PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break

Pages : [1] 2

slims099
09-05-2007, 08:48 PM
For the Guys...

How often do you guys go to strip clubs? Do you ever feel like you have to take a break from your ATF and/or club and just not go for a month or two? Have you ever done that? I'm an extreme regular at my club I go to and know almost everyone there, but it's just hard to NOT go for some reason. The ATF isn't the problem and keeps things interesting and spontaneous, but it's just getting redundant and I believe I'm gonna break for awhile.

Not to mention THE FINANCES, and THE ALCOHOL. The finances aren't nearly a problem as me drinking 3-4 nights a week. I'm getting better at budgeting and being responsible with my money, and I figure the less I go, obviously the more I can spend when I go. But the alcohol is getting to me, I really need to quit for awhile and just stay on lots of good liquids like water and juice.

Anyway, enough of the babbling. How often do you guys go? Do you ever feel like you have to take a break for awhile? and is it difficult for you to take a break, if you feel addicted in some way?

yoda57us
09-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I don't plan breaks, they just happen. I go through periods of going to clubs a lot and then I may go weeks or a month or more without going at all. I don't drink so the drinking three or four nights a week isn't an issue but I can see how it could be.
As far as the money...never spend the milk money, you really won't enjoy yourself.

azdd
09-05-2007, 10:57 PM
How often do you guys go to strip clubs?

I generally go 2 or 3 times a month, but this is often a function of how often my job takes me to where my favorite clubs are. If I start getting junkie withdrawal symptoms, I'll hit a club in my hometown, but this has become less and less common for me.

Do you ever feel like you have to take a break from your ATF and/or club and just not go for a month or two?

I'm on a "break" from my ATF right now, mostly due to very few recent trips to her area. I let her know in advance that I wouldn't be in for probably a couple of months. It has been a hiatus that I want to end SOON.

But the alcohol is getting to me, I really need to quit for awhile and just stay on lots of good liquids like water and juice.

I only occasionally drink, so this is not an issue for me, but I respect the fact that you are recognizing what might be turning into excess intake, and trying to do something about it. Good luck, seriously!

Although alcohol is not an issue for me, money spent is. It's not that I can't afford it, I could afford MUCH more playtime if I let myself, but I have developed a nasty habit of carefully tracking my spending in clubs which has made it harder for me to just indulge in many dances without a little adding maching clicking away in my head. It's not that I don't think the dancers are worth it, my regular faves are all tremendous entertainers and I love paying them for great LDs, but I still feel guilty for not using these funds for some other productive (read boring) purpose like a tax deferred investment.....

bem401
09-06-2007, 06:32 AM
For the Guys...

How often do you guys go to strip clubs? Do you ever feel like you have to take a break from your ATF and/or club and just not go for a month or two? Have you ever done that? I'm an extreme regular at my club I go to and know almost everyone there, but it's just hard to NOT go for some reason. The ATF isn't the problem and keeps things interesting and spontaneous, but it's just getting redundant and I believe I'm gonna break for awhile.

Not to mention THE FINANCES, and THE ALCOHOL. The finances aren't nearly a problem as me drinking 3-4 nights a week. I'm getting better at budgeting and being responsible with my money, and I figure the less I go, obviously the more I can spend when I go. But the alcohol is getting to me, I really need to quit for awhile and just stay on lots of good liquids like water and juice.

Anyway, enough of the babbling. How often do you guys go? Do you ever feel like you have to take a break for awhile? and is it difficult for you to take a break, if you feel addicted in some way?

