PDA

View Full Version : Guys, I Was Wondering; Do You Like This ?

Hot2Trot
03-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Hello guys :waves: . I hope I am welcome :) . This is my first time on the BLUE side (Hi; Go Blue! LoL :D ), so please...

Be gentle ;) .

I just had to come over because you guys have something that I simply can't get from the girls over on the PINK side;

A MAN'S perspective.

Click the link -> http://rgxlife.com/qclips_featured/feature14.html (http://rgxlife.com/qclips_featured/feature14.html) .

So guys;

1) Do you find her "Sexy" or "Cute" ? You likey or no?

2) Why do you like or not? Describe in detail - Face, Body and other physical features; Go off guys - I am really curious :glasses: ...

3) How do you guys feel about advertisements being specifically targeted toward the stereotype that all men are idiots who think with their penises who are easily satiated by the prospect of attracting attractive women and shamelessly exploiting that (i.e. AXE, Target and RGX commercials) ?

Does it boost your bravado?

Or do you boycott the product?

I'm interested in your input (s) .

:flirt:

lunchbox
03-20-2007, 04:18 PM
She's more cute than the sexy she's trying to be. Attractive, but not my type.

Jay Zeno
03-20-2007, 05:55 PM
I clicked on the link about an hour or so ago. I'm back. I remember her as reasonably sexy and cute, with a fake approach. She had dark hair, right? Other than that, and generically being about body spray, I don't remember it.

I'm not offended by commercials, whether they stereotype me or not. I can't think of any particular commercials that entice me to buy anything. For instance, I enjoy Bud commercials a lot more than Guinness commercials, but Guinness gets my money. Well, I did like quite a bit, but it didn't have a human in it, nor was it shown in the US.

Um, I suspect this isn't helping.

Casual Observer
03-20-2007, 06:13 PM
She's not unattractive, but she's trying too hard--and not in the deliberately over-the-top way one might expect in a comical commercial. Physically, as attractive chicks go, there's nothing particularly remarkable about her. That said, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers, as long as they were served with port and cheese.

As to the idea that men would be upset about being exploited for their perpetual and reliably prurient interest, men really don't care about that--women get pissy because they think it's high-minded and intellectual to draw such conclusions from things as banal as advertising. Men just don't care; if there's a hot chick in the commercial, we have a passing interest. JZ's Budweiser/Guinness example is quite appropo; Bud's advertising is great, Guinness' product is superior (though I love the "BRILLIANT!" campaign).

Bottom line: guys aren't looking to make political statements with regard to advertising--they're just looking for entertainment and product knowledge.

Richard_Head
03-20-2007, 06:20 PM
1) Do you find her "Sexy" or "Cute" ? You likey or no?Yeah, I think she's sexy.

2) Why do you like or not? Describe in detail - Face, Body and other physical features; Go off guys - I am really curious :glasses: ...What's not to like? Pretty face, nice hair, nice curves.

3) How do you guys feel about advertisements being specifically targeted toward the stereotype that all men are idiots who think with their penises who are easily satiated by the prospect of attracting attractive women and shamelessly exploiting that (i.e. AXE, Target and RGX commercials) ?I don't mind, it's only an advertisement.

Does it boost your bravado?No

Or do you boycott the product?No

danigirl
03-20-2007, 06:22 PM
OK, that second commercial was kind of cool, Jay. For the first 11 seconds. And then it got very long.

Bob_Loblaw
03-20-2007, 07:29 PM
1. She's attractive but I think she's more on the cute side than sexy. She kinda looks like she could have been a tomboy who just got a makeover.

2. I like the smokey eyes and full bodied hair. She's got good skin tone, symmetrical facial features and a nice figure. I think the playful facial expressions are what I find most attractive.

3. I don't find these types of ads offensive at all. I think people nowadays are generally uptight and need to learn to laugh at themselves once in a while but that's getting off track. The use of sex in advertising has always been an effective method of selling. I find the use of sex and humor in Axe and Tag ads particularly entertaining. At the very least, their ads have successfully created brand awareness.

Would ads like these cause me to boycott their product? No, not for the exploitation of men, etc. However, I would refrain from buying their product because of the perception among many women that guys who wear RGX, Tag, Axe feel they can't get a girl without a "magic potion" which is a reflection of their lack of confidence, a less than attractive quality. It also signals to some that the guy is easily swayed and incapable of independent thought.

slowpoke
03-20-2007, 07:38 PM
she walks funny and her posture is awkward

Jay Zeno
03-20-2007, 07:56 PM
OK, that second commercial was kind of cool, Jay. For the first 11 seconds. And then it got very long.That's why it didn't play in the U.S. Two minutes is too long for our attention span. (Not to mention there aren't too many two-minute spots available.)(Probably for the same reason.)

xdamage
03-20-2007, 08:22 PM
I have no idea why you are asking, but I'll give you my honest no-holds-barred-x-truth.

She is fuckable, but not likeable.

The Axe commercials are stupid on many levels and you'd have to be moron or 14-15 to believe them (moronity and 14-15 go together like frosting and cake).

As for why she is fuckable, but not likeable... tight little bod, cute face, so fuckable, but her behavior is annoying on many levels and I'd rather end up in hell then listen to her annoying voice and watch her annoying mannerisms day in and day out.

The Snark
03-20-2007, 08:25 PM
How do you guys feel about advertisements being specifically targeted toward the stereotype that all men are idiots who think with their penises who are easily satiated by the prospect of attracting attractive women and shamelessly exploiting that (i.e. AXE, Target and RGX commercials) ?

You're asking this question to guys who frequent strip clubs? In my dictionary, "idiots who think with their penises" is listed as a synonym for "strip club customers". And it has a picture of myself as an illustration.

Taco Goblin
03-20-2007, 08:39 PM

2) Why do you like or not? Describe in detail - Face, Body and other physical features; Go off guys - I am really curious :glasses: ...

3) How do you guys feel about advertisements being specifically targeted toward the stereotype that all men are idiots who think with their penises who are easily satiated by the prospect of attracting attractive women and shamelessly exploiting that (i.e. AXE, Target and RGX commercials) ?

1) Strictly from a looks point of view, she is probably more cute than sexy. I like shapely brunettes..

2) I think there's something weird with her mouth.. too wide.. or I dunno, something's off with it. I dislike her swagger and attitude. She comes off as annoying and trying too hard.. like Teri Hatcher in the old Howie Long radio shack ads.

3) I don't care about advertizing much at all in general.. I think most of them play on stereotypes of one kind or another, whether directed at men or women. As for these in particular, hell I remember those ancient Hai Karate ads when I was a kid.. same thing these new breeds are doing, but without the kung-fu..

I think these particular types of ads are pretty stupid.. I don't use the products, not from a boycott standpoint, but they don't have the staying power that cologne has.

doc-catfish
03-21-2007, 10:21 AM
If that gal in the commercial wants to smell me from "there", I'm certainly willing to try the product out.
:P

But hell, strippers smell me from there all the time. I do spray on a little Axe Orion before hitting the club, but when you have cash, why invest it in body spray?

She is fuckable, but not likeable.

As for why she is fuckable, but not likeable... tight little bod, cute face, so fuckable, but her behavior is annoying on many levels and I'd rather end up in hell then listen to her annoying voice and watch her annoying mannerisms day in and day out.
She does have that "diva" attitude to her, but I think they intended on that for the commercial. Put a skimpier dress on her and a flyswatter in her hand that commercial might get me hot.

Would that steer me into buying the product? Umm no.

Hot2Trot
03-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Well, I did like this commercial (http://youtube.com/watch?v=xcr6ZIVi-Vg) quite a bit, but it didn't have a human in it, nor was it shown in the US.

I actually loved the commercial. My dad would construct these wacky chain reaction contraptions when I was younger and it was entertaining, as well as an early insight into engineering.

It came in handy, particularly when it comes to tinkering under the hood or undercarriage. This is especially helpful, since many times you do not have visual access to the piece and have to sort of "feel" around for the part and envision what could be pinning it down if it doesn't come out (or, you could just bang it out; LoL :D ).

What can I say? I am a techie and mechanic, amongst many other things :glasses: .

OK, that second commercial was kind of cool, Jay. For the first 11 seconds. And then it got very long.

LoL :D .

That's why it didn't play in the U.S. Two minutes is too long for our attention span. (Not to mention there aren't too many two-minute spots available.)(Probably for the same reason.)

True - Blame TiVo (etc.), since it lets people cut commercials out in this fast food on-demand society.

Hot2Trot
03-21-2007, 11:18 AM
If that gal in the commercial wants to smell me from "there", I'm certainly willing to try the product out.
:P

Put a skimpier dress on her and a flyswatter in her hand that commercial might get me hot.

::) , of course Doc-catfish; LoL.

I_luv_dancers!
03-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Hello guys :waves: . I hope I am welcome :) . This is my first time on the BLUE side (Hi; Go Blue! LoL :D ), so please...

Be gentle ;) .

Welcome and don' t be a stranger. You'll find that we are more direct over here and we love the pinkies who can hang with the boys in blue.

I just had to come over because you guys have something that I simply can't get from the girls over on the PINK side;

and we're just the guys to give it to you ....... pant pant pant

A MAN'S perspective.

oh.....

Click the link -> http://rgxlife.com/qclips_featured/feature14.html (http://rgxlife.com/qclips_featured/feature14.html) .

So guys;

First....is that YOU?

Yes, sexy, cute, me likey.

ok - she's a little gawky with the walk which is strangely interesting - not used to heels? That makes her endearing. Her face is expressive - I like the biting her lips and raising her eyebrows bit. Great calves, cute smile, nice hair and interesting boobage.

