PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Illegal alien Child Molesters, Rapists... deported

Deogol
06-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Yea, some of them will still be in the US on our dime making up that 25% of federal prisoners who are in the country illegally - but the message is being sent out.

Imagine that - cutting the federal prison budget by 25% simply by enforcing the border. Cutbacks and saving money - a strange concept in this country.

Casual Observer
06-14-2006, 07:28 PM
A drop in the bucket. Here's to hoping for a story like this every week.

Vaughn
06-14-2006, 07:39 PM
These people do not represent the vast majority of illegal's who are here in our country. We should take care not to lump these types of people with the undocumented people who just want to earn a decent income and feed their families.

Casual Observer
06-14-2006, 10:52 PM
We should take care not to lump these types of people with the undocumented people who just want to earn a decent income and feed their families.

That mild difference in scale of criminality doesn't make them any less deserving of deportation.

Vaughn
06-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Mild difference? Are you seriously saying there is only a mild difference between an illegal immigrant who is rapist and one who is a hotel maid? Or is it more likely you are just trying to get my goat.

Well. you can't have it. I need it to replace my lawn mower as part of my gas conservation plan :D

DancerWealth
06-14-2006, 11:42 PM
We should take care not to lump these types of people with the undocumented people who just want to earn a decent income and feed their families.

Oh how I love this term, "undocumented worker". Sounds so nice and sweet doesn't it? It's so much nicer than saying "Illegal Alien." I say we all get together, sing Kum Bi Ya and have a group hug!

:grouphug:

Bridgette
06-15-2006, 12:18 AM
An illegal alien is as much a criminal as a rapist. Maybe not the violent abusive kind, but criminal nonetheless. They entered the country illegally, work illegally, don't pay taxes, and basically leech off our economy. With the hugely growing numbers of illegal aliens working ILLEGALLY in this country, on top of the jobs being shipped off to India et all, is it any wonder our economy sucks ass now? Get the fucking illegals out I say.

PhaedrusZ
06-15-2006, 05:21 AM
I'm ready to throw in the towel and accept open borders. I ask very little of the federal government in return. All I ask is the permanent repeal of the 16th Amendment, plus the equivalent from all U.S. state and local governments. Such a deal!

Miss. Kristina Lee
06-15-2006, 07:34 AM
i love it when the migrant workers come into the strip clubs and dont speak english and dont tip. i love it when they try and get grabby when one of them actually does get a dance.

just wait untill theres a draft though, and they will have to start fighting us off at the border! :D

Casual Observer
06-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Mild difference? Are you seriously saying there is only a mild difference between an illegal immigrant who is rapist and one who is a hotel maid? Or is it more likely you are just trying to get my goat.

I have no interest in your goat, unless that's a wry euphemism for your naughty bits, in which case that depends on the bits. ;)

The hotel maid differs from the rapist only in degree of crime(s) committed, not with regard to criminality. The hotel maid and the MS-13 member aren't supposed to be here. As has been pointed out a great many times, the social and economic cost of importing Latin American poverty to the US serves no purpose save to bring our general standard of living lower than it was previously.

Lysondra
06-18-2006, 12:41 AM
In my opinion: I have to work my ass off to stay in Australia legally and I do it because I want it that bad.

They can do it too and should stop complaining.

If you want it so bad, work your ass off.

Paris
06-26-2006, 05:06 PM
I have been considering beating them at their own game. I could live in Mexico like a queen with a full household staff for a fraction of what I'd have to spend here. Since I am a telecommuter, and with modern technology I could work anywhere in the world with an internet connection. $10 an hour in Mexico is a FORTUNE. A person living in the US would have to earn well over $100,000.00 to live the lifestyle of a $10 an hour worker in Mexico.

Heck, I might even start a farm growing corn to sell back to the ethanol factories here in the US at a fraction of what the US farmers have to pay to grow the same product. (jking, I'm no farmer!)

Anyhow, interesting thread. The only real answer is probably assimilation, but that means invation and regime change first. We just don't have the man power with the middle east conflicts going on. Fox's government is about as crooked as they come (on par with the africian war lords), and I can hardly blame the people in mexico trying to escape certain death and starvation by risking the desert crossing or the coyotes.

In the mean time, a big fence might be helpful. No new laws are needed, we already have laws against illegal immigrants. Those laws simply need to be enforced. Did I mention a big fence would help??

lunchbox
06-29-2006, 07:06 AM
In my opinion: I have to work my ass off to stay in Australia legally and I do it because I want it that bad.

Just an FYI, Australia and the US do not have the same laws.

They do not have an option that will let them live and work here legally while trying to become resident aliens/citizen/ whatever. The majority must come here to work, if they don't, they cannot make enough to pay for a lawyer.

funtasticFerra
06-29-2006, 10:03 AM
haha I LOVE you PARIS! what you said is absolutely brilliant...and could definetly be done...the whole living over there and farming corn to sell back to america...it's truely brilliant...but then...you wouldn't be as "free" as we are here in america...technically. (I really do wonder how that differs)

Paris
06-29-2006, 12:20 PM
That's it! I'm running out to go get my matricula card right now! (there is no varification of ID to get this card, and you can use it to get an americian drivers license or ID). All you have to do is SAY you were born in mexico and WA-LA, you have your own valid ID for use in the US or Mexico!

It is also a good way to create a fake ID in the US by US citizens. This radio talk show host went and got one just to prove how easy it is...
http://www.larslarson.com/LinksNStuff/LarsSpoofs/111614.aspx

lunchbox
06-29-2006, 12:56 PM
All you have to do is SAY you were born in mexico and WA-LA, you have your own valid ID for use in the US or Mexico!

It is also a good way to create a fake ID in the US by US citizens. This radio talk show host went and got one just to prove how easy it is...
http://www.larslarson.com/LinksNStuff/LarsSpoofs/111614.aspx
Those cards list the place of birth as cities in Oregon, no?

Deogol
06-29-2006, 04:52 PM
haha I LOVE you PARIS! what you said is absolutely brilliant...and could definetly be done...the whole living over there and farming corn to sell back to america...it's truely brilliant...but then...you wouldn't be as "free" as we are here in america...technically. (I really do wonder how that differs)

Well, the first freedom is that she won't be allowed to buy a house in certain quarters of the country.

Paris
06-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Well, the first freedom is that she won't be allowed to buy a house in certain quarters of the country.

Yeah, like the USA doesn't do that? BLM is a perfect example of the USA preventing anyone (even their own citizens) from owning HUGE tracts of land. I can't remember the exact number but something like 87% of the land in my state (Oregon) is owned by the US government.

So I would be restricted to buying real estate only in certain areas. I could live with that (and do). After seeing this website (http://www.mexonline.com/propmex.htm)
It doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Not that I have any plans today to do any of that. I just like entertaining the thought.

smartcookie
07-02-2006, 09:24 PM
I frequently hear this "30% of the prison population are illegals". But no one is citing the source of their statistics. These are the BOP's current figures.

Where is the primary data for state prisons?

Thirty years ago or even twenty years ago people were saying much the same things about black people. Let me ask all of you a question. Why is it that all the bus boys and nearly all the kitchen staff of every restaurant here in New York (for example) are Latino? Is it because they're better cooks or faster at clearing dirty dishes? No. It's because they get the job done as cheaply as possible. Disabuse yourselves of the notion that there are tons of legal folks lining up for minimum wage-or-less jobs cleaning toilet bowels or picking fruit in 110 degree weather.

Cheap labor is about supply and demand. They've got supply. We've got the demand. If you're looking for someone to punish then punish those who hire them in the first place. But most of the virulently anti-immigrant here oppose the concept of a living wage as well.

I'm surprised to read this kind of atavistic knee-jerk drivel on SW of all places. If all illegal immigrants as lazy criminals milking our welfare state then I guess strippers are stupid and drug-addicted women with loose sexual morals. Ooops - did I just say that out loud?

MishaBliss
07-03-2006, 12:24 AM

If you're staying and working in Australia legally, why is it that you had to return to the US on a visa (waiver) run?

Lysondra
07-03-2006, 12:26 AM
^ Because my visa expired when my boss refused to sponsor me for the visa to work for him. He had me working for him in an agreement he'd sponsor me and didn't tell me he wouldn't til the DAY AFTER my visa expired. So I had to go back to America to get a new Visa because he failed me. :/

MishaBliss
07-03-2006, 12:28 AM
So that would mean your working in Australia illegally, no?

Lysondra
07-03-2006, 12:34 AM
I was under the impression he was sponsoring me. I went to get a working holiday visa when I found out but it was too late. So I have one now.

exotisch23
07-03-2006, 04:25 AM
I have been considering beating them at their own game. I could live in Mexico like a queen with a full household staff for a fraction of what I'd have to spend here. Since I am a telecommuter, and with modern technology I could work anywhere in the world with an internet connection. $10 an hour in Mexico is a FORTUNE. A person living in the US would have to earn well over $100,000.00 to live the lifestyle of a $10 an hour worker in Mexico.

Heck, I might even start a farm growing corn to sell back to the ethanol factories here in the US at a fraction of what the US farmers have to pay to grow the same product. (jking, I'm no farmer!)

Anyhow, interesting thread. The only real answer is probably assimilation, but that means invation and regime change first. We just don't have the man power with the middle east conflicts going on. Fox's government is about as crooked as they come (on par with the africian war lords), and I can hardly blame the people in mexico trying to escape certain death and starvation by risking the desert crossing or the coyotes.

In the mean time, a big fence might be helpful. No new laws are needed, we already have laws against illegal immigrants. Those laws simply need to be enforced. Did I mention a big fence would help??

http://www.weneedafence.com/ ;)

Guenevere
07-03-2006, 05:49 AM
http://www.weneedafence.com/ ;)

Is there any info on their site about the progress that they've made trying to get a fence built?

Deogol
07-03-2006, 06:01 AM
I frequently hear this "30% of the prison population are illegals". But no one is citing the source of their statistics. These are the BOP's current figures.

Where is the primary data for state prisons?

Thirty years ago or even twenty years ago people were saying much the same things about black people. Let me ask all of you a question. Why is it that all the bus boys and nearly all the kitchen staff of every restaurant here in New York (for example) are Latino? Is it because they're better cooks or faster at clearing dirty dishes? No. It's because they get the job done as cheaply as possible. Disabuse yourselves of the notion that there are tons of legal folks lining up for minimum wage-or-less jobs cleaning toilet bowels or picking fruit in 110 degree weather.

Cheap labor is about supply and demand. They've got supply. We've got the demand. If you're looking for someone to punish then punish those who hire them in the first place. But most of the virulently anti-immigrant here oppose the concept of a living wage as well.

I'm surprised to read this kind of atavistic knee-jerk drivel on SW of all places. If all illegal immigrants as lazy criminals milking our welfare state then I guess strippers are stupid and drug-addicted women with loose sexual morals. Ooops - did I just say that out loud?

I am not sure what blacks have to do with this - other than the jobs they use to take are now taken by non-citizens.

If you ask truck drivers, house builders, light assembly, meat processing, and just about any other low skill job - the citizens who use to have those jobs can tell you they are not "just picking berries."

PhaedrusZ
07-03-2006, 07:16 AM
I am not sure what blacks have to do with this - other than the jobs they use to take are now taken by non-citizens.

If you ask truck drivers, house builders, light assembly, meat processing, and just about any other low skill job - the citizens who use to have those jobs can tell you they are not "just picking berries."
This is an interesting CNN story from last year. It indicates why Homeland Security is more or less a joke, and describes one of the more interesting gigs a few non-citizens found

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0504/15/ldt.01.html (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0504/15/ldt.01.html)

The following is a brief excerpt from this transcript,

"...the Homeland Security Department says dozens of illegal aliens had access to one of our nation's most sensitive and secure military facilities. The department says 86 illegal aliens worked for a California contractor, a contractor that repairs U.S. Navy ships at the naval station in San Diego..."

Granted, 86 is a relatively small number. But it is of interest to note where they were working!

MishaBliss
07-03-2006, 08:09 AM
I was under the impression he was sponsoring me. I went to get a working holiday visa when I found out but it was too late. So I have one now.

How did you get a working holiday visa as an American? Do you also hold a commonwealth passport?

smartcookie
07-03-2006, 09:04 AM

The point is the hysteria over immigration is just an atavistic scapegoating mechanism that conveniently deflects attention away from real issues.

Should legal "truck drivers, house builders, light assembly, meat processing, and just about any other low skill job" be willing to accept lower pay in order to be more competitive with the illegal immigrant population? If not then do you suggest raising minimum wage to a living wage and penalizing employers who make use of illegal lower-wage labor? Yes or no? Because artificial price floors and extensive state and federal involvement in employment affairs doesn't sound very Libertarian to me.

According to this U.S. Dept. of Justice report from June 2005, there are 91,117 noncitizens in the custody of of State or Federal correctional authorities, or "6.4% of State and Federal Inmates at midyear 2005 were not U.S. citizens".

How did the percentage go from 6.4 (confirmed) to 30 (still don't have a source for that) in a year?

lunchbox
07-03-2006, 11:27 AM
How did the percentage go from 6.4 (confirmed) to 30 (still don't have a source for that) in a year?
[/font]
http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showpost.php?p=722425&postcount=86

Deogol
07-03-2006, 01:20 PM
The point is the hysteria over immigration is just an atavistic scapegoating mechanism that conveniently deflects attention away from real issues.

Those would be?

Should legal "truck drivers, house builders, light assembly, meat processing, and just about any other low skill job" be willing to accept lower pay in order to be more competitive with the illegal immigrant population? If not then do you suggest raising minimum wage to a living wage and penalizing employers who make use of illegal lower-wage labor? Yes or no? Because artificial price floors and extensive state and federal involvement in employment affairs doesn't sound very Libertarian to me.

Minimum wage means nothing to those who are taking in illegal workers to begin with - so that makes it nearly a non-issue in this thread as I can tell.

Letting the government muddle with the naturally available supply and demand of skills and workers by letting in H1-B/L-1 visa holders and not enforcing border control sounds like meddling to me.

What makes you think I am a libertarian? If the libertarians had their way we would be paying tolls on all the roads from home to the strip club. Such a society wouldn't last long - for that instance - when the poor feel trapped and starving.

According to this U.S. Dept. of Justice report from June 2005, there are 91,117 noncitizens in the custody of of State or Federal correctional authorities, or "6.4% of State and Federal Inmates at midyear 2005 were not U.S. citizens".

The source is for federal prisons - not state + federal. Most crimes are state oriented - so most citizens go to prison in state prisons.

Federal prisons have a different make up of prisoners usually associated with international trouble making.

smartcookie
07-03-2006, 02:25 PM
The source is for federal prisons - not state + federal. Most crimes are state oriented - so most citizens go to prison in state prisons.

Federal prisons have a different make up of prisoners usually associated with international trouble making.

No, it actually does specify both state and federal. Have another look.

Deogol, it seems you're relying on statistics to support the crux of your argument, but your numbers are off. You said (in the post that lunchbox linked to):

There is plenty of evidence like 30% of felons imprisoned in federal prisons are illegals

The Federal Bureau of Prisons current reports that 27.2% of Federal inmates are noncitizens. It does not specify how many of that 27.2% entered or were present in this country illegally when they were incarcerated. Immigration offenses account for 10.8% of the incarceration, according to latest statistics. Here is the current snapshot from the Federal Bureau of Prisons:

The same report puts the number of federal prisoners at 189,984; there are an estimated two million prisoners in state prisons or local jails at present. Again, please refer to page 5 of the 2005 Bureau of Justice Statistics Bulletin:

Note that certain states, like New York and Colorado, report "foreign-born" inmates rather than "non-citizen" inmates which inflates the percentage somewhat.

I gotta go grab some lunch and will write more later. In the meantime, now that I've provided primary sources for statistics, and noted that the language only designates noncitizens and not illegal immigrants, can you please provide the source(s) of your data? Thanks.

lunchbox
07-03-2006, 03:31 PM
I believe it very clearly states that 6.4% of all STATE and FEDERAL are 'non-citizens' and "it has remained nearly stable" since 1999. It goes on to say ~19% of Federal inmates were non-citizens.

Page 5, far right column.

smartcookie
07-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Still waiting for a response...

Deogol
07-04-2006, 06:28 PM
The percentage of all federal prisoners who are criminal aliens has remained the same over the
last 3 years—about 27 percent.

(Page 2)

P.S. - Surprise! I have a life and don't live on here. Sometimes you might wait a long time.

lunchbox
07-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Just to make sure it's clear:

When the United States incarcerates criminal aliens—noncitizens convicted of crimes while in this country legally or illegally

I presume the number discrepancy is the USDOJ says it is not reporting people being supervised outside of a jail facility.

Paris
07-05-2006, 02:29 PM

Is it just me or is anyone else offended by this statement? Didn't Vicente Fox say something about "jobs even black's won't do" as if we decide careers based on the color of one's skin?

And since when are the trades considered a "low skilled job" on par with berry picking or burger flipping? Have you ever actually tried to back an 18 wheeler? Or have you ever installed drywall seamlessly? Certainly those jobs take talent and skill. I'd like to see a college professor assemble beautiful cabinets on his first try. And being a butcher is not so easy as chopping up meat. Sheesh.

