Thread: What's the easiest way to get back into a healthy eating pattern comfortably?

Thanks

Default What's the easiest way to get back into a healthy eating pattern comfortably?

We started the day before thanksgiving with the usual- stuffing, corn bread, turkey with gravy, potatoes, creamed corn, glazed carrots, green beans with bacon, briskit with bbq sauce, a huge pumpkin pie, a huge butter cream pie, and a huge chocolate cake. My bro ordered the food this year because no one wanted to cook, and he ordered way way too much, so we have been eating it for every meal since the day before T-day.

And by a lot of food I mean there is me, my mom and dad, 2 bros and 2 bros girlfriends staying here and we just keep eating and eating because my mother is afraid everything is going to go bad. Now, I keep getting hungry because I'm used to being full, and they've done no shopping because there was already too much food in the house. All there is to eat is crap, but it's so so good. I'm guessing it's because most of the food is empty carbs is probably why I keep getting hungry even though I've been eating tons, but when I go back home on monday how am I gonna control my eating pattrens. I'm not one for self control, what I need are mind tricks.
    " Remember during each test there is some girl in Australia jealous of you who wants to do what you're doing."- Lilithmorrigan

" If you're young and sexy, why not spend a few years
    Shopping and Fucking? Life is short, but youth is shorter. Ride the wheels off, I say." - FeministStripper

Thanks

Default Re: What's the easiest way to get back into a healthy eating pattern comfortably?

The only thing I've found that works is diving right in and just suffering for a day or two. Make sure you drink a lot of fluids, that helps me some of the time.
    If you think school is hard, try being stupid.

Thanks

Default Re: What's the easiest way to get back into a healthy eating pattern comfortably?

I hear ya, Fawn. I just spent 3 days eating junk because that's all there was. And my parents and grandparents sent me home with a ton of pie and a huge chocolate cake. AHHH.

I'm going on a 2 day juice fast/detox to cleanse my system.... 2 days of organic, 100% juice, lots of water, and the GNC Detox system (about $40). I did it last year at this time and it worked really well. After the 2 day flush, I started eating healthy, balanced meals again. Of course, Christmas is coming, so I will just have to do it again, because my mom makes this Brunch Delight thing that tastes like heaven and is full of delicious junk.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,705 Times in 2,127 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

I take a little of this and a little of that but I use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate. That way you still feel you're having a plate full without the extra calories and it forces you to fill up on good things first. I only have leftovers for two meals and that's it! I'll have the good stuff like turkey and non starch vegetables. The rest, ice cream, cakes, pies, gets IGNORED!!
    Last edited by Optimist; 11-26-2007 at 03:12 PM.
    “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.” - ECKHART TOLLE

Thanks

^Oh, that reminds me! Can I brag here? I'm just so proud of myself

I had no dessert after Thanksgiving dinner!

But yea, I've also been eating worse since then. I've been to the gym every day, but I don't think it really makes up for eating pizza for dinner all of a sudden.
    If you think school is hard, try being stupid.

Glamazon

Suffer. That's what I'm trying to do--starting today. And I don't even have alot of leftovers, it's just that I'm the only one to eat them!

Glamazon

Quote Originally Posted by Bella21 View Post
    ^Oh, that reminds me! Can I brag here? I'm just so proud of myself

I had no dessert after Thanksgiving dinner!
    That's nothing to brag about!! That's a sin!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,705 Times in 2,127 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

^^^

I had to throw out some premium ice cream so I wouldn't eat it! I know your pain but sometimes you gotta let the treats go.
    “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.” - ECKHART TOLLE

Chicagoeditor

Here's something I've done with some success. It's boring but easy to follow:

During the week, standardize your meals (avoiding treats, "white" and processed foods, carbs, etc.) and boosting the intake of lean meats, salads, etc.

One weekend night splurge and have whatever your greedy heart wants, including dessert.

The above assumes you're working out at least 4x a week.

Thanks

I went to the gym today, and I swear I sweated out all the nasty crap I've been eating. Deliciously nasty, mind you. Seriously, my sweat was so rancid!

And we had our TDay yesterday, so today was my leftover day. I don't know if a "fast" is necessary. If you can, drink a ton of water and tea (diuretic), work out really, really hard, and possibly take a sauna, shower, and drink more water.

Tomorrow I will start to eat better too. I'll check back in this thread for motivation!

"Have you ever been to American wedding? Where is the vodka, where's marinated herring?" - GB
    "And do the cats give a shit? No, they do not. Why? Because they're cats."-from The Onion

Quote Originally Posted by Mia M
    If a cupcake was tossed at me... well, I'd only be upset if it missed my mouth