Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Boom Boom Generation

BrunetteGoddess

Default The Boom Boom Generation

Ok ,I know I am part of this generation, but only for the sake of talking age wise. I am respectful in regards to my music volume.

Can somebody please explain to me why some obnoxious people feel the need to turn up the volume in their cars and the bass up SO LOUD that I can hear it from far away and it causes their whole car to vibrate? I'm willing to bet with the bass up so far that most cannot even hear the words anymore, just the bass.

Every morning I wake up to "Booooom, booooom". A deep, reverberating vibration/sound. It's not even in my neighborhood and I can feel it in if I am sitting in my car in my driveway!

Why the fuck do they think I need nor WANT to hear their music so loud that my brain vibrates? It gives me headaches and makes me think you are a douche, with the majority or the population in agreement. It just makes us want to run these people off the road. I DON'T CARE what music you're listening to you punks! I'm trying to enjoy my OWN music!! I hate it when even with my windows up and my music so loud my ears feel like they are bleeding, their boom boom is STILL drowning my tunes out. Argh!

Guess it fits into R's theory of my generation being the "Look at me" generation....

cameron_keys

Default Re: The Boom Boom Generation

I'm with you..its illegal here, but nobody ever enforces it. Its obnoxious and self centered...just like the children who do it.

Hubby likes to irritate them back by blasting something REALLY opposite like Glen Miller(and his car stereo is way better then theirs ever is...most of the time its kids blasting on their crap tinny stock radios!) Its funny...

stellaforstars

I'm going to jump in and agree that this drives me MAD.

I'm a part-time nanny for a 3 year old and there is NOTHING that pisses me off as much as finally getting her down for her nap/bedtime, only to have one of these asshats drive by. Thanks, fucker, now I have to spend another hour trying to calm her down...

BrunetteGoddess

Yeah, just when I am about to fall asleep...

BOOM BOOM!

You are not cool you asshat!

Especially when here in Lakeport: we are primarily a retirement/vacation community. SO who are they trying to impress?

The vacationers who hate you for disrupting their vacation peace? Hell, they came up from San Fran, they can get your noisyness there!

or

The senior citizens who thing you're an inconsiderate hooligan.

Just as I was writing this some idiot with his Tejano music went by. Booom boo boo bomm! So it's not just teens here, it's also hispanic grown MEN!

stellaforstars

We could always form a stripper mafia and terminate them...

BrunetteGoddess

ROTFLMAO

Stella, I need to add you on my myspace just for that

stellaforstars

I'd be honored to be your MySpace friend.

But seriously, why is there NOT a stripper mafia? Or perhaps there is and I'm just not smooth enough to have been invited in.

...Are you holding out on me, BG?

Banned
    Thanks

BG, its the so-called "Me" generation, which parents gave in to virtually all of their child's demands when little....the child never heard the word no, and was allowed to do whatever they please.

Now we see this generation, which I am also part of, grown-up and this is what we have in today's society, its look at me/ I don't give a shit about anyone else attitude that extends from their ID/Ego.

In a few more years it will be interesting to see what happen's with the me-generation's children

BrunetteGoddess

Who me? No.....

I think there's no mafia because we'd seriously terrorize the world with our 'strippa powa'!

Anyways, it seems like that fucking asshole with the tejano music went away, but I swear he was driving back and forth past my house stalking me with his boom boom!

Glamazon

How about the guys that will turn up their stereo in an attempt to impress some chicks at a stop light?

This actually happened to my best friend and me not too long ago. We rolled up our windows and avoided eye contact.

BrunetteGoddess

Quote Originally Posted by G-Real View Post
    BG, its the so-called "Me" generation, which parents gave in to virtually all of their child's demands when little....the child never heard the word no, and was allowed to do whatever they please.

Now we see this generation, which I am also part of, grown-up and this is what we have in today's society, its look at me/ I don't give a shit about anyone else attitude that extends from their ID/Ego.

In a few more years it will be interesting to see what happen's with the me-generation's children
    Oh yes. I am determined to not let my children 'get away with murder'. They WILL hear no and get disciplined. I was raised well, and look around at some of my spoiled, disrespectful peers and think "that's the norm?". Because sadly, it IS the norm.

Couple weeks ago R and I were talking about this 'Look at Me' generation. He asks, "so what IS normal if everyone's trying to be as 'different' as possible?" And we figured out that being 'different' nowadays IS the norm! They really aren't different anymore, they're just like the majority!

So what IS normal?

BrunetteGoddess

Quote Originally Posted by Glamazon View Post
    How about the guys that will turn up their stereo in an attempt to impress some chicks at a stop light?

This actually happened to my best friend and me not too long ago. We rolled up our windows and avoided eye contact.
    Guys actually do this to me a lot, lol. I do the same as you.

Banned
    Thanks

The best way I can describe it is as follows:

Parents feel guilty for both Mom and Dad to be working, and therefore do not have time to spend with their children. Conversly, the parents the act as friends and not as parents to the child/chidlren.

As far as normal is concerned, I'm glad my parents let me be who I was when I grew up. Granted I wasn't out there, but, my parents allowed me to make my own decisions in life, and let me gain experiece.

Actually I think parents want their kids to be like everyone elses, which is why you see kids and parents involved in so many activities. Now parents don't see to want to let their kids do anything, without a safety-net, and planned out 3 weeks ahead of time...this just for playing a pick-up game of basketball

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glamazon View Post

I think I stopped doing that at 17 when I had a bad car, and a even-worse stereo system

BrunetteGoddess

LOL, you'd think that's deter some of them G-Real, but even the beater driving mofos attempt it!

Sometimes I laugh in their faces and drive away. Or the point an laugh is effective too.

stellaforstars

Ugh, I hate the stop-light, chick-impressing move. Especially if you happen to be on foot for any reason. I can't count the number of times I've damn near jumped outa my skin thanks to a sudden outburst of "gangsta-rap."

BrunetteGoddess

^^ That or a simple HONK! I swear walking down the street alone makes me nervous.

Thanks

When my grandparents built this home in 1950's the area surrounding them was undeveloped. They wanted a quiet little place out in the country to raise their children but a few miles from town so they had access to groceries and such. Today the home sits on a major highway. They didn't move the house. The city has moved to them.

Now, with a firestation across the street and at the intersection of two major highways either a siren, boom box or motorcycle is making it's presense known. Then of course there's your occassional redneck who likes to squill his tires and reave his engine up.

I honestly would like to hide behind a bush out here with a gun and blow out the tires of all noisy passerbys with the exception of the firetruck of course. Or stand by their bed with a bull horn and wait until they fell off into a nice, peaceful sleep then blow into it as hard as I could right into their ear.

Yeah, there are plenty of inconsiderate assholes in the world...

BrunetteGoddess

Yikes Green.

I wonder if there will ever be somewhere to build and have peace and quiet....

Banned
    Thanks

wait, I don't know if you have experienced this, but I love people on the subway (i take a commuter train) who feel the urge for the whole damn car to hear their conversation....

If I'm close enough to the douce-nozzle, I'll start joining in the conversations with random comments, I usually get a few stares from the person on the phone, and a smile or chuckle from poeple surrounding said douce-nozzle.

BrunetteGoddess

LOLOLOL!

I too hate loud cell phone talkers. Hello? I don't care what you're saying, now shaddup!

Glamazon

I have to admit that I am a loud cell phone talker.

BrunetteGoddess

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(*&^%#@[email protected]$#%^&

Two boom boomers in a row just went past my house. The windowpanes vibrated!

Wait, #3 just went past!!

grrrrr. I'm about to play crazy lady and go yell at them.

Banned
    Thanks

^^^^

Don't you just wish for one day, you could own a gun, and not have any consequence at who you shot at?

BrunetteGoddess

YES!! But then again what if I annoyed someone? Then I'D be dead too....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast