Thread: Chicago SC's

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default Chicago SC's

I was gonna post this on the club forum but it said dancers only, and I'm not looking to dance in Chicago so I guess I don't qualitfy, but I was wondering about the clubs there.
    Here's the deal.
    I'm a writer as well, and I want to put my story in Chicago but I don't know much about Chicago clubs. Heard they were clean -- a friend told me they were either nudity and no booze, or granny panties and booze. What's up with that? Where can I go to find easy to read regulations on this sort of thing (internet wise)?
    Last edited by KillerKesh; 01-31-2008 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks

Default Re: Chicago SC's

Can I ask why you want to set a story in an environment with which you are unfamiliar?

I'm sure there are dancers here who can tell you what the dress code is like in (some) Chicago clubs. Likewise, you can look up the regulations regarding adult businesses in that city, though don't ask us to do your research for you. I'm sure you find them as easily as we can.

Have you ever worked at a strip club as a dancer or in any other capacity? If you haven't, you're going to have a hard time giving your story any authenticity, and knowing what the girls wear will be the least of it.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I'm familiar with the city but not the clubs.
    And I work in Milwaukee.
    As for the research, I've looked online but it's not helping. I was worried I wasn't looking in the right spots.
    I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. This site is rather confusing but the replies always seem helpful.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

*worked

Thanks

The clubs in Chicago vary...I worked at The Admiral Theatre and it's a full nude club with a juice bar. VIPS and Scores are topless with booty shorts, but they can't show nipple so they have to cover it with liquid latex as those clubs do serve alcohol. It's really, really weird.

If I were you, I'd just take a trip down to either of the clubs I mentioned and work there for a week or so. The money is really good at The Admiral if you are there on a weekend and can hustle (beginners luck also works wonders)...I haven't worked at VIPS but the money doesn't sound good there as I have a friend who works there and isn't happy with the revenue.

always

E-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Living in Sin around Eden's Trim

Alaska

What are you writing about? What are you writing for? Is it like yr own fictional novel? That's cool---or at least pretend it's yr own fictional novel--we feel serious chagrin towards "researchers" and paper-writers.