a tip again at the end? Do you tell her to take a hike and go back to your table? More specifically does prepayment in your opinion lessen your spending (both on that particular gal and during the trip in general) than what it could've been?

kikin
12-07-2005, 01:04 PM
It's my philosophy to never pay for dances in advance. I accepted a dance from this dancer once and she requested advance payment and I told her that I don't pay in advance. So she walked away and left me in the PD area by myself cuz she refused to do it without pre-pay. So I said fuck her. I had never gotten a dance from her before and I wanted to try her out; so it's really her loss. Later that evening another dancer came up and told me that a bunch of the other dancers who had overheard our exchanges had talked to the girl afterwards and assured her that I was good for it. Even so, I have declined all of her subsequent offers for dances because I remember the shit she pulled and her bitchy attitude. So, yeah I never pay in advance, if it's club policy I just won't frequent that club. Period.

JC2006
12-07-2005, 02:46 PM
One dance at a time. Otherwise, it's just one long dance where she'll do her "keep the customer interested" move at the end of the last dance, rather than at the end of each dance. Most of you guys (and dancers) know what move I'm talking about here.

SeppeSai
12-07-2005, 03:45 PM
I would imagine a good counter to those who ask up front is "Let's see how well you do, first, then I'll decide how many" puts the onus on her to deliver a quality dance in order to guarantee continued business.

dave1112
12-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Fortunately, my local clubs are not pre-pay. When I'm in a club that is pre-pay, I definately spend waaaaay less money. I never buy a second dance, and I'd never buy multiple dances in advance with a dancer I don't know. You can end up paying for multiple air dances. I'll never go back to a prepay club, if I can find a non-prepay club in the same area.

FBR
12-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Absolutely positively no prepay for dances. If she demands money up front I get suspicious. I will pay her after each dance if thats what she wants but most dancers Ive seen dont want to interrupt the mood to talk money, especially if said conversation would dampen my interest in continuing the playfest.

I have pre-paid for VIP's or paid the house mom half way thru or whatever. Im OK with that because I would only spend VIP money on a dancer who I knew well and is a slam dunk in terms of ROI.

FBR

Tina
12-07-2005, 05:26 PM
In the small clubs I book in in South Dakota and Montana buying a dance ticket or chip from the DJ is a prerequisite. The reason being is that the club gets $5 off of each dance and that money is used to pay us our weekly base pay. The DJ keeps all the dance money until the end of the night and then we get paid for all the dances we sold less the clubs cut.

I personally feel that more dances could be sold if we kept all of our money and collected as we go, but the clubs are afraid they will get stiffed if this happens. With an established regular it doesn't matter, but with a guy off the street I think we as dancers lose money with the up front system.

Katrine
12-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Agreed. I've prepaid for dances a few times ago thinking it was some sort of respectful "professional courtesy" to a fellow dancer when I was a customer. Hogwash! The bitch just gets lazy and does as little as possible.

I have requested prepay on a very, very few choice occasions when I had a gut suspicion that the dude would be a flight risk or unmanageable. For the most part I was right. One time I was wrong and the boy ended up being very sweet, but upset that I made him prepay, so he didn't get more dances. Oh well, win some, lose some....

Jenny
12-07-2005, 06:46 PM
It's my philosophy to never pay for dances in advance. I accepted a dance from this dancer once and she requested advance payment and I told her that I don't pay in advance. So she walked away and left me in the PD area by myself cuz she refused to do it without pre-pay. So I said fuck her. I had never gotten a dance from her before and I wanted to try her out; so it's really her loss. Later that evening another dancer came up and told me that a bunch of the other dancers who had overheard our exchanges had talked to the girl afterwards and assured her that I was good for it. Even so, I have declined all of her subsequent offers for dances because I remember the shit she pulled and her bitchy attitude. So, yeah I never pay in advance, if it's club policy I just won't frequent that club. Period.
Oh, honey - that isn't bitchy. She just doesn't think you're good for it. Some customers really don't seem like they are, and you are willing to dance for them, but not take a risk. You and others say that the girl should just trust YOU for it, when you wouldn't trust her? Why? I don't get prepaid because I think it will discourage the customers from running a tab - not because I think there is anything even remotely discourteous about it. Just to give you some background - I once danced for a guy and told him the costs, gave him the total at the end of every dance, and stopped him at $100 to settle. He then tried to tell me that he thought I just liked him. Now - it is the second time ever that a guy tried to rip me off. It doesn't happen all the time. But some customers don't look trustworthy.

kikin
12-07-2005, 07:12 PM
That dancer I described was just greedy; either that or she had recently got burned and took it out on me. Cuz no way a guy like me would buy a dance and not pay. Heck I drop between $300 to $400 per visit at that club, and since I never buy VIP/Champagne room, most of that ca$h goes to tipping everybody in sight, including the bar staff, the bouncers, the bathroom attendants, stage tips, and PD tips.

miabella
12-07-2005, 07:15 PM
i roll my own prepay by either requesting to see the money in the guy's wallet/pocket in advance, or have them lay it out in the table or floor. i rarely let a guy pay afterwards without having at least seen some valid bills or an atm card. i have knockonwood not gotten any counterfeit money,and guys are happy to pay in advance for multiples from me in a city where paying afterward is the standard.

it is entirely possible that i lose some fraction of money this way, but on the other hand, i still get 3, 5, 10 dances in a row pretty regularly with this system, so i feel like it's the best way to go for the environment i work in.

kikin
12-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Now - it is the second time ever that a guy tried to rip me off. It doesn't happen all the time. But some customers don't look trustworthy.
Just cuz you got burned once don't mean you gotta treat all customers like they are ripoffs. Prepaid dances is bad for the dancers, cuz as previously explained, nobody buys 3 dances in advance. OTOH, if the 1st dance pleases a customer, they might buy a 2nd and a 3rd or more. The other alternative of paying at the conclusion of each dance is even more problematic. When I put my hand in my pocket to get ca$h I assume the fantasy is over and it's all business. I couldn't get back in the mood for a 2nd dance after that.

Jenny
12-07-2005, 07:23 PM
^^^
I fully agree with your characterization. I think that is what I said when I said that prepay would discourage my customers from buying more than one. And I pointed out that the vast majority of my customers are not looking to rip me off. And I am sure you are a very good customer - however you said that after other girls assured her you were good for it she changed her mind. And greed - how does greed come into it? It is the same money for the same time for the same service - just in advance rather than after. As for bitchy - honestly, you sound like the bitchy one - "the bitch asked me to pay in advance and because of that I will never get a dance from her, even if I get my way and don't pay in advance." All she did was want her money upfront.

kikin
12-07-2005, 07:25 PM
i roll my own prepay by either requesting to see the money in the guy's wallet/pocket in advance, or have them lay it out in the table or floor.
Apparently, customers not paying after dances is a problem for some dancers. For some reason, before reading this forum I was of the mindset that if a dude didn't have the ca$h to pay after he got a dance, he might go home missing a body part...like a kneecap or a tooth. The bouncers are a pretty intimidating bunch...obviously I was way off the mark...dancers can't even count on bouncers to convince customers to produce the ca$h. WTF are these bouncers getting paid for then? their good looks?

Casual Observer
12-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Absolutely positively no prepay for dances. If she demands money up front I get suspicious. I will pay her after each dance if thats what she wants but most dancers Ive seen dont want to interrupt the mood to talk money, especially if said conversation would dampen my interest in continuing the playfest.

Well said.

FBR
12-07-2005, 07:39 PM
i roll my own prepay by either requesting to see the money in the guy's wallet/pocket in advance, or have them lay it out in the table or floor. i rarely let a guy pay afterwards without having at least seen some valid bills or an atm card. i have knockonwood not gotten any counterfeit money,and guys are happy to pay in advance for multiples from me in a city where paying afterward is the standard.

it is entirely possible that i lose some fraction of money this way, but on the other hand, i still get 3, 5, 10 dances in a row pretty regularly with this system, so i feel like it's the best way to go for the environment i work in.

Mia the idea is to NOT make us feel like a fuckin ATM even though defacto that is what we are. You have to use your professional skills to glean whether we are cool or not...just like us custies have to mentally click that you are a dancer worth spending time (and money) with. No offense to you personally but if you said FBR empty your pockets and show me your cash I would KTTC.

FBR

miabella
12-07-2005, 07:48 PM
my primary dance experience is in small clubs, one of which had very good and aggressive staff who were protective of the dancers. but being intimidating doesn't mean anything when the guy runs out to the parking lot without paying (which has happened to other dancers i know). my system hasn't stopped guys from buying multiples and a decent proportion even tip on top of that. for me, it's not a lack of trust particularly, it's more that if i see the money directly there, i know i have to make my effort to justify receiving it. i can relax more if i know the money's there and i definitely give better dances when the money's at least laid out waiting for me.

Jenny
12-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Apparently, customers not paying after dances is a problem for some dancers. For some reason, before reading this forum I was of the mindset that if a dude didn't have the ca$h to pay after he got a dance, he might go home missing a body part...like a kneecap or a tooth. The bouncers are a pretty intimidating bunch...obviously I was way off the mark...dancers can't even count on bouncers to convince customers to produce the ca$h. WTF are these bouncers getting paid for then? their good looks?
It is unfortunate, but there is nothing the bouncers can really do besides intimidate. They are pretty fucking intimidating (at least they were the two times I got ripped off - seriously I must stress that 2 times is not a lot for the number of guys that I have danced for) but they can't actually force the customer to do anything. So we could call the police and hold them until the police get there - but you can imagine that we don't want to do that, and that it would be far from worth it. So you are asking us to essentially trust you to pay us after the service when we have no way of knowing that you can or will pay, and we have no recourse. If you pay, and then we don't deliver there are much better modes of complaint. As I said - I wouldn't do it. Losing money twice would not even begin to add up to what I would lose getting paid upfront. Although - in Guam you paid the bartender or bouncer. If you wanted another dance, you bought another one from the bouncer. Guys did it - all the time. I think inevitably, actually. I don't think I ever, even once sold just one 5 minute dance. So really, it's just a matter of what you are used to anyway.

miabella
12-07-2005, 08:02 PM
it also is a function of profiling your demographics. as i said, i have a form of prepay in a city where paying afterward is the norm, and i also get tipped on dances when that is not the norm, but i carefully select out the customers most likely to be amenable to my policies. it works out pretty well.

FBR
12-07-2005, 09:00 PM
mia this is a fun imagined story

FBR sitting at his table drinking a beer and chillin. A very hot stripper comes by, pauses, gives me the come hither look and says:

mia: Hi :) Are you sitting with anyone? Mind if I join you? My name is mia.

FBR: (immediately noticing that shes a hottie) Ummm sure. Im FBR. I'm all by my lonesome. I saw you on stage. I was hoping you would stop by. You want a drink?

mia: Id love a Crown and Coke...but only if youre gonna have another drink.

FBR: Is the Pope Catholic?

~drinks ordered and served and a couple of toasts and some great conversation~

FBR: You are fun as hell to talk to but to be honest, my male brain is drifting off in other directions.

mia: ~knowing where this is going and smiling seductively~ Im fine right here but do you have something else in mind?

FBR: I paid the Bouncer $100 to reserve a seat for me in the dance area...I bet its getting cold as hell by now. Wanna head up that way?

mia: FBR, I was hoping you would ask. You are an awesome guy. But...

FBR: But what?

mia: Well...dont take offense...

FBR: Offense? I dont want to be offended. Im here for fun.

mia: Well, I need to see your drivers liscense and credit card. Or if you have cash, we can waive that requirement.

FBR: Uhhh...well I do have a liscense and credit card but I dont like to show them in Strip Clubs. But I do have money ~fumbling in my pocket and finally producing a significant tiproll~

FBR: Is this OK?

mia: ~looking very skeptical~ Well, I see a $50 bill on the outside but how do I know that the rest arent $1's?

