Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you get into stripper mode?

Thanks

Default Re: How do you get into stripper mode?

I don't have to get into charicter much cause Amaranth and Andrea are pretty much identical twins only Amaranth is gigglier, smiles more, and is a bit louder than Andrea.

I do pretty much all my hair and make up at home so I know it dosn't really happen there. I think it's when I put on my stunna shades (okay, they're white emo goggles, whatevs) and lock the door to my apartment that Amaranth kicks in.

As usual, music plays a big part for me too. I listen to a lot of the music I've nicked off the DJs at work on the way there which means a good mix of electro, trance, and to some extent hip hop. I pretty much never rock AFI, Blaqk Audio, MCR, or any of my other usual suspect bands on my way to work even though I dance to them plenty cause those are more Andrea bands.
    "You are NEVER too old to storm a bouncy castle!"~Jade Puget

My Current Pet Band Is: LAZRtag!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Blog Entries

I agree with Amaranth/Andrea, "Avalon" is just a much more outgoing extension of myself. After (gulp) almost NINE years of doing this, it's about as natural to me as brushing my teeth.

Habits I've developed: I only go to work if I feel ok physically (I suffer from migraines/tension headaches, so I don't go in if I feel one coming) I do my makeup at home whenever possible to avoid the negativity of the whiners in the dressing room. I work out and eat clean every day that I dance. Most importantly, I try to schedule at least ONE appointment with a previous customer for every shift that I work.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to britneyireland For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emiloo View Post
    and talking outloud to an imaginary customer (which always ends in a dance, haha) or I tell myself that I'm hot and awesome and deserve all the money in the world!
    hey that's a great idea! ..pretending to talk to imaginary customer who always ends up buying a dance...= positive reinforcement. I'm going to give this a few tries

Thanks

It takes me 1 and half hours to get ready for work. First I shower. Then I take a shot of my peach vodka, pick a station on my pandora and put on my 6 inchers while doing my hair and makeup. In the mix of all this I do some dancing like if I was at the club -but the stage didn't have a pole. I'm weird. It's all about mindset for me. I'll say my affirmations and mantras -sacrifice a dollar bill- grab my sugar free red bull ( or sip my 5 hr energy drink) and ride out.

I definitely always make sure to not eat about 3 hours I plan on leaving.. Because I'll use the excuse "I feel fat". I eat a big carby breakfast and then high protein for lunch. I always bring a protein bar for work just in case. I usually eat when I get home tho.

Wanted to bump this thread- I get so much anxiety before going into work and it sucks bc I actually love dancing. Once I'm there and do my stage I'm fine. But it's getting there that's a struggle at times. I could come up with hundreds of excuses if I let myself. With my one shot ( bc I hardly drink and I'm 5'0) one shot loosens me just enough. At work I limit myself to 2 drinks.

*I don't actually sacrifice a dollar bill

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Humblestarxo For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Scheduling a regular customer at the beginning of every shift I work helps me so so much. I don’t have to “hustle” this customer, we go right to VIP, and then when I’m done dancing for him, I’m totally ready to work the floor.

It’s weird. I’m lucky because I usually have at least one guy I can count on to come in. But those nights I don’t (like tonight!) I’m frustrated because I’ve been spoiled and got a bit lazy. Here I am at the bar sipping a wine and going to Hustle Hut for inspiration.
    I find reading about people’s amazing $$$$ nights gets me hungry enough.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KatGrrl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,770 Times in 7,696 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Some great ideas!

Thanks

Iggy Azaela “work” am I the only one???

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IvoryDoll For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,246 Times in 657 Posts

I don't know if this counts, but I get in the zone by focusing on a goal I have. But not something boring like paying off your student loans. For example, I am working to get plastic surgery and it gets me super motivated thinking about it.

And I have to have time to get ready and look super hot, I can't be rushed or I won't feel right.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crystalize For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,121 Times in 3,101 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Meditation before I do anything helps. A lot.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,255 Times in 1,388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vyanka View Post
    Meditation before I do anything helps. A lot.
    Same, and yes, it does help a lot!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 518 Posts

Do my makeup at home and eat a healthy vegan dinner. Once the foundation is in there's no way I'm not going in. I hate makeup. I listen to Future on the subway on the way to work and do my affirmations. I buy a black coffee at Starbucks across the street. I chat with the girls while I put on my eyelashes at work. Pick my outfit. Then I go on the floor and accept the compliments and money of the men who are there to see beautiful dancers like me!

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vanessa_mtl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 4,085 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love
    Blog Entries

Take a gigantic shit bigger than the triceratops in Jurassic Park.
    "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "-Mr. Garrison, South Park.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,505 Times in 3,357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tempest666 View Post
    Good point. Having to go number 2 at work can really mess up positive vibes
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have to go do something before I start getting ready for work. Like go get coffee or something, run a couple of errands, anything! Before I come home and get ready for work. I dont know why but just staying home all day before I get ready makes me feel strange.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daniellaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,491 Times in 1,787 Posts

^ I know! Makes me feel like a total bum lol.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 518 Posts

^^^ Too true. I want to strip to live, not live to strip.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to vanessa_mtl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,171 Times in 3,101 Posts

Also here to agree, doing stuff before helps, even if it's just cleaning the kitchen or something... as well as having gotten dressed instead of sitting around in a baggy tee.

Otherwise its like "An object at rest tends to stay at rest".
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."
    - Lux ATL

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    Ok so i gotta turn up the moronic drunk slut

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 4,085 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love
    Blog Entries

I hit the gym before work. Of course I shower before work.
    "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "-Mr. Garrison, South Park.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 Times in 743 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by Humblestarxo View Post

Wanted to bump this thread- I get so much anxiety before going into work and it sucks bc I actually love dancing. Once I'm there and do my stage I'm fine. But it's getting there that's a struggle at times. I could come up with hundreds of excuses if I let myself.
    That is exactly how I am. I will make the smallest excuse not to work if I don't just get off my ass and go for it. I always say I would be working all the damn time if I could just snap my fingers and automatically be showered, shaved, and hair and makeup ready. I also struggle with anxiety sand can have panic attacks out of nowhere. Sometimes the closer it gets to having to start getting ready for work, the worse my anxiety gets. My best friend from high school works with me, and when she and I work together we always drink a glass' worth of wine from those little mini bottles or we take a shot of fireball. Then we're good to go and I can start hustling without stopping for a shift drink.
    "Rather have my feet hurting than my pockets."

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Alia_of_the_Knife View Post
    I have certain jewelry and makeup that I only wear as a stripper. I also wear my stripper thong on underneath my street clothes when I go into work. I look at my reflection in the mirror and pose. (Yeah, I know it sounds silly). I kind of pretend that I am a superhero and instead of changing from Clark Kent into Superman, I switch to stripper.
    Haha I have done this. We have one red wall in the dressing room that I like to pose in to get ready.

Sometimes when I am trying to get into stripper-mode, I'll stretch before I leave the dressing room, do a little bit of dancing in front of the mirror to make sure i'm feeling my look for the night, and some nights at my work we will pray to the "stripper gods" for us to press many pants and make lots of money. It's silly, but I think it helps.
    -Ginger Volkov

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Gingerv23 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member We had a rabbit like you's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,859 Times in 837 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

Once I've made up my mind that I'm working that day, I go on "auto pilot" when I get ready..I won't let myself think or double guess. showered, shaved, food packed, etc and I'll just plow through til I get in my car and start driving.

.I'll drink a super strong black coffee with espresso and turn up the music while I picture myself dancing to it (I'm such a loser lol) so by the time I arrive I'm cranked up..it also helps me to put in headphones in the dressing room while I do my hair/makeup with either some more good music or something that inspires me, like a ted talks pep talk or LOA.

I arrive early so I'm usually one of the few girls there so I can get into the groove and get comfortable before the club gets busy, I also take advantage of the confidence boost I get when I can make a lot of money early on from the few customers that come in and want dances real quick after work/while they wait for their train

I'm a very ritualistic /creature of habit..I need my rituals to get into stripper mode (or bed mode, or really anything in life) so it's important for me to create a set of things I do right before work
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

a motherfukin hustler kamikaze//I used to bus tables but now I sell my body

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to We had a rabbit like you For This Useful Post:

Featured Member We had a rabbit like you's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,859 Times in 837 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by tempest666 View Post
    Word
    I've done business with men who think I'm as silly as I look; by the time they figure out I'm not, I've done got the money and gone -Dolly Parton

a motherfukin hustler kamikaze//I used to bus tables but now I sell my body

Thanks
    Thanked 8,505 Times in 3,357 Posts

When I was a baby stripper I would listen to my chosen music before I went in so I could mentally plan my stage show.

NOW that I realize the money is all in VIP and selling from the stage I let the DJ handle the music part & I focus on being "VIP ready." Honestly hair and makeup is very important, as is personal hygiene/grooming and smelling nice. So basically the same amount of hair/makeup prep as a photo shoot plus bathing right before going into work.
    "They're a bit strange in Los Angeles" Duckie, "NCIS"I've walked in L.A.. It was to my car, so I could drive in L.A..

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I chew spearmint gum on the way to work and eat the peppermints the bar has between dances. The menthol in the mints tricks the Body into cooling down, and I've come to associate the taste of a peppermint with stripper mode so it makes it easier for me to slip into my persona.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissKelley For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Here are some things that really help me:

LONG TERM:

A vacation/self care day. It doesn't have to be a big one, but generally if I'm having trouble getting into stripper mode it's because I'm low on self care/burnt out. So I will go away for one night, stay in a nice hotel, get a massage, or even just turn off my phone for a night and do awesome things for myself with no guilt. Takeout, TV - whatever I want - but disconnected from people that need shit from me.

SHORT TERM/DAILY:
    1. Make a playlist, put in headphones, and don't take them out until you're ready to get on the floor. I get sucked in my other girl's drama, the house mom's complaining, and other girls' bad days. I have a playlist of "don't fuck with me" songs that pump me up (side not: this doubles as a "walking in a strange city where I want to look like I know where I'm going" playlist). It's different for everyone, but it can protect your mindset.

2. I wear a different perfume at the club then I do at home. I keep it in my locker and spritz it right before I'm supposed to walk out every night. Smell is my strongest trigger. It helps.

3. I do something self-care related every day. Forget the GOOP BS that self-care has to be a week long spa vacation in the himalayas - I'm talking actual care. I eat a healthy meal, pack a healthy snack, put on a Crest white strip for my teeth, take a bath with epsom salts, use a face mask that's not expensive, give myself a pedicure, get myself off, buy some fresh flowers for the house, go to therapy, whatever. Something for my body or my mind and I make it *intentional*. One little thing a day helps me not burn out as fast.

4. I switch my attitude. My stripper BFF and I get breakfast after work sometimes, or in the afternoon when we wake up. We let ourselves bitch and moan for 30 mins (literally on a timer) to get out the frustrations of the day, and after that it's back to positivity. I am sarcastic as HELL, so I promise I'm not saying that I propel myself around by farting rainbows and kittens, but after I acknowledge what's happening in my day (regular day or during work) I have to just tell myself "that happened. now what?" and look forward. Part of me staying on track at work is not dwelling on literally anything at all. If it's that big, I can process it the next day.

5. Set a goal. I keep a white board in my locker and I put a funny doodle every day and set a new goal. Sometimes it's a funny number, sometimes it's the same number as the day before. The point is that I spend 15 seconds thinking about it and writing it down. it helps focus me right before I go out on the floor and be determined. Then when i come in the back to check my phone and whine at whoever is around I see it and try to re-focus.

Good luck! xx

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaseyLace For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12