PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Predictions

Richard_Head
01-21-2007, 08:35 PM
We didn't have a NFL Playoff pool this year :-[.

How about Super Bowl predictions.

Who's your pick? Bears or Colts? What will the score be?

Winner gets............nothing :-\.

My pick:
Colts 28
Bears 24

Bob_Loblaw
01-21-2007, 10:15 PM
I'll pick the Bears. I think the offense and defense of both teams cancel each other out. On the other hand, Indy had major problems with NE's special teams and they're going to have lots of problems with Hester returning kicks.

doc-catfish
01-22-2007, 07:53 PM
For my nephew, Bears 33, Colts 31. Although I don't mind either team. I can only hope the game matches the excitiment of the AFC championship last night.
:thumbsup:

We didn't have a NFL Playoff pool this year :-[.

I've been quite busy lately. Plus the format was getting tired. How about an online 10x10 grid pool just for the SB? We have two weeks to fill it. Just say the word.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6361/sb41grid7qt.th.gif (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sb41grid7qt.gif)

gameover
01-23-2007, 08:22 PM
I have to go with the Colts:

Colts 31
Bears 13

Great colts offense keeps tiring bears defense on the field. Grossman chokes under the pressure.

SportsWriter2
01-24-2007, 05:32 PM
New England 34, Chicago 31

LapOfLuxury
01-25-2007, 10:27 PM
New England 34, Chicago 31

I'd bet the farm that that's not going to happen.:bouncey:

doc-catfish
01-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Maybe Sporty is making advanced predictions for Super Bowl 42. I'm sure there's a prognostication about Peyton Manning being seriously injured in a motorcycle accident there somewhere too.
:D

SportsWriter2
01-26-2007, 08:01 PM
In my HD dreams, Asante Samuel saves the game every time. :)

If you want a real world prediction, Chicago 31, Indianapolis 28.

Richard_Head
01-26-2007, 08:48 PM
They really need to get rid of the week off between the Championship games and the Super Bowl!!!!

mr_punk
01-27-2007, 05:44 AM
i'm taking the points on the Bears. hopefully, i can also win something on a couple of pools. i've been getting creamed this season.

Taco Goblin
01-29-2007, 11:51 PM
Bears 17
Colts 7

gameover
01-30-2007, 05:05 PM
i'm taking the points on the Bears. hopefully, i can also win something on a couple of pools. i've been getting creamed this season.

mr punk, you are going down hard--change your bet while you still can--this is going to be another superbowl blow out. you've been warned :)

Richard_Head
02-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Looks like Gameover wins!!!! He picked the Colts and was only 6 points off. Congrats and as winner you get........nothing, well except for SCJ bragging rights which as we all know is priceless!!!!

gameover
02-05-2007, 02:47 PM
heh, too bad i didn't put down a bet in vegas :)

mr_punk
02-09-2007, 09:03 PM
mr punk, you are going down hard--change your bet while you still can--this is going to be another superbowl blow out. you've been warnedhard? that's an understatement. i got donkey punched, ganged banged and then given a swirlie. yes, it was all done by one man...Adam Fu#king Vinatieri. at first, i caught a lucky break near the end of the second quarter after a bears fumble. the colts get the ball back and drive down the field. now, i'm need a FG not TD, which would make the score 19(Colts)-14(Bears). if the colts kick a FG. i win 6k in one of my football pools. i seemingly get another lucky break. the bears stop them and the FG team comes on for a 35 yard FG.

no sweat, i thought. hell, i was already counting the money. why not? it's a done deal. it's a 35 yarder with Adam Vinatieri kicking. he's automatic in the post season. so, the ball is snapped..the hold is good and Fu#king Vinatieri misses. arrrggg!!! WTF!! oy, when that cocks#cker missed the FG. i levitated from my seat and almost strangled and hurled a chihuahua at the TV screen. instead, i calmly walked out onto the patio, hurled a couple of chairs around the lawn while cussing up a storm at Motherf#cking Vinatieri. i was so livid that by the time the kiss of death was delivered (courtsey of an interception and touchback) in the fourth quarter. i couldn't even work up enough energy or anger to rip up my pool sheets. oh well, it's a fitting end which sums up my whole season. stick a fork in me....i'm done. well, until next year.