View RSS Feed

mysteryman

Lack of response from President Obama is now causing a global problem

Rate this Entry
The story below shows how Obama's lack of response is allowing a group of Pirates to take full advantage of a Passive President on International matters. Imagine now how the North Koreans, Russians, Chinese, Taliban and more are all looking at this and saying, "WOW what a Wussie this new president is...now what can we do to take advantage of him too!!!"

US Navy should have already taken action by either going ashore with Marines and attacking the home base of Pirates, and or assaulting the life boat and rescuing the ship captain using Navy Seals. Now you have more Pirates showing up with even more hostages as human shields. It was a simple situation that is now escalating rapidly.

Oh and our president refuses to take any questions about the matter because he feels the housing situation takes precedence. Me personally, his teleprompter was not loaded up with responses to Pirate questions for todays press conference.

Let me ask you this...is this really CHANGE for the better??? Are we even a Super power anymore?

With Reagan, at least he would have sent a global message, "do not mess with a US flagged ship or you will have hell to pay!" Bush Senior he would have increased Naval patrols and forced UN to take action. Bush Jr, he would most likely started all out assault on Somalia with or without the UN. My point being at least action would have been taken, instead we have a president who refuses to take any action and the scenario is escalating rapidly!

Yes its true, four armed Pirates brought a Global Superpower to its knees!

I will now step off my soap box...

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-04-10-voa34.cfm

Submit "Lack of response from President Obama is now causing a global problem" to Digg Submit "Lack of response from President Obama is now causing a global problem" to del.icio.us Submit "Lack of response from President Obama is now causing a global problem" to StumbleUpon Submit "Lack of response from President Obama is now causing a global problem" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Old news now: Capt. Phillips is home, 3 pirates shot dead & 1 in captivity awaiting piracy charges. More recently, an Italian cruise ship chose to hire armed Israeli security team, who successfully repulsed a pirate attack.

Outcome/eventual execution good, but agree with gist that it really should not have dragged on as long as it did. The US Navy can't be everywhere at once for everybody- ultimately, ships need to arm themselves & exercise their right to defend themselves on high seas. When pirates realize that going after shipping isn't going to be the cakewalk that they've been presented with up to now, they'll think twice about attacking ships. Some will say, "the pirates will just escalate things". How so??- pirate skiffs aren't exactly the USS New Jersey. If they were to do something more gauche, that would serve to drum up stronger international support for sending ground forces into Somalia against the pirate training bases, plus proactive attacks against the pirate "mother ships".