View Full Version : Erotic Fairy & Mermaid Portraits - for dancers only

Michel Savage
08-04-2007, 07:43 PM
[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL]

by international Fantasy Artist : Michel Savage
fairy and mermaid fine art portraits for book covers & magazines
and personal modeling portfolios via Retired Male Dancer

Any kind of Exotic to Erotic Fantasy portrait can also
be created, request a quote for your own personal layout.

: Contact Email if interested :
[email protected] ([email protected])

Become a part of the Faerylands & Atlantis series
FREE portraits offered for select models who qualify for the fantasy series

Lysondra
08-04-2007, 07:46 PM
"FREE portraits for select models who qualify"

I don't mean to be a bitch... but if you're getting nude models to be on book covers and in magazines, should you be paying them? Instead of making them not pay you 'if they qualify'?

Embyr
08-04-2007, 07:52 PM
yeah... not only should this be (i believe) in "other work," but the thought of being jacked off to with fins and a tail is kinda weird.

Michel Savage
08-04-2007, 07:59 PM
A free portrait averages $1000 value, and the model gets co-copyright / ie: to sell or use as they wish including a free modeling portfolio. A great deal of investment is made into marketing + pay if the artwork is chosen for publication. This is a fine art series... not point & shoot photography. A certain look is and personality is the qualifying trait.

Chosen cover art is non-nude - review the website first, and the modeling page for details.

Lysondra
08-04-2007, 08:07 PM
A free portrait has a $600 - $1000 value, and the model gets co-copyright / ie: to sell or use as they wish and a free modeling portfolio. Plus they get paid if the artwork is chosen for publication = A great deal of investment is made into marketing. This is a fine art series... not point & shoot photography for a cover.

That doesn't really answer my question. Just because it's fine art doesn't mean you should be expecting the models to pay you. The magazines and sales on your prints should be what pays you, with either the model getting a flat fee, a percentage, or a pre-agreed on item, like perhaps some customs shots for her own portfolio in exchange.

And model normally gets co-copyright anyway on photos unless explicitly said so prior to shooting, so you're really not offering much I couldn't already get with a regular photographer other than IF I get a free shoot (which I'd otherwise have to pay you pretty much half what a wedding photographer gets for a full day) I -might- get paid.

My point is, fine art or not, you can't do your work without your models but the models can work without you - so they should not be coming to you and paying you -unless- it is a custom shoot just for them and they'd own all copyright agreements on it for their own sale.

Otherwise it's just unfair.

That's what I was asking about.

Michel Savage
08-04-2007, 08:13 PM
A regular photographer plainly cannot offer or do what I do, that is why I am outsourced internationally. Do you have a professional modeling portfolio we could review ?

Lysondra
08-04-2007, 08:18 PM
A regular photographer plainly cannot offer or do what I do, that is why I am outsourced internationally. Do you have a professional modeling portfolio we could review ?

I do, but I'm not in America.

You offer fabulous amazing photoshopping skills, I understand that. Your art is very beautiful, I'm not denying that - but if it's your work for your own things, like selling on your website and doing prints, you should be paying the girls. But hey, I guess I would get paid for the same stuff in four different ways if I could get away with it, too. :P

I just refuse to do a shoot where either I don't get paid or there's not some mutually beneficial agreement. Lately I've been trading photos for other people's art (not unlike yours) for a free hour of shooting for myself for my paysite. Or I do a shoot based on the premise we split half of the magazine sales.

It's just really uncommon for most models to be doing a photographer's 'project' without getting paid by the photographer, is all I'm saying.

LuckiCharm
08-04-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't know...I just wanted to say I love the artwork on the site...but I agree with the other posters. If the pictures are being used by you for other projects, the model shouldn't pay. The magazine/book should. It can't go both ways. You probably won't get any business here...although I still think the pictures on the site are gorgeous.

LuckiCharm
08-04-2007, 08:20 PM

Do you get paid by the company who uses your photography? So you're getting paid by two parties for one photo shoot? You think that's fair?

Lysondra
08-04-2007, 08:21 PM
I don't know...I just wanted to say I love the artwork on the site...but I agree with the other posters. If the pictures are being used by you for other projects, the model shouldn't pay. The magazine/book should. It can't go both ways. You probably won't get any business here...although I still think the pictures on the site are gorgeous.

:yes:

Thank you, Lucki, that's what I was saying... :) I'm glad it's not just me.

The work is beautiful, but the model shouldn't be paying unless she gets full exclusive rights to the photos.

LuckiCharm
08-04-2007, 08:25 PM
I also want to add that, if you weren't using the pictures for other purposes, you would more than likely have more girls wanting to buy portraits. It seems like you think that saying that these pictures are used for magazines will help your sales, but that's actually why no one on here is going to take you seriously. Why don't you separate the two...advertise for selling the portraits, then make another ad to search for models who want to pose for the magazine.

Michel Savage
08-04-2007, 08:27 PM
To clarify: to be a part of the Faerylands & Atlantis series = models get co-copyright + a free modeling portfolio + pay if the work is chosen for publication.

For individuals whom wish to have their own custom layout & portrait made, a quote will be offered = they own full copyright/ownership, and is not used in any publication.

It is a matter of choice of the model. Please see the modeling page for details.

LuckiCharm
08-04-2007, 08:29 PM
So if the work is chosen they get their money back that they paid for the shots? Or would they make that and a profit? Cause if not, you're using models for free.

