Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1154

Thread: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

  1. #1126
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    My Mood
    Stressed

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by anacol View Post
    Can you give a list as to where those upscale black clubs are? I've worked this industry for 12 years and always worked at mixed clubs and done extremely well. I've tried black clubs but black men want big ass, really thick women who do nothing but bounce their butts all day, hand stands and sweating like boxers for a few bucks. So I prefer to work where I'm wanted, which is wherever I like and get hired. I don't think anyone is turning their nose down to anyone. Everyone just want to go where the money is. And for me, like I said is where I get hired.
    What are some mixed clubs along the south? Do you need licenses as a traveling dancer?

  2. #1127
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    My Mood
    Stressed

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    I live in Lafayette,what club? Although I'm skeptical of dancing around here I would feel more comfortable dancing in Nola,BR and Houston

  3. #1128
    Veteran Member chocolatebombshell's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 232 Times in 88 Posts
    My Mood
    Asleep

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by HaitianKitty View Post
    I live in Lafayette,what club? Although I'm skeptical of dancing around here I would feel more comfortable dancing in Nola,BR and Houston

    There's only one club in Lafayette (Broussard) Michael's. (If you can get on,they don't hire black girls that much) The only place that does not need a permit is probably NOLA. I think everywhere you need a permit to keep working there.

  4. #1129
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    My Mood
    Stressed

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatebombshell View Post
    There's only one club in Lafayette (Broussard) Michael's. (If you can get on,they don't hire black girls that much) The only place that does not need a permit is probably NOLA. I think everywhere you need a permit to keep working there.
    Oh ok yea that's like 10 mins from me.id rather stick to Nola.one day I'm going to try she shes

  5. #1130
    Veteran Member chocolatebombshell's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 232 Times in 88 Posts
    My Mood
    Asleep

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by HaitianKitty View Post
    Oh ok yea that's like 10 mins from me.id rather stick to Nola.one day I'm going to try she shes
    Good luck! Never tried there yet

  6. #1131
    God/dess PleasureVictim's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2005
    Location
    nowhere I want to be
    Posts
    3,685
    Thanks
    803
    Thanked 744 Times in 389 Posts

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by anacol View Post
    Are you kidding me! Lol... there's nothing upscale about onyx nor V live!! Girl stop playing. But if those places work for you, then more power to you! Lmao!!!!
    I think she meant upscale as in not divey. More club owners are getting with the program and opening/renovating their establishments to look better. It won't be Penthouse level, but better than it has been in the past. Now that I've been in the game for a minute, I realize these owners think little of their customers and dancers, so they won't spend any more money than is necessary. But a few are waking up. I can think of 4 clubs in NC that have been and are currently getting renovated.
    Women of color:
    Shake your ass and preserve your heritage.
    Bang those fucking drums.
    Do it for the present and future generations.
    Have fun and stick it to the man at the same time.
    (bad-dominicana)

  7. #1132
    God/dess PleasureVictim's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2005
    Location
    nowhere I want to be
    Posts
    3,685
    Thanks
    803
    Thanked 744 Times in 389 Posts

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanAliesha View Post
    Does anyone have information for NC?
    Which city?
    Women of color:
    Shake your ass and preserve your heritage.
    Bang those fucking drums.
    Do it for the present and future generations.
    Have fun and stick it to the man at the same time.
    (bad-dominicana)

  8. #1133
    Senior Member moonangelko's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 154 Times in 67 Posts

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Any info on vegas?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to moonangelko For This Useful Post:


  10. #1134
    Newbie elle-the-belle's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Black NC dancer here! I live in Raleigh and have worked at nearly every club in the Raleigh-Durham area.

