Thread: Would You Work At a Club That Tells You Where You Can & Can't Work?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Default Would You Work At a Club That Tells You Where You Can & Can't Work?

There are a couple of Vegas clubs that actually fire girls if they're working at other clubs. The manager at one of the clubs recently began having employees sign a contract stating that they won't work at any other LV SC. Another club that's supposed to be one of the busiest in town has a manager that tells the girls (only on nightshift) that they can't have two boyfriends. He fired one girl on the spot when he overheard her mention going to another club to one of her friends.

If you're a self contractor and pay a fucking housefee each night just so you can work, wtf are they to tell you where you can and can't work?!?! Sometimes its necessary to get a change of scenery by going somewhere else if you've had a bad night. If a club is supposed to be so busy and popular, why the hell should they even feel threatened just because girls chose to work somewhere in addition???? I could never work for a club where a manager thinks he has the right to tell me I can't work at other places whenever I feel like it. This is the strip club industry. Its not like we're working for McDonalds and go eat at Burger King while still in uniform.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MysteriousMisty For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Would You Work At a Club That Tells You Where You Can & Can't Work?

i worked for a club like that. they were the biggest high end club in the city, so they got away with that crap
    These days I like to count my money. I like to wash it delicately and iron it. Sometimes I dry it with some bounty to make it all nice and cuddly. I love my money... did I say that out loud?

Thanks

In my cities, most of the clubs are like this. You can't work at other clubs unless it's owned by the same person. You gotta like, stay exclusive to one at a time.

God/dess
    Thanks

When I was working at Rick's Cabaret in my town, they were like this. They didn't want their "Rick's Girls" working anywhere else but a Rick's Club. I ended up quitting to work at the club I work at now. I like the club to work for ME, I do NOT work for the club.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mily For This Useful Post:

Featured Member hot4ablackchick's Avatar
    Thanks

I would work for a club like this. I don't bounce around anyway so it really wouldn't matter. I have been with my club for 6 years. I understand feeling like an employee with them telling you where you can work. Its really the principle though. My club doesn't have this rule, but they act like dickheads to you if you work at diff club by increasing your fee a lot if you don't work 4 shifts. I work 3 shifts and pay the same, but other girls who are known for working for dif clubs get hard for not being 4 shifts. They also get fined more for lateness/call offs, and other "infractions VS the girls who are "loyal." They don't forbid it, but its frowned upon. I did work one shift at a club that had mandatory weekend
    (you had to work Fri and Sat) and you had to work 3 shifts as well as the weekend. So you had to work 5 shifts. I thought that those rules were bullshit. I should be able to at least pick which nights I want to work (there was no dayshift at this club either) And having to be scheduled for 5 shifts every week just seemed ridiculous to me. If I wanted to work 5 days a week I would get a damn "regular" job.
    CARMEN IS HOTT 4 A BLACK CHICK!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ViolaStrings View Post
    Why does he have a headset on his head, like Janet Jackson or some shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    why does Janet Jackson have a headset on her head?!

...hehehe... email me to ask me where i am ! (i dare you!)
    Thanks

Par for the course in Australia especially locally. No way in HELL could you get away with working two different clubs in the same city !

You try doing that on the Gold Coast where all the clubs are within 'ear shot' of each other no way!

If you did, the majority (or all?) of the clubs would easily terminate you from working at their club.

enter: E3167322D9 for your 10% discount

Thanks

Um... that's fairly normal. I dunno who would not have that rule, if you think about it. I mean, if I ran a club, I wouldn't want my dancers helping the competition.
    Number of times Rickrolled on stage: 6

Marasmus ... "Ladies don't fart. They butt-laugh."
    Marasmus says, "Oh no, that wasn't gas, it was merely a rectal chuckle."

Marek says, "A friend of mine got punched in the face by a dominatrix stripper about two weeks ago and I thought of you."

Featured Member
    Thanks

it depends how strict they were.

any club at all or any club in the area- too strict

clubs with the same styles and the same customer base within a 30 minute drive of one another- i can understand that

Thanks

Im going pm you....
    Sexy Jasmine after getting fucked over at work:

God loves strippers and when guys do things like that its an automatic ticket to HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by anomar View Post
    Perhaps you stopped spending money on her. Strippers need money to operate. They are like coin operated juke-boxes of love.

Thanks

ok
    it all depends on the money
    potential
    of the club, if the club is
    such
    high end why would you work somewhere else anyway?
    You have to do what's best for you!! You can work at 2 clubs and don't tell anyone I bet it's not like they are going to go searching for you all over town trust me!
    Needless to say, putting up with that type of stuff can take its toll psychologically

Thanks

ok it all depends on the money potential of the club, if the club is such high end why would you work somewhere else anyway?
    You have to do what's best for you!! You can work at 2 clubs and don't tell anyone I bet it's not like they are going to go searching for you all over town trust me!
    Needless to say, putting up with that type of stuff can take its toll psychologically

Thanks

Pretty standard stuff where I am from. You have to be exclusive to one club at a time. I dont have a problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corgan View Post
    when regulars turn cheap, it's time to kill em off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysondra View Post
    You're still a vagina.
    There are many stereotypes about the industry that I work in. Sometimes they can be true but human beings are very diverse creatures and cannot be pigeon-holed into one category.

Some of the most effortlessly beautiful, kind, intelligent, successful, motivated, driven and ridiculously hilarious women that I have ever met have been dancers. I've met the best friends that I've ever had in this industry.

Thanks

sure, i don't have a problem with it as long as everyone pays up.... My last club was like this.

Thanks

is that legal?
    I'm getting my Dial-A-Stripper service up and running again. If you are in NYC or NJ and are interested in private party dancing, email [email protected] with your SW handle, contact info, photo (if you have one) & best time to call and I'll get back to you asap.

If you're having a party and need strippers, email me with the details and any questions you have. Thanks!

Thanks

^^
    yep. we are not employees. clubs have the right to put exclusivity clauses in their contracts. remember we dont have a RIGHT to work at the club, it's considered a priviledge so u have to deal with whatever rules they decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corgan View Post
    when regulars turn cheap, it's time to kill em off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysondra View Post
    You're still a vagina.
    There are many stereotypes about the industry that I work in. Sometimes they can be true but human beings are very diverse creatures and cannot be pigeon-holed into one category.

Some of the most effortlessly beautiful, kind, intelligent, successful, motivated, driven and ridiculously hilarious women that I have ever met have been dancers. I've met the best friends that I've ever had in this industry.

God/dess
    Thanks

most clubs around here are like that. the exception was hustler, when scores opened up, they didnt want to lose girls so they said girls could do both as long as their schedules didnt interfere with each other.

Thanks

I have never worked at a club that didn't do this. You can work out of town, no problem; but if you work at one club, you can not work at another in town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by ExoticEngineer View Post
    Feel like a damn salt lick at the goats petting zoo!
    <08SM>

Thanks

Why would you want to work at 2? The schedules would get so confusing. I'd just pick the better one and stick with it. Regardless, I don't agree with the exclusivity thing. I might not work at a club that had it just because they are so anal. The less restrictions and fees the club imposes on its dancers, the better it is as a club in my opinion. I consistently bring my "business" to clubs that treat the dancers the best, even if the money is worse. Just doing my part to keep the conditions in the industry the best they can be, and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ediblecrayonz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Working at multiple clubs is good for your money people don't get tired of seeing you but I have worked at places where it was frowned upon and others that would fire you if you worked at a certain other club. And some other clubs don't care as long as they get you a few shifts. I think it could be a good thing if you are getting all your customers to follow you on your circuit. But if you work at a club where they don't like it you have to make sure your customers know mum is the word but it doesn't always work bc sometimes they will talk to other girls n they will rat u out in an instant.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ioienvyioi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

I have before and NEVER again!! It's usually a good sign that the club is possessive and it leads to me being too stressed and spazzed out all the time-which in return get's me in a bad mood and I don't make money!!!
    **Rockabilly Harley Quinn**

Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 594 Posts

Exclusivity clauses are pretty standard. Why would you even want to work at two clubs on a regular basis anyway? Sounds like a fast road to burn out to me.

The places I've worked-
    My home club didn't care as long as you got in your mandatory shifts, since they were the only club for 2 hours in either direction, but they preferred for you to stay within the chain since they knew club policies. Of course, it was frowned upon to work in the nearest metro area (Houston) because of the reputation it has for extras, and you would be watched like a hawk during dances if you went regularly/for the first couple of weeks back after moving back. You would be fired almost instantly for trying to "recruit" any of the girls to go with you, since the assumption is that you're prostituting.
    My home club in Houston didn't care at all as long as you were working day shift at the other club, since they were night shift only. They did, however, "strongly suggest" (ie- require, or else face higher fees and requested tip out that got whined to management about if you didn't pay) that the other club be on the opposite side of town.

On a personal note, if I were making up the club policies and deciding on contract details, I would include an exclusivity clause. Before anyone jumps down my throat about it, look at it from the club's point of view. If your club is so nice, why would your dancers have to work anywhere else? If you have a reputation for hiring 7+ girls only, wouldn't that reputation seem a little tarnished if your 8 is working in another club full of 3-5s?
    Exotic dancing is like any other job.
    If you work in an office, you wear dress shoes and a suit.
    If you work in a restaraunt, you wear skid resistant shoes and a uniform.
    If you work in a strip club, you wear 7" stilettos and lycra g-strings.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Naida For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,881 Times in 947 Posts
    My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Naida View Post
    Exclusivity clauses are pretty standard. Why would you even want to work at two clubs on a regular basis anyway? Sounds like a fast road to burn out to me.
    I agree with this because last summer I was working at three clubs, and I worked for twelve days in a row, with no rest in between. It kinda sucked but I paid a good chunk of my debt.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,127 Times in 1,638 Posts

Standard in Australia/Melbourne to be exclusive to 1 club.

3 Shifts per week (2 X 8hr weeknight shifts, 1 X 10hr weekend shift)
    Must work 2 Saturdays per month.
    Can work for a private party agency- we are encouraged to hand out club passes at said parties (there would be benefits for girls that do this but I can't say for sure what they would be)

Of course some dancers have the power to negotiate different conditions.
    Tiny tweaks----->BIG CHANGES

Quote Originally Posted by Kirakonstantin View Post
    More fear-mongering? Really? Yes, this is not the 1990's anymore. Yes, things are changing. Either dance or don't. Freaking out and sowing fear isn't going to help anyone.