View RSS Feed

minnow

BP 2A- City Club Historical Perspective- LAX Clubs(Jet Strip, etc)

Rate this Entry
OK, I confess to being a long time SC junkie. So, I'm planning on posting some historical perspective on certain cities & clubs dating as far back as the 1980's. Dates & events may not always be precise, so anyone having more lucid recollections/info, please feel free to post blog comment.

LOS ANGELES- LAX AREA

Jet Srip- Everyone here probably knows about present location on 10624 Hawthorne Blvd. How many know that the pre 1986 version was located in the 105 tressle support area near the corner of Imperial Highway & Aviation Blvd? My initial experience with LAX area clubs took place in the mid 1980's, apparently when present Fwy 105 was in planning/early construction stages. Then as now, Jet Strip was a nude juice bar kind of club. On weeknights, there were typically 5-8 dancers on shift, every one of them an "8" or above. Weekend nights had marginally larger crew of 8-12 dancers. Dancers would get nude by 3rd song, several late 2nd song. Club was strictly "look, but don't touch". Tips were placed on stage, dancers would pick up the tips after their set- much the same as today in LA, except there was absolutely no stageside interaction- no "Stevies", etc.

If there was any "private dances", it didn't happen until within a few months of locations closing and subsequent move to Bare Elegance. Shutdown, and move took place in the 2nd quarter of 1986, as I recall. The dancers, and staff of old Jet Strip formed the nucleus of early Bare Elegance. I don't know if Jet Strip opened up immediately afterwards in present location. I wasn't even aware of it until the mid 90's. I do recall there being 2 clubs in general vicinity circa 1985ish, diagonally across from each other. One of them was Cahills Caberet.( I think it may have been the 1 opposite present Jet Strip location).

Well, that's it for this post, future posts will cover some other LAX area clubs, FL clubs, etc.

Submit "BP 2A- City Club Historical Perspective- LAX Clubs(Jet Strip, etc)" to Digg Submit "BP 2A- City Club Historical Perspective- LAX Clubs(Jet Strip, etc)" to del.icio.us Submit "BP 2A- City Club Historical Perspective- LAX Clubs(Jet Strip, etc)" to StumbleUpon Submit "BP 2A- City Club Historical Perspective- LAX Clubs(Jet Strip, etc)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great blog minnow! The history of our beloved LAX titty bars is fun reading. Brings back wonderful memories of times gone by.

Looking forward to your Wild Goose write-up. Now THERE'S the granddaddy of the LAX clubs! How long has it been at it's present location? 42 years?