Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Body Business - NEW rules

Thanks

Default Re: Body Business - NEW rules

Quote Originally Posted by LilyLove View Post
    ^ A lot of times people who are actively in recovery from their problems know not to look at things that can be triggering to them and appreciate labels. I will almost never open things related to self-injury. I only do if I know I am not feeling vulnerable to a relapse.

Otherwise, I do know what you're saying. People who are in the throes of the disorders or addictions will most likely be particularly drawn to things labeled like that. I know I was.

However, I still feel like it is kind to label things. I personally do not want to stumble upon things that are triggering to me on accident.
    I get what you're saying... and I guess it's good for people that are actually trying to help themselves and don't want to accidentally stumble upon something. In reality though... real life situations like model/design shows on TV, Victoria Beckham and "Lose a zillion pounds in 3 days" on the cover of Family Circle magazine are probably more of a threat.

Even me... I have disordered eating not an eating disorder... sometimes I can see something that will have me eating non stop for a week straight, or drinking nothing but lemon water for a week straight.

It's so tricky. People with ED are mentally ill... it's not like they can just start eating and *poof* be well, and people seem to think it's that simple...but at the same time... ED seems like a catered to socially accepted idolized mental illness due to the society that we live in.

I dunno. Me talking isn't going to change the board rules...and truthfully I don't post up that type of thing...I just wanted to put my thoughts out there and see if anyone felt the same way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmberHoney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^^^ I see your point, but my intention is not to stop people from talking about their problems. I just do not want people to encourage it any kind of Eating Disorder.

Girls who are anorexic, or girls who are bulimic can definitely post here and ask for help. However, encouragement or glorification of the disorder will not be tolerated.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

i think it's good to monitor these sorts of things. yes we're adults and it's a free country. but we also don't want to help someone hurt or kill themselves. some people can be very impressionable

LoveComesFromWithin

im on both sides. I think an adult board should be able to discuss anything that is not criminal. but encouragement of ed is not good at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoveComesFromWithin View Post
    im on both sides. I think an adult board should be able to discuss anything that is not criminal. but encouragement of ed is not good at all.

That's why I explained that it is ok to discuss eating disorders. Girls can come here for support to try and overcome it.

But encouraging it will not be tolerated.

I am sure I sound like a broken record.

LOL

Thanks

Can we still discuss being pro ana in other sections?

I'm seeing a lot of pro drug threads right now. Every one is allowed to make their own calls about what they put into their body (of don't put in, relevently) so is one life stlye being censored completely on SW? Or just here.

I get why Body Buisness should be restricted to healthy topics. I can even fully support this section censoring destructive advice. I just want to know if the rest of the site is considering EDs to be tabboo.

Not trying to be a critic, just curious.

Thanks

Eatind Disorders can be discussed anywhere on the site (that is appropriate) but those posts usually get moved in Body Business since it is health related.

Eatind Disorders are not taboo, infact I think if someone is suffering from an ED, they can come to this section for help and support. Members can interact with one another to seek advice and try to overcome it.

What I am restricting is the "How to" of any disorder, ie: tips on how to become anorexic, tips on how to purge after a meal, etc...

AudreyLeigh

Im on Lexis side. Honestly, Im surprised you havent closed this thread yet...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudreyLeigh View Post
    Im on Lexis side. Honestly, Im surprised you havent closed this thread yet...

I was just about to close this. lol

I think everything that we needed to discuss has already been. I sound like a broken record, so in order for me to stop repeating the same thing, I am closing this thread.

Thanks to everyone who offered their questions and insight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123