Blog Comments

Norm )
    Well didn't you know when you got with him that he would be that way? Is it just him? Or is it you? The guy who named Aaliyah (not the father) was a pretty good guy but you shit all over his love and affection and trust and loyalty.

With that said, there's no amount of craziness packed into this or any woman that would keep me from seeing my son or daughter. He's a horrible man for not wanting to spend time with his beautiful baby girl (I should know she's quite the cutie like her mom), but he's very smart for staying away from you.
    You are stronger than you know! Im in the same situation. These asswipes know that they really (duh) have lost us.So how can they hurt you when you dont give ish about them? By hurting us through what you/I/we as single mothers love dearly, our child(ren).

I feel your pain. Its hard.I was not raised this way.Its hard when ur white picket fence falls.
    This is a careful comment because I am a guy and only have a vague idea what it is like to be a single mom. My first wife and I divorced years and years ago. We had two boys whom I loved to death. I paid my child support and then some every month and picked them up and spent every weekend with them. I couldnt imagine doing anything else. They are grown now and I am so glad I did the right thing.

A word of encouragement...you are probably more amazing and strong than you can imagine. I would hold your ex's feet to the fire in terms of financial obligations. There is no excuse for him to not step up to the plate and do what is right. Whether you plan to soldier through this alone or eventually meet a partner who's strength will add to yours, I wish you the best. I didn't believe it at the time but it eventually does get better.

FBR
    I'm very sorry to hear about that situation Manda.
    Pardon my bluntness, but the guy sounds like a total douchebag. If he bailed before she was born and isn't willing to even make an attempt to see her now, she's probably better off without him. He might do more damage to her than than good if you finally talk him into seeing her when he has no interest and clearly no responsibility. Obviously, there's no easy answer but it's also obvious that you must do everything in your power to protect her.

Hang in there...you have the most important job in the entire world, being Aaliyah's Mom!