Thread: Loosing faith in humanity

Thanks

Thumbs down Loosing faith in humanity

I remember taking family trips, driving though the deserts of AZ, seeing those lone trailer homes, and feeling sorry for those people... I'm starting to envy them.

Okay, I know this isn't newsbreaking or anything... but I had my wallet stolen today/ last night. I'm sick so I went to get a sandwich (that's ALL) last night around 5pm, got out of my car, apparently dropped my wallet on the ground... and this was right out front of my apartment. Someone found it, called all their ghetto friends together, and bought a bunch of gas on my credit card (which was pretty much all that they could do with no PIN or ID). I noticed it today and spent my day sending out fraud alerts, canceling cards, getting a new ID at the DMV, writing out a police report, and getting a car alarm (this is espeically fun when you're sick). Why the car alarm? Well, BMW has these nifty little keys to put in your wallet so that you don't lock your keys in your car... Not so nifty if some reject jacks your wallet. So, I got a car alarm (which I had been talking about getting anyways) so that if anyone unlocks my car, it would go off and it won't start without disabling the alarm first. Nifty stuff. I'm trying to make this the high-point of my day.

The issue is... it was one of my neighbors. The credit card lady said that there are cameras at those gas stations so I'm waiting to prosecute every peice of shit that I can.

I'm seriously over people right now.
    If you think school is hard, try being stupid.

Thanks

Default Re: Loosing faith in humanity

Tough break. Sorry to hear about it Bella.

Thanks

Yea, I'm gonna miss that wallet, too... It was Gucci and had lasted a good five years without even starting to fall apart... I hope they find someone. I want someone to hate directly.

Thanks

Just remember it is SOME people!

That is what I keep telling myself.

Over and over and over and over....

Thanks

^Seriously. I could have written that myself!

...hehehe... email me to ask me where i am ! (i dare you!)
    Thanks

You are "starting" to loose faith in humanity? Um. I lost it a long long time ago. I have moments (only moments) where I don't think of the human race as a very selfish animal.

It's my on-going theme of my life

BTW, my flatmate can relate. We had our place broken into whilst I was away in Melbourne working. It was a quick one as all they took was his wallet which had a whole HEAP of money (very obviously) within it.

The blessing was a little later: the wallet he has bought is much better than his original. He loves his new wallet. He found out how much he really did have in his bank account and was happily surprised. Plus now we are more vigilant about security at our place. It was a good lesson for the both of us in the end.

* please *

If you aim at nothing,
    you will
    HIT EXACTLY THAT!

enter: E3167322D9 for your 10% discount

Thanks

Yeah I hate it when YOU KNOW who did it but can't prosecute without proof. I had residents at an old address I used to live at fill out a credit card application that was sent to the address under my name. Of course I applied saying it was fraud that I haven't lived there in years, but still fucks with your credit history.

Yup people suck...

madmaxine

I dropped my bank card at a gas station and who ever picked it up bought $88 worth of gasoline before I cancelled the card (the bank thankfully removed this charge from my account.)

I grew up in a ghetto area so I'm used to this kind of thing, sadly. It could have been worse......"It could always be worse."

Thanks

I really think it was the dude who parks (well, his GF does... I don't think his car-less ass has a job beyond selling weed) next to me... he was acting weird today. If they catch him on camera at the gas station, I will really enjoy mocking him as they cuff him.

I mean, it's not like I had all that much faith in humanity as it was... It's just that it seems to get whittled away as time passes, you know?

madmaxine

Quote Originally Posted by Bella21 View Post
    I mean, it's not like I had all that much faith in humanity as it was... It's just that it seems to get whittled away as time passes, you know?
    I know the feeling..But I've also had my life literally saved by strangers a couple times, so it has evened out. Be strong.

God/dess
    Thanks

Aww I'm so sorry! How awful! Hope they find the bastards and you can press charges. God what a headache to have to replace everything. Gah! I can't wait till you move!
    you live like an ivy vine
    you can only survive by clinging onto trees
    that's your flaw
    put down some roots so you can stand on your own
    -Kenpachi
    CLICK ME!: Strip Club Reviews: For Strippers By Strippers

Thanks

That sucks Bella. That is one of the most annoying things that can happen. I feel so sorry for you babe.

And I have to say the worst thing is that whoever the loser was that stole your wallet probably just stole it for the cash/credit cards and discarded the actual Gucci wallet.

Blah, I've lost faith in humanity too. I always say that when you work in retail you loose all faith in humanity...