Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Results 1,126 to 1,142 of 1142

Thread: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

Quote Originally Posted by anacol View Post
    Can you give a list as to where those upscale black clubs are? I've worked this industry for 12 years and always worked at mixed clubs and done extremely well. I've tried black clubs but black men want big ass, really thick women who do nothing but bounce their butts all day, hand stands and sweating like boxers for a few bucks. So I prefer to work where I'm wanted, which is wherever I like and get hired. I don't think anyone is turning their nose down to anyone. Everyone just want to go where the money is. And for me, like I said is where I get hired.
    What are some mixed clubs along the south? Do you need licenses as a traveling dancer?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

I live in Lafayette,what club? Although I'm skeptical of dancing around here I would feel more comfortable dancing in Nola,BR and Houston

Senior Member chocolatebombshell's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by HaitianKitty View Post
    I live in Lafayette,what club? Although I'm skeptical of dancing around here I would feel more comfortable dancing in Nola,BR and Houston

There's only one club in Lafayette (Broussard) Michael's. (If you can get on,they don't hire black girls that much) The only place that does not need a permit is probably NOLA. I think everywhere you need a permit to keep working there.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatebombshell View Post
    There's only one club in Lafayette (Broussard) Michael's. (If you can get on,they don't hire black girls that much) The only place that does not need a permit is probably NOLA. I think everywhere you need a permit to keep working there.
    Oh ok yea that's like 10 mins from me.id rather stick to Nola.one day I'm going to try she shes

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by HaitianKitty View Post
    Oh ok yea that's like 10 mins from me.id rather stick to Nola.one day I'm going to try she shes
    Good luck! Never tried there yet

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anacol View Post
    Are you kidding me! Lol... there's nothing upscale about onyx nor V live!! Girl stop playing. But if those places work for you, then more power to you! Lmao!!!!
    I think she meant upscale as in not divey. More club owners are getting with the program and opening/renovating their establishments to look better. It won't be Penthouse level, but better than it has been in the past. Now that I've been in the game for a minute, I realize these owners think little of their customers and dancers, so they won't spend any more money than is necessary. But a few are waking up. I can think of 4 clubs in NC that have been and are currently getting renovated.
    Women of color:
    Shake your ass and preserve your heritage.
    Bang those fucking drums.
    Do it for the present and future generations.
    Have fun and stick it to the man at the same time.
    (bad-dominicana)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanAliesha View Post
    Does anyone have information for NC?
    Which city?
    Women of color:
    Shake your ass and preserve your heritage.
    Bang those fucking drums.
    Do it for the present and future generations.
    Have fun and stick it to the man at the same time.
    (bad-dominicana)

Thanks

Any info on vegas?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to moonangelko For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Black NC dancer here! I live in Raleigh and have worked at nearly every club in the Raleigh-Durham area.

Men's Club: A complete waste of time. The building itself is very nice, and it used to be the best club in the area and crawling with money, but it went downhill super fast. The manager Brett has no idea how to run a business, and is all he cares about is his authority. Chris has anger management issues and will take his mood out on anyone for any reason whatsoever. Dave is the only one who knows what he's doing but they won't let him have an ounce of power; they only hired him as a manager so he can't go to any of the other clubs and increase their business, a fail because the club is a dumpster fire now anyway. Literally the only way to make money is to do extras. Even the top girls, who were making up to a grand a night, could barely make $50. Dancers that have been loyal for years have up and quit. The way dances used to be, you could set your own process as long as it wasn't below $30. Now, you can't. House fees depended on how many days you worked the previous week: if you worked 5 days, next week is free; 4 days, its $45 the next week. 3 days means $60, i think. You are required to be there, dressed, and ready to go by 7pm, when they have their walk down intro, and if you miss it, you're "late" and that shift doesn't count towards next week's fee so if you were aiming for a certain house fee you now have to work another day to hit it. You can get around it on Wednesday-Saturday bc they have two night shifts: regular 7-2 shift, and another shift from 10-4 on Wed and Thu, 10-5 Fri and Sat. Those nights they have after hours. Used to be AMAZING money but now it's whack. But if you can't make it by 7, call and ask if you can come in at ten and they will tell you yes. You have a 4 day minimum schedule and you make it when you fill out your contract, and that is your schedule forever, unless you ask to change it, which they may or may not agree to. If you want to take off on a day you're scheduled to work, you have to call and "ask." They will have you schedule a makeup day, and if you miss it, it's a $200+ fine. 🙄 Dress code is gowns and dresses. Two pieces were acceptable so long as you had a skirt on the bottom half, but I've heard they Til that option away and it's only once piece now, but idk for sure.

I'll give info on the other clubs but I wanna switch over to desktop. I just got my nails done and it is a pain in the ass trying to type because I keep making typos lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to elle-the-belle For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Heavens is terrible I had the same experiences and I've been there at least 3 times

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elle-the-belle View Post
    Black NC dancer here! I live in Raleigh and have worked at nearly every club in the Raleigh-Durham area.

Men's Club: A complete waste of time. The building itself is very nice, and it used to be the best club in the area and crawling with money, but it went downhill super fast. The manager Brett has no idea how to run a business, and is all he cares about is his authority. Chris has anger management issues and will take his mood out on anyone for any reason whatsoever. Dave is the only one who knows what he's doing but they won't let him have an ounce of power; they only hired him as a manager so he can't go to any of the other clubs and increase their business, a fail because the club is a dumpster fire now anyway. Literally the only way to make money is to do extras. Even the top girls, who were making up to a grand a night, could barely make $50. Dancers that have been loyal for years have up and quit. The way dances used to be, you could set your own process as long as it wasn't below $30. Now, you can't. House fees depended on how many days you worked the previous week: if you worked 5 days, next week is free; 4 days, its $45 the next week. 3 days means $60, i think. You are required to be there, dressed, and ready to go by 7pm, when they have their walk down intro, and if you miss it, you're "late" and that shift doesn't count towards next week's fee so if you were aiming for a certain house fee you now have to work another day to hit it. You can get around it on Wednesday-Saturday bc they have two night shifts: regular 7-2 shift, and another shift from 10-4 on Wed and Thu, 10-5 Fri and Sat. Those nights they have after hours. Used to be AMAZING money but now it's whack. But if you can't make it by 7, call and ask if you can come in at ten and they will tell you yes. You have a 4 day minimum schedule and you make it when you fill out your contract, and that is your schedule forever, unless you ask to change it, which they may or may not agree to. If you want to take off on a day you're scheduled to work, you have to call and "ask." They will have you schedule a makeup day, and if you miss it, it's a $200+ fine. �� Dress code is gowns and dresses. Two pieces were acceptable so long as you had a skirt on the bottom half, but I've heard they Til that option away and it's only once piece now, but idk for sure.

I'll give info on the other clubs but I wanna switch over to desktop. I just got my nails done and it is a pain in the ass trying to type because I keep making typos lol
    info on the other clubs?
    Dress to kill the wallet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Resurrecting this thread.

Have any of you worked at V Live Memphis?

What about V Live Dallas? I worked at the newer Houston one for a week and hated it although I did make money. I really didn't get how the set up worked with being able to go into VIP areas and what not and for the life of me, I don't understand how money on the floor works. I'm used to just being able to bend down and fill up my bag with my winnings right there. If I hated the Houston club, will I hate the Dallas one? Their instagram is like a damn mirage in the middle of the dessert. I know I can't trust Instagram but like every day they're posting some $4k stage set for girls that are barely even dancing. That can be me! lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

Are any ladies here aware of the NYC STRIPPER STRIKE? What’s going on far as you being able to work right now with everything? Colorism is happening everywhere,but I’m glad seems like people are coming together.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

@lexynyc

did the NOLA one & Houston before all the chains came about. I feel like the only true way to make money is having sex with DC. He came at me in NOLA & I was making okay money before that,but seems like once I turned him down...that was it. The tip outs,the percentage,the waiting til 9-10am to get paid isn’t worth it to me. This is my experience tho.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolatebombshell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatebombshell View Post
    @lexynyc

did the NOLA one & Houston before all the chains came about. I feel like the only true way to make money is having sex with DC. He came at me in NOLA & I was making okay money before that,but seems like once I turned him down...that was it. The tip outs,the percentage,the waiting til 9-10am to get paid isn’t worth it to me. This is my experience tho.
    He relentlessly tried to get sex out of me when I was in Houston too. What a creep. I wonder what the clubs are like when he isn't there. It would suck if he flies from club to club to be at all the promoted events.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by LexyNYC View Post
    He relentlessly tried to get sex out of me when I was in Houston too. What a creep. I wonder what the clubs are like when he isn't there. It would suck if he flies from club to club to be at all the promoted events.
    I worked a few times without him & all the security were creeps (NOLA). From what I know he flies to each club when there’s something big.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolatebombshell For This Useful Post:

Thanks

any places will hire my tall slim thick self in phoenix, tempe, or sottsdale az? looking to go there for the winter

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546