Thread: What the hell?

Thanks

Default What the hell?

Last night, my very teeny tiny club had SIXTEEN dancers! (This is for a club that has only one stage, mind you.) Out of those sixteen, seven didn't even make enough to pay their house & DJ. Of those seven, 2 made under $20 and 5 made under $10.

I would approach a table, smile, and say, "Mind if I join you?" and be told NO! This happened THREE TIMES last night! There were four girls (including me) crying in the dressing room.

This is ridiculous. I made $15 last night (owed $15 DJ, $10 house), so I paid $10 to the DJ and $5 to the house. Tonight, I owe DJ & house $5 each. And Fridays are not normally big money-makers for me.

This is just killing me. I haven't broken $100 the last 4 nights I've worked (84, 40, 55, and -5, to be precise), and this is working 7-9 hour shifts! Nobody else is earning anything, either. So how can I keep my motivation up? I'm basically planning to work 6 days a week for the next two weeks, starting tonight. I NEED the money so I can get down to Dallas this summer. How can I keep motivated and get myself back in the swing of things?

(NOTE: Please keep this thread positive and motivating.)

Thanks

Default Re: What the hell?

I think Memorial Day weekend kinda fucked everything up. People travel and hang out with their friends/families and get drunk at home, rather than at the club. It's ok. It'll pick up
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberrySwitchblade View Post
    As I was walking by the dressing room to the little girl's room, I heard this gem:

Stripper: "And that wasn't the first time I lost my panties while bull-riding."

Thanks

I totally sympathize with you. I cut my shift short last night (I had already worked 7 hours at my day job....thats how I justified it) and when I left the dancer to custy ratio was 26 to 3 at a very small club that looked packed just from the dancers I didn't even make a dam dollar! That being said...

Remember that $ can be very inconsistant in this biz. It's the end of the month; dancers need money so (at least where Im at) you get an influx of girls there to make rent or what not, it was a Thursday so it's possible custys are trying to make it payday. Our economy sucks and it's showing everywhere yadda yadda yadda.

Don't lose faith, you only need one person to make your night a great one! Plus that's a 180 bucks you didn't have right??? Thats what I gotta tell myself on those dead nights that have been happening more and more.

Chin up Beautiful! Take your A game to work every night and keep your thoughts positive, you'll get it done!

Thanks

How well do the waitresses do at your clubs? At the clubs Ive worked at in N TX the waitresses were always getting extra attention. Good Luck tonight just clear your mind and try to enjoy yourself. I always do better when Im not constantly counting my money.

God/dess
    Thanks

Sometimes it works for me if I go in with the attitude of "Just go and have fun!" When you are naturally having fun you make more money. When I get in the "gotta make money" mood I often look desperate and then don't make money.

Thanks

Keep in mind that this not only the week after a holiday (people are burned out on partying and have spent their beer budget) AND it is the last week of the month so every dancer is trying to work to pay their rent.

My club is usually reliable, but has been total shit this week for everyone across the board. It's not just your club.
    Last edited by paintgoddess; 05-30-2008 at 07:22 PM. Reason: i have tiny tits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysondra View Post
    Strippers are like ninjas. You never know how many there are or if the person next to you is one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    ...I assume you probably don't want to deal with pervs, and the guys that just don't give a fuck about money are like unicorns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinder View Post
    I know I have said it before, and I'll say it again.... THE VAGINA IS NOT A CLOWN CAR!

made_of_sequins

I don't know what various cities in TX are like at the moment, but maybe you could go to Dallas earlier than you planned, stay longer and make it partly a working vacation? A change of scenery might do you some good, esp if the clubs there are doing more business than your home club right now.

Thanks

No other nearby clubs?

Look like a woman
    Think like a man
    Act like a lady
    Work like a dog

- My Great Grandmother Bessie's Recipe for Success

Thanks

Dude, that is lame. Maybe call private party agencies in your area and see if you can work?
    Sexy Jasmine after getting fucked over at work:

God loves strippers and when guys do things like that its an automatic ticket to HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by anomar View Post
    Perhaps you stopped spending money on her. Strippers need money to operate. They are like coin operated juke-boxes of love.

Featured Member
    Thanks

my club's been like that a lot lately. it's not super small or anything, but the dancer: customer ratio has been off as fuck. on tuesday, i made 2$ on stage all night...and no dances. so, i left basically negative 29$ and it would've been more if the dj and manager had insisted on their tip out.

i keep telling myself to stick with it and wait for the economy to come back and all that, but i've got to admit...the idea of dating an old dude with money is looking mighty appealing right now.

and yeah, some guys are rude as fuck lately. i'm one of those friendly girls who actually talks to customers, and i asked one if i could sit with him for a moment...he'd been looking at me, so i thought he was interested oops. now, i can understand if i wasn't his type or whatever, but he told me he was waiting for someone, so i left. by the time he left, there'd been around 20 girls sitting next to him talking to him, with his arm around them and all. all different types of girls and everything. and he kept fucking looking at me. like wtf. dude has some issues methinks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

the week i don't break $500 in 3 shifts is the week i start planning to move. seriously. i usually only work 2 days a week and do well on that.

i would get the fuck out of amarillo.

Thanks

This is a part of my problem, and the reason I'm so stressed out over the money. I know I'll do better in Dallas, but I can't afford to get DOWN there. I'm stuck in Amarillo until I make money for the trip.

I figured it up: This is what I NEED to make just to be able to get to Dallas:

Cell Phone (it's shut off right now): $150.00
    Replacement Fan Belt for my vehicle: $100.00
    Gas for drive to Dallas: $400.00
    Hotel for first week of trip: $400.00
    ===================================
    TOTAL $1,050.00

Ideally, I'd like to have $2,000, just to have a little extra cushion. But when I'm only making $100 a night (or less!), it'll take me awhile to make just that $1,000. But my kiddos leave tonight for their summer vacation, so I plan to just work 6 days a week until I have the money, and then get the heck out of Dodge.

Thanks

tell me about it.

i work DAYSHIFT (by choice) and on THURSDAY we had 16 girls.

SIXTEEN.

customer count the entire day was like 12 guys.

it's been like that (more girls than customers) for weeks now.

so even if every customer spent money on one girl each (and you know not all customers spend) there still would have been 4 girls going home with nothing. i'd say at least 10 of the girls would be in the 8-10 range looks wise too. the other 6 still pretty attractive. so, all the guys that DID come in would be like "ohhhh there's 2 girls for every guy hahaha!" or "wow! theres a lot of girls! i feel lucky!" and then sit and stare and not spend anything. >_<

3 weeks ago i worked 4 days and made 220 total.
    (one of those days i went home with 25 bucks and one of the others i went home with 40)

last week i worked 4 days and i made 450 total (which is almost double, but still pretty shitty.)

this week i worked 3 days and i made 280 total

so (i just used my calculator) over the last 3 weeks i've averaged 86 fucking dollars a shift.

and here's the awesome part: i'm in the high range for girls who've been on the same shifts. like, i am FREQUENTLY going home with more than most.

wth.

every single shift there's at LEAST 2 girls going home with less than 20 bucks and at least 1/2 of us go home with less than a 100. easily. i've never seen it this bad for this long before.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

*edit*

sorry about that whole not being positive and motivating thing.

how's this?:

-it only takes one REALLY good day to make up for a few terrible ones.
    -chances are (if we think logically) it won't stay "this bad" forever.
    -new girls tend to weed themselves out when money is bad. so, the abundance of girls may fall back in another week or two.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morgantx View Post

I figured it up: This is what I NEED to make just to be able to get to Dallas:

Cell Phone (it's shut off right now): $150.00
    Replacement Fan Belt for my vehicle: $100.00
    Gas for drive to Dallas: $400.00
    Hotel for first week of trip: $400.00
    ===================================
    TOTAL $1,050.00
    how long of a drive is Amarillo to Dallas, like 4.5 hours? Unless your driving a SERIOUS POS gas gusseling car you wont need nearly that much.

I went to dallas recently from san marcos which is about a 4.5 hour drive and spent less than 100 round trip. I'd bring 200 in gas.

I'd get you belt fixed first. To make sure thats REALLY all thats needed to fix your car.

You can get a really cheapo prepaid cell for less than 150.

As for hotel, maybe see if any chicks here can help you out for a day or two.

