PDA

View Full Version : White girl in a hip-hop club...

Embyr
08-13-2007, 05:30 AM
Ok... someone PLEASE help me out...

i am definitely one of the whitest people I know (as in, so pale I glow...), and I'm picking up some shifts in a VERy diverse club with a mostly african-american clientele... I am NOT making this into a racial thing, please don't think that... I am just trying to get some ideas of what to play!

I normally work dayshift in a white-businessman type club (ecstasy)... where I am comfortable and make $$ on stage playing anything from SOAD to Danzig to Gorillaz to Hieroglyphics to placebo... you name it. We play whatever at this club and no one thinks much of it. I do pretty damn well on stage here because I am one of the few that bothers with the pole, I'm slow, flexible (i smile) and consider myself a good dancer.

At Fantasy Castle in the LBC (and if someone says snoop dogg i'm gonna puke) I work nightshift, it's crowded, and it's a party atmosphere. But I don't make much on stage unless I get people hooked & interested before hand *this is not to say I don't do dances* ... whereas many of the other girls get $$$ showers left and right as they jiggle one cheek independently of the other... unfortunately, this i cannot do. I don't know whether or not to just play what I normally play but gauge it to a younger crowd (as in, don't play APC's rendition of "imagine" because its origin will be lost on these young'uns...), to play more "fun" rock-y stuff, or to embrace my love of more underground hip-hop?? If I WERE to play hip-hop, it wouldn't be danceclubby stuff... I just wanna make sure that the little white girl dancing to Blackalicious or Hieroglyphics or Aceyalone or J-5 isn't gonna be stared at cock-eyed... what do you suggest?????

BlackSheEp3
08-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Imo whether you a white girl or black girl or black girl that looks white....id want you to dance to Hip Hop or R & B music...im not a fan of rock music and plus it kills the whole vibe for me.

britt244
08-13-2007, 09:44 AM
will you feel comfortable dancing to that? i don't, so i dance to rock even though im one of the only girls in my club that does. i feel silly dancing to hip hop type music because i feel like my dance style doesn't look right with it. but if *you* are comfortable with it, you should be fine, imo.

Alia_of_the_Knife
08-13-2007, 09:58 AM
I am a black girl in a mostly white club, (there is me, one other girl who is mixed, a Puerto Rican, and that's it,) and almost all of the white girls I dance with want to dance to hip hop. (It's kind of ironic since the mixed girl likes dancing to Techno and I prefer Slayer. Talk about some weird looks.) The club only stopped playing hip-hop after the management banned it with the exception of top 40 crap.

I normally end up playing what the patrons want. In hip hop clubs, the stage show and the music that you play is MUCH more important than in clubs that are more white. Also considering that 75-90% of people who buy hip-hop are white, I doubt that you will be looked at as strange. And you can shake each cheek independently of each other with practice. When I first started stripping I couldn't do it and was rather embarrassed, but after about 2 weeks of daily practice in a mirror I could do it effortlessly.

Embyr
08-13-2007, 10:52 AM
^^^ wow, thank you everyone for the advice... yeah, like i first posted, i'm totally comfortable dancing to it, and I may not *shake it* as well as some others (... there's not much to shake, either :-\ ) but I CAN dance. Perhaps it's just being there longer and getting to know the clientele, too.

AOTK- that's kinda funny we're having... opposite yin-yang problems? :D

LatinaRose
08-13-2007, 11:46 AM
You can always dance to rap/rock type music. 50 Cent and NIN's mash-up of Closer and In Da Club is a good example. Other than that, practice your booty shake! I've seen some little asses shakin hard, so everyone can do it. You just gotta practice more. Black guys love a white girl that can shake her ass.

madmaxine
08-13-2007, 11:56 AM
There's some great mash-ups of Jay-Z and Linkin Park on the Internet (heavy on the Z, light on the LP)

Gwen & I were bumping to them...on the way to a Rush concert, ha ha :O

Don't be self-conscious, clubs are supposed to be full of trendsetters!!!

& I would try a lot of floorwork until you're better at moving to Hip Hop beats...There's a few YouTube videos of girls dancing to hip hop (there's a couple of threads on here for pole dancing) you should check them out.

Edit to add- my sister is a hip-hop DJ & I know for sure for hearing what she played, there are tons and tons of indie hip hop songs that would work in a SC environment.

cinammonkisses
08-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Em, dance to what you are comfortable with. If you arne't into dancing to hip hop/rap it will be obvious. I don't dance to hip hop. Hell, when I was in FL at a mostly black club I danced to r&b, latin/reggaeton, pop, etc.

I like Latinarose's idea of dancing to smashed music. That will work. It's hot!

Susan Wayward
08-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Rock the underground hip-hop -- I think the crowd in the black clubs is more open to hearing stuff they haven't heard before and would get into it. Just do your thing -- don't try to be something you're not or dance in a way that feels awkward to you. I'm not saying don't learn to bounce your ass, but learn to do it your way. Have fun!

LatinaRose
08-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Great suggestion on the JayZ/Linkin Park. Those songs are hot! I dance to them sometimes.

BlackSheEp3
08-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Rock the underground hip-hop -- I think the crowd in the black clubs is more open to hearing stuff they haven't heard before and would get into it. Just do your thing -- don't try to be something you're not or dance in a way that feels awkward to you. I'm not saying don't learn to bounce your ass, but learn to do it your way. Have fun!

This lady speaks the truth....i would love to watch a girl strip to this song by Nice & Smooth
http://youtube.com/watch?v=myqQGg_s-Pw

Or Closer by Goapele
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jkRSMaCjCjw

Embyr
08-13-2007, 03:31 PM
awesome ideas- and yeah, i know some mashy stuff.... ;D

what about more reggae-ish songs?? Something like "Yell Fire" by Michael Franti and Spearhead??? It's both slow and rhythmic enough for me, but upbeat/fun....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhVulmpkw4E

(ignore the fire dancing- it's the only youtube clip i could find that wasn't 'live' and actually had the album song)

I f*ckin love this song... :D I dance to it at Ecstasy (old whiteguy club) but could it get a better response here.... and I LURVE it when a girl dances sensually to some hot reggae stuff.

GOOd- thank you!!! i'm sure someone will appreciate a white girl dancin' to slick rick... ;D old school stuff might be fun to play, bring back memories/etc.

badpixie
08-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Why not dance to some old school hip hop? Classic rock works on middle aged guys in "white" clubs, so I'd imagine middle aged guys in hip hop clubs would appreciate hearing old favorites.

And Susan is right on with the underground stuff, too.

Embyr
08-14-2007, 01:57 AM
alright- along with the jay-z/lp mashups, i also downloaded this interesting gem.... static-x and dead prez??? "(it's bigger than) hip hop." AWESOME!!! i'll probably end up using it as workout music instead, but it was a fun jaunt through blurring genres... ;D

so: my current playlist for the club includes

dialated peoples:
proper propaganda
the platform
work the angles
back again
center of attention (w/ souls of mischief)

slick rick
bedtime story (hehe i LURve story tracks...)
the ruler
(and has anyone noticed that "sitting in my car" bears a... *ahem* resemblence to SOAD's "hypnotize??" as in, Rick deserves a credit...???)
Sexual Healing Remix (w/ snoop dogg. yeah. i AM playing snoop in the lbc... i suck.)

jurassic-5
what's golden
quality control (good set here)

dead prez
propaganda
mind sex (uhhhhh so sexy)
(i would play a lot more of their stuff... i really like & respect this group, but unfortunately, enough n-words and i don't think i'm 'qualified' to play it.... nor do i find it appropriate/in good taste for an sc.)

hieroglyphics
fantasy island
classic
shift shape (love this & previous track as a set... mmm)
heatish
you lost

digable planets
9th Wonder
Rebirth of Slick (the "cool like that" song :D )

aesop rock *i LOVE LOVE LOVE this man....*
fast cars (most funky track i've heard in a long time... i recently discovered this artist... also- the music vid is pop-up book scenes...how cool!!!!)
big bang
no regrets (another story track)
(i wish more of his stuff was danceable rather than stuff that made me want to fuck his brain.)
any other tracks that are strip-y???? i can't find any...

atmosphere ahah the king of intelligent white-boy tweaker hip hop.//:P
i downloaded a shitload of his stuff and i'm still picking through it....
some is a little angry and chauvinistic for my taste.

blackalicious seeing this man live is... the most amazing experience ever.
World of Vibrations
Clockwork
Paragraph President
Powers
Rhythm Sticks
Deception (I am SO surprised this track isn't mainstream as shit...)

so... any other suggestions>??????? thanks!! :smellie_k

DJ Maimed
08-14-2007, 04:22 AM
awesome ideas- and yeah, i know some mashy stuff.... ;D

what about more reggae-ish songs?? Something like "Yell Fire" by Michael Franti and Spearhead??? It's both slow and rhythmic enough for me, but upbeat/fun....

GOOd- thank you!!! i'm sure someone will appreciate a white girl dancin' to slick rick... ;D old school stuff might be fun to play, bring back memories/etc.

Might I suggest Pato Banton as an old school reggae act to check out. A good song to give ya a taste would be "Absolute Perfection".

And....give a look for an album entitled "A Reggae Tribute To The Police"...some good bands and cool covers which would work in either club!

LatinaRose
08-14-2007, 10:56 AM
If you want old school, try Digital Underground - Freaks of the Industry. I love dancing to that song, it's hot! I haven't listened to a lot of the songs on your list, but I'd be worried that some of them aren't sexy enough. Gotta keep the sexy.

Embyr
08-14-2007, 12:57 PM
^^^^ I know what you mean, LR- that's why these specific tracks were selected (they were definitely not random)... they all have very rhythmic beats, funky, slower, chill... I couldn't dance to most of the other stuff by these artists, as much as I liked them. I will definitely check out your suggestion, as well as the one by DJ Maimed. Thank you guys!!!

Nicolina
08-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I'd definitely go with some of the underground hip-hop. Also, consider some old-school soul and R&B to appeal to the older guys in the crowd.

Embyr
08-14-2007, 03:11 PM
^good thinking... esp. if i pull a dayshift or two there..... ;)

Nicolina
08-14-2007, 06:25 PM
^y'know, dayshifts there might not be so bad, especially if the crowd does tend toward older...Of course, I'm basing that on absolutely nothing except blind conjecture. I admit I'm very curious to know how it's going for you there!

blaze_n_hot
08-14-2007, 10:00 PM
I think you would like these songs.

"Hip Hop" - Dead Prez
"Go" - Common
"Drugs" - Lil' Kim
"Spottiottiedopalicious" - Outkast
"Break You Off" - The Roots
"Kiss" - Prince

That Spearhead song irks me! I don't know why, but I hate hate hate it! My friends all like that song, but the guy's voice makes me shudder.

Bob_Loblaw
08-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Check out Classified (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBw1qqDyWVQ). Canada does have some half decent hip hop artists.

Djoser
08-14-2007, 11:25 PM
If you want old school, try Digital Underground - Freaks of the Industry.

Great song! And, as usual, it was a dancer that turned me on to it a while back.

Try this 'You can do it (put your back into it it)' Ice Cube. And the lyrics certainly fit the situation, lol...

Maybe some Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang, Outkast?

Another great Old School song in my mind is 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous', by Lost Boyz.

Embyr, from what I've seen you have a very fine ass, and I'd much prefer to see a smaller ass shaking than a bigger one anyway. If they get too big and start shaking I literally cannot look anywhere near the stage, it's like getting slapped in the face. The finest booty shakers I have seen, and I've seen a lot of them, did not have big fucking booties. So relax.

Good luck with the music situation. You can do it...

Corgan
08-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Imo whether you a white girl or black girl or black girl that looks white....id want you to dance to Hip Hop or R & B music...im not a fan of rock music and plus it kills the whole vibe for me.

i'm the opposite... getting a lapdance to the yingyang twins isn't as good as a dance by depeche mode :) just my 2 cents.

Corgan
08-15-2007, 12:05 AM
i agree with whoever said prince.

i'm a rockergirl with a secret crush on prince songs... i dance to prince to mix things up... but mostly i'm a queen or bowie kinda girl these days ;]

LatinaRose
08-15-2007, 08:11 AM
If you wanna do Prince, dance to Erotic City. I think it's his sexiest song and it still has a good beat, so the crowd will like it.

Djoser
08-15-2007, 11:47 AM
i'm the opposite... getting a lapdance to the yingyang twins isn't as good as a dance by depeche mode :) just my 2 cents.

Agreed. I haven't gotten dances since way back when I started DJing, and I rarely got them even before, but most newer hip-hop wouldn't be nearly as good for the mood if I were to get them. I would flat out refuse a dance to 50cent, for instance, lol...

Embyr
08-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Well- Everyone gave me a lot to work with here, so I thought I'd give people some feedback after I downloaded it all. ;D

Prince's Erotic City is awesome- a girl at my other club dances to it, so I will probably end up stealing it for this one.

I think someone already took the mashup of Jay-z and LP... but I will take the HENDRIX and Jay-z mashup..... it rocks!!!! NIN and the Beatles for the other club.... "come closer... together...." is GREAT!!!" thank you for suggesting mashups, LR and JAy Zeno.

Bob Loblaw, Classified is indeed talented, but he's a little fast to dance to... I put him in the "workout music" category.

DJ Maimed- Pato Banton is fun!! I like the song you recommended and might play it, especially if I work a dayshift. That might be fun in a set with that "bom, bom" song....

Blaze_n_Hot- geez, sorry you don't like Michael Franti & Spearhead. I DO like "hip hop" by Dead Prez, (hahah and I put the remix by Static-X into "workout music) but like I mentioned before, anything that has too many gangster-y references is a no-no.... there WAS a shooting at my club a few months ago (like, 6?) and it's been fine since then, they kinda screen at the door now and don't allow some of the banger element in, tightened up security, etc., but I don't wanna test the waters. I like Mind Sex by DP the best...
I heard "Go" by Common... not quite my style.... also, a lot of common's stuff is about growing up black in his neighborhood... and i can't pull that off with a straight face.
I do like the Roots and will get more of their stuff.
Any song called "drugs..." I can't do. sorry.
Outkast could be cool- I have to give their lesser-known stuff a listen and see.

Djoser- Yes, I'll probably play Bonita Applebaum by TCQ- I LOVE them but unfortunately they are not quite "strippy" enough... lyrics are great but you need some memorable beats as well.
Wu-Tang... erm... probably not.
As for the "back into it...." sorry.... but I'd look simply ridiculous... I'm a fairly slow/sensual dancer.... I am NoT necessarily looking to even SHAke my butt... I have enough other tricks, if I finally figure out how to do it, fine, if not, that's fine too.

Let me add Gangstarr's "Mass Appeal" to the list. good track.
and LR... you REAlllly need to listen to 'mind sex' by Dead Prez... i think you'd like it a lot.... ermm.... as long as they cut it off before the 3:30 mark when they get into the "you're a black rose" repetition.... ::)

Agreed. I haven't gotten dances since way back when I started DJing, and I rarely got them even before, but most newer hip-hop wouldn't be nearly as good for the mood if I were to get them. I would flat out refuse a dance to 50cent, for instance, lol...

... the day i play yin-yang twins... heheh and THis is why i make a notable distinction between 'hip-hop' and 'mainstream rap.'

Embyr
08-15-2007, 06:54 PM
And I MUST post this link to Aesop Rock's Fast Cars.... people really seemed to like this... and the video IS one of the best I've seen in forever- based on pop-up book scenes!! The beat is soooooo sexy..... mmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLbcxcVcZks

LatinaRose
08-15-2007, 07:14 PM
and LR... you REAlllly need to listen to 'mind sex' by Dead Prez... i think you'd like it a lot.... ermm.... as long as they cut it off before the 3:30 mark when they get into the "you're a black rose" repetition.... ::)
'

I will, thanks for the suggestion! If I think of anything else that would suit your situation, I'll put it in this thread. :)

Wait, you don't like Ying Yang Twins?!?! I love them! I told my boyfriend he has to pay them to perform at my birthday party one year, lol.

ETA: I have another suggestion for you. Rock Star - R. Kelly, Ludacris, Kid Rock. Kinda slow, but good for daytime or if it's not that busy. Definitely a HOT song!

Embyr
08-15-2007, 07:19 PM
^^ hheheh for a danceclub? or a birthday party? yin yang twins are great! i just couldn't strip to something that goes, 'beat the pussy up....' :-\ but are they fun? 'course!

cool- i'll check out rock star...

StarrGrrrl
08-15-2007, 08:53 PM
You like Hiroglyphics, Del, and Dan the Automator?!?!?!?

*slaps you high five*

Yeah...

Tribe- "Left my wallet in el segundo" (SP?)... "Vibrant Thing"...

How about The Roots- "The Seed" (LOOOOVE that song)

Pharcyde- "Passin' me by"

LatinaRose
08-15-2007, 09:48 PM
^^Mmmm, I love that Roots song!

Lol at "beat the pussy up".

blaze_n_hot
08-16-2007, 12:38 AM

Omg, I love those songs. I'm using these next time!

Embyr, "Hip Hop" is usually a money maker with a younger crowd. The rebellious college types love it, and so do the D boys. (I used it today for my last set, and had a white collar type head bobbing and mouthing the lyrics!) Even though I can understand why you wouldn't use the Lil' Kim song, I love it. LOL, I usually pair it with Rick James' "Mary Jane" for a laugh. ;D

I know this is random, but I once saw a white girl dance to the Dead Prez song "I'm an African". She actually pulled it off!

Melvis
08-16-2007, 01:59 AM
If I WERE to play hip-hop, it wouldn't be danceclubby stuff... I just wanna make sure that the little white girl dancing to Blackalicious or Hieroglyphics or Aceyalone or J-5 isn't gonna be stared at cock-eyed... what do you suggest?????

SWEET MOTHER OF GAWD... If I'm ever at a club and hear this kinda' music, I'm droppin' $20s and $50s like they're going outta' style to whoever's dancing! *swooooooooooon* :cloud9:

Some thoughts/ideas that haven't been mentioned:

Lords of the Underground - Chief Rocka
Jeru the Damaja - Da Bichez (just for the sheer irony... *heh*)
Casual - I Didn't Mean To
Black Sheep - La Menage
Anotha Level - Don't Stimulate

(on a more neo-soul/funk tip)
Brand New Heavies - Brother Sister

If you dig any of those (or can't find them and need them), hit me up... I can hook ya' up with way more ish. It'd be an honor. ^_^

Embyr
08-16-2007, 04:18 AM

*slaps you high five*

Yeah...

I know both "the seed" and "left my wallet" and had forgotten about them!! the EL Segundo song would be especially funny seeing as how El segundo is really close to me. :P Pharcyde has some pretty cool tracks, thank you! and thanks for reminding me, too, about Del the funky homosapien.... I have never heard of Dan the Automator but I will check him out!

And Melvis, I will definitely check out your recommendations and get back to you- I have never heard of any of these artists, minus lords of the underground, can't wait to try new stuff!!!

JustJayda
08-17-2007, 10:57 AM

*slaps you high five*

Yeah...

How about The Roots- "The Seed" (LOOOOVE that song)Pharcyde- "Passin' me by"

Ahhh, Awesome, love that Cody Chestnut remake!

Nicolina
08-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Black Sheep - La Menage

Ooooooo...Black Sheep! Embyr, look for "The Choice is Yours (Revisted)" You might like.

I don't think these would count as "underground" hip-hop, but here's some kinda old-school stuff that might work for you:

"Tennessee" - Arrested Development
The Girl Tried to Kill Me - Ice-T
Freedom of Speech - Ice-T
Playaz Club - Rappin 4-Tay
Love's Gonna Getcha - KRS-One & Boogie Down Productions (if you like story tracks, this is good!)
Regulate - Warren G
Scenario - Tribe Called Quest
some old De La Soul? (can't think of any songs off the top of my head...)

If you wanna get REALLY old-school on them: Kurtis Blow (AJ Scratch!), LL Cool J (Imagine That or I'm That Type of Guy), Run-DMC, DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince???? Maybe some Grandmaster Flash?

A few random suggestions:

Jam On It - Newcleus (EXTREMELY old school, and more club music than hip-hop)
Let Me Ride - Dr. Dre (played out, I know, but still good...)
Bop Gun - Ice Cube (samples P-Funk, so you can't go wrong!)
The Freaks Come Out at Night (also going waaaayyy back. I'm blanking on the artist.)
Hi De Ho - K7 (I never did get sick of dancing to this song)
I'll Be There For You/You're all I need to get by - Method Man (mellow. nice for floorwork.)
Paid In Full (Mini Madness) [The Coldcut Remix] - Erik B. & Rakim. (old & obscure. But I love it because it uses the same bassline as the song "Don't Look Any Further" by Dennis Edwards)
Bust A Move - Young MC (extremely fun to dance to back in '91!)
Ends - Everlast. (white-boy hip-hop. I absolutely LOVE this song.)

