PDA

View Full Version : Pole Stds????

Pages : [1] 2

ALGirl07
08-29-2007, 07:07 AM
A girl I know in town, and I always here about others, claim that you can get STDs from poles.....the clap has evidently been sticking to poles like glue.

I feel almost ridiculous asking this, but as a potential stripper, I figured someone would actually know the answer to this.....

Please keep in mind that the clubs that I would be dancing in, and the clubs that the "clap" girls work in....all various....are all only TOPLESS....not even contact lap dances.....so????

Any medical facts would be greatly appreciated!

Farrah_Holiday
08-29-2007, 07:13 AM
I'd only worry about that type of thing happening if I were dancing nude and were rubbing my crouch on the pole..If you're worried just use a hand towel w/ disinfectant on it to wipe it off.

Taylorlila
08-29-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm not really sure...I would think if it was topless that as long as nobody was dry humping the pole...it wouldnt be too big a risk...but I'm not exactly an expert. If yur that worried just don't put your puss on the pole.

britt244
08-29-2007, 09:59 AM
If yur that worried just don't put your puss on the pole.

dont EVER put it on the pole. worried or not. that's gross.

Bella21
08-29-2007, 10:08 AM
You shouldn't rub your pussy on the pole because it's effin' DIRTY! You'll get a yeast infection or something.

Unless the girl before you had an STD and rubbed herself on the pole so that it was WET and you went up and did the same thing while it was still wet... you'll be fine, STD-wise. So basically, no you're not going to catch an STD from the pole... but lots of girls at work think you can.

leilanicandy
08-29-2007, 10:16 AM
In Nursing I learn crabs jump six feet. That is not the only thing you can get from the pole. I reccomend you clean the pole. After each girl, the club seem to forget to!

Besides it will get the customers attention, they will wonder why you clean the pole.

Bella21
08-29-2007, 10:19 AM
^Would crabs jump onto the pole? Would they be able to stay there? It seems like you'd be more likely to get them from the floor.

My Dr told me that if the surface is dry (I had been freaked out about toilet seats), you won't catch anything. Which STD's are you talking about, Leilani?

cameron_keys
08-29-2007, 10:45 AM
chlamydia lives a long time and i was told you can indeed get it from surfaces..like the pole

Bella21
08-29-2007, 10:49 AM
^Hmm, maybe my Dr meant that when VIRUSES dry out, you can't get them... but bacteria can still live?

EDIT: Okay, I did some online searching... it looks like it is POSSIBLE (but extremely unlikely) to catch chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes, and crabs from toilet seats (so I'd put poles in that category). But, like it's been said, don't rub your bare pussy on the pole and clean it. Honestly, depending on your personal life, you'd be more likely to catch it from plain ol' sex.

242_fair
08-29-2007, 10:59 AM
chlamydia lives a long time and i was told you can indeed get it from surfaces..like the pole

This is 100% true and that info is straight from my Dr. :-\

I would not touch the pole with the pussy, and not touch the pussy with your hand after touching the pole.

Helle
08-29-2007, 11:09 AM
This makes me crazy.

If your doctor told you that you can get chlamydia from a brass pole, you need a new doctor. It IS possible to get these bacteria and virus from toilets or other surfaces that may be WET and HUMID and good breeding grounds for diseases... But even catching that shit on a toilet seat is pretty fucking rare. In fact, crabs would be the most likely you would catch from a seat.

The worst you are going to get from touching a dirty pole or dollar is a bad cold. If you're touching it with your pussy; a yeast infection, bladder infection... The vagina is a pretty sensitive place and you shouldn't being sticking it on ANYTHING that isn't clean, sanitized, or buying you a nice dinner first.

I promise you are not going to get herpes or gonorhea or any of the like from a stripper pole. Unless someone comes on here who SPECIFICALLY had that happen (and not a friend-of-a-friend story), I'm not buying it.

Snopes.com has about 2327 articles on this.

Dottie Rebel
08-29-2007, 11:15 AM
The vagina is a pretty sensitive place and you shouldn't being sticking it on ANYTHING that isn't clean, sanitized, or buying you a nice dinner first.

