Thread: digital camera

Thanks

digital camera

Hi guys i'm looking to buy a new digital camera and i'm trying to figure out what brand to buy and from where i need a digital camera that the batteries will last more then 1 day maybe a rechargeable one do digital cameras come with a charger? if so which one are the bestand the price Thanks a lot girls

Thanks

Default Re: digital camera

What kind of Shooting do you prefer? Quick photo taking: I.E. a party, driving, or spontaneous. Or Scene setting?

(Hint: "Both" is not the right answer All cameras do both. I want to know which you see yourself doing most of)
    People are not ruled by their memories.

God/dess
    Thanks

I want a digital camera, too! I was supposed to get one for Christmas, but I got to pay stupid credit card fees instead! I pick SPONTANEOUS. I want pictures of partying, and spring is coming up, so I imagine I'll be outside a lot more. And pictures in the car and the house, everywhere! What's a great choice. And I don't know what megapixels are or any of that, I want something I can use drunk and still have great pics!

madmaxine

I'd like to know too, I was going to get a Nikon like my friend's but I'll listen to other suggestions.

Thanks

I like Olympus ones. The battery choice is kinda important too. I alway get the ones with AA batteries - cuz I go out in the boonies and there is no recharger!

Thanks

This one is awesome. It's a Fujifilm Finepix F480 8.2 mp camera. I bought it for my BF for Christmas. It's relatively cheap, takes fantastic pictures, has a huge LCD screen, a zoom lens and is about the size of a deck of cards.

Another cool feature is that it doesn't use regular batteries. It uses a rechargeable lithium battery (it looks like a big memory card and lasts a LONG time) and also comes with its own charger. It has a video recorder too.

God/dess
    Thanks

For small portable totally awesome ones, I love my little Canon; it's a PowerShot SD900. I would say it's probably midrange? Also, the battery lasts for freaking ever compared to other digital cameras I have used.

Thanks

I'm gonna second the Olympus cameras. They aren't too expensive, and they're great for just those spontaneous pictures. If you get one of the point-and-shoots they're really easy to use and play around with the settings. Also, don't worry about megapixels or zoom or anything if you're just taking those spontaenous shots. I had a 3megapixel camera and it printed out photos the size of a regular sheet of paper (8x10) just fine, so unless you plan on doing professional photography or printing out HUGE photos, you won't be needed much. The audio/video feature is a neat one to make sure your camera has since it's nice to be able to make videos of things that happen and are funny/interesting, so that might be something to look for too.

As for batteries, I've had both lithium (if the camera comes with this kind, it will also come with a charger) and AAs, and although the former have a longer life, when they die you're screwed. I've forgotten to charge before going out, or had the camera on all day only to have it die for me and no way of recharging it. For that reason I prefer the AAs, because you can just pop into a store and pick up some new ones. You can even get the recharcable ones so you don't have to keep buying new ones since that can get quite pricy.

Thanks

The rule of thumb *shudder*, in my opinion, is stick with the brands that have ALWAYS made cameras. This isn't to say that that companies like HP and Sony make bad cameras just that they don't have the history in it. I love my sony cybershot, but it's just impossible to get support for.

I really like the Fujitsu FinePix F480, it's a GREAT camera and has some good reviews. I'm also very partial to Canon and Olympus. Again, you just can't go wrong with those companies. Their shitty cameras are good cameras.

If you want to be able to take a FAST picture at the drop of a hat, you have to look around the lens for an F number. It looks like this 1:2.8-3.2. That number means the range of the maximum arpeture. If there is two numbers, one is the ZOOMED OUT number, and one is the FULL ZOOM number. (If one number, it's a digital zoom so, it's always at full zoom).

Simply put, the lower the number on the FULL ZOOM, the faster it's capable of using light to isolate it's subject from it's background. So the lower the number, the faster the camera can capture.

Now, I'm no photographer, and unlike other technical knowledge, I can only go on what I've learned and my best way of recollecting it for you, so do research!!!
    People are not ruled by their memories.

Thanks

I can recommend which camera NOT to buy: any of the Canon Powershots. I am on my third one and it just broke last week. This is the 3rd one in a row that has broken on me.

Thanks

In addition to what Mast said, a quality lens is far more important than megapixel rating.

It's all about the lens.
    Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the costs become prohibitive.

William F. Buckley, Jr.

Thanks

I've got a really good Pentax one. Charges really quickly and is also waterproof and has a protective lens which doesn't scratch so it's great to take going out and to the beach.
    Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.