PDA

View Full Version : Overlooked band Lacuna Coil

Nightwalk
11-21-2006, 06:14 PM
So is it just me or does it seam like a lot of Lacuna Coil`s songs would be good for the SC? I sure would like to hear some of it there. I hear everything from DMX, Cassie, Gabriel & Dres , Dj Sammy, Korn, Metalica, Hell even Big & Rich (Yep the country band). No Lacuna Coil :( Maybe its just me but seams like they have a lot of good stuff that would be sweet to hear in a SC.

TigersMilk
11-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Been there. I love them. Not sure on which ones to play though that still sound good at 102 decibels.

blondi553
11-21-2006, 07:14 PM
i love lacuna coil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! play whatever u want....u have to make it look good lol!

Djoser
11-21-2006, 08:36 PM
A lot of their songs are great for stripping, yes...

BrunetteGoddess
11-21-2006, 10:11 PM
LC is awesome. I heard them first off of my Headbanger's Ball CD.

Gynger
11-21-2006, 10:45 PM
When I danced I danced to a lot of Lacuna Coil... awesome stuff!

Guenevere
11-23-2006, 04:15 AM
I wouldn't have thought of them as being overlooked, I think Lacuna Coil is fantastic in the club!

confrontingmydemons
03-27-2007, 05:11 PM
I can definitely see Lacuna Coil as being kickass to dance to!

Big Rich
03-28-2007, 08:31 PM
I play "Swamped" from the earlier album more than any other.

Personally, I like most of their songs from their newest album Karma, I just don't have too many girls that are familiar with them to dance to any of it.

~Big Rich

confrontingmydemons
03-28-2007, 10:23 PM
They have a new track out, called Virtual Environment, and it's beyond awesome! *drools*

Blade
03-28-2007, 11:10 PM
So is it just me or does it seam like a lot of Lacuna Coil`s songs would be good for the SC? I sure would like to hear some of it there. I hear everything from DMX, Cassie, Gabriel & Dres , Dj Sammy, Korn, Metalica, Hell even Big & Rich (Yep the country band). No Lacuna Coil :( Maybe its just me but seams like they have a lot of good stuff that would be sweet to hear in a SC.I have been pushing LC for as long as I have been here, they ROCK and deserve more play! my wife Deanna used to dance to them quite often, so when we go see LC in concert I can't help but get a sly grin on my face and a warm feeling in my pants, lol

Mastridonicus
03-29-2007, 03:49 AM
I really enjoy Lacuna Coil.

Odd though, I got tired of them via the strip club. Interesting!

Djoser
03-29-2007, 09:32 AM
I really enjoy Lacuna Coil.

Odd though, I got tired of them via the strip club. Interesting!

Oh yeah, I'm not surprised at all to hear that, lol!

Lots of reasons for it--the obvious being repetition. If every time you go to the particular club you hear the song, it can get old. If you stay more than an hour or so and you hear it twice it gets old a lot faster, and also means the DJ either has very limited imagination, or he is giving in to the dancers too easily (some would gladly dance to the same two songs, every single time they go up). I won't play the same song more than twice a night, and then it has to be a really good one, and it has to be a good 6 hours apart. Even that is overkill, really, in most cases.

Seeing the same dancer perform to the same song can add to the 'stagnation effect' too, especially if she isn't that great a dancer. The better the dancer, the less the effect--which isn't really all that surprising. I know you have to have seen some superb performances by now, in all your travels. Some women can make insipid, boring, overplayed, repetitive songs work.

Unfortunately the converse it true as well.

Some of my favorite songs (not necessarily Lacuna Coil, but whatever) I will not play unless the dancer absolutely merits it. Doesn't matter whether another dancer is begging for it, and I know I'll get a bigger tip--if it's not right, I won't do it.

Also some songs or bands just wear repetition a lot more easily than others.