PDA

View Full Version : Nickleback rocks!

kdogg247
05-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Sorry Gen, I had to start the thread.

GenWar
05-02-2006, 02:18 PM
:)

I can appreciate the need to be obstinate. OF course, *I* can.

However, have you ever HEARD them? ugh.

-gen

kdogg247
05-02-2006, 02:26 PM
I actually like Nickleback. I don't like them enough to argue with anyone about how good they are, but to me, they are as good as the other bands with a similar sound.

There is some music that I can't stand, for example Britney Spears, but I can't think of any that I hate enough that I wouldn't get a LD to it.

doc-catfish
05-02-2006, 08:11 PM
I liked them better when you had to listen to a dedicated rock station to hear a Nickelback song. Then "How You Remind Me" came out, they went mainstream and their lead singer did that suck ass "Hero" song for Spiderman.

Nowadays you hear them on all the "pop" stations as well and their singles as of late seem to be more oriented towards sucking up to get women to buy their records. I mean WTF is that "Savin' Me" song all about? Sappity, sap, sap, sap. They're not REO Speedwagon for crying out loud.

wakko0129
05-02-2006, 08:43 PM
They put on a pretty good live show.

Their radio play seems split between the rock and top 40 stations. I like about half of every album they make...

Deni
05-02-2006, 08:44 PM
They're not REO Speedwagon for crying out loud.

Teehee! That's just freakin' hilarious! :D

Cally
05-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Ugh I cant stand Nicklecrap... I almost killed the DJ stupid enough to put me up to it. I told him I like Korn, Limp Bizket, Disturbed etc and he gives me NICKLECRAP!! He assumed I like it cuz im Canuck(this was in the US) dummy... Chad is arrogant(met him) and bleh their music is to much sap..

GenWar
05-03-2006, 05:04 AM
"6. Chad Kroeger: It's not just the massive head, weird face, and bad hair. It's also the fact that he's in Nickelback, the worst band since the dawn of music. "

- Bill Jenson & Ryan Stewart, "The 100 unsexiest men in the real world" (http://thephoenix.com/article_ektid7852.html) (http://thephoenix.com/article_ektid7852.html) 4/18/06

Ya ask me? Gilbert and Randy got a raw deal.

-gen

P.S. Doc, in all fairness, that "Hero" song was never credited to Nickleback, but to Chad personally. Perhaps even THEY (the other members of the band) have their limits? :O

P.P.S. Cally: Korn. Now THERE is a band that rocks! ;)

Casual Observer
05-03-2006, 06:53 AM
They play their videos at my Gold's Gym. I can't stand Nickelback. It's overdone chick rock.

Where's the Lamb of God, please?

Katrine
05-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Die Nickelback, each song is the EXACT SAME!

Cally
05-04-2006, 12:22 AM
THANK YOU KAT!!! OMG It seems like every damn song has the same freakin beat to it and they all sound alike and BLAH!!!!!!! I HATE NICKLECRAP!!!!

Jenny
05-04-2006, 09:56 AM
I dunno - I can't work up to actually hating Nickleback. Of course I only know that one song they do. You know the one.

GenWar
05-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Feels good to not be alone.

-gen

Docido
05-04-2006, 05:48 PM
I think I'd rather pass a kidney stone than listen to another Nickelback song.

stitch132
05-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Nickelback always sounds the same because they only know three chords.

NoCoverLover
05-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Ya, that shit's pretty bad. What is it with the sappy, melow, ordinary stuff anyway??

Not that I listen to top-40 radio...

Time to go to digital radio, me thinks.

evan_essence
05-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I dunno - I can't work up to actually hating Nickleback. Of course I only know that one song they do. You know the one.I tried to find the site where the guy mixed two Nickelback songs together into one audio file and posted it. "Someday" played out of the left channel and "How You Remind Me" played out of the right. Talk about redundancy, the sync of the two was almost perfect, proving how identical they were. Unfortunately, the file's gone now; too many people were listening to it and drawing too much bandwidth off the guy's account so he took it down.

-Ev

sander8son
05-13-2006, 11:17 AM
ive never listened to current music, so i have no idea who nickleback is. but i gaurantee i wouldnt' like them if i heard them. but the same could be said for almost any song i hear in a club.

dlabtot
05-13-2006, 11:35 AM
They're like Metal-lite.

yoda57us
05-14-2006, 05:39 PM
OK, I can do without ever hearing another Nickelback song....but don't be dissin' REO Speedwagon!

dayzed
06-29-2006, 09:51 PM
I was recently in a situation of being forced to listen to their most recent album multiple times in a short period (long story) and I'm pretty sure that one of the songs, "Next Contestant," is written from the POV of a jealous stripper's boyfriend, who is fantasizing (in ultra-earnest fashion) about beating up her customers.

High mark on the UIC (Unintentional Comedy) scale.

dippidy dave
07-18-2006, 08:28 AM
OK, I can do without ever hearing another Nickelback song....but don't be dissin' REO Speedwagon!
REO WHO? must be geezer rock
you need some powerman5000 they kicked ass in houston saturday nite. valet parking ,addmission & enough beer to get shitface was under $50, scoutbar rules

Jay Zeno
07-18-2006, 08:45 AM
I was in Central Illinois when REO Speedwagon was playing the Barn in Peoria, getting started... yeah, they were rocking.

"Geezer rock" is accurate, but shit, those bands that I grew up with are still making money going around on their reincarnation tours. Even my kids like them better than a lot of the new stuff over the last 10 years.

Richard_Head
07-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Geezer rock rules! Don't be dissing REO Speedwagon>:(.

dippidy dave
07-20-2006, 06:40 AM
i still listen to the geezer rock too, at my age, 35, i grew up with the geezer rock, hairbands & speedmetal. now i just need to find a station that plays it, houston radio stations suck!

GenWar
07-20-2006, 06:52 AM
I found the radio in Houston to be quite nice. Course my favorite song during my last visit was "Ridin' dirty" by Houston-native Chamillionaire, so, had little to complain about.

-gen

P.S. My favorite Geezer Rock band is Toto. "Gonna take a lot to take me away from you. There's nothing that a hundred men on Mars could ever do. I guess the rain's down in Africa. Gonna take the time to do the things we never have...oh oh." :)