PDA

View Full Version : When did dancers stop wanting to make money?

Jpac73
02-24-2006, 07:01 AM
I was at one of my regular clubs last night. I had came there looking for the girl named Farah that I met last time I was there. She told me that she generally comes in early monday through Thursday. So instead of going on Friday nights like I have been I decided to go on a Thursday. Well When I got there I didn't see her anywhere. I asked the lady bartendar was Farah working tonight and she said she usually comes in around 9:00p.m. I looked at my watch and it was already 9:15. Time goes by so I decided to get some dances from some of the other girls. Around 11:00pm. I see Farah and another dancer that use to work there coming through the door. She didn't go straight to the dressing room. She stopped and talked with some of the dancers on duty that night. I decided that I would say something to her even if she wasn't dancing tonight. So I got up and went up to her and said " You're not dancing tonight?" She said "No I am off but she(the girl that came in with her) can give you a dance." She is twice as good as me." I turned and looked at the girl in reference and it was a dancer named Olivia that I had met a few months ago. I liked Olivia as well. I had asked Farah about what happend to Olivia on my previous visit.

Farah asked would I wait till Olivia got dressed, and I said yes. Well Olivia didn't go to the dressing room then she & Farah continued to talk for another 10minutes or so. I thought that they weren't going to dance at all but to my surprised both of them dressed out and got on stage at the same time to do a few songs. I didn't know whom to ask for a dance, because both of them were hot, but Olivia had the better ass so I decided to ask her. She shook her head and agreed to do a dance after she got through dancing on stage. Well after their stage set they dissappeared into the back. I knew they couldn't have worked up a sweat that quick because they just got there. Something told me to go ahead and ask another dancer for a dance because I had the funny feeling Farah & Olivia were getting dressed ready to leave the club. Sure enough about 15minutes later I see both of them dressed getting ready to head out the club. I didn't say anything to them(It wouldn't have did any good) but it kind of pissed me off. I was mad at Farah because she was the one I had originally came to see and she didn't bother to give me a dance & Olivia lied and agreed to give me a dance but hauled ass. I went ahead and got my last dance from a girl named Porsha. She was cool but I was always skeptical of her because I knew she was a lesbian(she go's with the female DJ) or either bi-sexual. Porsha was very friendly and gave a decent dance but not a great one.

The night would have been a good one but the incident with Olivia and Farah sort of put a stain on my visit. I just can't believe I was trying to give them a chance to make some money and they didn't take adavantage of it. I learned my lesson. I will go to the club on the day that I like or usually go. I am not going to change my routine for some dancer. She isn't going to change her routine for me so why should I do it for her? and most importantly I am not going to sit and wait on some dancer who acts like they don't won't to make money that night. The dancers don't wait or go out of their way to please you me, so I am not going to do it for them.

yoda57us
02-24-2006, 07:43 AM
Hmmm...must be a Georgia thing. In my neck of the woods you show up at the start of your shift and dance until the end of your shift. While not on stage a dancer works the room and tries to earn a living.

I'm with you Jpac73. I just don't get it.

SportsWriter2
02-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Assume we have two dancers G and P. They hang out together in the subculture. They work at a "walk in any time you want" club.

G: "Girlfriend, you wanna work tonite?"
P: "Yeah, D will be there and she has new powder."
G: "Good, cuz I'm bummin right now."

P and G pop some pills to tide themselves over. They get to the club, find a customer but no D. They go to the dressing room after their stage set. Joey calls P, "You guys wanna party? I got powder."

P: "We're on girlfriend."
G: "What about Jpac. We promised him."
P: "Who? Fuck him, we're outta here."

IMPULSE. PARTY. FUCK. SUCK. DO LINES. CALL THE DJ WHEN YOU CRASH.

The DJ was gonna make a CD of crash calls, but it's all random shit talk, so what's the point? ::)

Jpac, these are not people. These are alien drugbots.

Jpac73
02-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Actually Sportswriter you may be right on a few points. I do believe they hangout together outside the club and Olivia has admitted in the past of smoking Marijuana although she claims to have stopped. I think Olivia is just a headcase. She is on prescription medicing for depression. That and I also think she is just lazy. I don't know what farah's problem was about. I guess she saw a half empty club and decided it wasn't worth staying around. I think the DJ asked them would they do a set since they were already there. They made there little "Gas Money" or "Dime bag" money for the night and went home.

Yoda: This club seems to let a small number of dancers come in during the "peak" times of the club. I think the club opens at 6:00pm. and closes at 2:00A.M. The last set of girls usually come in around 9:30 or 10:00 o'clock. In some cases later than that I suppose as this story shows.

Jenny
02-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Dude - how about this? How they choose to ration their time is not your problem. You may choose to wait on them or not. That is how YOU are choosing to ration YOUR time. If they think their time is better spent talking to people at a bar than dancing for you - they are probably in a better position to know that than you are. Next time you might consider qualifying the "okay" with a "Okay, if you are ready in about 20 minutes." I'd rush, but I always need the money. I'd rush for $20. A lot of girls won't.