AMEN!

:D

Callyish
08-29-2007, 11:21 AM
No you can not get STDs from the pole.

You can however get a staph infection if you have an open cut... thats about the worse your looking to get. Just clean the pole with rubbing alcohol before you use it and life is peachy.

paintgoddess
08-29-2007, 12:49 PM
I've heard of staph infections getting passed around at clubs before. No STD's though.

At any rate, just clean the pole before you get on it, don't touch your pussy, and wash or sanitize your hands after you get off stage. I keep hand sanitizer in my locker because my new club doesn't have the spray sanitizer anymore in the dressing room. Whenever I stash money in my locker, that's when I sanitize my hands. I got tired of getting colds from work, and now that I work with a pole my hands feel greasy/dirty and just smell bad. bleh.

Taylorlila
08-29-2007, 01:16 PM
dont EVER put it on the pole. worried or not. that's gross.

duh. I wasn't advocating it...but some girls do dry hump the pole...I've seen it.

britt244
08-29-2007, 01:19 PM
^ i didnt say you were. i just was saying it because the op didnt seem to get that...

Taylorlila
08-29-2007, 01:29 PM
^

lol. okies. Speaking of this...I was at an all nude club last night...and alot of the girls would touch themselves...then the pole, and the stage, and the custies...ugh...I'm so glad I don't dance there.

teeth_of_the_hydra
08-29-2007, 01:47 PM
The worst you are going to get from touching a dirty pole or dollar is a bad cold. I

Um... what about Hepatitis A and E? Or, for that matter, any other disease contracted orofecally, including intestinal parasites?

Here's a TMI story for you: As a newbie stripper and incorrigible nail-biter who stupidly accepted tips in her mouth , I wound up with pinworms.

Moral: Wash your hands obsessively while at work, and don't let money get anywhere near your mouth, even indirectly. (I know we weren't talking about taking tips in one's mouth, but I want everyone to learn from my mistakes, even if it does entail a minor threadjack.)

As a nude dancer in a high-contact club (while having protected sex in what I believe was a monogamous relationship) I contracted chlamydia. Of course, condoms are not 100% effective, so I cannot prove that I contracted chlamydia at the club, but I suspect it.

Moral: Keep your pussy away from all surfaces.

BlueJeanBaby
08-29-2007, 02:00 PM
no, you will not get STD's from the pole. Unless you're suction cupping your kitty to the pole, or disassembling the pole and using it as a dildo shortly after someone else had been doing the same thing...I wouldn't worry about STD's.

I would worry about catching other more easily spread bacteria and viruses though.

Just clean the pole and don't stick your kitty to it.

lizlizliz
08-29-2007, 02:07 PM
if you rub your puss on the pole you deserve whatever stds come with it. sick.

britt244
08-29-2007, 02:21 PM
no, you will not get STD's from the pole. Unless you're suction cupping your kitty to the pole, or disassembling the pole and using it as a dildo shortly after someone else had been doing the same thing...I wouldn't worry about STD's.

damnit, that's what *i* do! stop giving away my secrets!

LoveSexMoney
08-29-2007, 02:26 PM
In Nursing I learn crabs jump six feet. That is not the only thing you can get from the pole. I reccomend you clean the pole. After each girl, the club seem to forget to!

Besides it will get the customers attention, they will wonder why you clean the pole.

Is this what nursing schools are teaching these days??? Crabs have 6 legs but they can NOT jump 6 feet!!!

nhutton19
08-29-2007, 02:28 PM
What do you clean the pole with after each set? I've heard of alcohol, any other suggestions?

KennedyWinters
08-29-2007, 02:34 PM
I think the only thing you can get is pimples on your butt, and thats from just dirt and sweat and crap. STDs are far too fragile to survive outside of their moist habitats. Unless you have direct sexual contact with another dancer who has something, you can't get an STD. Feel better? And even if you did get exposed to something- ALOT of disease is all in your head. The more you're thinking and stressing, avoiding and taking all these unecc. extra precautions the MORE likely you are to catch something. I just wash myself regularly throughout the night and don't sweat it.

teeth_of_the_hydra
08-29-2007, 02:34 PM
^^^My club provides Windex. It looks a little, I don't know, unsexy and matronly to start spraying and wiping, but it cleans the brass pretty well. I'm not sure about its bacteria-killing capacity, though.