My situation might be a little different than most guys because I live within 5 minutes of a half-dozen major stripclubs. I find myself very near these clubs several times a week if not every day. I "forced" myself to learn how to keep things under control when I visited by resolving to drink less or not at all and to only bring that amount of money I was comfortable spending on that particular visit. One thing I did notice is that the money doesn't flow as freely when you are sober and it is easier to keep the visits short. You might try those tactics. It is not uncommon nowadays for me to visit clubs 2 or 3 times a week and stay for an hour or so and then be on my way. I might also go two or three weeks without stopping in. In many regards though, I really don't see these places quite the same as I used to because I stop in now because I know who should be there ( girls, staff, and sometimes customers ) and I don't allow myself to get swept up in the scene.

xdamage
09-06-2007, 07:00 AM
My visits have been very limited the past few years. I have kids that are in college and while that doesn't completely drain the extra money, even with what was saved for that most of my extra money has gone to that. Plus I'm saving for a new toy car. Between those expenses and everyday life expenses, and other misc expenses, SCs are very low on list of things to do. Perhaps in December I'll take a short Vegas trip and visit a club. Depends on what else is going on.

It's your money, do what you want with it. I think as long as you take care of higher priorities first, save some for life's inevitable emergencies, and realize that if you spend money on SCs you won't have it to spend on something else, it's all good.

But if it helps any, SCs are a very expensive entertainment at $20+ every 2-3 minutes relative to many other types of entertainment. It's not like buying an entertainment thing that you can take home and re-use over and over (e.g., a book, a CD, computer equipment, etc.). And it's not hard to burn up enough in an hour or two in a VIP room to more then pay for a flight and room for a night or two at a vacation spot. For $100 you could enjoy Kobe beef, or a 2lb lobster at a good restaurant. Even if these other forms of entertainment don't attract you as much as SCs, it can still be useful to keep it in the back of your mind that there are other ways that you could spend that money, almost all of which would cost you less and/or last longer. And if you're one of those guys who goes for the conversation, a night sit drinking at a crowded bar will cost you a lot less then SC (and if your open to it, you can probably find some woman to talk with, even if she is not dressed like a dancer). Anyway the point is if you think you are spending too much, try to put what the SC visits cost you in perspective. There are lots of other ways you could spend YOUR money, and chances are you can find somethings that cost far less, and that you'll enjoy.

Svelt
09-06-2007, 11:55 AM
For the Guys...

How often do you guys go to strip clubs?

Depends, right now about once a week. Sometimes 3 times a week, sometimes once a month, and sometimes once every 6 months. Over the years I find it changes, without logic.

Do you ever feel like you have to take a break from your ATF and/or club and just not go for a month or two?

Okay the word "have" rings all sorts of warning bells. In the past yes I have felt this way, and yes I have taken the break. The SC can be addictive and managing that can be difficult. There are favs and there is the ATF. The ATF and I went otc long ago, and retain an explosive if not destructive relationship, currently in hiatus, but it could resume at any time. We are that fucked up. I found that after a few months away some girls have hunted me down otc, and others are very appreciative when I returned to the club.

Have you ever done that?

Yes, breaks are good, they help you gain perspective, and help others do the same.

and is it difficult for you to take a break, if you feel addicted in some way?

Yes, sometimes its hard, and yes sometimes I have felt completely and utterly addicted.

doc-catfish
09-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Not go for a month or two? Hell, thats SOP for me, and the way the home club has been running lately, going without for that long has never been easier.

Granted, a 50 mile drive and $3.00/gallon gas helps quell the urge.

slims099
09-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Not go for a month or two? Hell, thats SOP for me, and the way the home club has been running lately, going without for that long has never been easier.

Granted, a 50 mile drive and $3.00/gallon gas helps quell the urge.

I'm always making excuses for myself. Like for instance, tonight is the Colts/Saints game and I wanna go out to the club to watch it, but I know if I drink i'll blow $100 or more. Can't do that right now. My friend even called me and said he's out there already (6:45 CST now, starts in 45 minutes), so I REALLY wanna go, plus I know my ATF will text and tell me she's there, or at least I'm sure she'll work tonight.

Gheepers, just gotta stay home and watch it like a boring boring person, ha.

FBR
09-06-2007, 05:08 PM
The only significant break I have taken was a 9 month hiatus after some serious drama with my Indy ATF. Otherwise, going or not going has been driven by available play money funds and/or my schedule.

Nothing wrong with taking a break if you believe you have reason to do so.