    Men's Club: A complete waste of time. The building itself is very nice, and it used to be the best club in the area and crawling with money, but it went downhill super fast. The manager Brett has no idea how to run a business, and is all he cares about is his authority. Chris has anger management issues and will take his mood out on anyone for any reason whatsoever. Dave is the only one who knows what he's doing but they won't let him have an ounce of power; they only hired him as a manager so he can't go to any of the other clubs and increase their business, a fail because the club is a dumpster fire now anyway. Literally the only way to make money is to do extras. Even the top girls, who were making up to a grand a night, could barely make $50. Dancers that have been loyal for years have up and quit. The way dances used to be, you could set your own process as long as it wasn't below $30. Now, you can't. House fees depended on how many days you worked the previous week: if you worked 5 days, next week is free; 4 days, its $45 the next week. 3 days means $60, i think. You are required to be there, dressed, and ready to go by 7pm, when they have their walk down intro, and if you miss it, you're "late" and that shift doesn't count towards next week's fee so if you were aiming for a certain house fee you now have to work another day to hit it. You can get around it on Wednesday-Saturday bc they have two night shifts: regular 7-2 shift, and another shift from 10-4 on Wed and Thu, 10-5 Fri and Sat. Those nights they have after hours. Used to be AMAZING money but now it's whack. But if you can't make it by 7, call and ask if you can come in at ten and they will tell you yes. You have a 4 day minimum schedule and you make it when you fill out your contract, and that is your schedule forever, unless you ask to change it, which they may or may not agree to. If you want to take off on a day you're scheduled to work, you have to call and "ask." They will have you schedule a makeup day, and if you miss it, it's a $200+ fine. 🙄 Dress code is gowns and dresses. Two pieces were acceptable so long as you had a skirt on the bottom half, but I've heard they Til that option away and it's only once piece now, but idk for sure.

    I'll give info on the other clubs but I wanna switch over to desktop. I just got my nails done and it is a pain in the ass trying to type because I keep making typos lol

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to elle-the-belle For This Useful Post:


  12. #1135
    Curious Guest
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Heavens is terrible I had the same experiences and I've been there at least 3 times

  13. #1136
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    179
    Thanked 753 Times in 262 Posts

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by elle-the-belle View Post
    Black NC dancer here! I live in Raleigh and have worked at nearly every club in the Raleigh-Durham area.

    Men's Club: A complete waste of time. The building itself is very nice, and it used to be the best club in the area and crawling with money, but it went downhill super fast. The manager Brett has no idea how to run a business, and is all he cares about is his authority. Chris has anger management issues and will take his mood out on anyone for any reason whatsoever. Dave is the only one who knows what he's doing but they won't let him have an ounce of power; they only hired him as a manager so he can't go to any of the other clubs and increase their business, a fail because the club is a dumpster fire now anyway. Literally the only way to make money is to do extras. Even the top girls, who were making up to a grand a night, could barely make $50. Dancers that have been loyal for years have up and quit. The way dances used to be, you could set your own process as long as it wasn't below $30. Now, you can't. House fees depended on how many days you worked the previous week: if you worked 5 days, next week is free; 4 days, its $45 the next week. 3 days means $60, i think. You are required to be there, dressed, and ready to go by 7pm, when they have their walk down intro, and if you miss it, you're "late" and that shift doesn't count towards next week's fee so if you were aiming for a certain house fee you now have to work another day to hit it. You can get around it on Wednesday-Saturday bc they have two night shifts: regular 7-2 shift, and another shift from 10-4 on Wed and Thu, 10-5 Fri and Sat. Those nights they have after hours. Used to be AMAZING money but now it's whack. But if you can't make it by 7, call and ask if you can come in at ten and they will tell you yes. You have a 4 day minimum schedule and you make it when you fill out your contract, and that is your schedule forever, unless you ask to change it, which they may or may not agree to. If you want to take off on a day you're scheduled to work, you have to call and "ask." They will have you schedule a makeup day, and if you miss it, it's a $200+ fine. �� Dress code is gowns and dresses. Two pieces were acceptable so long as you had a skirt on the bottom half, but I've heard they Til that option away and it's only once piece now, but idk for sure.

