𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝒾𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓌
    𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒾𝒻 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝐼 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒽𝑜𝓌
    𝒜𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓎𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻 𝐼 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐼 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹,
    𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ladycaxe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 414 Posts

Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

From what I've heard from reliable dancers, Silk in Milwaukee doesn't discriminate in terms of race and is black girl friendly.

Beansnappers in Appleton is not a good place for black women to work. Once in a while a black girl will work there, but they rarely stay longer than a day or two. This is mainly because of the racist, redneck customers, not management or the other dancers. Although I think management there is shitty too because I've heard a lot of stories about customers calling a black dancer the n word to their face while they're dancing on stage and management does nothing about it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blondhottie For This Useful Post:

Bikini Bottom, USA / Sin City / Hollyweird / OC
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

The dancers resource has been posting asking if dancers have experienced racism in the clubs https://www.instagram.com/p/CBHs37opLnP/ smh so many answers (that's only 1/2 post w/ over 700 comments total).

If theres ever been a time to address this issue, its now. I wish there was something all dancers could do , who stand in solidarity w/ black women+woc who are discriminated against in the industry. Anyways just dropping that link fyi
    𝒴𝑒𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔,
    𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝒾𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓌
    𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ladycaxe For This Useful Post:

Bikini Bottom, USA / Sin City / Hollyweird / OC
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/06/1...ack-strippers/

A Labor Movement Demands Better Treatment for Portland’s Black Strippers
    It is perhaps a sign of the political moment that nearly 30 strip clubs in Portland have agreed to the strike’s terms in the past two weeks.
    𝒴𝑒𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔,
    𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝒾𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓌
    𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladycaxe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,479 Times in 2,040 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by Ladycaxe View Post
    https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/06/1...ack-strippers/

A Labor Movement Demands Better Treatment for Portland’s Black Strippers
    It is perhaps a sign of the political moment that nearly 30 strip clubs in Portland have agreed to the strike’s terms in the past two weeks.
    hIGHLIGHTS:

More than 100 dancers have issued the following demands to club owners: require cultural sensitivity training on a regular basis for all club staff, owners and management; ensure that black dancers get fair hiring opportunities and desirable shifts; and require owners and managers to participate in listening sessions with black dancers to learn about their experiences working at Portland clubs.

Hollis says the number of dancers with black or brown skin rarely match the demographics in Portland—where people of color make up 23% of the population.

"I don't know that I've ever really seen a club with those [demographic] statistics—and this is key—on a Friday night or Saturday night," Hollis says.

Hollis, who is black, says managers at some clubs simply refuse to hire dancers of color. Black dancers—if they're lucky enough to be hired at all—are often given shifts in the middle of a weekday during clubs' slowest hours, she says.

It is perhaps a sign of the political moment that nearly 30 strip clubs in Portland have agreed to the strike's terms in the past two weeks. The dancers set a deadline of Friday, June 19—the day most clubs hope to reopen from COVID-19 shutdowns.

"The reason this has never worked before is that we never all came back [to work] at the same time," Hollis says. "Because technically none of us have jobs right now, it made it a lot easier to risk it for the biscuit."

The Adamidov family has owned Union Jacks since 1997. In 2003, federal prosecutors charged Ilya Adamidov, now 61, for allegedly bribing a government official. A judge in 2005 convicted him of conspiracy and bribery, and he was sentenced to probation.

One club has refused to comply with the demands: Union Jacks on East Burnside Street.

Cistrunk, who worked for a year at Union Jacks, says the club normally had about 40 dancers per shift. She was one of three who were black.

"That was their quota. They would let [black] people audition, but they wouldn't hire them. Because they don't want to attract the 'wrong crowd,'" Cistrunk says.

The club's manager, Ilya Adamidov, did not directly respond to the allegation he hires few black dancers. He told WW he doesn't support the collective's demands.