GenWar
02-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Jpac:

I follow my personal rules of Strip Clubbing. #4 of said rules is "No promises, No jealousy." It comes up more often than any other rule, cept #12.

I have had dancers promise to come see me and fail to do so. I have had dancers refuse my tip at stage. Conversely, I have had dancers refuse to spend time with any customer but me, even when I would prefer to be alone and say so.

Dancers have a myriad of motivations that might be related to drugs (SW), personal agendas (Jenny) or just the emotional sledgehammer that can sometimes accompany being a dancer (god, I sound like I am on the pink side.)

My point is, you can't tie up anything of your personal worth or mood in the whims of a dancer. You can't rely on their promises and sure as hell don't make any of your own. Go with the flow and think twice before you make a special trip to see someone who has that level of respect for you and your $$$.

-gen

evan_essence
02-24-2006, 02:02 PM
personal agendas (Jenny)Really? I gotta pay more attention. And here I thought her only agenda was enhancing the customer experience by deferring to men on all issues.

-Ev

GenWar
02-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Really? I gotta pay more attention. And here I thought her only agenda was enhancing the customer experience by deferring to men on all issues.

-Ev

My bad, I was unclear. I only meant that her previous post indicated the possible cause of Jpac's problem might be that the dancers have personal agendas beyond his understanding. "If they think their time is better spent talking to people at a bar than dancing for you - they are probably in a better position to know that than you are." That's just how I read her point. Just as SW theorized it was drug induced insanity that caused it.

-gen

P.S. Why do I always get nervous when I see an evan post after mine? ;)

doc-catfish
02-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Sadly, the account in the OP is a byproduct of clubs just hiring anything with tits walking in the door willing to pay a house fee. These gals aren't there to be professional or to earn a living. They're there to party on the cheap. EVERY club ot seems has a few of these regardless of whether its upscale or divey.

Inconsistency in dancer dependability is unfortunately becoming one of my biggest pet peeves with this biz. Much of the reason the current ATF got to where she is, is because she is relatively consistent, and I stress the relative part, for even she has her WTF kind of moments.
:-\

jbgoode
02-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Jpac,

I think you may be right about the girls not dancing because the club was half-empty. A club I used to go to a lot would allow the girls to do a set without having to pay a house fee. But if they decide to stay and give dances, they would have to pay up. Some of the dancers would then just do a set and see how things looked. If it's bad, they just say "screw it" and take off.

JBG

Katrine
02-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Everyone makes a good point here. A lot of girls get very spoiled by dancing, and subsequently get sucked into the subculture. When money is easy, and all the customers are fawning over them, telling them how pretty and perfect they are, these girls begin to internalize it. They can't see the forest for the trees and think that next big PL-whale is just around the corner. Chances are, he is, for a little while.

They don't care about you or your business. Although some dancers form regular relationships, stripping industry is more about the assembly line then it is about customer relationships. They care about the moment, and at the moment, they didn't need your money badly enough. Me personally, when I took the time and effort to doll myself up and drive to the club, I was there working for as many hours as I could get in until club closed or I was too burned out to deal with the customers anymore......

You shouldn't be cross with these girls, their spoils are fleeting, and they will one day have to actually do some work when the pervs like you are knocking on someone else's backdoor. Cheerio mate! ;)

mr_punk
02-24-2006, 06:04 PM
I had the funny feeling Farah & Olivia were getting dressed ready to leave the club. Sure enough about 15minutes later I see both of them dressed getting ready to head out the club.nooooo, you don't say? a stripper with a flaky work ethic? why, i never would have guessed? LOL.

I just can't believe I was trying to give them a chance to make some money and they didn't take adavantage of it. I learned my lesson. I will go to the club on the day that I like or usually go. I am not going to change my routine for some dancer. She isn't going to change her routine for me so why should I do it for her? and most importantly I am not going to sit and wait on some dancer who acts like they don't won't to make money that night. The dancers don't wait or go out of their way to please you me, so I am not going to do it for them.IOW, you're paying these biatches to be nice to you. so, those biatches better be nice. seriously, i have some more bad news for you, Jpac. there are no guarantees with strippers. strippers are flaky. some more or less than others, but it's just a matter of degrees. as a customer, one has to learn how to manage strippers. you have your starting line-up, bench or role players and then you have the minor leagues. now, it sounds like this broad danced for you only once or twice before. so, how can you be so willing to give any stripper a starting position based on one or two at bats? frankly, she hasn't earned anything yet.

Jpac73
02-24-2006, 07:41 PM
I appreciate the advice from everyone in particular katrine's post. I will just take this as a learning experience.

evan_essence
02-26-2006, 01:02 PM
P.S. Why do I always get nervous when I see an evan post after mine? ;)Uh, I don't know. They always go down easier when taken with a grain of salt. :P

-Ev