Thread: Could use a bit of help here...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Default Could use a bit of help here...

It seems I can't log in with my static IP.

That means only one of two things as far as I know, but perhaps someone can expand upon that.

1) The DNS server at the ISP that supplies me my static IP address no longer resolves the web address www.stripperweb.com or

2) My IP address is blocked at the server hosting SW.

Now since when I bypass the DNS server by logging in directly to SW's IP address: 206.123.114.170, I get the same result, well...

Ping times out from my static IP address.

tracert runs route and times out when reaching the SW server by URL and SWs static IP address from my static IP address.

Neotrace does give me the complete route and reports IP address for SW as 206.123.114.170

Selfseo.com confirms SW IP as: 206.123.114.170

Certainly would seem to indicate the issue is at the SW server.

What's up? Anything on this end I ought to know about?
    Last edited by Golden_Rule; 09-09-2008 at 05:53 PM.
    Fiat justitia, pereat mundus.

BTW, while we are on the subject, is it needed to point out the obvious: That it is just possible that if you are willing to judge the worth of someone simply by what you read on a website about them it might say a whole hell of a lot more about you than it says about the person you are judging?

Thanks

Default Re: Could use a bit of help here...

well you aren't that controversial ... at least I am not seeing it.. so probably just something goofy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

I know Pryce is busy now days. I'll give it a day or two to see if it resolves itself before I bother him with it.

BTW, while we are on the subject, is it needed to point out the obvious: That it is just possible that if you are willing to judge the worth of someone simply by what you read on a website about them it might say a whole hell of a lot more about you than it says about the person you are judging?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

GR - I've had 2 other members report similar problems. Can you PM me details of your ISP and your IP address?
    We all imagine ourselves the agents of our destiny, capable of determining our own fate. But have we truly any choice in when we rise, or when we fall, or does a force larger than ourselves bid us our direction. Is it evolution that takes us by the hand, does Science point our way, or is it God who intervenes keeping us safe.

So much struggle for meaning, for purpose. And in the end, we find it only in each other. Our shared experience of the fantastic. And the mundane. The simple human need to find a kindred, to connect. And to know in our hearts... that we are not alone.
    Heroes

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

What ever was done on your end seems to have resolved the problem and I can now log in without the bother of proxy servers.

Thank you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Have you modified your hosts file?
    I loved going to strip clubs; I actually made some friends there. Now things are different for the clubs and for me. As a result I am not as happy.

Customers are not entitled to grope, disrespect, or rob strippers. This is their job, not their hobby, and they all need income. Clubs are not just some erotic show for guys to view while drinking.

NOTE: anything I post here, outside of a direct quote, is my opinion only, which I am entitled to. Take it for what you estimate it is worth.