I know that illegal immigrants are taking these jobs, but they actually are skilled labor type of jobs. I don't hear y'all complaing about the fact that hamburger is not $15 a pound (what we would likely have to be paying if all butchers earned $20 an hour or more).

The other problem is that Americans are not being trained to work in the trades. Ask any high school student what he/she would like to do for a living. The trades are way low on the list of preferred careers. Someone has to be the auto mechaincs, the home framers, the butchers, the truck drivers, the landscapers. Someone has to be willing to work in the factories producing paper and other durable goods like fiber optics and silicone ingots.

We are now expierenceing a problem finding educated and trained Americans to be fire fighters and loggers. Nursing has an unprecidented shortage and is frequently being filled by foreign nurses from the Phillippeans, who are also willing to work for considerably less than american born nurses, and they are better educated.

So what is really goin on here? Progress I suppose is the correct term. I've got construction customers stacked 5 months deep, and more calling all the time. I can charge $90+ and hour for labor because there is simply NO ONE ELSE available.

These are basic services, and are not unskilled jobs. It is just that American's don't like to think of themselves as "lowly" trades people. They are blinded by glamour and prestige careers. How many "editorialists" pay their bills by tending bar? I'd be willing to bet an awful lot. In America it is "cool" to be a graphic artist or a tax accountant or a software developer. It is not "cool" to be a truck driver or a bricklayer or an auto body repairman.

The imigration issues were are arguing today have been going on since we have been a country. The civil war was over similar issues, the irish imigrants were persecuted as well as the chinese. All because the presence of these imigrants (in the case of slaves, this was not unlike the coyotes of today) who were willing to work harder than the population already in place for wages much lower than the average american would value him/herself.

Deogol
07-05-2006, 04:59 PM
^^^

Well, offended or not - it's a fact a lot of jobs blacks use to hold are now held by illegal immigrants. ( )

I should have put an OR where the AND is in "If you ask truck drivers, house builders, light assembly, meat processing, and just about any other low skill job ... " I screwed up there in furious typing.

What I was trying to say was that well paying jobs are now going to illegals and because of that the wages were being depressed. You are lucky for the "90+" an hour cuz my friends in the construction biz are saying they are being fucked in the biz by illegals.

I do agree that good honest jobs are frowned upon in this culture.

Paris
07-05-2006, 05:53 PM
^^I don't delude myself that the winds of change are coming. In a way the buracracy of Oregon is helpful in keeping labor charges high and illegals off the job site through an expensive licensing process, lots of regulation, frequent checks by the labor board etc. Contractors here a little gun shy about hiring illegals.

However, more and more imigrants are bringing on family members that are NOT here legally. The legal family member get's him/herself licensed, using the labor from the family invisably (on the books anyway). Now that some illegals have discoved the loophole, it is only a matter of time until proliferation into the construction trades.

On the other hand the very problem that is supressing wages is also supressing inflation. With a few exceptions (health care, energy, education) the real cost of most products are much cheaper now than in most of American history. Most American's only use 3-4% of their total income for food. As recently as the 1970's that figure was more like 20-25%.

At least we are doing a better job of keeping the economy healthier than France is doing. They are faced with very similar problems, but the solutions they have come up with has caused a crazy unemployment problem. With the US our unemployment is in the neighborhood of 5%. In France it is about 20%, and they have huge illegal imigration problem as well.

I still say that a big fence would help a great deal!

lunchbox
07-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Well, offended or not - it's a fact a lot of jobs blacks use to hold are now held by illegal immigrants. ( http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0525/p01s03-ussc.html )
I was mildly surprised by it, but didn't want to play the 'you racist' card. I'm curious, are you a regular reader of the Christian Science Monitor? What should we have done with black people when they were taking jobs whites used to do, and *gasp* demanding pay.

TifaRae
07-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Did I mention a big fence would help??

We need a Great Wall of the U.S.A!

MishaBliss
07-21-2006, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilithmorrigan

How did you get a 'stripper friendly' working holiday visa as an American? Do you also hold a commonwealth passport?

Lysondra
07-21-2006, 05:24 AM
Don't. I didn't get the visa after all. I'm not working anymore. My boyfriend and his family are supporting me until I can get de-facto partnership and work. Not until December. I feel like such a waste. I'm donating my time to koala sanctuaries instead.