FBR: Uhh...there are $20's and $10's underneath. I would never....

mia: Put up or shut up

FBR

miabella
12-07-2005, 09:07 PM
hahaha. well, if that bore any resemblance to how i interact with customers, i suppose i could be all affronted the way you guys seem to be by the following:

dancer: 'you got some 20s handy?'
guy: 'sure!'
dancer: 'well, let's go have some dances!'

i mean, the guys i've asked to lay out the first twenty (or 50 or 100) generally don't mind kicking forth a few more after that initial dance/set of dances. it is probably totally a demographic thing, since i make about 80-90% of my money off guys under 30.

and ps: most guys who bristle at showing me an introductory 20 to get started usually do pull the bunch of ones thing with their tiprolls, curiously enough.

don't get me wrong, i don't ask about money in advance every single time, but the more i trust the guy to pay me afterwards without making a peep about my compensation before the song(s) start, the higher the likelihood i won't get any money at all, in my admittedly non-wide-ranging experience.

FBR
12-07-2005, 09:43 PM
hahaha. well, if that bore any resemblance to how i interact with customers, i suppose i could be all affronted the way you guys seem to be by the following:

dancer: 'you got some 20s handy?'
guy: 'sure!'
dancer: 'well, let's go have some dances!'

mia I was just projecting based upon your post but with an admitted tongue in cheek :)

FBR

miabella
12-07-2005, 09:53 PM
lucky for those faves. i suppose i somehow do feel affronted by an implication that something's wrong with the way i collect my dance fees, even though the guys who hate even laying out a 20 to start with fall firmly outside the demographic of guys who would give me money. i mean, it works for me, and i don't get complaints on it, and i can deflect occasional objections pretty deftly. i guess i resent the implications of some of these posted objections. and perhaps i shouldn't, but there it is. not all girls who ask for some preliminary amount upfront suck or don't deserve money, i guess is my point.

FBR
12-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Mia Im sorry you feel resentful about our posts. Its pretty simple really. Dont pay for a product until its delivered. To the extent that you are able to get pre-payment..good for you. But most custies want to pay after services are rendered...not before. And I believe most custies will in fact pay up rather than trying to escape to the parking lot.

FBR

Moneywise
12-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Concerned Dancer: "Could you be clear about your prepay habits since we can't see you prepay?"

MW: "If Ms. J tells you that I missed prepay, then that's that. I may have missed one prepay this year but if somebody says she missed one lap dance of all the lap dances this year, then that's enough to get a whole lot started. I told Ms. J that you don't have to give the people of Austin a reason to think about hustling me or anything like that. If you hustle somebody, you hustle them to make the landlord happier...simple as that. I'm cool with that. I'm all about that. The dancers in her club deserve to have fair compensation. It's simple as that. It goes further than that.

Concerned Dancer: "So you and Ms J got caught up on Saturday about prepay?"

MW: "If I can't prepay, I can't prepay. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about prepay. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise fucko, and we're talking about prepay. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about prepay, not a lap dance, not a lap dance, not a lap dance, but we're talking about prepay. Not the lap dance that I go out there and die for and take every lap dance like it's my last but we're talking about prepay man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about prepay. We're talking about prepay man. (laughter from the champagne room) We're talking about prepay. We're talking about prepay. We're not talking about the lap dance. We're talking about prepay. When you come to the strip club, and you see me take that lap dance like a pro, you've seen me take a lap dance right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about prepay right now. (more laughter)

Concerned Dancer: "But it's an issue that Ms. J continues to raise?"

MW: "Hey I hear you, it's funny to me to, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about prepay man, we're not even talking about the lap dance, when it actually matters, we're talking about prepay."

Concerned Dancer: "Is it possible that if you prepaid, you would make Ms. J feel better?"

MW: "How in the hell can I make Ms. J better by prepaying?

Concerned Dancer: "So she can be comfortable lap dancing with you."

MW: "She should be used to lap dancing with me. Thatís Ms. J. So my lap dance is going to deteriorate because I'm not prepaying Ms. J? Is my lap dance going to get worse? I'm asking you, is my lap dance going to get worse? So what about my lap dance? Is my lap dance going to get better because other fuckos are prepaying Ms. J, I mean, do that hurt me? Do you think that hurts me? I'm being honest, people are prepaying Ms. J but do that hurt me? Does that hurt me when I go out there and take 48 lap dances, does that hurt me as a fucko? Does that hurt me if this person prepays or that person prepays? Do it hurt me?

