PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on here an online gamer?

SlyGrin
12-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Just curious. And I don't mean gambling.

If so what games?

lunchbox
12-22-2006, 11:08 AM
I've played: UO, EQ, SWG, DAoC, EQ2, L2, Neocron, Entropia, and WoW.

I don't think I missed any.

SlyGrin
12-22-2006, 11:11 AM
Just curious, I played a bunch of BF1942 and BF2 with my college buddies. Trying to find some people that still play on occasion. Im used to playing FPS games mostly. I tried some MMRPGs but they really eat your life up. I lost a friend to EQ... never to be seen again. haha.

GenWar
12-25-2006, 08:20 PM
All I do is work, play Wow, and go to strip clubs. And Sandy thought (s)he had a banal existance. So, yeah, SG...go to Uptown Cabaret in Charlotte and forget about online gaming, especially MMORPGs. You'll be happier for it.

-gen

P.S. how do you pronoun Sandy anyway?

xdamage
12-25-2006, 08:25 PM
MMORPG are like crack :grrrr:

SlyGrin
12-25-2006, 09:13 PM
All I do is work, play Wow, and go to strip clubs. And Sandy thought (s)he had a banal existance. So, yeah, SG...go to Uptown Cabaret in Charlotte and forget about online gaming, especially MMORPGs. You'll be happier for it.

-gen

P.S. how do you pronoun Sandy anyway?

Gen,
Haha So are you saying I'm lucky I didnt get hooked on WoW? I might have to drop by that spot...have yet to make it to Charlotte.

mr_punk
12-27-2006, 07:12 AM
some guy in a thread mentioned that he made 3k on ebay by playing warcraft. online gambling..sure..but how do you make money playing a videogame?

SlyGrin
12-27-2006, 07:58 AM
some guy in a thread mentioned that he made 3k on ebay by playing warcraft. online gambling..sure..but how do you make money playing a videogame?

You can sell your account to people via online auction sites or bulletin boards. I haven't personally but I've heard about several people doing it... I began hearing it with that game Diablo. Then EQ and now WoW. If it takes years to get you to a spot with your online character there are people out there willing to buy it off you. Crazy huh?

GenWar
12-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Bah! I have spent lots of money on WoW related stuff, not counting the $16.23 I spend monthly for the honor of playing. *shrug* Is it any more pointless, crazy or nonsensical than giving hundreds of dollars to strippers to pretend to like me? Doesn't feel like it...

-gen

SlyGrin
12-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Bah! I have spent lots of money on WoW related stuff, not counting the $16.23 I spend monthly for the honor of playing. *shrug* Is it any more pointless, crazy or nonsensical than giving hundreds of dollars to strippers to pretend to like me? Doesn't feel like it...

-gen

haha well I say if you keep it in perspective like that you are ok. Balance your titties and gaming and everyone is happy... if only it was that easy...

FBR
12-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Ive never played WoW although my kids do. And no other games online for that matter. I'm a first person shooter junkie...on my own PC. Quake 4, Half Life 2 etc. Still waiting for the next episode of Duke Nukem, though. That would rule LOL The mini stripper segment in DN needs to be expanded to show some real T&A.

FBR

mr_punk
12-28-2006, 11:30 AM
If it takes years to get you to a spot with your online character there are people out there willing to buy it off you. Crazy huh?i don't know. i never played the game. it can't be any less crazy than betting on the NFL. i've been getting my head handed to me every week. yet, i keep coming back for more.

gameover
12-28-2006, 03:12 PM
I've gotten hooked on WOW. But I don't let it cut into my SC'ing :)

xdamage
12-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Still waiting for the next episode of Duke Nukem, though. That would rule LOL The mini stripper segment in DN needs to be expanded to show some real T&A.
FBR

LMAO - Maybe that's what they mean by "when it's ready"

The mmorpgs are addictive, but lack of time ... if only there were 36hrs in a day.

GenWar
12-30-2006, 07:19 AM
bah. As my boss always says, "'Busy' is no excuse. When something is important, you find a way to make the time." `Course, he wasn't talkin about WoW but still...

