Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Body Business - NEW rules

Thanks

Default Re: Body Business - NEW rules

Quote Originally Posted by Candice View Post
    I agree with this.

Its pretty funny how most of us cant stand being stereotyped
    yet threads on doing "Party Drugs" are popping up everywhere lately.
    THANK YOU!

Thanks

Meh, I think the members of this board are quick to call any diet that isn't 1500 calories a day anorexic...but that's just me!
    Sexy Jasmine after getting fucked over at work:

God loves strippers and when guys do things like that its an automatic ticket to HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by anomar View Post
    Perhaps you stopped spending money on her. Strippers need money to operate. They are like coin operated juke-boxes of love.

Thanks

^^^
    Not really. But 400-600 calories a day is unhealthy regardless if its an anorexic or normal girl doing it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.breathe.in View Post
    yeah we better skip out all drug related talk also, since drugs are illegal. while were at it lets not talk about escourting, becuase thats illegal!

free will people free will....sheesh.
    Sorry, if this sounds snotty, but: Not your website- Not your rules.

It's Pryce's website and he determines who the moderaters are to keep the website running the way he wants it. Just because its free doesn't mean its ours to say and post whatever we want. The mods have the last say. Its not debatable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPrincess View Post
    Meh, I think the members of this board are quick to call any diet that isn't 1500 calories a day anorexic...but that's just me!
    I agree.

I think it's funny that there are a ton of very "pro" threads about drinking and drugs and everyone just accepts that, but God forbid you eat less than 1200 calories a day! Apparently coke is A-OK, but going on a diet will fuck you up.
    ~'A Seven Nation Army Couldn't Hold Me Back'~

God/dess
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPrincess View Post
    That's such a misconstrued statement I don't even know where to begin.
    you live like an ivy vine
    you can only survive by clinging onto trees
    that's your flaw
    put down some roots so you can stand on your own
    -Kenpachi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sveta View Post
    I agree.

I think it's funny that there are a ton of very "pro" threads about drinking and drugs and everyone just accepts that, but God forbid you eat less than 1200 calories a day! Apparently coke is A-OK, but going on a diet will fuck you up.

Oh for the love...

No one said that people cant eat less than 1200 calories. Its the ridiculous starvation diets that will not be tolerated in this section of the board. 500 calories a day is NOT a diet. It is starvation.

People have there own choices and everything can not be edited. I am trying to limit the editing/deleting.

Btw, I dont see any pro-drug threads in BB. There might be a few drinking threads around the board, but why would you mind? You have a martini glass in your avatar.

If there are any pro drug threads in here, please let me know.
    Last edited by Lexi; 07-16-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi View Post
    but why would you mind? You have a martini glass in your avatar.
    Yes, why would I mind? I'm all for moderate drinking and occasional drug use. And I'm all for open, judgment-free discussion of such topics! It's just hypocritical how some people (no, I didn't say YOU, so if it doesn't apply then let it go) selectively pick and choose which potentially-risky habits they get pissy and offended about.

It's funny that some people on here won't bat an eye when someone talks about doing lines, but will jump all over you for cutting calories. There may not be any threads where people are "encouraging" others to do drugs or get drunk, but there are a ton of posts where people talk freely about taking drugs with no holier-than-thou judgment from others. As it should also be with diet-related stuff....but isn't.

Thanks

Yes, why would I mind? I'm all for moderate drinking and occasional drug use. And I'm all for open, judgment-free discussion of such topics! It's just hypocritical how some people (no, I didn't say YOU, so if it doesn't apply then let it go) selectively pick and choose which potentially-risky habits they get pissy and offended about.
    I'm sorry but this is a false and misleading analogy. Maybe it's because some habits are riskier than others? Maybe because the discussion of some habits tends to be done in a way that indicates occasional, recreational use and others are integrally linked to self-esteem, self-worth, self-image and for that matter the self-worth, self-esteem and self-image of a lot of other people here? Maybe because nobody here encourages drug and alcohol addiction, and certain people are encouraging and inciting a different kind of addiction?

