PDA

View Full Version : ?? Portable Stereo/Sound/CD Player ??

GoldCoastGirl
12-28-2005, 01:07 AM
What portable sound/stereo/CD player do you use and/or reccommend ?

I require something that will have good sound output (are audible so that the crowd can hear the beat) for function rooms and industrial sheds. I already have one that is for more "intimate" settings (smaller rooms ie standard hotel rooms)... I just need one for my 'bigger' bookings.

What else do you recommend that I have in my "tool kit" to bring along with me to each booking (besides my driver;)) ??

mild2wild
12-28-2005, 03:18 AM
Hey Chicky ;-)

I would reccoment you go to the good guys and pay cash :-p they always have good deals just tell them that you need a sound system that is portable and LOUD and they will give you a demo, alternatively scour Cash Converters and they will be able to help you (Cheaper too)

Good Luck

GoldCoastGirl
12-28-2005, 04:31 AM
Hey Chicky ;-)

I would reccoment you go to the good guys and pay cash :-p they always have good deals just tell them that you need a sound system that is portable and LOUD and they will give you a demo, alternatively scour Cash Converters and they will be able to help you (Cheaper too)

Personally I will give Harvey Norman a go first as I have a gift voucher to use up there or else (if it's at a reasonable price) try Cash Converters or some pawn shops.

In the end, I'm still after recommendations on brand and/or specific ones I should look out for... or what I should look out for that will help me :)

ctstriptease1
12-28-2005, 08:01 AM
I operate an agency in Connecticut:

GoldCoastGirl, please excuse me if I digress from the forum topic, but shouldn't your agency send you to parties with a bouncer who brings the music, singles and CD's ... is it common amongst private dancers/party strippers who work with an agency to provide their own bouncer, equiptment, etc..?

mild2wild
12-28-2005, 06:32 PM
ct striptease

In australia it is not up to the bouncer to bring the stereo / music as far as i can tell here in australia we do agency work ALOT different to you in most aspects. Here it is up to the dancer to provide the music they want to dance with and stereo to play it on. PM if you would like to know more about how we run!

Gold Coast Girl

i would personally choose a stereo by a well known company like sony, panasonic, lg they seem to have good sound and bass! but really advise you to go into the store and try them, ask the sales person to play music on them and see if it is suitable for your use... The sony boom box is really good for bigger functions.. how ever i do not know if they even make them any more...

Good Luck

GoldCoastGirl
12-28-2005, 07:04 PM
GoldCoastGirl, please excuse me if I digress from the forum topic, but shouldn't your agency send you to parties with a bouncer who brings the music, singles and CD's ... is it common amongst private dancers/party strippers who work with an agency to provide their own bouncer, equiptment, etc..?

It is totally up to the dancer/entertainer to provide her own security if she does at all. There are plenty of dancers/entertainers that do parties (standard-xxx shows) without a bouncer. The professional dancer/entertainer has her own music/CDs and a different one for each theme.

The smallest denomination here in Australia is $5 note. Our $1 and $2 are coins. Generally tips aren't given or sought as generally the dancer/entertainer is booked to do the show and leaves after that... only with waitressing (lingere/bikini/topless) are tips sought.

Back to the topic: I've been recommended to get a JVC cylinder shape stereo... it's too damn hot to do anything today (my unit has no a/c just pedestal fans) so I will have to put it off until tomorrow.