Do you think any other girls at your club would wanna get out of the pit and go to the big D for a week? You could take her car, saving yourself the belt half gas and hotel....

If I were you, making THAT little I would risk getting to Dallas on low funds. If worse came to worse you fix your belt get the cheapest cell you can and bring gas and like 100 extra money to get there and work all day and night. It would suck but if you limit your drinking, get guys to buy you nice meals (most clubs have pretty good food options) and keep your eyes on the prize you should make the money for a cheapo hotel.

Good luck!

Thanks

^^^Last time I went to Dallas, my fuel was $150, one-way. I won't go to Dallas unless I have at least enough money to get BACK, should it come to that. Also, my fiance is coming down with me--he's going to job-hunt this summer (as am I). His last day of work is June 5th, so we're here at least until then. He's cashing in his vacation time (which will be around $400-$500) and his tax check should be deposited in the next little bit ($300), so we'll be able to make it one way or another. Really, that means that I only NEED to make $1,000. On a decent night, I should be able to make $200. So realistically, if I work every night until I make the cash, I should be able to leave in 2 weeks or less, just depending on how bad it is.

I have a plan, and I'll get to Dallas one way or another. It just may take me an extra week or so, but I'll make it.

God/dess
    Thanks

Morgan. Get a different job. Not even working at Denny's is gonna pay you less than $100 for four shifts. That is ridiculous. Your club is unprofitable, the owners are idiots, and it physically hurts me to read your earnings reports. Just go work at a restaurant to get the Dallas $$ together and then leave town. Or consider another career if you want to stay in Amarillo. Because seriously, $25 a day is not a living wage much less an acceptable stripping one.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Wayward View Post
    Morgan. Get a different job. Not even working at Denny's is gonna pay you less than $100 for four shifts. That is ridiculous. Your club is unprofitable, the owners are idiots, and it physically hurts me to read your earnings reports. Just go work at a restaurant to get the Dallas $$ together and then leave town. Or consider another career if you want to stay in Amarillo. Because seriously, $25 a day is not a living wage much less an acceptable stripping one.
    Yha that's why I was saying just risk it traveling out to Dallas ASAP. Stripping isn't worth it if you aren't making any money, unless of coarse you don't need any money and do it as a hobby.

If you really need money but aren't willing to take some risks...then you should really consider getting another job because from your posts it doesn't sound as if your club is going to get any more profitable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morgantx View Post
    Last night, my very teeny tiny club had SIXTEEN dancers! (This is for a club that has only one stage, mind you.) Out of those sixteen, seven didn't even make enough to pay their house & DJ. Of those seven, 2 made under $20 and 5 made under $10.

I would approach a table, smile, and say, "Mind if I join you?" and be told NO! This happened THREE TIMES last night! There were four girls (including me) crying in the dressing room.

This is ridiculous. I made $15 last night (owed $15 DJ, $10 house), so I paid $10 to the DJ and $5 to the house. Tonight, I owe DJ & house $5 each. And Fridays are not normally big money-makers for me.

This is just killing me. I haven't broken $100 the last 4 nights I've worked (84, 40, 55, and -5, to be precise), and this is working 7-9 hour shifts! Nobody else is earning anything, either. So how can I keep my motivation up? I'm basically planning to work 6 days a week for the next two weeks, starting tonight. I NEED the money so I can get down to Dallas this summer. How can I keep motivated and get myself back in the swing of things?

(NOTE: Please keep this thread positive and motivating.)
    CRAZY. Are you sure we don't work at the same place? This is EXACTLY what I went through on Friday night.
    I also work at a small club and we had something like 45 dancers which is nuts. We also only have one stage (well technically two but the second one is a go-go cage) But only one stage with a pole and tip rail.
    got there around 8:30 and by 11:30 had only gone up once.....which is not normal at all, I've never had that happen. We don't have the kind of DJ that takes bribes, skips girls or fucks up the rotation either.
    I didn't make enoug to pay my house fee either, but they let me skip out on it cause I never have a night like that, and the managers like me.
    I left with $19!!

All I can say is I totally feel ya, and of course good luck and I hope things work out for you.

Thanks

At my club there's been an overload of dancers and the customers have been broker than usual.