    I'll give info on the other clubs but I wanna switch over to desktop. I just got my nails done and it is a pain in the ass trying to type because I keep making typos lol
    info on the other clubs?
    Dress to kill the wallet.

  14. #1137
    Veteran Member LexyNYC's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    617
    Thanks
    869
    Thanked 772 Times in 287 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Resurrecting this thread.


    Have any of you worked at V Live Memphis?


    What about V Live Dallas? I worked at the newer Houston one for a week and hated it although I did make money. I really didn't get how the set up worked with being able to go into VIP areas and what not and for the life of me, I don't understand how money on the floor works. I'm used to just being able to bend down and fill up my bag with my winnings right there. If I hated the Houston club, will I hate the Dallas one? Their instagram is like a damn mirage in the middle of the dessert. I know I can't trust Instagram but like every day they're posting some $4k stage set for girls that are barely even dancing. That can be me! lol

  15. #1138
    Veteran Member chocolatebombshell's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 232 Times in 88 Posts
    My Mood
    Asleep

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Are any ladies here aware of the NYC STRIPPER STRIKE? What’s going on far as you being able to work right now with everything? Colorism is happening everywhere,but I’m glad seems like people are coming together.

  16. #1139
    Veteran Member chocolatebombshell's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 232 Times in 88 Posts
    My Mood
    Asleep

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    @lexynyc

    did the NOLA one & Houston before all the chains came about. I feel like the only true way to make money is having sex with DC. He came at me in NOLA & I was making okay money before that,but seems like once I turned him down...that was it. The tip outs,the percentage,the waiting til 9-10am to get paid isn’t worth it to me. This is my experience tho.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocolatebombshell For This Useful Post:


  18. #1140
    Veteran Member LexyNYC's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    617
    Thanks
    869
    Thanked 772 Times in 287 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatebombshell View Post
    @lexynyc

    did the NOLA one & Houston before all the chains came about. I feel like the only true way to make money is having sex with DC. He came at me in NOLA & I was making okay money before that,but seems like once I turned him down...that was it. The tip outs,the percentage,the waiting til 9-10am to get paid isn’t worth it to me. This is my experience tho.
    He relentlessly tried to get sex out of me when I was in Houston too. What a creep. I wonder what the clubs are like when he isn't there. It would suck if he flies from club to club to be at all the promoted events.

  19. #1141
    Veteran Member chocolatebombshell's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 232 Times in 88 Posts
    My Mood
    Asleep

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by LexyNYC View Post
    He relentlessly tried to get sex out of me when I was in Houston too. What a creep. I wonder what the clubs are like when he isn't there. It would suck if he flies from club to club to be at all the promoted events.
    I worked a few times without him & all the security were creeps (NOLA). From what I know he flies to each club when there’s something big.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolatebombshell For This Useful Post:


  21. #1142
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NYC-Worldwide
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    any places will hire my tall slim thick self in phoenix, tempe, or sottsdale az? looking to go there for the winter

  22. #1143
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by LexyNYC View Post
    Resurrecting this thread.


    Have any of you worked at V Live Memphis?


    What about V Live Dallas? I worked at the newer Houston one for a week and hated it although I did make money. I really didn't get how the set up worked with being able to go into VIP areas and what not and for the life of me, I don't understand how money on the floor works. I'm used to just being able to bend down and fill up my bag with my winnings right there. If I hated the Houston club, will I hate the Dallas one? Their instagram is like a damn mirage in the middle of the dessert. I know I can't trust Instagram but like every day they're posting some $4k stage set for girls that are barely even dancing. That can be me! lol
    Can you tell me more about your experience at the new v live in Houston? I've danced there a few times and was confused like you were... I'm hoping to learn a little bit about the culture before going back.

