View RSS Feed

minnow

1. Police Stop Stories

A recent post by a TX dancer about a DUI/DWI stop after her shift prompted me to post this blog about some personal true stories, including one that I've pm'ed to others.

I am not a lawyer or crusader. My "brushes" with the law have not resulted in excessive points or suspensions. Yes, I've "bitten the bullet" by mailing in the fine, yet other times I've been let off with a warning.

Some common sense guidelines that just might make the difference ...

Updated 12-05-2009 at 05:08 PM by minnow (Title Change)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. BP#3D- Miami/So.FL History: Pompano Beach Clubs

South Florida, when viewed from late night airline flight looks like one continuous yellow blob from Miami to West Palm Beach. In that spirit, I will cover 3 different Pompano Beach club visits over nearly 2 decades.

Cheetah (aka Cheetah III): Scenario- Late 1980's, in new unfamiliar hotel on the beach. One of the first things to do is get oriented. I set out by thumbing through the hard cover in house guide. Before I got to map, I caught an ad by "Cheetah III". This was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. BP#3C: Miami/SoFL - Closed Lauderdale Clubs, RIP

Anyone who has visited South Florida knows that it is a club rich environment. Sadly, some clubs do go out of business/close. The three clubs that I'll "mention" here cover the spectrum. Two, Bottoms Up, Booby Hatch (No apparent relation to Booby Trap) evoked mostly pleasant memories. The third club- I don't recall the name, and don't really care to as it was a clip joint on Federal Highway that didn't last that long.

Bottoms Up was a neighborhood type bar, located on the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. BP#3B- Miami/SoFL History: MJ Peter Clubs

While there have been several club chains over the years, very few, if any, can claim the eminence of the MJ Peter Chain. I won't delve into the corporate history, but will instead concentrate on nearly 2 decades of random visits to the Solid Gold and Pure Platinum clubs on North Federal Highway in Ft. Lauderdale/Oakland Park area. Both clubs projected a high end image, with such features as valet parking, tuxedoed doormen, etc.

Late 1980's: I first recall visiting Solid Gold in 1987. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. BP#3A- Miami/South FL History- 1st Stop:Tootsies

Everyone here probably knows about the latest emporium like location at 150 NW 183rd St. (I haven't been to that location, yet, 1 item on to do list)

For a long time, Tootsies was at 19839 NW 2nd Ave., not too far from convergence of I95, and 826 half loop.

The 1980's: Tootsies was more of a local bar flavor, with no cover charge, and basically a club with horny guys that liked to drink, and look at naked women. Lapdances were somewhere off in the future, although ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast