View RSS Feed

Dorien

1. Dance Styles from 1982 to the Present: Vol. 2

After I had been dancing at the Pink Poodle for almost a year, I was hired by a stripping telegram company called Strip-o-Gram. (That will be covered in another post:-) I had moved to San Francisco to work for them, since most of my gigs were up that way.

But when SOG and I parted ways a year later, I went back to the good ol' Pink Poodle. Boy, had dance styles changed! I actually missed Diana and her old fashioned elegance.

New girls had been ...
  2. The Recent Past: Last Weekend

I'm not really sure what to title this post. I just found that little snafu I had with stripperweb.com (for some reason I couldn't copy and paste my blogs on their site. Although, they encourage blogs there). However, that's been resolved and it makes me happier.

I guess I'll write a bit about the present. I worked over the last weekend. It was fun and I had some rather wacky things happen. The first thing was a rather cute Indian/American guy I met at my stage. ...
  3. History of dance shoes: 1982 to present

(Again, I've been M.I.A. I've been @ Coachella and Vegas. Interesting times at both).

But I'm here now. When I first started dancing, the highest heels I wore were all of 3 inches with no platform whatsoever. They were usually pumps. I recall I did have a pair of the infamous Frederick's of Hollywood mules which were strapless with the fuzzy feathers on the foot band. I believe I had some maryjanes too.

Around 1985-86, I added ankle socks into the mix.