  23. #1144
    Veteran Member LexyNYC's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    617
    Thanks
    869
    Thanked 772 Times in 287 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by loren713 View Post
    Can you tell me more about your experience at the new v live in Houston? I've danced there a few times and was confused like you were... I'm hoping to learn a little bit about the culture before going back.
    Well I was brought down there by a girl that's cool with DC. The day before we worked at VLive, we worked at some hole in the wall club that I think was called Velvet Lady (or Purple Lady, Velvet Lounge, idk, something like that.. it was in a strip mall). We did really well there and I figured V Live would be magnitudes better.


    V Live was an experience. The house fee was like $135 to walk in and then they wanted 10% of everything. We were told to go on stage and that if we didn't want be recorded and photographed we needed to "get the fuck out". I was forced to buy an $80 outfit because all of my outfits were thongs and apparently you have to wear full bottoms until 12 and then after than you can be nude. It makes no sense. Anyway, one of the managers or whoever was telling me the rules and they said we couldn't just walk into VIP sections. Damn near the whole club is lined with VIP sections. I figured these things were essentially off limits to me unless a guy waved me in. I was also told that you can't pick up money off the floor so if a guy tips you, you need to just stand over it until a worker comes around with a garbage bag to pick it up and write your name on it.

    So, I spent the shift aimlessly walking around, hoping that somebody would grab me and pull me into a VIP section. I saw other girls just walking into sections but I didn't want to rock the boat and break the rules since I was new and from out of town. I went on stage with my homegirl and some other girls. This basketball player tipped me $1,000. My friend was tipped $1,000 by a customer on stage. None of the other girls on our set were tipped. I know me and my friend each made $1,000 because both guys had the money wrapped in plastic and we got every dollar. I think that night I left with like $600 or $700 total. I'm used to working at places where when I get tipped $1,000, I go home with $1,000 so that was bullshit to me.

    On top of that, every customer that I spoke to asked me for sex after the club. I'm from NY where I get propositioned maybe 3 times a week, if that. Literally every customer I spoke to in Houston was asking for sex.

    On top of that, the club had called every girl on stage to dance and there was some penalty if we didn't go. Some girls were dancing nude. I didn't know what this stage set was but I figured we all got tipped and we all split the money. My dumb ass was dancing off the side of the stage, really putting on a show for these customers and getting tipped. Come to find out, all the money from that stage set is for the DJ. If that nonsense ever happened in NY, strippers would riot and the DJ would have been laughed out of town.

    The main reason I wanted to work there is because of how good it looked online. People in NYC often talk about how great it is down south and you know how girls from these clubs used to post videos of them with garbage bags full of singles. What they don't tell you is that those garbage bags are not for 1 girl, they're to be divided up between like 10 girls and the club. You would think that if girls were making tons of money down there like they pretend to, that they would drive and have nice vehicles. The best car that I saw a dancer pull away in was a Challenger. Even the customers had shitty cars. The best ones were old ass Bentleys which look impressive unless you know that they're actually only worth like $50-65k. In NYC, the good dancers have cars that cost more than that. Working in Houston made me appreciate NYC. I realized how good we have it up here because the girls down there are damn near getting pimped by the club and they're all fronting on Instagram like every day is Christmas to make the club look better.

    The one good thing that I saw down there was on grand opening night. There's that glass VIP room upstairs. There were a bunch of guys in there and they pulled in maybe 10-15 random dancers. Those girls stayed in the room all night and the guys made it thunder storm in there. They threw over $10k, maybe $20k so those girls made money, even after they divided it all up and gave the club their cut. But other than that, I didn't see anything impressive. I didn't see any dancer, even the popular ones who had their pictures framed on the walls, make any real money. There were a bunch of customers that had $1k bundles that they threw in the air but there would be 5-6 girls standing around to get their name on that bag of money which means they each girl made a little over $100 after splitting it and giving the club their cut. It was just ass. And that seemed to be how girls made their money. They would spot a guy with $1k in his hand and they'd just stand there until he throws it. Once he throws it, a worker would come over to pick it up and ask the girl's standing around for their names so they can be written on the bag. Then we all got to stay there till the wee hours of the morning, hourssssssss after closing just so we could count the money under the watchful eye of the workers and they could get their grubby mits on 10% of every dollar every girl made, as if paying $135 while dancing nude and being recorded wasn't enough.

    I think I was there for 3 days and it just got worse each day. The last day I was there was a Monday and it was DEAD. I had met a customer on one of the other days and he came to the club to try to get in my pants. He took the entire night to tip me $500. I hid the money in my outfit and then in my locker because fuck it, and fuck that club, I wasn't about to give them 10%. All in all, it was a disaster and I'd never entertain working at that club again. I don't even know why I asked about V Live Dallas because I can only imagine that it's similar since it's run by the same people, has a lot of the same dancers, and must have a lot of the same customers. I would work at that Velvet Lounge/Purple Lady/Velvet Lady club again but I wouldn't travel down there just for that.

    Oh and another weird thing with the strip club culture in Houston is that the workers and customers expect the strippers to go to a regular club first and then go to the strip club at like 2 in the morning. Apparently it's normal for strippers to try to find customers in the normal club to bring them out to the strip club. The DJ was trying to get my friend and me to go to some club before work but I didn't bring clubbing clothes because ya know, it was a work trip, not a friggin clubbing trip. It was really weird. Imo, stripping in Houston is more of a lifestyle than it is a job.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LexyNYC For This Useful Post:


  25. #1145
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by LexyNYC View Post
    Well I was brought down there by a girl that's cool with DC. The day before we worked at VLive, we worked at some hole in the wall club that I think was called Velvet Lady (or Purple Lady, Velvet Lounge, idk, something like that.. it was in a strip mall). We did really well there and I figured V Live would be magnitudes better.


    V Live was an experience. The house fee was like $135 to walk in and then they wanted 10% of everything. We were told to go on stage and that if we didn't want be recorded and photographed we needed to "get the fuck out". I was forced to buy an $80 outfit because all of my outfits were thongs and apparently you have to wear full bottoms until 12 and then after than you can be nude. It makes no sense. Anyway, one of the managers or whoever was telling me the rules and they said we couldn't just walk into VIP sections. Damn near the whole club is lined with VIP sections. I figured these things were essentially off limits to me unless a guy waved me in. I was also told that you can't pick up money off the floor so if a guy tips you, you need to just stand over it until a worker comes around with a garbage bag to pick it up and write your name on it.

    So, I spent the shift aimlessly walking around, hoping that somebody would grab me and pull me into a VIP section. I saw other girls just walking into sections but I didn't want to rock the boat and break the rules since I was new and from out of town. I went on stage with my homegirl and some other girls. This basketball player tipped me $1,000. My friend was tipped $1,000 by a customer on stage. None of the other girls on our set were tipped. I know me and my friend each made $1,000 because both guys had the money wrapped in plastic and we got every dollar. I think that night I left with like $600 or $700 total. I'm used to working at places where when I get tipped $1,000, I go home with $1,000 so that was bullshit to me.

    On top of that, every customer that I spoke to asked me for sex after the club. I'm from NY where I get propositioned maybe 3 times a week, if that. Literally every customer I spoke to in Houston was asking for sex.

    On top of that, the club had called every girl on stage to dance and there was some penalty if we didn't go. Some girls were dancing nude. I didn't know what this stage set was but I figured we all got tipped and we all split the money. My dumb ass was dancing off the side of the stage, really putting on a show for these customers and getting tipped. Come to find out, all the money from that stage set is for the DJ. If that nonsense ever happened in NY, strippers would riot and the DJ would have been laughed out of town.

    The main reason I wanted to work there is because of how good it looked online. People in NYC often talk about how great it is down south and you know how girls from these clubs used to post videos of them with garbage bags full of singles. What they don't tell you is that those garbage bags are not for 1 girl, they're to be divided up between like 10 girls and the club. You would think that if girls were making tons of money down there like they pretend to, that they would drive and have nice vehicles. The best car that I saw a dancer pull away in was a Challenger. Even the customers had shitty cars. The best ones were old ass Bentleys which look impressive unless you know that they're actually only worth like $50-65k. In NYC, the good dancers have cars that cost more than that. Working in Houston made me appreciate NYC. I realized how good we have it up here because the girls down there are damn near getting pimped by the club and they're all fronting on Instagram like every day is Christmas to make the club look better.

    The one good thing that I saw down there was on grand opening night. There's that glass VIP room upstairs. There were a bunch of guys in there and they pulled in maybe 10-15 random dancers. Those girls stayed in the room all night and the guys made it thunder storm in there. They threw over $10k, maybe $20k so those girls made money, even after they divided it all up and gave the club their cut. But other than that, I didn't see anything impressive. I didn't see any dancer, even the popular ones who had their pictures framed on the walls, make any real money. There were a bunch of customers that had $1k bundles that they threw in the air but there would be 5-6 girls standing around to get their name on that bag of money which means they each girl made a little over $100 after splitting it and giving the club their cut. It was just ass. And that seemed to be how girls made their money. They would spot a guy with $1k in his hand and they'd just stand there until he throws it. Once he throws it, a worker would come over to pick it up and ask the girl's standing around for their names so they can be written on the bag. Then we all got to stay there till the wee hours of the morning, hourssssssss after closing just so we could count the money under the watchful eye of the workers and they could get their grubby mits on 10% of every dollar every girl made, as if paying $135 while dancing nude and being recorded wasn't enough.

    I think I was there for 3 days and it just got worse each day. The last day I was there was a Monday and it was DEAD. I had met a customer on one of the other days and he came to the club to try to get in my pants. He took the entire night to tip me $500. I hid the money in my outfit and then in my locker because fuck it, and fuck that club, I wasn't about to give them 10%. All in all, it was a disaster and I'd never entertain working at that club again. I don't even know why I asked about V Live Dallas because I can only imagine that it's similar since it's run by the same people, has a lot of the same dancers, and must have a lot of the same customers. I would work at that Velvet Lounge/Purple Lady/Velvet Lady club again but I wouldn't travel down there just for that.

    Oh and another weird thing with the strip club culture in Houston is that the workers and customers expect the strippers to go to a regular club first and then go to the strip club at like 2 in the morning. Apparently it's normal for strippers to try to find customers in the normal club to bring them out to the strip club. The DJ was trying to get my friend and me to go to some club before work but I didn't bring clubbing clothes because ya know, it was a work trip, not a friggin clubbing trip. It was really weird. Imo, stripping in Houston is more of a lifestyle than it is a job.
    Yeah, that's pretty much how it is. Our experiences are pretty much identical. I was hoping you'd have some secret insight on how to make money there lol. The only rule I know about when it comes to the VIP sections is that once money starts hitting the floor you can't join, but other than that in my time there I would just walk in and out of sections freely. I enjoyed going out "promoting" as they liked to call it because it was literally free bottles and sections at all of the major clubs in Houston and it gave me something to do until the crowd got to the club which like you said wasn't until after 2am. But yeah, money there is made on stage and in sections which means you're most likely splitting it with 4+ girls and the club, which is why I left. Even though the high tip outs and the bullshit were not worth it, some of my favorite stripper memories come from that place thanks to all the celebrities I got to meet from dancing there... but that's it lol. I do agree that everyone there is fronting on IG and it is more of a lifestyle. I know some of the dancers there work at other clubs prior to getting there at 2am so that's how they're probably making most of their money. I might go back once I have some solid savings racked up because to me it was a fun experience, but it felt more like a night out than work. I just can't with the ridiculously high tip outs right now smh.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to loren713 For This Useful Post:


  27. #1146
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 95 Times in 45 Posts

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by LexyNYC View Post
    Resurrecting this thread.


    Have any of you worked at V Live Memphis?