Concerned Dancer: "You don't need it as much as they do."

MW: "What do you mean by I don't need it as much?"

Concerned Dancer: "Because you're the superstar"

MW: "What do you mean I'm the superstar?"

Concerned Dancer: "Because you're better than they are. One of the best in the NBA."

lunchbox
12-08-2005, 07:33 AM
MW - after reading that I fear I might have woken up drunk and gone to work, still drunk.

doc-catfish
12-08-2005, 03:31 PM
i mean, the guys i've asked to lay out the first twenty (or 50 or 100) generally don't mind kicking forth a few more after that initial dance/set of dances.
Like I said in the OP, if a guy knows exactly how many dances that he wants in advance, then prepayment isn't so much of an issue. Its also not so much of an issue if the dancer wants to be paid up front for just the first song, and only wants the customer to whip out the tiproll so she can see how much he has on them. She then lets the customer know explicitly that if he wants multiples, he can hold the rest of his tiproll until he wants to stop.

When this topic has come up upstairs, a lot of gals have used the "you don't pay at the end when you go to a concert, movie, etc. reasoning to defend prepays. Some have even used paying for your food upfront at McDonalds as an example. But the flaw in those analogies is that in all of them, the customer knows generally upfront the quantity that he/she wants, and usually doesn't go back immediately for a second helping upon finishing the first.

Buying a string of dances to me is more like eating at an Applebees or nicer type place. The waitress asks you/your party what you'd like to drink, then asks if you'd like an appetizer, then asks what you'd like for your main course, then for your dessert, then if you'd like anything to go. They usually don't tab you out until you're done and even let you add the gratuity to the bill. I'm sure people in the restaurant business have a reason for doing it that way despite the occassional problem customer being short on funds.

Mia, I am curious, if you have an established customer who you are 99% certain isn't going to burn you, do you let your policy slide a bit?

dave1112
12-08-2005, 04:11 PM
it also is a function of profiling your demographics. as i said, i have a form of prepay in a city where paying afterward is the norm, and i also get tipped on dances when that is not the norm, but i carefully select out the customers most likely to be amenable to my policies. it works out pretty well.

If it works for you, more power to you. I've been burned by too many crappy pre-paid dances to go that route.

Also, you say it works pretty well. I'd argue that you may be missing out on more sales than you think. If you do get me to prepay, you've totally eliminated the chance that I'm going to buy more than one.

I wonder how many dances you've lost without even knowing it.

miabella
12-09-2005, 02:49 PM
probably not very many, and any repeat customers are happy to pull out their money in advance. i've actually found that i get more dances by asking for prepay of the first dance or 'show me some money' than when i just waited to be paid. when i wait, guys typically want to argue about song length and duration and god forbid they have to pay a whole 20$ for that dance! the only times i have been cheated on money were when i waited on payment. and those guys got like 2 dances. i find it interesting that you have such minimalist faith in a dancer's profiling ability, like doing it a way you personally wouldn't reward just simply must be costing the dancer a fortune.

dave1112
12-09-2005, 03:08 PM
i find it interesting that you have such minimalist faith in a dancer's profiling ability, like doing it a way you personally wouldn't reward just simply must be costing the dancer a fortune.

well, a number of guys here have said they don't buy pre-paid dances, or only buy one when they do, but, hey live in denial. If you don't believe you are losing any money, then it must be true ::)

miabella
12-09-2005, 03:41 PM
the guys who have said that are the guys least likely to even stage tip me in the clubs i've worked in. guys who spend money on me tend to be totally ok with my policies and practices. i can't lose money that i was never going to get.

doc-catfish
12-09-2005, 03:59 PM
the guys who have said that are the guys least likely to even stage tip me in the clubs i've worked in. guys who spend money on me tend to be totally ok with my policies and practices. i can't lose money that i was never going to get.
She does have a point there guys, and lets face it some customers WILL bend over backwards to meet a dancer's terms of sale.

But its not really the customer who isn't interested at all that I'm referring to. Its the one who is interested but whose interest is stunted by the prepayment policy, particularly when he's aware there are plenty of other dancers in the club that aren't doing it.

FBR
12-09-2005, 04:07 PM
well, a number of guys here have said they don't buy pre-paid dances, or only buy one when they do, but, hey live in denial. If you don't believe you are losing any money, then it must be true ::)

It's impossible on a MB to either prove or disprove the validity of any claims, regardless of whos making them. In mia's case, if shes banking $500-$700 a night and staying busy as hell, then it probably doesnt matter to her if she is missing some business by demanding upfront money. OTOH, if shes going home with a couple hundered bucks, then she owes it to herself to reflect on her sales approach and customer skills. Only she can answer that question.

I agree that it's hard to believe that all those customers are lining up to pay her hundreds of dollars up front. That doesnt fit into the modus operandi of any clubbers that I personally know. Having said that, however, I believe we Junkies tend to forget that the vast majority of customers out there are clueless and will pretty much go along with whatever a stripper says, no matter how unreasonable that would appear to us. I'm not talking about respecting a strippers personal and physical boundaries..even Junkies do that (most of the time anyways :P ) I'm talking about swallowing whatever SS is dished out. Sadly, many customers have no idea that the the customer actually does have some say so in the stripper/customer business transaction. If you used terms with them like "mileage" and "return on investment", you'd probably get nothing back from them beyond a blank stare.

FBR

miabella
12-09-2005, 05:34 PM
well, i am not at 1k a shift every shift yet, but i get pretty close when i'm working. as for dave's comment, i have primarily worked in clubs where dances were done in private rooms (often but not always exclusively), so there's not any likely way a guy could see or know how another guy was choosing to pay. in one club where table dances were allowed, guys were relieved to lay the money out because they considered it a sign i wasn't going to try to double-charge them. but then, i have had drunken customers hand me their wallets and say 'take out what you need', so obviously i am not attracting customers who distrust me right off the bat.

FBR
12-09-2005, 06:06 PM
but then, i have had drunken customers hand me their wallets and say 'take out what you need', so obviously i am not attracting customers who distrust me right off the bat.

mia if you are able to get custies to do that (even if they were drunk), you should bottle what you have and sell it for an outrageous price :P I bet there are a couple hundred prospective buyers upstairs on the Pink side :)

Seriously... Girl Scouts Honor...did those guys really do that or are you just caught up in verbally jousting with the Blue Ballers ;D

FBR

Jenny
12-09-2005, 06:07 PM
^^^
Oh, I want it! I want it!
Please, please, please?
I promise to use your power for good, not evil.

mr_punk
12-09-2005, 06:11 PM
More specifically does prepayment in your opinion lessen your spending (both on that particular gal and during the trip in general) than what it could've been?well, let me preface my response with two statements:
there are no guarantees in this business
in my experience, when buying (pre-paid or not) multiple dances from a new dancer. generally speaking, the first dance is the usually the worst.
so, to answer your question, the short answer is that it will most likely lessen my spending. now, for the long explanation. i don't mind if a dancer asks for the money upfront. however, most dancers tend not to ask me. so, those that do have less room for error. since that makes me think "lazy ass stripper".

now, i'm sure every dancer is just as good and honest as she claims, but see (1). furthermore, because of (2). i normally don't give much weight to the first dance. however, the second dance will make (multiple dances) or break a dancer with me. however, the exception to that rule is when it comes to pre-paid dances. in that case, the dancer will have to get nasty (and i don't mean waiting until the end of the song either) right away on the first dance. if she doesn't, there will be no subsequent dances.

I agree that it's hard to believe that all those customers are lining up to pay her hundreds of dollars up front. That doesnt fit into the modus operandi of any clubbers that I personally know. Having said that, however, I believe we Junkies tend to forget that the vast majority of customers out there are clueless and will pretty much go along with whatever a stripper says, no matter how unreasonable that would appear to us.oh, i believe her. i don't find it surprising at all and it shouldn't be a surprise even here on SCJ. how many times have we seen guys here post about throwing perfectly good money after bad on a stripper in the hopes of eventually getting a good dance?

I'm not talking about respecting a strippers personal and physical boundaries..even Junkies do that (most of the time anyways ) I'm talking about swallowing whatever SS is dished out. Sadly, many customers have no idea that the the customer actually does have some say so in the stripper/customer business transaction. If you used terms with them like "mileage" and "return on investment", you'd probably get nothing back from them beyond a blank stare.that's because they're too busy worrying about being respectful and nice. seriously, what would be the point? they wouldn't believe you anyway. you can't tell a PL that he's being a PL.

miabella
12-09-2005, 06:14 PM
yes, it has happened to me. not every week or anything, but guys have handed me their wallets and just trusted me. i had always thought it was a not uncommon thing to happen to dancers, though nothing a girl could expect regularly.

FBR
12-09-2005, 06:25 PM
yes, it has happened to me. not every week or anything, but guys have handed me their wallets and just trusted me. i had always thought it was a not uncommon thing to happen to dancers, though nothing a girl could expect regularly.

lmao OK you have to be British. Only the Brits have your kind of dry totally straight-faced kind of humor :)

FBR

dave1112
12-11-2005, 12:34 AM
guys who spend money on me tend to be totally ok with my policies and practices.

Policies and practices--oooh, your getting me hot. :)

Seriously, even hearing you describe it is such a mood killer. Sign here, and initial here and here. :O

Lio
12-11-2005, 01:50 AM
I sometimes prepay when I'm not really looking for a dance from them at that time. It's a polite way to tip someone, who has already given you say, five dances last week. I'll usually, then ofter to buy them a drink and the dance issue always ends there. Most of the girls who know me understand that it's a tip. Sometimes young new dancers think they got one over on me. Regardless I can't recall anyone ever asking for another dance once I prepaid for the first.

Katrine
12-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Now I remember, I did have a bitch subbie custy who would give me his wallet or his money roll and let me pick from it. He was such a pain in the ass though, and try to pull it away from me as I was choosing bills out of it in order to piss me off and get another beating. Yes, I know its not proper "BDSM". I really didn't know what I was doing and eventually he got to be too much of a pain in ass. Plus, he was obviously not all there mentally and my scruples got to me. :( Yes, I have fucking ethics, you all can eat me, bitches!

miabella
12-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Policies and practices--oooh, your getting me hot. :)

Seriously, even hearing you describe it is such a mood killer. Sign here, and initial here and here. :O

dave, :P . in general online my posting is a bit shrink-wrapped, which really has nothing to do with how i behave with customers at work. two different arenas. in any case, the moral is that every stripper is a wonderful unique snowflake and therefore you cannot possibly generalise about when and where prepay should or should not be applied. ;D

mr_punk
12-12-2005, 02:43 AM
Seriously, even hearing you describe it is such a mood killer. Sign here, and initial here and here.:Ooh yeah, how dare a sex worker kill the romatic mood by acting interested in money.

in any case, the moral is that every stripper is a wonderful unique snowflake and therefore you cannot possibly generalise about when and where prepay should or should not be applied.;Dthe operative word being snowflake.

kitana
12-28-2005, 01:38 PM
I don't make a guy prepay, it's just a downer.

I do however ask for payment after every $100 worth of dances. (or at least I make sure that he knows his "tab" is at that amount already.)

dlabtot
12-28-2005, 03:07 PM
The last time a dancer asked me to pay in advance, I asked her if she was gonna make me pay before the next one and the one after that as well...

the801
01-07-2006, 11:50 PM
The ladies that I get dances from on a regular basis are very relaxed about payment, because I have never cheated them, and they trust me. These are not necesarrily people that I have known for years, and years either. :) I have my favorites and they get all of my attention. And they know I'm trustworthy. One particularly hot lady I know will, when asked what number of dances we've had, reply something like: "that's up to you, how many do you think we've done? I've been enjoying myself too much to keep track!" 8) At first I thought that she is such a smooth salesperson and her delivery is so smooth, that she actually had this kind of reverse pysch. working on me; because I tip her more than anyone else!!! ::) But now, I'm not so sure...... At any rate, in the past I have gotten say 10- $20 dances from my ATFs, gotten up to take a leak, hit the ATM and paid her at the trough. Nothing like laying out a $200 "tip" at the rail to get your fellow SC attendees attention!! He-he! }:D

Best,

801inPDX