PDA

View Full Version : Christian Terrorism Attack!!!

Deogol
05-30-2006, 06:08 AM
WALDO, FL -- Detectives say it's an act of local terrorism. An adult bookstore is cleaning up after a chemical attack by a homemade device that investigators are calling a "weapon of mass destruction."

In Waldo, people have held prayer vigils and protests aimed at an adult bookstore along US 301, trying to keep the "Cafe Risque" from opening its doors on time.

Those efforts have all failed, so investigators say it looks like someone has turned to what they're calling a clear act of terrorism to keep the store's owner from opening up shop.

francescadubois
05-30-2006, 07:50 AM
Oh my God. These evangelicals are absolutely insane...

Djoser
05-30-2006, 08:49 AM
I don't know where Waldo, Florida is--but I've been to a couple Cafe Risque locations--it wouldn't take much to put one out of commission, they are generally pretty small. They spend far more on their billboard advertising than they do their clubs, from all appearances.

The device used wasn't what we would ordinarily call a WMD, though it qualified by its use of toxic chemical agents, apparently.

But some of these religious groups are quite serious about shutting down local clubs--just ask the owners of Liquid, a Flagler beach club that was shut down by a church group within months of opening.

The signs saying the club was a threat to "Our Children' seem to have been quite effective...

Mr Hyde
05-30-2006, 08:58 AM
Waldo is about 30 miles NNW of Gainesville, on the way to Jax. It's a notorious speed trap and a total shithole.

Vaughn
05-30-2006, 09:03 AM
I think that over all our country is at much higher risk of acts of terrorism from Christian evangelicals than any other group including those based in other countries.

Djoser
05-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Oh, I've been to that Waldo club, years ago--it's tiny, they use a jukebox, but the dancers were cool. One of my favorite dancers from my club tried it but wasn't crazy about it.

It's a damned shame that certain fringe elements consider anyone involved in the Adult industry, whether as a worker or a patron, is an enemy--just like gays or other unnacceptable groups who might not think of Jesus in quite the same way they do.

Personally, I think if Jesus came back to Earth, he'd immediately dissociate himself from the vast majority of organized religons.

Especially the ones that wouldn't let him in the door if he looked like a hippie, and especially the ones who use his name for hate campaigns.