-gen

Persona
01-23-2007, 10:35 PM
I used to be obsessed with Quake 3. CSports.net had me ranked #1 in instaunlagged 1v1 and CTF for a while

lunchbox
02-06-2007, 04:29 PM

Personally, I was partial to cheating.

xdamage
02-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Vanguard Saga of Heroes - yet another game to suck up free time I don't have. I pulled myself away from playing EQ2 after we defeated the Matron - I thought for sure I was done with MMORPGs. I guess not. Oh well, sleep is overrated.

Moneywise
02-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Just curious. And I don't mean gambling.

If so what games?

I'm a gamer from waaay back. From then til now:

Quake 2 (got me hooked back in 97)
HL: Counterstrike
SoF2
Tribes
Unreal Tournament
Quake 3
Quake 4
CoD
BF1942
BF: Vietnam
BF2
CoD2
BF2142
Rainbow 6: Vegas

Bold = currently playing

I have an xbox360 as well. Here's a link to my info. I'm always down for a good game of TW on there.

http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/liv3wir369.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/liv3wir369)

My mother still has my "old" Commodore 64 in my closet stashed away at home. That's taking you back right there. 1541 HDD, and (cassette) tape drive included..lol

Who remembers this?
http://www.vintage-computer.com/images/c64console.jpg

My Atari 2600 is in there too... I'm amazed she kept that stuff. It's probably worth something today. (the c64 & accessories)

Katrine
02-18-2007, 02:13 PM
I met a hot girl a couple of years ago at one of the clubs where I bellydanced. She was in town for a Wow convention and was waiting for some guy she had never met in RL to pick her up. I was impressed. Previously, I was not aware that non-virgins were allowed to play RPG.

xdamage
02-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Cool moneywise. I worked for Commodore for a few years, but mostly on the Amiga.

xdamage
02-18-2007, 02:21 PM
I was not aware that non-virgins were allowed to play RPG.

I'm impressed, I thought all the girls were really dudes.

Moneywise
02-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Previously, I was not aware that non-virgins were allowed to play RPG.

LOL ;D

Nightwalk
02-23-2007, 12:47 AM
lol wow how did I miss this thread. I played wow for 2 years, I quit when TBC came out. No point of playing when we were at the top already. (Nightmares Asylum might remember us from Furas videos ^.^ even tho he went to Cursed and now is back in NA)

Before wow I was BIG into UT2K4. I met some of the greats if you ever played that game K*Xyber, K*Stryfe , CombatCarl , Dimension[M] , ZeroSkillz[M], Mjfossittx ,-h2o-Wingzero, N:Dawgpound, N:Touqe. It was kinda cool going to go watch them play. Never got to meet Fatal1ty tho.....He was prolly to busy nubbing on Quake or something ^.^

*sigh* the days

I dont really game anymore, Rarely ill play UT and D2 , sorta waiting for UT2K7 to come out and DX10. My Business, going to ITT 3 times a week, and the strip clubs currently chew my time up too much

WiseGuy_TX
02-25-2007, 08:56 AM
...a gamers fate. Either that or its a troll vs the mods of SW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9pgOmlHE2k&mode=related&search=

Bob_Loblaw
02-25-2007, 10:48 AM

There are many online gaming tournaments with prize money so it is very much like online poker. I've heard that in some places like Korea, there are professional leagues with corporate sponsorships and televised matches.

I used to work at EA (in a non-computer programming capacity). For many of the guys who work there, their only exposure to women was in the form of Princess Peach, Chun Li or Lara Croft.

http://media.g4tv.com/gallery/1332_s.jpg

erotictonic
09-30-2007, 03:40 AM
shit yea, I can't quit playing wow.

lvl 70 enh shaman
lvl 40 (dumbass) warlock lol
lvl 50 holy pally
lvl 18 rogue

Sh0t
09-30-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm worse than an online gamer, I make them.

It has totally killed my pleasure of gaming.