Michel Savage
08-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Each portrait takes 40-60 hrs average... that is not considered Free time.

Again, ...custom portraits requested "are not" used in any publications or marketing, they are property of the paying client. Plus they sell their own signed prints to customers, clientele, used for promotions, etc.

Lysondra
08-04-2007, 08:42 PM
To clarify: to be a part of the Faerylands & Atlantis series = models get co-copyright + a free modeling portfolio + pay if the work is chosen for publication.

For individuals whom wish to have their own custom layout & portrait made, a quote will be offered = they own full copyright/ownership, and is not used in any publication.

It is a matter of choice of the model. Please see the modeling page for details.

See THAT'S what I was asking. Your original post combined the two ideas.

LuckiCharm
08-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Ok I get what you're saying.

gingerlee
08-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Eh, I have never EVER paid a photographer for anything, no matter how awesome his shots are. We either shot straight up for trade or we shot and he gave me a few of the shots that would not be covershots for books or magazines and *I* still got paid at the end of the day.

I'm not talking about no name photographers either, they're nationally and internationally published and well known. Maybe I'm spoiled or something...

Michel Savage
08-04-2007, 10:34 PM
What you received was called TFP = Trade for Print, which is exactly what we are talking about here GingerLee.

gingerlee
08-04-2007, 11:25 PM
What you received was called TFP = Trade for Print, which is exactly what we are talking about here GingerLee.

No, I got prints and I got paid for the shots every time. I don't do straight TFP, I have to get paid at the end of the day.

Lysondra
08-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Eh, I have never EVER paid a photographer for anything, no matter how awesome his shots are. We either shot straight up for trade or we shot and he gave me a few of the shots that would not be covershots for books or magazines and *I* still got paid at the end of the day.

I'm not talking about no name photographers either, they're nationally and internationally published and well known. Maybe I'm spoiled or something...

:yes: So it's not just me that will not do TFPs. Not unless I get something out of it. Like I said, lately it's been shoot for shoot. Do your thing, and we'll do my thing for the same exact time for my paysite that I own. Even that seems cheap to me, but I need stock up of 6 months for my paysite.

I always get paid.

Edit: I should mention this goes DOUBLE (triple!) for nudes, which you are doing. I definitely would never ever EVER TFP nudes.

Michel Savage
08-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Actually, you just contradicted what you wrote GingerLee...

" We either shot straight up for trade "or" we shot and he gave me a few of the shots"

There are plenty of people out there who are or may be interested in getting custom Fantasy portraits and possible exposure in the modeling industry and for published work.

Example:

...if it's not personally for you, then there truly is no reason for wasting your time on this thread.

gingerlee
08-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Actually, you just contradicted what you wrote GingerLee...

" We either shot straight up for trade "or" we shot and he gave me a few of the shots"

...if it's not personally for you, then there truly is no reason for wasting your time on this thread.

Ok fine, does 'I have never paid for a shot and probably never will, because I get paid every time I work' sound better? ::) I always get paid, and 99% of the time the photographer is cool enough to share the pics with me. And like Lysondra said, I ain't doing anything nude without some money in my hands.

I model full time, so no offense to you, but I know the games some photographers play with girls with the promise of money down the line.

Callyish
08-05-2007, 02:59 AM
I've paid for two shoots and that was to get me started... now I NEVER get naked unless I get money in my hands or at the very least my own shoot for my own use(such as Lysondra) PLUS rights to the pictures for the project I was shooting for(such as Ginger).

I can see this being a great arrangement for an amateur model trying to get her foot in the door.. but for professional models...well I don't see it happening.

I wont deny your work is great but umm yea...

*steps back out of the thread*

Kaylinn
08-05-2007, 10:00 AM
I would do TFP for this project. It's a unique idea that would bring a very differen and unique aspect to my portfolio. The more amazing pictures in my port, the more paid shoots I get, and the more I can charge for shoots.

I haven't done any TFP in a very long time, as I always get paid plus get at least a few of my images to add to my port, but it is not required to get a copy of your prints if you got paid. The money is your compensation, so your not "owed" the images as well If you work tfp, then the images are your compensation.

If I found an interesting idea or amazing photographer that could really add something to my port, I would concider doing a tfp session. I absolutly love this guys idea, and his work is beautiful.

I wouldn't pay him for it. I've never paid for a photographer and i never will. Call me spoiled, but paying for a photoshoot is not nesessary for me when so many photographers are willing to pay me. And my portfolio isn't crap either.

So yeah, I'd concider TFP...with stipulations.
Such as my travel is paid for. My accomodations are paid for. I get a copy of all the images, and co own the right to them, meaning I can sell them if I so choose. The photog. has the right to profit from them, and I require that right as well.

If I would PAY for the shoot, then I own the images, and the photog. has no right to them, and cannot sell them for profit. Sam if he pays me for the shoot. He owns them, he can sell them for profit, I can't, as I alread ganed my compensation for them.

Anyway...I absolutly love his ideas. I think his work is amazing, and totally worth TFP since it would add something unique to my port.

cameron_keys
08-05-2007, 05:05 PM
^^I agree Kaylinn. I woudl do this TFP IF I was free to profit off the pics as well.

I dont do straight TFP. I either get rights to the pics to use as I please and/or I get a separate photo session in the style of my choice.

If a photog does AMAZING work that I think will further my portfolio..I will consider these options.