BlueJeanBaby
08-29-2007, 02:35 PM
damnit, that's what *i* do! stop giving away my secrets!

I knew I couldn't be the only one....LOL

alenadowns
08-29-2007, 05:36 PM
PLEASE DO NOT USE WINDEX!!!!!!!

Windex is a sealant..it actually seals in the oils and leaves a residue that will cause a breakout on your skin!! It also deteriorates the pole after time....imaging what it will do to your skin!

People laughed at me when they saw my floor show video...I used a floor blanket! That was my germ barrier...I kept my hand sanitizer in my bag for floor shows.

I started dancing in 1987....I have NEVER had an infection, or STD from work.

8 Simple Rules:

1. Naked body NEVER touches the floor pole
2. Naked body NEVER touches the pole
3. Dirty hands NEVER touch the body....Keep hand sanitizer at the side of the stage if you have to!
4. After you check your cookie...WASH YOUR HANDS....AND NAILS.
5. After your show....WASH YOUR HANDS...use babywipes for your body.
6. G-String NEVER touches the floor....or the pole.
7. Never sit on a chair without a cloth on it...even if you have a gstring on
8. Always Clean Pole

Easy as that!

Yekhefah
08-29-2007, 05:47 PM
The vagina is a pretty sensitive place and you shouldn't being sticking it on ANYTHING that isn't clean, sanitized, or buying you a nice dinner first.

:laughing: Hear, hear! Well said!

I've heard a lot of suspicions, and was fired from one club last year because several dancers thought my yeast infection would be contagious via the pole (yes, really), but I honestly can't imagine how anyone would get VD from a pole. I've worked in a lot of different clubs, many of them extraordinarily trashy, and I've never seen anyone actually rubbing her bare vag against the pole. I mean, logistically, how would you do it? And why? You'd have to assume a fairly unflattering position in order to manage it.

greenidlady1
08-29-2007, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't put my genitalia on the pole either but for others that may be doing so Lysol would definately be my number one recommendation.

Christian*Doll*
08-29-2007, 10:03 PM
i have always assumed that you could catch std's from the pole/stage.aint nothing wrong with playing it safe.

Picaresque
08-29-2007, 10:54 PM
lol...one of my clubs had an amateur night last week, and one of the girls full-on licked the pole. blegh! I don't even want to think about what you could pick up from doing that.

Callyish
08-30-2007, 12:58 AM
PLEASE DO NOT USE WINDEX!!!!!!!

Windex is a sealant..it actually seals in the oils and leaves a residue that will cause a breakout on your skin!! It also deteriorates the pole after time....imaging what it will do to your skin!

People laughed at me when they saw my floor show video...I used a floor blanket! That was my germ barrier...I kept my hand sanitizer in my bag for floor shows.

I started dancing in 1987....I have NEVER had an infection, or STD from work.

8 Simple Rules:

1. Naked body NEVER touches the floor pole
2. Naked body NEVER touches the pole
3. Dirty hands NEVER touch the body....Keep hand sanitizer at the side of the stage if you have to!
4. After you check your cookie...WASH YOUR HANDS....AND NAILS.
5. After your show....WASH YOUR HANDS...use babywipes for your body.
7. Never sit on a chair without a cloth on it...even if you have a gstring on
8. Always Clean Pole

Easy as that!

Quoted for emphasis.

BlueJeanBaby
08-30-2007, 01:07 AM
lol...one of my clubs had an amateur night last week, and one of the girls full-on licked the pole. blegh! I don't even want to think about what you could pick up from doing that.

:O

What would make anyone think this is a good idea? And surely no one thought this was sexy..i would hope.

please tell me someone cleaned the pole after she put her dirty saliva all over it?

Mily
08-30-2007, 01:11 AM
^Have you even started working yet? LOL! At my old club I only saw them clean the pole like maybe TWICE while I was working there.

BlueJeanBaby
08-30-2007, 01:28 AM
^^ I'm going with a fellow SWer this weekend or early next week to check out Pink Cabaret :) I'm excited!!! We'll probably give a full report on it afterwards..

(I dunno if you remember the whole Bombshells thing but I went there and it turns out it has turned into a major extras club so that was out, I even had the manager warning me about some of the girls...I turned tail and ran lol)

I've got my gear, my obstacle is my family...I have to use their cars. My father checks the gas mileage on the cars, so I needed to find a good cover to explain driving out there. (I think i've found one, btw, right by Pink Cabaret so it's pefect)

In the meantime I've been doing pole dancing at a studio to prepare myself while I've been looking for a good cover. We clean the pole constantly.

This disgusting pole talk has got me paranoid about the clubs :O

cameron_keys
08-30-2007, 09:49 AM

She has watched Showgirls one too many times!LOL!

Alaska
08-31-2007, 02:52 AM
Um... what about Hepatitis A and E? Or, for that matter, any other disease contracted orofecally, including intestinal parasites?

Here's a TMI story for you: As a newbie stripper and incorrigible nail-biter who stupidly accepted tips in her mouth , I wound up with pinworms.

Moral: Wash your hands obsessively while at work, and don't let money get anywhere near your mouth, even indirectly. (I know we weren't talking about taking tips in one's mouth, but I want everyone to learn from my mistakes, even if it does entail a minor threadjack.)

As a nude dancer in a high-contact club (while having protected sex in what I believe was a monogamous relationship) I contracted chlamydia. Of course, condoms are not 100% effective, so I cannot prove that I contracted chlamydia at the club, but I suspect it.

Moral: Keep your pussy away from all surfaces.

Could you explain this a little more? Or not. I'd understand. (the top part.)

DancerNTampa
08-31-2007, 04:58 AM
I have worked at a high-contact, full-nude club for almost my entire "career" and have never heard such crazy talk! lol...

the only thing i ever hear about going around the club is the occasional flu or common cold. (which i am recovering from :( )

my club provides clorox wipes and MOST of the chicks use em. but think about all the other surfaces we all share and dont wipe down...

we have hand rails around the top of the stage...those never get wiped im sure
the handrail entering/exiting the stage
door knobs

and what about those of us who smoke? i know i dont wash my hands BEFORE i smoke usually...and thats pretty much direct contact with my hands and mouth.

i suspect thats how i got my cold, because i wash my hands constantly.

i missed a whole weeks worth of work! grr...but i was burned out really bad and i suppose it was a nice little vacay! ;D

Bella21
08-31-2007, 06:03 PM
She has watched Showgirls one too many times!LOL!

Dammit, I was going to say that! :(

Optimist
08-31-2007, 07:23 PM
You can get HERPES folks! Don't believe me?! Turns out there is a mild but highly contagious form that athletes tend to get on their skin from their workout equipment. So clean those mitts and if you get raised discolored spots on your skin--get some athletes foot spray or oter antifungal treatment. There was a funky breakout of simple herpes at a local high school (Nutley NJ) from the wrestling mats.

Alaska
08-31-2007, 08:33 PM
ohhh cuuuuuute. NJ! When was that? From right next to Nutley...heard of tapeworms and whatnot from wrestling mats....so they got in on their skin right? like arms or what?

http://thissuitisnotblack.blogspot.com/2006/12/high-school-wrestling-sparks-herpes.html

Optimist
08-31-2007, 10:16 PM
^^^^^Thank you for the link! That's what I was referring to.

ALGirl07
09-17-2007, 04:22 PM
What do you clean the pole with after each set? I've heard of alcohol, any other suggestions?

actually, i've heard that alcohol doesn't kill, only clean the area....honestly...if you want something dead.....use bleach.....i've worked in the piercing industry for a while now....and everything is cleaned first with bleach, and then a second time with specialized cleansers *that doesn't include alcohol*.....however, i know many girls wouldn't want to ruin their outfits with bleach, plus, the whole place would smell even more bazaar than most already do....moral of the story....pole is gross

Vivacious
09-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Okay, what about dancing on customers laps after they've gotten a dance from someone else? Can this be dangerous?

cameron_keys
09-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Okay, what about dancing on customers laps after they've gotten a dance from someone else? Can this be dangerous?

The chances you will catch somethng are pretty damn slim. If anyone is that paranoid..then try to find an airdance club.

Unfortunately..this job does carry some health risks. We touch surfaces that are unclean..more importantly we touch each other and custies. You can catch things that are very easily transmittable like ringworm....

Habinairo
09-19-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't care about catching it or not, what the truth is, my Dj's, always have a bottle of alcohol to soak a cloth in for me and another dancer and we wipe down the poles before we go on each time. Cuz, with all the nomads coming here, no offense anyone, BUT, you never know. And Purell, is my best friend on my ass, legs, hands and arms. Sorry, I may be paranoid, but simple viruses, from what I've learned, can live for up to 3 days on a surface. Ick

AlexxaHex
09-19-2007, 07:17 PM
I contracted something called molloscum (sp?) from work... basically it's a wart type thing that can spread if not treated right away. It can be sexually transmitted also, and even children can get it from public pools. It lives in water.

teeth_of_the_hydra
09-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Could you explain this a little more? Or not. I'd understand. (the top part.)

Yes, I can, and I probably should, because I wasn't very clear in my first post. I did not actually get anything from touching the pole, or at least, I don't think so. It's actually pretty hard to pinpoint where and how I contracted anything. All I know is, I was working at the club, and I got pinworms. Had never had them before in my life. It was pretty unpleasant, to say the least, as you can imagine ass worms are. Anyway, it makes sense to reason that I got them at work, as I was not hypervigilant about handwashing, and I accepted tips in my mouth :-[ Plus, in the club, you are touching a great deal of things touched by lots and lots of people in a setting where hand-washing, or cleanliness in general, is not emphasized (unlike a medical office, say, or even a restaurant).

As for chlamydia: when I was diagnosed positively and I told my doctor I was mystified, we did that whole questionnaire thing to try to determine how I had gotten it. She asked if I frequented public saunas, steambaths, jacuzzis, etc. I said no. She asked if I was ever in a setting where my genitals would come into contact, directly or indirectly, with the genitals of strangers. I told her I was a nude dancer at a high-contact club. She conceded that transmission this way was possible, though not very likely. However, I can see no other way I would have gotten it-- really! For once in my life, I was not slutting it up... I wouldn't lie to you guys.

As for information on the life of hepatitis, as well as the transmission of intestinal parasites, click these links:

http://www.unm.edu/~shc1/hepatitis-b.html
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/common_faqs.htm (This site does not agree with the first one, although they're both reputable sources. I'm going to err in the side of caution and continue on with my happy, if overblown, mysophobia ;) )
http://www.webmd.com/hepatitis/digestive-diseases-preventing-hepatitis
http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/infections/parasitic/pinworm.html
http://www.cdc.gov/NCIDOD/dpd/parasites/pinworm/factsht_pinworm.htm

Vivacious
09-20-2007, 11:24 AM

Alena, I have always tossed my g-string on the floor after taking it off as part of my routine. If you're on the stage, where are you supposed to put it?? I guess I could take it off backstage between sets, but are there any alternatives?

Thanks for all your advice!

alenadowns
09-20-2007, 01:52 PM
There are lots of options to ensure your gstring doesnt touch the floor......

1. Put it in your bag...every girl brings one on stage..purse..stage bag...whatever
2. Clip ones....Tie it to your leg..opposite of the one you normally use on the pole.
3. Take it off between sets in the back
4. Ask the club for a beer jug...put your clothing in the jug when you remove it...realistically it is not alot of clothing!
5. Wrap it in the costume you just took off...ensuring the crotch does not hit the floor.
6. If you use pull ons..wear a garter as part of the costume...and tuck the gstring into it.

Most of the time...gstrings hit the floor in the dancer's changeroom. Usually girls are in too much of a hurry...pulling things out of their bags, and dumping them on the floor.