PDA

View Full Version : WTF! do i look like David f#cking Blaine?

mr_punk
06-23-2006, 10:48 AM
now, i've seen some cheesy, lame and creepy stuff that PLs pull to get the attention of a stripper. however, this one is just plain bizzare (http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sex.strip-clubs/browse_thread/thread/31890a773d376cec/6615e0722375bda7?q=group%3Aalt.sex.strip-clubs+insubject%3AASSC&hl=en&).

kdogg247
06-23-2006, 11:03 AM
Just damn.

Cally
06-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Ugh if he came into my club he would be killed by each and every dancer...

red red red
06-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Sounds like the Mystery Method... laaaaame.

Jenny
06-23-2006, 12:55 PM
You could. I don't even know what David Blaine looks like.

I don't know that they are PLs in the sense that we would normally use the phrase - although they are pathetic and they are losers. I'm actually constantly telling guys that nailing a stripper is not really an accomplishment. Just go out and meet girls, for crying out loud.

Susan Wayward
06-23-2006, 04:30 PM
wow, assc still exists!

doc-catfish
06-23-2006, 05:15 PM
from the link:
However, that still doesn't take away from the basic thesis of my
position: if you can't afford a pitcher of beer and $9 each hour, don't
go to a strip club.

$9 an hour tipping the rail? Damn. Where is this club? I feel generous all of a sudden.

Susan Wayward
06-23-2006, 05:23 PM
^^^ it's the club where they play songs that last 7 minutes each (or where you only tip each dancer a buck total, or you tip two to every other dancer, or hey, $9 to one for all I know).

I'm actually more curious about the pitchers because I don't think I've ever danced in a club that served them.

evan_essence
06-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Sounds like the Mystery Method... laaaaame.That's EXACTLY what it is, even though the post's author doesn't say so. I've been hanging out in the Mystery forum enough out of curiousity to spot some of the methodology and terminology. Turning one's back to the stage, showing disinterest, some clever opener like the magic trick. All straight from the MM playbook. The goal is for the guy to pick up the girl, just as if she were a customer at a regular bar, not to be a SC customer.

http://www.mysterymethod.com/Article.aspx?aid=6

The routine begins with an opening parry directed at a group of women, or, just as often, women and men, to gain an “in.” Mystery likes to flash his black nails and admit that he gets mistaken for a devil worshiper. Once he has their attention, the PUA “demonstrates a higher value” to the group surrounding his target—either by doing a magic trick or playing one of the memory games Mystery teaches the class. Then he turns to his potential conquest and drops a “neg,” a negative comment or veiled insult. “What have you got going for you besides your looks?” he might ask. Or simply, “I don't think I like you.” The idea is that beautiful women—HBs (hot babes)—are used to every man they meet flattering them and buying them drinks to get them into bed. What they never experience is a man ignoring them, dismissing them, criticizing them—at least not until later. (Lack of interest also disarms the HB's friends, who are used to running interference.) Mystery claims that this tactic works because it forces a woman to pitch herself as a conquest instead of just deflecting the pick-me moves men have used since the dawn of courtship.
-Ev

Yekhefah
06-23-2006, 09:46 PM
^^^ How asinine. Whether I'm at work or not, if some wanker pulled out lines like "What have you got going for you besides your looks" or "I don't think I like you," that would be the end of it. If I was working, I'd take it as a clear sign that he just wants to waste my time or he isn't interested; if I was just out on my own, I'd just think, "What a jackass." Is there really a woman out there whose self-esteem is so fragile that she'd stick around to win this dipshit's approval?

mr_punk
06-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Ugh if he came into my club he would be killed by each and every dancer...well, there's always that one or two it might work on.

wow, assc still exists!alt groups never die. the avalanche of spam keeps them alive.

Is there really a woman out there whose self-esteem is so fragile that she'd stick around to win this dipshit's approval?yes, and you can meet them anywhere, even in a sc. i don't know what it has to do with self-esteem, but what's that phrase CO often says about women and sex objects?

evan_essence
06-24-2006, 01:10 AM
The answers to your doubts (or so they say):

1) This method works on HBs (hot babes) with HIGH self-esteem, not girls with low self-esteem.

2) It doesn't matter what you think you know, the bottom line is this method works. Sure, a girl will tell you what she thinks will work on her and what won't, but in the actual field, testing proves this method will consistently get you into a girl's pants if you become skilled enough. She can't help but fall for it because practitioners will be giving her exactly what evolution has engrained in her to want. She can't stop it even if she knows logically that such a method exists. A skilled practitioner won't appear to be practitioning.

3) The other common rebuttal: Have you tried it? Hang out with me and I'll prove it to you. You'll see how many strippers hang out with me and how many I can # close (number close, aka get her phone number) without paying any money.

My analysis: If a shy, needy guy takes this method with a grain of salt, and an ability to pull out the good and discard the bad, I can understand how he might benefit from the attempts to boost his self-esteem and to boost the number of social interactions he attempts. Like any good motivational system or (stripper) sales pitch, this method seems to me to be part truth, part plausible myth and part BS. In other words, there's a bit of substance to it, but I suspect it's mostly hocus and pocus.

-Ev

mr_punk
06-24-2006, 06:15 AM
My analysis: If a shy, needy guy takes this method with a grain of salt, and an ability to pull out the good and discard the bad, I can understand how he might benefit from the attempts to boost his self-esteem and to boost the number of social interactions he attempts.sure, a "neg" would probably seem to be counterintuitive to what the shy, needy guy has been taught. if he can get past that aversion. i'm sure it would build his confidence.

Like any good motivational system or (stripper) sales pitch, this method seems to me to be part truth, part plausible myth and part BS. In other words, there's a bit of substance to it, but I suspect it's mostly hocus and pocus.i think it mainly works as a self-confidence building tool. the "mystery method" provides a framework with the objective of building confidence. so, if you're going to scam on women. it's like any other con job. you have to have confidence in your game in order to gain the confidence of the other person.

missalovelady
06-24-2006, 03:46 PM
What a tard.I dont know what I'd do if a guy tried to take my dollar to do a magic trick though.I would probably just be like ,ok-have it-whatever and just walk off.
This guy is setting himself up for dissappointments if he thinks his and friend's ideas will work.

doc-catfish
06-24-2006, 05:35 PM
I agree that in some instances that this gimmick might work, although I think the gullibility of the mark plays a significant role in the outcome.

Of course, if anyone has spent significant time in a SC, they might conclude that its beyond neccesary going to all this trouble. All the fancy magic tricks in the world aren't going to amount to bupkus when the guy at the next table has some good blow on him that he's willing to share.

:cutie::nosy::flirt:
SNORT!

missalovelady
06-24-2006, 06:21 PM
How many dancers are into magic tricks while they are trying to work and make money?It seems like all the girls would just think its stupid.But I can say the astrology and ESP conversations could possibly give them a better chance than the magic tricks.But like you said maybe ,just maybe a girl might like the magic tricks,but come on now.

Lyssa Lynn
06-24-2006, 06:54 PM
This is moronic!! True, I can't speak for other women out there, but for me, I'd laugh in his face. After laughing at his request for a dollar bill, I'd direct him to the nearest ATM. But of course his visit isn't about having a good time while taking care of us hard working ladies. No, it's all about landing a stripper...pathetic! Guy needs to get a life!

mr_punk
06-25-2006, 09:54 AM
I agree that in some instances that this gimmick might work, although I think the gullibility of the mark plays a significant role in the outcome.i don't think it's so much a case of gullibility. i think it more of a case of people doing things they wouldn't normally do when someone gains their confidence.

Of course, if anyone has spent significant time in a SC, they might conclude that its beyond neccesary going to all this trouble.among other things, it's an incredible waste of energy and effort. it's akin to going into a whorehouse to see if you can talk a yourself into a free piece of ass vs simply paying for it. then again, i'm very lazy in the sc.

All the fancy magic tricks in the world aren't going to amount to bupkus when the guy at the next table has some good blow on him that he's willing to share.or a copy of his band's demo tape.

kdogg247
06-25-2006, 02:12 PM
My analysis: If a shy, needy guy takes this method with a grain of salt, and an ability to pull out the good and discard the bad, I can understand how he might benefit from the attempts to boost his self-esteem and to boost the number of social interactions he attempts. Like any good motivational system or (stripper) sales pitch, this method seems to me to be part truth, part plausible myth and part BS. In other words, there's a bit of substance to it, but I suspect it's mostly hocus and pocus.

-Ev

Hey Ev - Do you wanna see me pull a rabbit out of my hat?

evan_essence
06-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Hey Ev - Do you wanna see me pull a rabbit out of my hat?Lemme guess. For your next trick, your tophat will be resting on your lap and I should reach in and stroke the bunny's ear. Hey, there's only one ear in there!

-Ev

evan_essence
06-25-2006, 10:40 PM
women have been scammed on by men (and vice versa for that matter) for quite some time.At the prices they're charging for a seminar, this may qualify as men scamming on men.

-Ev

NoCoverLover
06-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Arrgh... this Mystery Method shit keeps coming up!

I'd say the magic trick thing works so well that in 21 years of SC'ing, I've *never* seen anyone field test it! Hmmm... I wonder why? ::)

Jenny
06-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Well, they've been promoting their site here; and you know us. We're so easily riled. It makes us facinated. Although not in a way that is likely to lead to sexual activity.

Although, me I think that if these guys are charming enough to make their method work (without seeming like they are working, no less) chances are good that they don't need a method to begin with.

Chili Palmer
06-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Just rent "The Tao of Steve." Save yourself a lot of time and money, not to mention you make the magic tricks superfluous. I remember a bunch of dancers complaining to me about other PLs using lines from this movie on them, thinking it would work. It did. For me.

CP

evan_essence
06-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Just rent "The Tao of Steve."LOL. Okay, you originally posted twice. In the earlier of your posts, it worked for you. In the latter, perhaps not. Which is it?

-Ev

(Honestly, I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at how I could just as easily make the same type of posting mistake.)

mr_punk
06-28-2006, 04:39 AM
At the prices they're charging for a seminar, this may qualify as men scamming on men.sure. which shows you that anyone can be taken to the cleaners.

Although, me I think that if these guys are charming enough to make their method work (without seeming like they are working, no less) chances are good that they don't need a method to begin with.i bet the people who are selling the seminar can be charming enough.

Kyle1111
08-04-2006, 06:06 AM
I used the "I don't think I like you" line like 1 time many many years ago. It seemed to work too well and I'm thinking why would she care if I liked her or not.

What happened very briefly was that I saw this exceptionally perfect dancer. The best I'd seen in 3 or 4 years so I take off to ask her for some dances I was so eager. Upon reaching her she was one unhappy dancer. My rush to get to her just freaked her out. She went to the bouncer, and then management, and was basically told to get her ass to work and do whatever I wanted (that's what she later related to me). I didn't let her first rejection slow me down and I approached her again. This time she stood her ground, but was very cold. I asked her what the problem was and she replied that I completely ignored at least 9 other beautiful girls without even giving them a glance. That made her extremely nervous and she thought I was big trouble just waiting to happen. She then starts yapping that you can't find love in a strip club, blah, blah, blah. I interrupt her--LOVE? I LOVE YOUR FACE AND BODY and I just want to buy some dances from you and as far as YOU are concerned I probably wouldn't even like you. You have NO interest to me except me buying dances from you and that is it. Wow, what a change in attitude. She actually wanted to know (and seemed concerned) why I probably wouldn't even like her. I explained that when a women is too stunning it can really twist her personality into a person that isn't very nice and that there are exceptions to that general rule, but ime women that are less stunning have much sweeter personalties. Anyway, we started having a conversation and my day went from miserable to a very happy memory. :)

I think the real thing is don't be a wimp and talk with the dancer (btw, I'm usually fairly wimpy err shy). If she shoots you down move on to the next dancer. What one dancer thinks is totally creepy another might see as adorable. It is just like how some customers really prefer fat women. Bottom line is you need to at least try. :)