PDA

View Full Version : I am the son, I am the heir...

francescadubois
06-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Okay, so I'm putting together my own little rock/alternative mix CD and I need some help. Here are some of the songs that I'm putting on it:

1. How soon is now? The Smiths
2. It's no good-Depeche Mode
3. I feel you - Depeche Mode
4. Boulevard of Broken Dreams- Green Day

Any suggestions?

august
06-05-2006, 08:17 PM
The Cult Love removal machine
The Cure Let go to bed
Echo and the Bunnyman Lips like sugar
Gene Love Jezebal Gorgeous
Jet Cold hearted bitch
Are you going to be my girl
Foo Fighters Times like these
Sonic Youth My friend Goo
Dirty Boots

francescadubois
06-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks, August.

MrChristopher
06-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Kudos for not thinking "i am the sun, and the air"...but you're not an idiot. Other than that, my pudding pie, what do you want? I know I only bring 26 cd's to work but I am sure we could figure something out.

DJ Maimed
06-05-2006, 11:03 PM
It might be a little funnier to play "girlfriend in a coma" but great choice anyway!! Let's go with;

Depeche mode - Everything counts (Meat Beat Manifesto Remix)
311 - Amber or Beautiful Disaster
Weezer - Islands in the Sun
Smashing Pumkins - Eye, Ava Adore, Stand Inside Your Love
Love & Rockets - So Alive

Ahhhh Shhhiiite...Irish Woman....Bald Head.. Ah got It!!!
Sinead O'connor - Mandika

I Suppose these are in the realm of what your goin for???

avacheetahs
06-05-2006, 11:36 PM
I dusted off some old Garbage the other night. Try "Vow". Deliciously old school.

MrChristopher
06-06-2006, 12:41 AM
oh no....garbage is considered "old school"? cripes. I'm old. when did that come out...95?

X Evan X
06-06-2006, 05:01 AM
Alice In Chains - Down In A Hole, Rooster, and I Stay Away

Audioslave - Doesn't Remind Me

Coldplay - Clocks

Cult - American Horse, Eddie (Ciao Baby), and Rain

Dave Navarro - Rexall

Enigma - Mea Culpa, and Return To Innocence

Fiona Apple - Criminal

Just sorta going along with the theme you seem to have started...
-E

candygrrl
06-06-2006, 06:01 AM
new order-crystal
joy division- she's lost control

Djoser
06-06-2006, 06:54 AM
oh no....garbage is considered "old school"? cripes. I'm old. when did that come out...95?

Yeah I know how you feel, "American Soviets" isn't cutting edge anymore, did you figure that out yet, lol? Well, fuck it, so what--I still love it...

Francesca, I'm willing to bet that Mr.C can give you whatever you want, even if he only has 26 CDs, lol--and I envy him the pleasure of working with you (no, she's not an idiot, that's for sure!).

And furthermore, it must be said that she deserves a truly literate DJ, as well. That's pretty cool.

I don't want to risk offending him by pretending I could do any better than he could--but if you like Depeche Mode, you might like "Precious", from their recent CD. I won't play it unless the dancer fits the title, but I'm sure you could pull that off...

francescadubois
06-06-2006, 07:07 AM
^^Aw, thanks, DJoser!! Mr. C probably DOES have a good collection, but I won't be heading back there for a few weeks due to understaffing at my day job (which makes me work more hours) and my bitch of a car (which is falling apart on me really fast). So, I'm going through withdrawal from not listening to the bangin' ass music he plays. (You should see it when he plays "I Feel You" for me!)

Djoser
06-06-2006, 07:19 AM
I'm not sure if I should, lol...

I try to retain my professional attitude here as well as work--but sometimes it's tough (not really the right word, but hear me out) to watch a beautiful woman in full effect, truly inspired by a special song that's perfect for her, and unsuited for anyone else there even if there's 50-100 dancers.

The truth of the matter is, it's not like you get all excited up there in the booth, or else we'd be in trouble when announcing the next dancer, haha.

But it really means a lot to see it--it's better than sex, in a way. Sounds corny, and none of my friends believe me, but I'm an artist--and to me it's really and truly erotic art...

It's actually moving, in an emotional sense--and also the reason I stay in the business.