Some old Shaggy? (Boombastic, maybe? I never got sick of dancing to that, either. "Luv Me Luv Me", "Angel", and the remix of "Sexy Body Girls" are also good.)

Also, what about going to the source and doing some old Parliament/P-Funk? It's all good...

I gotta say that if I was dancing over there with you, I would just HAVE to dance once to "Shut Up" (Trick Daddy feat. Deuce Poppito). Because there's a line that goes "...Ridin' around in my brand-new, 1999 4-door Volvo..." He makes "four-door" and "Volvo" rhyme, which is a neat trick. And y'know, being the Volvo-driving liberal that I am, this song just makes me feel so...gangsta. :P

Embyr
08-18-2007, 04:41 AM
OH MY!!!! ^^^^ I can't wait to give a listen, thank you soooooo much for all these suggestions!!! ;D *heads over to youtube and limewire* danke schoen!!

JustJayda
08-18-2007, 08:21 AM
some old De La Soul? (can't think of any songs off the top of my head...)

Ring, ring, ring & Saturdays & ohh f/ Redman are good ones;)

Embyr
08-18-2007, 09:27 AM
I downloaded about half (so far) of Nic & Melvis' recommendations... some great ones here!!!! thank you!!! and during my search I came upon some other terrific stuff too.... speaking of redman, "uh huh" is fun...

also, shabba ranks "murder she wrote" is great... along the same 'murder' lines I like Chamillionaire ft. Slick Rick- "Hip Hop Police".... but I think I'll keep that for workout music. I'm using a lot of Bubba Sparxxx (Comin' Round, Deliverance, Heat it Up, The Otherside ft. Petey Pablo)... and I like Atmosphere's Angelface.

ummm... i can't help it. I'm gonna play Young Joc's "coffee shop." :P Definitely not Aesop Rock, but I wanna lay claim to it in my non-hip hop club before anyone else does. :D

OH!!! who the heck does that "bom bom..." song??? slow, rhythmic, fun, kinda nonsense words.... but really catchy?

blaze_n_hot
08-19-2007, 04:01 AM
OH!!! who the heck does that "bom bom..." song??? slow, rhythmic, fun, kinda nonsense words.... but really catchy?

Sister Nancy - Bam Bam

Bob_Loblaw
08-19-2007, 01:30 PM
As far as The Roots go, I've always liked Can't Stop This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=terRELJ2-Vo)

Nicolina
08-19-2007, 01:41 PM
I downloaded about half (so far) of Nic & Melvis' recommendations... some great ones here!!!! thank you!!! and during my search I came upon some other terrific stuff too....

AWESOME!!!!! Yay, I was helpful! I'm so happy! ;D

Which ones did you like???

Farrah_Holiday
08-27-2007, 07:58 AM

You post made me chuckle..

I say go for the underground stuff, set yourself apart.It's not a BAD thing to be different. I usually play music that NOBODY has heard when I dance at any club but, I will throw in something others have heard before. from time to time..

You can also go old school on them..I make $$$$$$$ when I play Old School..Like when they hear "Bitches Aint't Shit But Hoes and Tricks...dadum,dadum..it gets everyone fired up then I kill em' with my stage show ! It shows you know music and can dance to it..the crowd appreciates that.

Farrah_Holiday
08-27-2007, 08:07 AM
You can always dance to rap/rock type music. 50 Cent and NIN's mash-up of Closer and In Da Club is a good example. Other than that, practice your booty shake! I've seen some little asses shakin hard, so everyone can do it. You just gotta practice more. Black guys love a white girl that can shake her ass.

I love it w/ they mix rap w/ NIN or any other type of music for that matter.
I danced in a competition using a Bad Boy song chopped up with NIN ! Man I made $$$ that night..It totally caught the crowd off guard ! The only messed up part of the evening was I FORGOT my damn cd..Of course when I asked the dj about it, he didn't know what happened to it..

Good music is like crack..;)

Christany
09-08-2007, 06:06 PM