PDA

View Full Version : Personal Websites

Jesse_B
06-24-2007, 04:55 PM
A good friend of mine who dances told me about this site, and about a common problem many dancers have. She said that many customers would like a way to contact them outside of work, but the girls would rather not give out their personal information. That's where I come in.

I'm a web developer and graphic designer. For a modest fee, I will make you a professional website that will allow customers to reach you outside of work without interfering with your privacy or safety. A website is also a great tool for meeting people and getting your name and face out there.

I can design a site specific to your needs and style. You will also have your own personalized email address. ([email protected])

Hosting for your site will be handled by another company, but you won't even have to mess with it, because I will handle it all for you. Hosting fees are usually payed for a year at a time, and cost less than you spend on ringtones.

For the first 10 requests I get, I'll be charging $100, which is the best deal you'll find anywhere on the web. And as a special bonus, if you work in the Southern Ohio/Northwestern WV area, you'll probably get most of that money back ;)

If you're interested or have any questions, feel free to send me a private message on this site, or email me at [email protected]

Finally, I'd like to appologize in advance if this is the wrong section for this thread, or if I'm intruding. Thank you for your time.

Andygirl
06-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Do you have any examples of sites you have designed so that we can check them out? Also, do you know how to make it to where part of the site would be pay, like a monthly thing for nude photos or webcam?

Jesse_B
06-24-2007, 08:57 PM
A couple examples of my work can be found at and . I knew I was forgetting something :P

And yeah, a 'members only' section is a posibility, but because it's a bit more complicated and a little more time consuming, I would have to charge a little more.

BTW, is that quote in your signature from the Sirens of Titan? I just finished that book and loved it.

Andygirl
06-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Lemme know when you do your first dancer website. I can't fathom paying $100 for what you have there.

Jesse_B
06-24-2007, 09:25 PM
100% satisfaction or you keep your money. I'll build you a site without a members only section right now and if you like it we can talk about adding a pay to play section. If you don't care for it, you don't have to pay me and you're out nothing.

cinammonkisses
06-25-2007, 12:25 AM
Honestly Jesse, with myspace now up and running for free, it's kinda hard for a girl to shell out money for a "promotional" site.

Jesse_B
06-25-2007, 03:53 AM
I understand where you're coming from, but a personal site has many advantages over myspace. Private sites provide a level of safety and annonymity that myspace cannot. They are also more professional and easier to access. Also, private sites can make money through advertisement and membership services. And the big thing, you can have nudity on your site where you cannot on myspace.

cinammonkisses
06-25-2007, 05:00 AM
^^Oooh you're trying to make pay-sites? Well in that case, I'm not trying to be a professional stripper. This is not a career move for me. Secondly, it's much more profitable for dancers to have the customer come to the club vs. having them charge their credit card to view xxx pictures.

Jesse_B
06-25-2007, 07:32 AM
I actually didn't start this thread with the intention of making pay sites, but it was mentioned, and it is a possibility.

Crow2
06-27-2007, 12:45 PM
I was going to mention my space, and for dancers in general it really does not make sense to have a personal site.

If one is in film, or modeling, well thats a different story.
Even for models there are sites for that, exclusively

ChristyWild
06-30-2007, 12:25 AM
I have to put my two cents in, having, all told, a myspace page, a dancer information site AND a paysite. Any LEGIT promotional company NEVER asks for money up front...they wait until the revenue is coming in to do that. As for myself, all I have to worry about is the yearly fee for my .coms...cuz you can find really cheap, adult friendly servers for about $60 a year...and that's usually a web host that includes some free templates too. Sorry, hun, but you're charging WAY too much for what you're offering...and I bet you're not even gonna have any affiliate traffic either, are ya? And yes, I understand you're going to be designing these sites for the girls, but considering the adult nature of their photos, are you going to have the 2257 paperwork on their photos? Cuz whether or not any real nudity is displayed on their sites, you have to verify age on an adult site, which you don't need to do on myspace, for example. Just saying that you need to know all that you're getting into before you offer.

cinammonkisses
07-01-2007, 08:09 AM
^^Oooh get em' Christy!