If someone was like: "I feel so depressed and sad about my life" and then someone else said "Hey - you should totally get addicted to coke! I did, and it was the best thing I ever did" or "I strongly advocate the use of meth to lose weight" there would likely be different treatment than people mentioning recreational use. Note the different reactions to girls who have habits - if a girl says that she needs to drink to work the near universal reaction is "No you don't, that's bad for you, you'll work better without it, don't dance if it is driving you to alcoholism." It's a much different reaction than a girl mentioning that she happened to get drunk one night. Similarly if someone talks about doing a health fast - cleansing or whatever - there may be skepticism about whether it is healthy, but it is not disallowed.

If one wants to insist that eating disorders are harmless or positive things - I suppose that is one's right. I'm not sure that there is a corresponding right, however, to turn Body Business into a pro-ana site and draw other members of stripperweb into the power-powerless drama associated with eating disorders.
    I have taught that the sky in all its zones is mortal and its substance was formed by a process of birth

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I'm sorry but this is a false and misleading analogy. Maybe it's because some habits are riskier than others? Maybe because the discussion of some habits tends to be done in a way that indicates occasional, recreational use and others are integrally linked to self-esteem, self-worth, self-image and for that matter the self-worth, self-esteem and self-image of a lot of other people here? Maybe because nobody here encourages drug and alcohol addiction, and certain people are encouraging and inciting a different kind of addiction?

If someone was like: "I feel so depressed and sad about my life" and then someone else said "Hey - you should totally get addicted to coke! I did, and it was the best thing I ever did" or "I strongly advocate the use of meth to lose weight" there would likely be different treatment than people mentioning recreational use. Note the different reactions to girls who have habits - if a girl says that she needs to drink to work the near universal reaction is "No you don't, that's bad for you, you'll work better without it, don't dance if it is driving you to alcoholism." It's a much different reaction than a girl mentioning that she happened to get drunk one night. Similarly if someone talks about doing a health fast - cleansing or whatever - there may be skepticism about whether it is healthy, but it is not disallowed.

If one wants to insist that eating disorders are harmless or positive things - I suppose that is one's right. I'm not sure that there is a corresponding right, however, to turn Body Business into a pro-ana site and draw other members of stripperweb into the power-powerless drama associated with eating disorders.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank you.

Thanks

Who are you trying to convince?

I've never posted anything about dieting or purging (or, hell, anything food or weight related, beyond "what's for dinner?") on here, so obviously I'm not saying this because I personally have some great desire to post about some questionable diet regimen on SW.

I still think it's hypocritical and ridiculous, and that there's a different reason why some people get so worked up over someone posting diet-related things. You can make pseudo-intellectual arguments until the cows come home, and I'll still think it's hypocritical and ridiculous. So, you're entitled to your opinions and I'm entitled to mine.

Thanks

Nobody. You asked a question and lodged a complaint based on a bad comparison, and I explained why there were distinguishing features. Why? Who are you trying to convince?

I still think it's hypocritical and ridiculous, and that there's a different reason why some people get so worked up over someone posting diet-related things.
    Well... what do you think that reason is?

You can make pseudo-intellectual arguments until the cows come home, and I'll still think it's hypocritical and ridiculous. So, you're entitled to your opinions and I'm entitled to mine.
    My arguments are not "pseudo" intellectual. One might not find them persuasive; but I daresay the disinterested observer would likely find the position "Shut up, I'll think what I want" somewhat less so.
    I have taught that the sky in all its zones is mortal and its substance was formed by a process of birth

Thanks

I've never posted anything about dieting or purging (or, hell, anything food or weight related, beyond "what's for dinner?") on here, so obviously I'm not saying this because I personally have some great desire to post about some questionable diet regimen on SW.

I still think it's hypocritical and ridiculous, and that there's a different reason why some people get so worked up over someone posting diet-related things. You can make pseudo-intellectual arguments until the cows come home, and I'll still think it's hypocritical and ridiculous. So, you're entitled to your opinions and I'm entitled to mine.
    Actually, you did:
    I'm on a crazy diet right now. It's called eat nothing and go to the gym 5+ hours a day for a week, because I canNOT audition at a new club looking so big. I don't care if it's not healthy; I'm sick of this shit. Tired of being embarrassed by my size every time I set foot into work.
    I don't know if you are a new member or an older member w/ a new name. But I will say this, there are quite a few SW members who have eating disorders and body image issues. I personally feel that certain threads are inappropriate and can cause someone trying to start a more positive eating plan/positive body image may be enticed to open up these threads.

You're right, I do feel that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I honestly feel that the mods here are doing their job..ie. moderating.

Some Douchebag: "[Pimp C] 12:43 am: its true we got to stick together the black people on SW CK you is teh condoleeza of SW"

Thanks

CK:

1) older member/new name

2) I didn't start that thread...sorry if that wasn't clear. I have never and would never start any thread about a diet b/c I know how the climate is here about stuff like that. But when the thread is already called "crazy diets"...um...what do you expect me or anyone else to post about in it?

3) Yes, I know several posters have EDs in their pasts. I do understand where you're coming from, and I understand that the mods are doing what they feel is best and that's their right.

But I'm sorry, I still think it's a double standard. Several members also have drug and alcohol problems, past or present. Threads like "I really want to roll" and "I did coke for the first time" and various threads about acid, DMT and other hallucinogens are still OK, even though they might be triggering to someone with substance abuse problems...but it's wrong to talk about diets? Either we're adults who can have open discussions about possibly-risky choices and take responsibility for which threads we choose to read, or we censor anything and everything that might not be PC.

Jenny: No, your arguments aren't persuasive. They're not even logical or related to the original issue half the time. You'll argue with anyone over anything simply for argument's sake and to get the last word in, which is why I choose to take the simple "fuck it" approach to pretty much everything you blather on about. It's not really worth getting into a contrived smoke-and-mirrors debate.

So again...I have my opinion, you have yours, neither of us is going to change the other's mind, so I'm done.

Thanks

Speaking of comments that are not related to the original issue:
    Jenny: No, your arguments aren't persuasive. They're not even logical or related to the original issue half the time. You'll argue with anyone over anything simply for argument's sake and to get the last word in, which is why I choose to take the simple "fuck it" approach to pretty much everything you blather on about. It's not really worth getting into a contrived smoke-and-mirrors debate.

So again...I have my opinion, you have yours, neither of us is going to change the other's mind, so I'm done.
    Not really related either to the issue or anything I said on the issue. I'm not judging you. I'm just saying that there could be some projection going on.

Featured Member
    Thanks

first off...whatever happened to dealing with a thread by simply putting a disclaimer in the title?

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut_Butter View Post
    uhh, I'm sorry..but really, if the mod makes a rule saying let's not encourage eating disorders..it's really not cool to post saying well, if you can't discuss it here, go to this other website. I mean...that's pretty much encouraging, isn't it?
    well, i think it's a fine idea. people who have eating disorders kinda have them already.

on here, the big problem is that non-ed'd people post threads with unhealthy plans...then get encouraged by ed'd people who don't get that gosh their frame of reference isn't exactly healthy. stuff like that.

if you're pro-ed, post on a pro-ed site/forum. stop encouraging people to fuck themselves over.

TF is currently about as pro as Something Fishy. bleh. Project shapeshift is good for this sort of thing though.
    fer real...everyone on tf these days are the old schoolers who've grown up and moved on. i don't know why so many people actually want to join it. also, totally agreed with the rest of that post.

Quote Originally Posted by virgoamm View Post
    I agree 100%. I have seen people asking for support about ED's but never specifically saw any threads that encouraged people to binge/purge. Not good at all, imo.
    i've never seen specific threads encouraging bulimia either. i have seen a whole fuckload of "give me opinions on my extreme diet" type threads...especially recently. and a lot of encouragement for those extreme diets.

either way, a lot of threads can get derailed into ed debate threads...and i think that this new rule will at the very least help threads stay on topic. and i like on topic threads. good rule.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

So about the healthy things we do for our bodies and minds.

I cross train. I do 1 hr in the pool with water work-out gear, ride my bike and either run or jump rope. I choose these activities because they are fun and remind me of being like and active little kid playing or riding a bike and they do phenomenal job of correcting the muscle gain/tone I get from dancing. I find really enjoying the work-out is the best thing- not getting caught up in results.