FBR

slims099
09-06-2007, 05:27 PM
The only significant break I have taken was a 9 month hiatus after some serious drama with my Indy ATF. Otherwise, going or not going has been driven by available play money funds and/or my schedule.

Nothing wrong with taking a break if you believe you have reason to do so.

FBR

Yeah why does everything have to be so dramatic? I wonder if they're like this in their own relationships with their husband? Like I've had major drama with my ATF to the point where she's told me to never text or call her again, and vice versa... yet we're fine now... only known her like 8-9 months. Oh well, doesn't matter.

Mastridonicus
09-06-2007, 05:48 PM
I've never looked at it as something I need to take a break from.

I think once you need to call it "a break" from it, you've already invested too much.

SCing is ONE more method of relaxation for me. Even when I "worked" in them. Why take a break from a break? :D

FBR
09-06-2007, 06:02 PM
^^ Well stated. And sage advise.

But emotional entanglements do happen. I've only had two. One is ancient history. The other is ongoing. And they can be exhilarating.

FBR

mdiver
09-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah why does everything have to be so dramatic? I wonder if they're like this in their own relationships with their husband? Like I've had major drama with my ATF to the point where she's told me to never text or call her again, and vice versa... yet we're fine now... only known her like 8-9 months. Oh well, doesn't matter.

I think that you should only be getting drama from her if you are paying her to give you drama. If you are giving her drama I would have to say that it sounds like you are too emotionally involved.

Katrine
09-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Why do you keep prefacing your posts with "For the Guys"? Do female customers simply not count? What about pure custies like myself and lif opaw? Sexist, for shame.

slims099
09-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Why do you keep prefacing your posts with "For the Guys"? Do female customers simply not count? What about pure custies like myself and lif opaw? Sexist, for shame.

Haha...... to make you mad!! Just kidding. I asked cause its a guy thing and guys think completely different and are wired different than women... I kinda relate to them better. Say what you want, I don't care.

Katrine
09-07-2007, 10:30 PM
What about lesbians?

Mastridonicus
09-07-2007, 10:58 PM
^^ Well stated. And sage advise.

But emotional entanglements do happen. I've only had two. One is ancient history. The other is ongoing. And they can be exhilarating.

FBR

Exactly, I just strive, in all my relaxing activities, that negative feelings are annexed or fixed immediately so my relaxing time stays that. If I grow emotionally entangled, as soon as it's not fun and I realize it? I seek to resolve so I can get back to the fun. As with all things!

What about lesbians?

The great equalizer.... :D

slims099
09-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Well shit I went tonight, but spent $40, so that's good, and didn't drink much at all. Guess I sort of accomplished my goal, but gotta just fuckin quit going there. There's other bars in my area, need to go to them instead!

Saw the ATF. She thinks I'm ignoring her but that's not the real intention, as opposed to just not spending in general.

bem401
09-08-2007, 06:16 AM
Well shit I went tonight, but spent $40, so that's good, and didn't drink much at all. Guess I sort of accomplished my goal, but gotta just fuckin quit going there. There's other bars in my area, need to go to them instead.

Didn't you say alcohol was at least a big of a problem as the finances? Going to other bars will do nothing to address that, in fact, it may make it worse since you undoubtedly will get more alcohol for your buck there.

If finances are a problem, you should avoid the SC's. If alcohol is the problem, you should avoid bars or, to the extent you can, drinking while you are in a bar.

slims099
09-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Didn't you say alcohol was at least a big of a problem as the finances? Going to other bars will do nothing to address that, in fact, it may make it worse since you undoubtedly will get more alcohol for your buck there.

If finances are a problem, you should avoid the SC's. If alcohol is the problem, you should avoid bars or, to the extent you can, drinking while you are in a bar.

Therapy is next, lol.

Yea my health is more important than money. And you're right I should avoid it all together. Tough.

Katrine
09-08-2007, 01:17 PM
If addiction is a possibility, there are 12 step groups for sex addicts, sex and love addicts, and obviously, alcoholics...

bem401
09-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Therapy is next, lol.

Yea my health is more important than money. And you're right I should avoid it all together. Tough.

Due to a very serious health scare several years ago, I was advised by my doctors that regular consumption of alcohol was not in my best interest. Now I was never a really heavy drinker in the first place, but I had my moments. Stopping was abolutely no problem. I now have maybe a couple of drinks a month. I have noticed a few things in my clarity. I spend less on dances. A lot less. And the people who populate these establishments, dancers and customers alike, are a whole lot less interesting and amusing when you are sober and they are half in the bag. But I suppose that holds true in a lot more places than just the SC's.

yoda57us
09-08-2007, 06:34 PM
I stopped drinking in clubs very shortly after I discovered the full-contact Lap Dance. Unlimited boobage in the face combined with unlimited alcohol consumption just didn't work for me. I started having a lot more fun when I was sober and patient about looking for the right girls to spend my money on...

slims099
09-08-2007, 09:39 PM
All of you have wonderful ideas and the best idea for me is to pay down some credit card debt, quit drinking so much, and chill on the clubs awhile. Thanks fellas.

yoda57us
09-09-2007, 06:45 AM
All of you have wonderful ideas and the best idea for me is to pay down some credit card debt, quit drinking so much, and chill on the clubs awhile. Thanks fellas.

It sounds like you are on the right track, best of luck to you.

Bob_Loblaw
09-09-2007, 09:29 AM
I started having a lot more fun when I was sober and patient about looking for the right girls to spend my money on...

Absolutely true. My enjoyment of strip clubs increased dramatically after I switched to a juice bar club. Not to mention, the bottled water was a hell of a lot healthier for me.

Yes, I've also taken breaks from strip clubs. Sometimes due to finances, sometimes due to drama, sometimes because it's gotten boring. I can go months at a time without stepping foot in the home club. I admit, there are times when it's hard to resist the urge to go. Occasionally, I'll cheat and visit another (distant) club for a while but limit my stay for half an hour or so. It helps to scratch my itch and I don't have to worry about the same attachments that keep me hooked to my home club.

bem401
09-09-2007, 04:23 PM

Best of luck to you. Hope you manage to bring things under control and devise a way to keep things that way.

evan_essence
09-10-2007, 09:06 PM
All of you have wonderful ideas and the best idea for me is to pay down some credit card debt, quit drinking so much, and chill on the clubs awhile. Thanks fellas.Well now I am really confused. I guess I should judge by the dates of the posts, but it doesn't seem clear to me which thread takes precedence in your line of thinking. Are you cutting out the clubbing or ramping up by seeking extras?

-Ev

slims099
09-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Well now I am really confused. I guess I should judge by the dates of the posts, but it doesn't seem clear to me which thread takes precedence in your line of thinking. Are you cutting out the clubbing or ramping up by seeking extras?

-Ev

LOL. I just implemented a new budget that I need to follow for at least the next year so that this debt will disappear. I'll go less to the clubs, and as far as extras, I'll try finding sex elsewhere ;D

mr_punk
09-14-2007, 10:06 PM
I now have maybe a couple of drinks a month. I have noticed a few things in my clarity. I spend less on dances. A lot less. And the people who populate these establishments, dancers and customers alike, are a whole lot less interesting and amusing when you are sober and they are half in the bag.i disagree. watching flaky, stoned strippers and drunk customers crash and burn is pretty amusing. hey, it's a lot more entertaining than watching the stage.

bem401
09-15-2007, 03:01 PM
i disagree. watching flaky, stoned strippers and drunk customers crash and burn is pretty amusing. hey, it's a lot more entertaining than watching the stage.

Yes, but in that case, you are laughing at them, not with them.

yoda57us
09-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Yes, but in that case, you are laughing at them, not with them.

You say that like it's a bad thing!;D

bem401
09-16-2007, 01:51 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing!;D

Not a bad thing but it can get old fast.

slims099
09-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know... jacking off when my ATF texts me to tell me she arrives at the club helps me not want to go as much LOL. Kinda relieves the anxiety/devil on my shoulder.

Bob_Loblaw
09-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Remind me to never borrow your phone

slims099
09-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Haha, im a wash-aholic, it's all good.

Svelt
09-20-2007, 04:44 PM
So slims099 how is the break going?

And the budget?

Kinda feeling like a fellow addict here, and dunno guess wanting to support...

slims099
09-22-2007, 03:57 PM
So slims099 how is the break going?

And the budget?

Kinda feeling like a fellow addict here, and dunno guess wanting to support...

It's going so-so. There is no real break because I went last night to say bye to a cool manager that was leaving. We did a shot. So that was friday, before that I was there Sunday, so thats a good 5 days.

IMO, it's best to do two things

1) Think about your goals and what you want to accomplish. I'm saving money for _____________? I'm currently having to pay some credit card debt off and it's going ok.

2) When you get off work, be busy working out, playing video games, hanging out with friends at happy hour. Then it's time to come home early and go to bed since ya gotta work again tomorrow! On the weekends it's tough to stay away (as the club I go to has poker on Sundays, then my ATF decides to show up at like 10pm and poker starts at 4:30! Crap its tough to stay away!) but I can manage. I certainly won't go tonight (Saturday night) even though I don't have a whole lot to do today.

What I won't do is stay away from my ATF. Gotta build and have will power to respect yourself and your bank account, while also buying her a drink or two is fine. Maybe a dance or two, but as long as I don't spend hundreds for the next few months, I'll be fine. Staying away from her accomplishes absolutely nothing, even though I wouldn't mind trying a few other girls, as I am a ONE GIRL GUY. I've never had a "rotation", it never works.

Anyway, thats a lot to digest but it's getting better.

- slim

mdiver
09-22-2007, 04:23 PM
It's going so-so. There is no real break because I went last night to say bye to a cool manager that was leaving. We did a shot. So that was friday, before that I was there Sunday, so thats a good 5 days.

IMO, it's best to do two things

1) Think about your goals and what you want to accomplish. I'm saving money for _____________? I'm currently having to pay some credit card debt off and it's going ok.

2) When you get off work, be busy working out, playing video games, hanging out with friends at happy hour. Then it's time to come home early and go to bed since ya gotta work again tomorrow! On the weekends it's tough to stay away (as the club I go to has poker on Sundays, then my ATF decides to show up at like 10pm and poker starts at 4:30! Crap its tough to stay away!) but I can manage. I certainly won't go tonight (Saturday night) even though I don't have a whole lot to do today.

What I won't do is stay away from my ATF. Gotta build and have will power to respect yourself and your bank account, while also buying her a drink or two is fine. Maybe a dance or two, but as long as I don't spend hundreds for the next few months, I'll be fine. Staying away from her accomplishes absolutely nothing, even though I wouldn't mind trying a few other girls, as I am a ONE GIRL GUY. I've never had a "rotation", it never works.

- slim

You sound depressed and obsessed, I think you may be better off if you completely cut off all contact with your ATF. I am baffled as to what is so special about this woman that you torture yourself like this, there are millions of other women out there.

What ever you do just don't turn into a Jeff http://www.voltabianca.info/

mr_punk
09-22-2007, 04:39 PM
I am baffled as to what is so special about this woman that you torture yourself like this, there are millions of other women out there.LOL..i don't even want to effing know. i'm sure it's pretty scary.

slims099
09-22-2007, 06:25 PM
LOL..i don't even want to effing know. i'm sure it's pretty scary.

Gheez, you guys are way off. I told you it's an addiction, not really an obsession. Like trying to quit smoking... nevermind.

bem401
09-23-2007, 06:16 AM

- slim

I don't understand why you can't just go to the club and spend only what you want to spend. Draw the line at X dollars and quit when you get there. If you can't quit, just bring X dollars with you and no plastic and then you have to quit at that point.

As far as the focus on your ATF, you are aware you are part of her "rotation". She probably has at least a handful of guys just like you who get the same treatment, the same texts, etc etc etc. Its foolish of any customer to think there is any special bond between him and a dancer. Such bonds can develop, but for the most part these girls reel you in, make what they can off you for however long you remain hooked, and move on to someone else when you get tired of the situation.

mr_punk
09-23-2007, 07:13 AM
Gheez, you guys are way off. I told you it's an addiction, not really an obsession. Like trying to quit smoking... nevermind.LOL. scing is an addiction? hmmm..i did not know that. is there a 12 step program?

Its foolish of any customer to think there is any special bond between him and a dancer. Such bonds can develop, but for the most part these girls reel you in, make what they can off you for however long you remain hooked, and move on to someone else when you get tired of the situation.foolish, but hilarious. i like hearing these guys deify and wring their hands over these girls as if they have a mature affective relationship. it's like a five year old talking about his special relationship with Ronald McDonald, except a five year old has a good excuse. frankly, they deserve every painful, yet funny, reality check coming their way.

slims099
09-23-2007, 07:33 AM
LOL. scing is an addiction? hmmm..i did not know that. is there a 12 step program?

Ha I appreciate the sarcasm, but there may be some things you don't know. They have things like "sex anonymous" meetings and stuff like that, that'd be the closest type of meeting in reference to strip clubs. A guy I knew did it, and now has different hobbies and has a LOT more money.

foolish, but hilarious. i like hearing these guys deify and wring their hands over these girls as if they have a mature affective relationship. it's like a five year old talking about his special relationship with Ronald McDonald, except a five year old has a good excuse. frankly, they deserve every painful, yet funny, reality check coming their way.

I totally understand. There's been a few times when I've rolled my eyes when she says I'm her favorite and what-not, and undoubtedly she'd get mad just as I expected her too. I realize that it's her job to do so though, if she thinks that, then great that's good. Doesn't matter to me anymore. She knows I latch onto to that sort of thing, like MOST guys, so obviously it keeps me coming back. Things are already getting better IMO.

Appreciate it.

slims099
09-23-2007, 07:38 AM
I don't understand why you can't just go to the club and spend only what you want to spend. Draw the line at X dollars and quit when you get there. If you can't quit, just bring X dollars with you and no plastic and then you have to quit at that point.

As far as the focus on your ATF, you are aware you are part of her "rotation". She probably has at least a handful of guys just like you who get the same treatment, the same texts, etc etc etc. Its foolish of any customer to think there is any special bond between him and a dancer. Such bonds can develop, but for the most part these girls reel you in, make what they can off you for however long you remain hooked, and move on to someone else when you get tired of the situation.

Of course I'm a part of her rotation, absolutely. Sales is sales and I completely understand that. It's not foolish at all though to think there may be a bond forming, but it's foolish to let it get out of hand. Friends of mine have slept with dancers, are dating dancers now, have dated dancers in the past, and one of my friends is married to a dancer. I've done a few of things as well.

But I can recall several times when I've sat with her for over an hour, haven't paid a dime, and she'd buy food, a few drinks, blah blah. Good business decision? Sure. Does she do it with other guys? Certainly maybe, but doubtful. Do I care if she does it with other guys? Of course not. I won't be around forever, and neither will she.

The situation is getting better fellas, appreciate the advice.

Svelt
09-23-2007, 01:07 PM
slims099 thanks for sharing.

Sounds like you are making progress, keep working at it and you will find what works for you.

I think all of us at one time or another have had issues like this. Painful and as stupid as they may seem to some, its part of the sc rights of passage. Even the most jaded of us still have similar issues from time to time.

slims099, please keep us posted on how things are going, perhaps a few of us will be able to skip the next SC drama by living vicariously thru you. :)

Also, I think sharing this type of thing with a community that possibly might understand will help you to understand yourself better.

Bah and maybe I will share some of my ATF stories, the insane bad ones. Still not sure if pink would let themselves be represented by them even on the blue side.

mr_punk
09-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Ha I appreciate the sarcasm, but there may be some things you don't know. They have things like "sex anonymous" meetings and stuff like that, that'd be the closest type of meeting in reference to strip clubs. A guy I knew did it, and now has different hobbies and has a LOT more money.oh, i don't doubt you. it seems everything these days is an addiction. still, i think calling it an addiction instead of a lack of willpower is a cop-out. it's not a medical condition. customers don't have DT's by not going to the sc. surely, it can't be that hard to just say no to going to the sc?

I totally understand.

What I won't do is stay away from my ATF.LOL..and history repeats itself like a loony toons gag reel.

aggieed
09-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Heh, this thread got me to thinking about my own situation when I was 24 and first started out going to strip clubs. Every day while I was at work all I could think about was the weekend so I could spend time with my favorites. I had two, one daytime and one nighttime gal so I could basically go in at any time and see either one of them. Even when they left and moved on, there was always another favorite that would come around the corner and that continued for a few years.

It wasn't until my last ATF quit and moved on back in 2004 that I truly found myself taking a "real" break from the local SC scene. For a while I went through many strippers trying to find one just like the last, but she spoiled me like nothing else both in and out of the club...and no other stripper I met after her came even close to that. I found myself going to the local clubs less and less so that what used to be 2-3 visits per week has now turned into 2-3 visits per year, and that's only if an old friend wants to get together for Monday Night Football or something.

Houston clubs still get my money, of course, but I'm only there a handful of times per year as well. I've never had any favorites there.

Moral of my story: no ATFs, nice long breaks. As long as you have an ATF, I doubt you'll be able to stay away for long.

bem401
09-24-2007, 06:00 AM
It's not foolish at all though to think there may be a bond forming, but it's foolish to let it get out of hand. Friends of mine have slept with dancers, are dating dancers now, have dated dancers in the past, and one of my friends is married to a dancer. I've done a few of things as well.

I would argue that if you think there is a bond forming, it may have already gotten out of hand. Unless there is concrete evidence that her interest in you is not about the money in your pocket, chances are your money is the only thing linking the two of you. Since you refer to her as your ATF, you presumably have spent substantial time and money on her. Has there been any action on her part that couldn't be construed as further cultivating you as a customer? I don't think you can count her buying drinks occasionally as an indication of anything unless she is buying them with the full knowledge that its not likely to lead to more dances in the future. I don't know what kind of bond you're talking about. I'd be leery of calling any relationship a bond where one party stood to gain financially from the other.

If you have the experience you claim to have in the quote above, you should know this already. Most guys who frequent SC's have fallen for the illusion at one point or another, but eventually ( one hopes ) you can see it coming a mile away. There is a saying " fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

slims099
09-24-2007, 06:10 AM
I would argue that if you think there is a bond forming, it may have already gotten out of hand. Unless there is concrete evidence that her interest in you is not about the money in your pocket, chances are your money is the only thing linking the two of you. Since you refer to her as your ATF, you presumably have spent substantial time and money on her. Has there been any action on her part that couldn't be construed as further cultivating you as a customer? I don't think you can count her buying drinks occasionally as an indication of anything unless she is buying them with the full knowledge that its not likely to lead to more dances in the future. I don't know what kind of bond you're talking about. I'd be leery of calling any relationship a bond where one party stood to gain financially from the other.

If you have the experience you claim to have in the quote above, you should know this already. Most guys who frequent SC's have fallen for the illusion at one point or another, but eventually ( one hopes ) you can see it coming a mile away. There is a saying " fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

I completely understand what you're saying, but it wasn't me that mentioned the whole "bond" thing. It was you or someone else, and I just replied on it. See guys, the thing is, I'm not fooled. I already know NOTHING will ever happen and don't expect it to really. I'm not in la-la land. It's like trying to quit smoking... you start with 20 a day, then 15, 10, 5, 4,3,2,1... or whatever. But that whole process is difficult. I'm not trying to quit strip clubbing, I'm trying to manage my money in a better fashion. Whether I get sex from her or not, I'll still hang with her because I know I can get GOOD sex for cheaper at a bar.