Thread: Are pole classes with a spinning pole worth it ? Is it hard to transfer skills?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,178 Times in 6,281 Posts

Default Are pole classes with a spinning pole worth it ? Is it hard to transfer skills?

I am really tempted to take a pole course. I've taken one intro class already . They have spinning poles which would probably be great fun for the class and to impress friends at the demo, but how worthwhile are these?

Don't most clubs have stationary poles ? I'm worried the skills won't transfer and maybe I should just learn on the harder poles ( stationary ) .

The classes are $80 for 3 or $170 for 8. It's $15 for an open pole session ( to practice by yourself what you have learned ) .

Thanks

Default Re: Are pole classes with a spinning pole worth it ? Is it hard to transfer skills?

I'm pretty sure I know which classes you're talking about, and yes, they're totally worth it. Most clubs do have stationary poles, but you can make the spinning poles stationary as well.

The girls that teach this have danced on both, and actually, spinning poles can be more difficult to use depending on what you're doing. Your skills will transfer either way. And, if you're super concerned, talk to the girl doing it, I'm pretty sure she can make her pole stationary and you can practice that way too.
    I believe you Dottie and you have my support

God/dess
    Thanks

Default Re: Are pole classes with a spinning pole worth it ? Is it hard to transfer skills?

ive worked at clubs with both. all clubs have diff types of poles so really whatever kind you learn on youre going to have to transfer the skills. i started with a skinny titanium pole and at my 2nd club had a thick brass pole. took some getting used to. and then i went to a spinning pole. the club im at now has very skinny poles. theyre different everywhere.