PDA

View Full Version : Rain Songs

Bella21
05-17-2006, 05:54 PM
So, I'm working at my old club again but Bella's taken! (Oh, the horror) So, I am now Rain. I think it would be cute to dance to songs with the word Rain in them. ;D The only one I can think of is the Phil Collin's song, Rain Down (I think that's the name?)... and I'm not sure if I want to dance to that one, hehehe. ;D Anyone know of any?

Docido
05-17-2006, 06:32 PM
There is the song "Rain" by the Beatles. I'm not sure that you could dance to it though. You could try "Its Raining Men." :D

PaigeDWinter
05-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Madonna did a song called Rain.
So did U2... Guns N Roses did November Rain... Foreigner did a song called Rain too. Dont mind me I'm just tossin out all kindsa stuff, dunno what you like to dance to. I think Alanis Morrissette did a song called Rain. I think... I'd have to go digging. Roxy Music did Rain Rain Rain, Prince did Purple Rain.

This might help too: http://www.lacarte.org/songs/rain/

TigersMilk
05-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Blame it on the Rain - milli vanilli ............JK never.
Im only happy when it rains - garbage
...hate it when someone already has my name.

Bella21
05-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Sweet, I knew there were a lot of them out there! Ima throw out "Kiss the rain" (by annie lenox?) so I don't forget it tomorrow morning, hehe. :)

Djoser
05-18-2006, 01:10 AM
If you like techno, there's two kick ass songs about rain.

One is by Prophecy, and is I believe a souped up version of the Annie Lenox song--it's a well known song, anyway, remixed quite well if you like techno. It's best to start it a little over 2 minutes into it, which leaves about 3 minutes 20 seconds.

Then there's a remix of Balligomingo's "Purify" by Gabriel & Dresden which is utterly enchanting, and has a woman singing about rain--that's what's doing the purifying, I suppose--she sings "Rain on me..." over and over again, and she has a beautiful voice.

However, this one needs to be started a full four minutes into it, so either you need to have a cool DJ who's into this music, or edit it yourself. It's not that fucking hard to que that far into a song, but you know how these goddamned DJs are about requests like this, lol...

You could just try the original version of "Purify", but though it's sexy as hell, it's a bit slower.

Bitsi
05-18-2006, 01:31 AM
That would be awesome to get a purple bikini and dance to purple rain. SWV ( remember them) did a song called rain down on me or something like that.

RoseWhite
05-18-2006, 08:08 AM
I love "Rain" by The Cult! "Here comes the rain . . . " Mmm, Ian Astbury, back in the day. Still makes my bosoms heave.

There's also "Here Comes the Rain Again" by the Eurythmics. (Double entendre optional.)

Djoser
05-18-2006, 11:54 AM
I love "Rain" by The Cult! "Here comes the rain . . . " Mmm, Ian Astbury, back in the day. Still makes my bosoms heave.

There's also "Here Comes the Rain Again" by the Eurythmics. (Double entendre optional.)

It's a pretty miserable excuse, but I was wiped out from working last night, or I might have remembered that Cult song...

The Cult are so fucking good--they have to be my favorite 80s band, by far...

And that techno remix is of the Eurythmics song, now that my head is clear, lol...

RoseWhite
05-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Man, now I'm going to have to do an all-Cult set one of these days, if my DJ will indulge me. What do you think - She Sells Sanctuary, Fire Woman, and then (for the crowd) their cover of Born to be Wild?

The_Oceans
05-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Don't know if these were on the site Paige listed, but here's two more rain songs:

"Rain In The Summertime" by The Alarm
("I...love to feel the rain...in the summertime...I...love to feel the rain on my face")

"The Rain" by Oran "Juice" Jones
("I saw you {and him} walking in the rain...you were holding hands and I'll never be the same")

eloquence
05-20-2006, 03:46 PM
There is Rain by Madonna, Rain by Candlebox, Rain by Roxette, Rain by Sevendust, and Kiss the Rain by billie myers....There's a bunch, but I cant remember all the lyrics....

Blade
05-20-2006, 06:13 PM
there's a shitload!

TigersMilk
05-20-2006, 06:14 PM
^^ aww paige beat you to it.

Blade
05-20-2006, 08:35 PM
ugh, so she did. Dammit thats what I get for posting while exhausted

Djoser
05-20-2006, 10:36 PM
LOL, join the club--for about three months I was a zombie--I've never seen so may typos and grammatical errors--I'd go back a day or two later and be amazed...

MrChristopher
05-21-2006, 01:09 AM
There's that new hot jammy-jam "Blade Likes It Raw, On Tuesdays (In The Rain)" by Djoser and the Bowls Of Fuck. Hot shizz. Check it out.

Djoser
05-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Hey, you just ruined our surprise media blitz...

Jay Zeno
05-21-2006, 11:26 AM
"Love (Reign O'er Me)" by the Who from the Quadrophenia album. One of the all-time great rock songs. Not kidding. It starts out with kettle drums for thunder, cymbals for lightning, and is nearly theatrical in the presentation. It's perfect.

kryssy
05-22-2006, 03:54 PM
go to limewire and put rain in the title area. there's lots of rain songs. my hubby also likes songs about rain

MrChristopher
05-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Also, not a terribly happy song...but I love "Rain When I Die" by Alice In Chains. "Rain" by The Cult makes me happy. I wore out 3 copies of that "Love" album on tape. You old folks remember how it would only fuck up the first and last songs when you played it too much? Yay technology.

PaigeDWinter
05-22-2006, 10:05 PM
There's that new hot jammy-jam "Blade Likes It Raw, On Tuesdays (In The Rain)" by Djoser and the Bowls Of Fuck. Hot shizz. Check it out.

*snrk* I would so strip to that.

MrChristopher
05-22-2006, 11:35 PM
*snrk* I would so strip to that.

So would I, pudding pop...so would I. :D