PDA

View Full Version : Bargain hunters...help

TigersMilk
09-02-2006, 11:49 PM
So my birthday night I lost my moms digital camera. I looked everywhere and its gone. It was a canon powershot SD600 thing.

If you guys can recommend some reputable websites for me to buy it from I would be so thankful. Im hoping to get it back to her this week. Im in a crunch!!!:banghead:

Richard_Head
09-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Have you tried ebay?

wakko0129
09-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm seeing prices between $290 and $350

Katrine
09-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Don't buy off of Ebay, there are too many lemons out there. By it from a reputable shop where you can return it if there is a problem....

Bridgette
09-04-2006, 03:59 AM
I dunno, I've bought lots of stuff on ebay with good experience. If you read the full descriptions and pay attention to detail, and check the seller's feedback, you can be pretty sure of getting what you pay for.

For a high ticket item I would make sure to buy from someone with not only a high feedback percentage score (like 98%+), but at least 100 SELLING feedback responses. Alot of times they'll have alot of feedbacks from stuff they've bought, but I'm looking for feedback on stuff they've SOLD. And, skim through the responses. If they have several neutrals, they might be sketchy - many people on ebay won't leave a negative for fear of getting one in retaliation, so you have to read between the lines on the neutrals. If many of their comments seem a little less than stellar or 'off', I would avoid them.

But if you do your research, you should be fine. I bought a digital camera about 3 years ago that has been a very good deal and I still use it. I've also bought clothes, shoes, a nice watch, a gameboy, electronic toys, etc.

Use a reputable seller and request that they ship with insurance and SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION. It will cost you a couple extra bucks but it is worth it to ensure your package arrives safely.

Cheif_Bigfoot
09-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Not sure if you are still looking but I've purchased two cameras from this beachcamera.com. Got everything in a timely manner and had no problems. Here is the link directly to the SD600, (253.99 +shipping if you need it fast, free ground though) http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=CNPSSD600.

rusdancer
09-04-2006, 11:59 PM
God,I'm definitely a bargain hunter.Try to look on overstock.com.They have great discounts,and sometimes free shipping.I bought a few items from them including a digital camera,which turned out to be very nice.
Good luck.