PDA

View Full Version : What should a guy do?

PhillyDancer1982
01-31-2007, 01:45 AM
Please help my guy friend M--k. A few years ago, he dated a girl that he thought he would be with forever. Unfortunately, they broke up eventually and then some time later, tragedy struck the girl. Not long afterwards, M--k met up with said girl's lost-distance younger sister(she went to college a few states away)...mostly to talk, relate about what had happened, etc. This girl was more receptive to M--k than most(and we all know that a lot of girls seem to have an affinity for treating M--k like shit! LOL), and M--k wasn't sure if it woulda been morally "wrong" if he had made a move on her or not(not to date/start a relationship...LOL. M--k doesn't get girls very much at all, so a small noncommital fling would have made him a very happy camper for that year, or hells for that half decade LOL). We were talking about strange situations like this tonight ironically, and then M--k posed to me his usual "is it wrong..." type question, and asked me if I thought it would have been morally wrong if he'd hooked up with the girl. I was a little stumped on this one. What would most of you guys have done?(and would it have been morally okay?)

Opinions? LOL. Also, do you think that your opinions on what is cool/not cool to do has anything to do with your gender?(I will assume that most of the people on this board are guys...most of the girls are over on the pink side LOL)

GenWar
01-31-2007, 06:21 AM
If the younger sister was receptive and responsive...well, I can't find a way to view this situation from a standpoint wherein following that path as far as it leads is problematic.

Well, THAT was convoluted. How about this? M--k, go for it.

-gen

PhillyDancer1982
01-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Hahahahahahaha I tell M--k that all the time. ::) He needs to get out more and do more!

I think the reason he shied away is because he was worried what the girl's other sister would think(as far as it looking "womanizing" or whatnot, going for her another one of her siblings). :-\ M--k makes things too complicated for himself, and then always asks me later in his apprehensive way, "Is it wrong..." Haha.

Bob_Loblaw
01-31-2007, 10:59 PM
M--k needs to stop worrying about what other people think and worry more about his own happiness.

lopaw
02-03-2007, 10:25 PM
I dunno.....sounds messy. Although it would be mighty tempting, it might not be worth the potential drama that might ensue. IMHO, it wouldn't be wrong....just potentially messy.

Do you think my opinion is gender based? I don't think so, but I think I'm the only female that has responded so far.
I like it here on the blue side.
The pink side is too........pink. :O

Taco Goblin
02-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Personally I go with the "plenty of fish in the sea" sentiment.. Why of all the girls in the world, go after one with a connection to an ex-girlfriend's tragedy?

Also sounds like a bit of the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.. one of my favorite lines from Carrey's internal dialogue:

"Why do I fall in love with every girl I see who shows me the least bit of attention?" ---(this hits close to home to myself at times, probably why its my favorite)