What's not to like?

Mongo see pretty girl, Mongo watch. Mongo know he not score hot babe like that in million years just because Mongo use cheap-ass body spray. Besides, Mongo not remember what girl selling.

Yeah....right

Probably would have never bought product in first place.

And we're interested in your output - nyuk, nyuk!

Seriously - Sex doesn't sell, it attracts attention. Once aware of the product, one may try it once, but if the product isn't worth crapola there won't be a repeat purchase. It's all about creating a buzz and getting the product name out there. There's a lot of ways to be outrageous in advertising and create that buzz. The trick is to get 'em to remember the product, not just the outrageous nature of the commercial or the babe that's in it.

xdamage
03-21-2007, 04:33 PM
She does have that "diva" attitude to her, but I think they intended on that for the commercial.

That could well be it, and yes, I'm sure they were going for that attitude, but it's not the kind of thing that would make me run out and buy the product.

As to the idea that men would be upset about being exploited for their perpetual and reliably prurient interest, men really don't care about that-

Yep, it doesn't even enter our minds that we should care. It doesn't even make a lot of sense to us that we should care even if we were told that we should. It's a commercial. I'm betting like most guys here, I'm way too busy to concern myself with such things. Besides, my ego is dependent on what I accomplish, and the opinions of those who I love and admire. This is just a commercial - kind of hard to take it seriously in any way whatsoever.

Hot2Trot
03-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Welcome and don' t be a stranger. You'll find that we are more direct over here and we love the pinkies who can hang with the boys in blue.

I appreciate the welcome I_luv_dancers! and everyone else :blush:

and we're just the guys to give it to you ....... pant pant pant

"Boys will be boys," I guess (Naughty, naughty...) .

Mongo see pretty girl, Mongo watch. Mongo know he not score hot babe like that in million years just because Mongo use cheap-ass body spray. Besides, Mongo not remember what girl selling.

ROFL; That was very entertaining to visualize I_luv_d -

A guy slouching forward, scratching extended belly and head simultaneously while standing in front of the television wearing nothing but his underwear trying to figure out the point of the advertisement...

Seriously - Sex doesn't sell, it attracts attention.

Exactly - ^^ Which touches on my point for curiosity ^^.

The reason I posted this here is because I and another girl were discussing the formatting and content of these commercials and concluded that they absolutely irk the ish out of us both...

I was conducting a mini-survey to test a theory that was aroused from the discussion, and guess what !? You guys are my testing group:

Gold stars for everyone thus far, since there are no "right or wrong answers..." http://www.aztlanbicycle.com/images/products/lowrider-accessories/VALVE_CAP_STAR_GOLD_37793_small.jpg

BTW, this is not for school, but my own entertainment...

:glasses: Sick? Maybe. Interesting ... ? ...

Definitely! ::eating popcorn:: .

Appreciate it guys. I will dish on my theory soon and give you guys a chance to give me some feedbaack, soon as everyone who wants to answer gets a chance to respond.

P.S. ^ Those are low-rider valve caps ^ ; :D !

CalifSCVisitor65
03-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Cute and I would buy a dance from her since I'm into brunettes. But the attitude in the commercial makes her seem a tad annoying.

The ad doesn't offend or bother, but it ould not make me run out and buy the product.

The End.

lestat1
04-11-2007, 10:20 PM
[1] Sexy and cute. Me likey very much!

[2] Pretty face, cute voice, nice long shiny hair. Something about her body, while it is very good, seems off. Her hips and shoulders seem wider than they should be for the rest of her body, and her mouth is very wide, but those are being incredibly nit-picky. Also while her voice is cute, there is something about her attitude that misfired. They went for coy, teasing, and sexy, but she's a little annoying and haughty instead. She gives off more of an unapproachable/rejection vibe than an "I want you" vibe, so the whole ad fails in that regard (for me anyway). On the other hand I am now aware that Right Guard has a body spray...so in that sense the ad worked.

[3] Compared to most ads out there that always make men simpletons, one that doesn't attack our intellect directly but goes the sex route does two things: avoids the annoying 'you're an idiot' theme, and offers eye candy. So it's better. I don't feel exploited...please, there is real exploitation still going on in the world. "Exploiting" me by having me watch an ad because I want to see a hot chick? Pfffft.

So doesn't boost my bravado.

Boycott? I don't see how I would care one way or another enough to boycott them. I don't think I'll buy it though, I wear real cologne.

If all ads on TV had sexy girls, I'd stop DVR fast-forwarding through the commercials.

datchapin
04-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Too rigid, body's too tense. Shoulders look tense but arms swing loosely, funny. Cute, very nice lips, yup I'd hit that. Look's like she needs some to help her relax.

So Axe doesn't automatically make me a sex god? Man, here I was thinking all those I had bought were broken. Meh.