PDA

View Full Version : What's up with all the fake real names?

kdogg247
05-03-2006, 06:53 AM
"Hi. My name is X, but my real name is Y."

This is the greeting I have been getting lately at the strip clubs. What's up with this? I understand that fake real names are useful when a customer keeps demanding a stripper's real name, but damn, I never asked. Now I have to remember two names and if the alleged real name is better than the stage name, I have a hard time remembering the stage name. Of course, maybe I am just making something out of nothing.

yoda57us
05-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Yes, you are.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I think the fake/fake-real intro is a reaction to all the guys who pester girls for their real names. Just give em' the fake real name right of the bat and get it over with.

kdogg247
05-03-2006, 08:57 AM
I was just having a Seinfeld moment.

doc-catfish
05-03-2006, 09:25 AM

This is the greeting I have been getting lately at the strip clubs. What's up with this? I understand that fake real names are useful when a customer keeps demanding a stripper's real name, but damn, I never asked.

1. They think you're stupid enough to fall for it.
2. Its just something they've started doing on reflex because they're sick of being asked for their real name.

Either way, more often than not, it probably works for them. I say just call their bluff or do some bluffing of your own. I mean why should they have all the fun?

Inside the club, I simply refer to gals by their stage name. You never know when a dancer may have multiple fake-real names to sort her regulars out, or when her fake-real name might be another dancer's stage name.

Phil-W
05-03-2006, 10:32 AM
If this fake real name gets more prevelant, could this lead to name inflation?

I mean, once it's known dancers are using fake real names,will they have to deploy a fake real name and a fake, fake real name?

Phil. }:D

kdogg247
05-03-2006, 11:13 AM

I mean, once it's known dancers are using fake real names,will they have to deploy a fake real name and a fake, fake real name?

That's my point. I say pick one name and stick with it. Too many names confuses the easily confused (me).

Cally
05-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi my name is Mercedes but my real name is BMW :D

kdogg247
05-03-2006, 11:52 AM
^^^ LOL. That's a good one.

lunchbox
05-03-2006, 01:52 PM
I introduced myself as lunchbox twice last weekend.

CalifSCVisitor65
05-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Hi my name is Mercedes but my real name is BMW :D

LMAO good one. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Do you mind if I copy and post that to the BMW Forum that I visit?

Cally
05-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Go for it Cali :P

red red red
05-04-2006, 12:49 PM

yes! it happens all the time!!! you guys are getting too slick for us...

CalifSCVisitor65
05-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Go for it Cali :P

Thanks Cally, I just did. I'll let you know what kind of response I get over there. 8)

evan_essence
05-04-2006, 11:27 PM
"Hi. My name is X, but my real name is Y."Yeah, that's just not clever marketing at all. It is a quick way of dispensing with the issue by lying right up front so crudely. Not that it works because anyone believes it, but rather, because it's like saying, I know you're going to ask so you should know I'm going to lie. But in my opinion, that pre-emptive strike is stupid, regardless of how tedious I might feel the real name question is. I'd never do that because there's no finesse in it.

If I were a customer, I think I'd respond with something like:
(Humorous) "Oh, honey, that's okay, I don't care about your real name; I'm only here for your body."
(Maudlin) "Oh, honey, that's okay. I don't care about your real name. I'm only here for your smile."
(Lewd) "Oh, honey, that's okay. I'm not here to invade your privacy. Just your privates."

-Ev

Cally
05-05-2006, 10:38 AM
LoL When my gf asks guys what their name is she goes 'Oh I like your stage name'. Its kinda cute..

And Cali im looking forward to the responce :D

Blade
05-05-2006, 06:47 PM

This is the greeting I have been getting lately at the strip clubs. What's up with this? I understand that fake real names are useful when a customer keeps demanding a stripper's real name, but damn, I never asked. Now I have to remember two names and if the alleged real name is better than the stage name, I have a hard time remembering the stage name. Of course, maybe I am just making something out of nothing.I like to say my name is Blade, but my real name is Mike...you can call me your big dick daddy from cincinatti. The fact I'm from Arizona via Connecticut doesn't matter.

CalifSCVisitor65
05-05-2006, 09:22 PM
And Cali im looking forward to the responce :D

Sorry Cally, it appears that no one got the joke...:-[ I guess there are no SCJs over there. However, over 140 people did read the thread though.

mr_punk
05-06-2006, 12:08 PM
This is the greeting I have been getting lately at the strip clubs. What's up with this? I understand that fake real names are useful when a customer keeps demanding a stripper's real name, but damn, I never asked.oh, you don't have to ask. it's also handy due to avg customer's demand for authenticity. still, the gesture is romantic and sweet. so, the next time a stripper tells says something along these lines. i suggest you return the favor with an equally romantic gesture. perhaps, a romantic serenade. i think this would be an apt song (http://www.goyk.com/flash.asp?path=310). besides, once she sees that you can play a bright and shiny, musical instrument. sh#t, she just might buy a new transmission for your band's van, even though you don't have a band.

amylynnej
05-06-2006, 02:32 PM
uhm you dont have a right to know my real name unless I want you too.

stitch132
05-06-2006, 03:07 PM
So, AmyLynne, do you have a "fake real" name to deal with custies who press you for your real name?

amylynnej
05-06-2006, 03:15 PM
I have given out many names.

yoda57us
05-06-2006, 05:47 PM
My fake club name never fools anyone....Try calling yourself "yoda" when your physique screams "jabba the hut":'(