"She doesn't get to run private businesses," says Adamidov. Asked for clarification on which woman he was referring to, Adamidov laughed and said, "They can fuck off." He then hung up the phone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Atlanta’s urban clubs look VERY lucrative right now.
    Dress to kill the wallet.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prettyglitter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

To be honest, this is very interesting! Personally, I have visited few places, so I'm very curious

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I am from the Chicagoland area and IK Wiggles (formally silk) in Hammond Indiana is primarily a black club. They don't audition either, pretty much just look at your appearance & if you have danced before. I stumbled across that place about a year ago while I was going to apply at another club close by that was closed. They offered me a job there but I was working at an office & decided to put dancing on hold for a minute. I plan on checking it out though, I am a Mediterranean White girl & I didn't seen any other white or hispanic dancers there or on their FB or website or anything so I will admit I am a little bit nervous that I might feel a little out of place, but the club and owner seemed pretty chill. the main club I have worked at before had primarily white & black dancers & customers. I always did better with the black customers & they were one of the demographics I made the most money with. The place seemed real chill though, better music & the owner seemed real down to Earth so I am going to check it out, good hours too but I am kinda researxhing places all around the area to see how covid has affected each of them before I just start driving all over wasting gas.

Jimmy's Gentlemen's Club in Chicago Heights is another black club. Idk much about it but someone was saying it was really busy a few weeks back so if your in the area maybe check that place out.

I worked at Bigfoots in Rockford for about 2 years, it was my main club. Whatever your ethnicity, I would avoid that place like the plague. The Dancers & Clientele are about 50/50 black & white which were the main ethnicities but the owner was very racist (openly too) towards the black girls. I remember one time I got there at the same time as another dancer (black) and she signed in before me and the bartender was like "let me check with Jimmy because I think he said we have enough dancers tonight." The girl was like OK and went to the dressing room. i then asked the bartender if i should go get dressed or not and she told me I was fine and that jimmy just didn't want to many black girls. I then said well you can't just send her home but let me stay because I was behind her and I don't want to be put in a weird position like that. Cause I was cool with that girl, i would give her a ride home sometimes and I didn't want to seem like I condone his actions, but I needed the money too lol. She got to stay that night though. The owner didn't allow rap, he referred to the black customer as thugs/gangbangers/drug dealers. Well whatever they did they would be bringing in the money so who cares if no one is causing problems. He would throw groups of black customers out sometimes because he felt they were too loud. (Umm it is a strip club, not a library..) It was always so much fun when he would try and engage you in one of his racist rants where you couldnt do anything but give kind of a uncomfortable smile/laugh shake your head a little and go "oh geez" & get away asap. But he was just seriously a nasty person in general to women in general, but pretty much anyone. He had a real heavy accent, idk I think he is Greek but I never asked, he just had a greek sounding accent. not that it matters but idk if it is a cultural thing or something because I have worked for a few Greek men in different industries that were particularly difficult but nothing close to this guy. I ended up leaving because I just couldn't deal with him. He got rid of Patron because "it was too expensive" even though he charged 7 bucks a shot.... the last straw was he started demanding the dancers follow a schedule and be there on time. I refused though. I am not a nurse, I am not a firefighter, I dont work in a bank...I dance naked for
    men. They pay me, you do not..I pay YOU to dance here. One day he got so upset he told me I had to pay double the house fee to dance so I turned around and left and went back to an office job at a company I had worked at before.

Lol sorry for the kind of off topic rant but that guy was greasy as hell so if you just so happen to be familiar with the place or are considering working there I would strongly recommend going elsewhere. Or at the very least only work there while you need to until you find a better place to work. He also owns High Heels. another seedy club a few towns over.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Are all the club's in the DC area nude including Stadium? Do you have to audition nude and stage dance nude?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

This thread must be dead, now...?
    Last edited by yaya_cash; 10-11-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yaya_cash View Post
    Are all the club's in the DC area nude including Stadium? Do you have to audition nude and stage dance nude?
    I am very late but when I danced at Stadium in 2018, it was fully nude, and I imagine it has not changed. I didn't really audition, just sent pics to the house mom on IG and they let me work.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenamoon For This Useful Post:

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152