    What about V Live Dallas? I worked at the newer Houston one for a week and hated it although I did make money. I really didn't get how the set up worked with being able to go into VIP areas and what not and for the life of me, I don't understand how money on the floor works. I'm used to just being able to bend down and fill up my bag with my winnings right there. If I hated the Houston club, will I hate the Dallas one? Their instagram is like a damn mirage in the middle of the dessert. I know I can't trust Instagram but like every day they're posting some $4k stage set for girls that are barely even dancing. That can be me! lol
    GIRL! V Live Memphis is a total bust. I went in there one day to be a waitress NOT a dancer but a simple waitress(because I have more experience waiting tables in restaurants then I do dancing in clubs) and the woman told me I don't have enough followers Instagram to wait tables in there

    I was like:https://media.giphy.com/media/53lN577WPCFGM/giphy.gif

    So I said fuck my ten years of experience huh?

    But even with that being said I work at a bar downtown and some Friday and Saturday when I diving home from work like maybe 2 or 3 in the morning and I have drive past that place in order to get home and the place be DEAD

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ivy Love For This Useful Post:


  29. #1147
    Member JuicyJ215646's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Came across a two-week old ad on CL and seems like Mr. Wedge may be attempting a facelift. Anyone got the tea? I plan to go in and audition this week so I'll report back soon! CL ad below...

    https://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/f...402154746.html

  30. #1148
    Moderator Optimist's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    lapland
    Posts
    7,552
    Thanks
    6,523
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,877 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJ215646 View Post
    Came across a two-week old ad on CL and seems like Mr. Wedge may be attempting a facelift. Anyone got the tea? I plan to go in and audition this week so I'll report back soon! CL ad below...

    https://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/f...402154746.html
    Well Goddamn! I never thought I'd see this day. I worked at an upscale place at the edge of the Bronx many moons ago and indeed you can make upscale money in that Boro IF it's promoted properly. It's too bad they didn't time their opening for October or November. Jan/Feb isn't the best time for a new spot, especially if its a stormy/snowy season.
    It takes a WOMAN to Suffer Ignorance and SMILE--Be YOURSELF No Matter What They Say. And BE MERRY, Ladies!


  31. #1149
    Moderator Optimist's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    lapland
    Posts
    7,552
    Thanks
    6,523
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,877 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJ215646 View Post
    Came across a two-week old ad on CL and seems like Mr. Wedge may be attempting a facelift. Anyone got the tea? I plan to go in and audition this week so I'll report back soon! CL ad below...

    https://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/f...402154746.html
    Well Goddamn! I never thought I'd see this day. I worked at an upscale place at the edge of the Bronx many moons ago and indeed you can make upscale money in that Boro IF it's promoted properly. It's too bad they didn't time their opening for October or November. Jan/Feb isn't the best time for a new spot, especially if its a stormy/snowy season.
    It takes a WOMAN to Suffer Ignorance and SMILE--Be YOURSELF No Matter What They Say. And BE MERRY, Ladies!


  32. #1150
    Veteran Member LexyNYC's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    617
    Thanks
    869
    Thanked 772 Times in 287 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default Re: clubs for black dancers....up to date info please

    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJ215646 View Post
    Came across a two-week old ad on CL and seems like Mr. Wedge may be attempting a facelift. Anyone got the tea? I plan to go in and audition this week so I'll report back soon! CL ad below...

    https://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/f...402154746.html
    I heard the folks that had Sin City bought The Wedge.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to LexyNYC For This Useful Post:


Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Black dancers in Upscale gentlemen's clubs
    By lilac666 in forum Stripping (was Stripping General)
    Replies: 244
    Last Post: 11-09-2017, 12:20 PM
  2. Delilahs info- any up to date info?
    By _Elle_ in forum Club Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 05:20 PM
  3. LAS VEGAS DANCERS - I need info on the clubs!
    By ~*Twilight*~ in forum Club Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 03:40 AM
  4. Info on black dancer friendly Tampa clubs please?
    By AngelEyezXYZ in forum Club Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 09:30 AM
  5. clubs in illinois mainly for black dancers
    By catnheat in forum Club Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 04:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •