View Full Version : Do you have a license??

01-24-2006, 04:09 PM
I was thinking earlier today about the possibility of me getting back into private dancing. I know in my area, they really really try to crack down on solicitations. To the dancers who book private shows on their own, without agency assistance, Do you ladies have the correct licenses?

01-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Most areas don't require exotic dancers or any other type of adult entertainer to have a license, I've heard stories about places in Texas and Florida having such requirements though.

01-24-2006, 06:09 PM
They have them in Ohio Sarah. Caught without it, and you're going to jail for solicitation. Not to mention whatever else they can throw in there :-[

01-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Wow, that's interesting. Is it just a particular county? I wasn't familiar with any of those being a state law.

01-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Ha, girl Ohio, especially Censornati wants you to have a freaking license (they cost like at least $100) for not only each county, but in some areas the TOWNSHIPS as well.

That's why here, the girls who run the risk of doing this business on their own run into huge risks. I just don't want it to be me ya know...

01-24-2006, 07:04 PM
That's just excessive.

01-24-2006, 07:06 PM
^^ Ha, tha'ts the whole point girl. I live in CENSORnati remember. I swear, this place is so conservative, and they wonder why people are moving away in large numbers yearly!

01-25-2006, 03:12 PM
I have a Independent contractors certificate. I think you better check with your state or county. It varies, but I know I have been asked for mine before. Actually was asked for it at the Buffalo Station but never at Teasers. I was only asked for it once in the course of private shows, and the bachelors dad was a lawyer so I'd say thats a good sign that you need to have one.

01-25-2006, 08:35 PM
in canada the major centers require a lic. .you need to get one for each city.some smaller place don't require one. but as a source of revenue more and more places are requiring them. I feel it would be fair for a province wide lic. but likely never happen. if you have a car you can work smaller places without one..Anyway when you have one it covers you for clubs and private parties etc.

01-26-2006, 01:19 AM
I know in Tucson we only need a license to dance nude.

01-26-2006, 01:36 AM
Wow, this seems a lot more common than I originally thought.

01-26-2006, 06:21 AM
You have to have it in san diego as well, as far as i know... if i remeber correctly, its like 2-300 bucks... and dont quote me on this but i think vegas requires certain licensures for certain things, but i could be wrong (im going by what ive heard, and i may have misunderstood)

01-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Mine is $300 this year, I believe, and it is good for 3 years. So it isn't really that expensive when you think about it. They also send you some pamphlets on how it protects you (like if you don't get paid or something).

01-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Oh, my GOODNESS, CK.....I LUUUV your new avatar!!

02-08-2006, 12:45 AM
I find it so strange that places crack down on dancers when I know so many dancers male and female doing the escort thing full time no problems.

03-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Atlanta has licenses. $350 per club and if you are an "escort" which in Georgia terms means anything outside the club including Doms, special massures, etc. its $300/yr per county of entertainment.

The only good thing is its only $50/yr per club to renew after the initial fee.