Thanks

I can't find the tread that this was in but I remeber something that was like (or to the effect of):
    former ed person to person stuggling with bulimia: "ugh bulimia is not worth it because of this un-actractrive side effect" (discouraging)
    other person: "well anyone who basically knows anything knows that you can avoid that side effect by doing this"(encouraging)
    I think thats what the mods are talking about and it upset me when I read it. But
    I agree that I have read stuff like not " you should go take a xanax" but " If it was me I would just take a xanax" and I see why some people could say that is the same thing.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pheonixkarma View Post
    I can't find the tread that this was in but I remeber something that was like (or to the effect of):
    former ed person to person stuggling with bulimia: "ugh bulimia is not worth it because of this un-actractrive side effect" (discouraging)
    other person: "well anyone who basically knows anything knows that you can avoid that side effect by doing this"(encouraging)
    I think thats what the mods are talking about and it upset me when I read it. But
    I agree that I have read stuff like not " you should go take a xanax" but " If it was me I would just take a xanax" and I see why some people could say that is the same thing.

I'm 99% sure your talking about me in there and it was actually about accusing someone that they were bulimic and that she "KNEW" they were because of her hands. I told her that any real bulimic knows not to use their hands, so it's dumb to definitively say she IS bulimic because of her hands.

That's not encouraging at all.

TheSexKitten

Threads like "I really want to roll" and "I did coke for the first time" and various threads about acid, DMT and other hallucinogens are still OK, even though they might be triggering to someone with substance abuse problems...but it's wrong to talk about diets?
    Trying a drug (especially non-addictive hallucinogens and others) is a way different ballgame than throwing your body and psyche into a harsh cycle of self-criticism, worthlessness, and starvation.

No one encourages each other to use drugs habitually, and I have never seen anyone "suggest" addictive drugs to anyone else. Basically, there's no chicks on SW advocating a drug habit, but there have been quite a few advocating behaviors that can easily slip into the realm of anorexia/bulimia/EDNOS.
    Last edited by TheSexKitten; 07-29-2008 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks

Joplin I wasn't talking about you but I do remeber that, and I don't think I ever thought you were encouraging her.

Banned
    Thanks

Maybe I'm just paranoid....The only threads I see besides the crazy diet thread all slam people for having ED's. Whatever, there's plenty of other sites to go to if you want "help" with that. I guess I don't mind it being outlawed here.

Darcy Foxx

Nobody has ever said that diet threads are banned, even if they're not the most healthy diet threads.

Lexi was simply stating that comments such as, "You should eat 34 calories a day and exercise for 21 hours, that's how I got thin, still got more weight to lose though!" will not be tolerated. Just stuff that actively encourages other people here to be unhealthy.

I've never seen ANYONE post on here to say, "You should try coke, you totally should, like seriously, do coke", but there have been people saying "You should..." and then suggest behaviours that are common only with E.D people.

Thanks

I have to ask...

All of these warnings "May Trigger ED"...seem to be big shiny red bows for people with ED to come inside and see.

I have never understood this.

If someone has a drug addiction and you make a thread... "This is all about wild freaky fun drug tripping...so if you are an addict don't look" or if someone has a gambling addiction and you make a thread... "I had a wild and crazy time in Vegas gambling my entire life away but in the end I broke even, but if you are a problem gambler, don't look".

Doesn't that just make someone obsess even more and obsess over looking and then look anyways and then obsess over the fact that they looked and then beat them selves up about it?

How does that even...work? Is this ED discussion limitation due to a real life board related issue?

People have problems. People like to talk about their problems.

Everyone in the world probably has issues with food on some level.

ED is mental illness... people with ED pretty much can be triggered by everything they see in the world, the media, etc. Even people without ED can have serious issues just off of imagery and expectations.

Threads on massive weight loss, threads on celebrity bodies, threads on just about anything can be encouragement for someone with ED. I had a friend that went on a 40 day fast after seeing a half dressed mannequin in freakin' Nordstrom.

What I am saying is that...anything and everything can be a trigger to anyone for anything. If that makes sense. So... ???

God/dess
    Dear God plz send money to Oregon K luv you bye
    Thanks

^ A lot of times people who are actively in recovery from their problems know not to look at things that can be triggering to them and appreciate labels. I will almost never open things related to self-injury. I only do if I know I am not feeling vulnerable to a relapse.

Otherwise, I do know what you're saying. People who are in the throes of the disorders or addictions will most likely be particularly drawn to things labeled like that. I know I was.

However, I still feel like it is kind to label things. I personally do not want to stumble upon things that are triggering to me on accident.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast