PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express

Richard_Head
12-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Any Outlook Express guru's out there?

For about the past 2 weeks when I click on any e-mail hyperlinks nothing happens? Everything was fine previous to this? It's kind of aggravating. Any suggestions?

Howie
12-21-2006, 06:50 PM
I've noticed the same thing since I loaded IE 7. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. Sometimes doubleclicking works. If it doesn't, I just copy and paste to the address bar.

I'm interested in finding an easy way to backup Outlook to move to a different computer.

jannisary
12-21-2006, 10:11 PM
The question is, why the fuck are you still using Outlook Express!

cherryripeboy
12-21-2006, 11:37 PM
I've noticed the same thing since I loaded IE 7. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. Sometimes doubleclicking works. If it doesn't, I just copy and paste to the address bar.

I'm interested in finding an easy way to backup Outlook to move to a different computer.

Export form the menu in outlook. Our if you want to get fancy look for the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard FSTW. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/getstarted/bott_fstw.mspx

lunchbox
12-21-2006, 11:54 PM
You have to reassociate your file types.

1) Control panel (classic view) > folder options.
2) select the file types tab
3) change a lot of stuff

have a nice day.

Richard_Head
12-22-2006, 01:26 AM
I've noticed the same thing since I loaded IE 7. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. Sometimes doubleclicking works. If it doesn't, I just copy and paste to the address bar.I think it did have something to do with the IE7 upgrade. I had upgraded to it a couple of weeks ago but still kept Firefox as my default browser. On the previous versions of IE this never caused a problem and the hyperlinks pulled up the Firefox browser. Anyways, I switched IE7 to my default browser and the hyperlinks began to work again.

The question is, why the fuck are you still using Outlook Express!Okay, what are you using Einstein??

cherryripeboy
12-22-2006, 03:15 AM
Well for me all my email is on webservers. Back when I had non-web mail addresses, I used, Eudora, Pegasus, and Lotus Notes.

jannisary
12-23-2006, 10:00 PM
I think it did have something to do with the IE7 upgrade. I had upgraded to it a couple of weeks ago but still kept Firefox as my default browser. On the previous versions of IE this never caused a problem and the hyperlinks pulled up the Firefox browser. Anyways, I switched IE7 to my default browser and the hyperlinks began to work again.

Okay, what are you using Einstein??

Yeah, drunk smartass posting not a good thing. But I did give up on Outlook Express years ago. It had and probably still does have way too many security problems. Right now I'm mainly using web based mail. For a time I was using the mozilla suite of internet apps which included a browser, e-mail and some other stuff. Then I switched to Firefox and Thunderbird.

yoda57us
12-24-2006, 10:05 AM
I use outlook (not outlook express) for business as most of my accounts use it and book me through online invitations.

I also used web based services for non-professional endeavors. I've got both Yahoo and Hotmail accounts

I downloaded IE7 but I use Firefox as my primary browser. I haven't had any trouble with links.

Security problems? I dunno, maybe I'm naive but I've never had any problems with Outlook or Outlook Express. What exactly do you mean?

Richard_Head
12-24-2006, 10:28 AM
I downloaded IE7 but I use Firefox as my primary browser. I haven't had any trouble with links.Yeah, the more I think about it, I think the problems started when I made Firefox the default browser not when I downloaded IE7. Anyways the problems cleared up when I made IE7 the default browser, the hyperlinks pull up the IE7 browser now with no problems (which it wouldn't do with Firefox as the default browser). That's really the only time I use IE7 now, otherwise I stick with Firefox. Oh and I do have Yahoo & Hotmail accounts too, I just prefer Outlook.