PDA

View Full Version : Razr

Feiticeira
02-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Hey guys and gals. I just got the new Motorola Razr V3. But my friend only has bad things to say about them(He works for Radio Shack). He says they crack, drop calls, lose charge easily etc. Is this phone that bad? It's an expensive one....Any personal experiences?

FourWinns
02-06-2006, 05:21 PM
I don't have personal experience with the Razr v3 but I was hoping to upgrade to it from my old Nokia phone.

Your comment along with similiar negatives from a co-worker about 'cracking' and erratic volume have convinced me to wait before changing phones.

FourWinns
02-06-2006, 05:28 PM
... just curious, if you don't mind - who is your carrier with that phone?

Casual Observer
02-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Not to knock your friend, but I have a saying about Radio Shack--

You've got questions, they have no answers.

My anecdotal experience with the phones is good.

Emily
02-07-2006, 10:53 AM
I don't get the point of the Razr unless you carry the phone in your pocket. I carry a suitcase with me everywhere, so my phone doesn't need to be tiny.....unless you get the pink one, because it's pink. That's why I wanted it for a minute or two

But then I got annoyed by it. I just don't like that they are obviously gouging people with this phone. Why is the pink so "limited" and $50 more than the black or silver?

lunchbox
02-07-2006, 11:01 AM
2 guys I work with got it and love it. I have heard about the bad reviews, however I know noone other than those 2 guys.

Can't wait to see the moto Q in action, lacking tocuhscreen, but still sexy as hell.

jbgoode
02-24-2006, 05:22 PM
I've had the black razr since July 2005 (Cingular). And it's fine for the most part. I've dropped the phone so many freaking times, and it still works. Here are a few gripes though.

The battery stopped taking a charge last month. I had to turn off the phone, take the battery out, then turn it back on. And it started working again.

The camera for black phone is not that good, but then again, I don't plan on publishing any of the pictures in some magazine.

I have the Jabra bluetooth earpiece. Once in a blue moon, the connection between it and the phone wouldn't work. I would just then go through the "bonding" process again. Also, there's only one ring tone available if you use the earpiece (you can't pick the ring tone).

As for the battery losing charge quickly... I've only noticed that when you the bluetooth connection is on. I guess the phone has to constantly "scan" for the connection (who knows?).

But for the most part, it works well and looks cool.

JBG

MichaelD
02-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Any personal experiences?

I have the Silver RAZR V3 from T-Mobile. The volume is not loud enough to hear very well at all in a club. From what I understand it's possible to be heard if you cup your hand around it if there is music playing. The speaker (the one you put to your ear, NOT the speakerphone) is just not loud enough.

To that end, I haven't actually tried using the speakerphone feature in a loud environment but I am certain that it would pick up more noise and make being heard impossible, even if you could then hear a bit better.

But damn, they look nice.

Deni
02-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Not to knock your friend, but I have a saying about Radio Shack--

You've got questions, they have no answers.

Well, it's not just you that feels that way. I've never had a positive experience in Radio Shack...guess that's why I wouldn't set foot in the place now. :P

Ok, back to the topic! Razr phones!

dywtw
04-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Razr phone owners should check your source for that phone - there is a recall that talks about exchanging phones purchased between February and sometime in March. I suspect that if you have one that acts up but was not purchased during the time frame for the recall/exchange, and bitch enough, you could get a replacement.

Chicagoeditor
04-19-2006, 04:53 PM
The speaker volume (not the nice and loud speakerphone) is a complaint. There's a work-around, but one has to use a hex editor and screw with a bit setting--not for the faint of heart! Otherwise, maybe look at the Slvr, which is a later generation and may have addressed this.

onlythebest
04-19-2006, 05:28 PM
I've had mine for quite some time now and I absolutely love it.It does everything I need.There's a new version due out soon which is the RAZR V3i.It's a RAZR with iTunes.Dolce & Gabbana has a limited edition gold one.There's only 1,000 of those made and are numbered with D&G wallpaper and history of the company and ringtones.

http://ita.dolcegabbana.it/motorola2005/

Miss. Kristina Lee
06-23-2006, 08:53 AM
mine died after 6 months of use. i have a samsung t809 now and it kicks the motos ass.

BrunetteGoddess
06-25-2006, 01:34 AM
... just curious, if you don't mind - who is your carrier with that phone?
Wow, old topic... :P

Cingular

FourWinns
10-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Wow, old topic... :P

Cingular

I'm still using my old Nokia candy bar phone. A while back a stripper referred to it as 'vintage'.