Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being more aggressive

Thanks

Default Re: Being more aggressive

I usually try being myself & some guys like that. Other times, but the end of the time, I'll do the aggressive thing & it's never ever worked for me. I've always had to sit down & talk tot he custy, sometimes rub my booty on him or something for a second. This one custy was telling me how he asked this one dancer why no one was hustling his friend & she said it was because he looked "cheap." & he had turned her down before, but then when she called him cheap, he ended up paying her $50 for 5 dances. This other girl said "You know why we're here, we're not here to be nice to you, we're here to take your money, so buy a dance." & from what I've seen they custy's absolutely hate that bitchiness. I don't know. I use the sweet persona, but it doesn't always work. The guys there LOVE the polish girls too, so sometimes I'll pretend like I have a polish accent & play it off & it works like a charm.

Thanks

ps: there was this other guy who the dancers kept going up to & he kept turning them down. He turned me down for a dance & when I noticed all the girls walking up to him, getting rejected one after the other, i playfully went up to him & said "looks like all the girls wanna dance with you." (I knew he still wasn't going to buy a dance) & he said "yea & it's getting so annoying. why can't you girls just take no for an answer!?" & he started telling me about this one girl who wouldn't leave him alone & I told him "listen, if you don't want a dance from a girl,& you're here just to watch & drink, then don't keep saying 'maybe later' or 'come back', because they WILL. Say it nicely, & don't be a douche because they will get you kicked out. Just be honest. " We chatted a tiny bit more & he was real cool about it & he ended up giving me a $10 stage tip & thanked me for being so honest with him. Most girls would see it was me ruining it for everyone else, but there was just no persuading this guy to buy a dance from anybody. The way I see it, if a guy doesn't want a dance & doesn't plan on getting one, they should just be fucking honest.

Thanks

I am so fascinated by this method because some of the top earners at our club are really aggressive. Especially on the weekends, it's really sink or swim. Those of you who have mastered this, do you just walk up to guys and say take me for a dance now? and then say tip me? how does it work for getting vips? just figure out if a guy has money and then say take me to vip? i really want to try this out. i'm working on becoming a different persona at work b/c i have money-making potential and am trying to tap into it and find my niche and what works best for me.

Thanks

Sometimes I'm aggressive, and sometimes I'm just "nice" (not passive, but not sell sell sell either). It depends on the customer, but generally at my club I talk for half a song at least, build a rapport, and they're more likely to get multiples rather than just one dance.

However, my club is a very laid-back environment, so the "wanna dance" hustle only works on certain types of nights.

Thanks

I've been being more aggressive lately, and it's worked. However, it really is burning me out.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvbuniz View Post
    Do you find being more aggressive works as a hustle? Being a naturally mellow person, I sort of force myself to act more aggressive by speaking in a louder voice and more in a direct way.

I find that customers like slightly bitchy girls at times and being too nice totally works against you as a dancer.
    it depends on the customers. i have had customers who i have walked away from because they wanted to chit chat and werent sure they were gonna get dances yet who ended up getting half hours with other girls who were less aggressive then me and didnt act like they were there to make money, and sat down and chit chatted. so now i always start laid back and if a guy says "later" i come back. and if he keeps saying later i get gradually more aggressive to the point where i act like he OWES me a few dances.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeElektra View Post
    The way I see it, if a guy doesn't want a dance & doesn't plan on getting one, they should just be fucking honest.
    actually guys like that shouldnt be in the club in the first place. you talked to him for how long for a lousy ten dollar tip? come on now. no wonder these guys come in and dont get dances and expect to sit and chat with dancers. and i have a feeling those 10 bucks were all he spent on the dancers all night.
    if a guy tells me hes not here to get dances and hes not sitting on the stage making it rain i ask him why the fuck he is here and tell him that we dont get paid to be here. i actually made two guys who were there to "watch" "feel bad" about us not getting paid and they left shortly after i walked away

Thanks

I can't remember what thread it was, but it was the one with the advice NOT to stand around alone, or with another dancer because it makes you look unwanted or stuck up...I've made it a point to NOT stand around the bar or if it's dead slow I'll sit in the dressing room or talk to some bouncers. This actually works very well. I'll be hustling my ass off & see about 10 girls in the bar with their drinks because they're not making any money & it does kind of look like they're unwanted or stuck up...especially when there's so many of them. Those are usually the nights i'm doing very well. I never get stage tips (I'm still learning how to dance up there) ...so what I lack on stage I HAVE to make up for in hustling dances. So, so far so good. That's great advice. I also tried the not wasting time & just being flirty, sexy, & to the point...it works & saves me a lot of time!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ZoeElektra For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exotica268 View Post
    I've been being more aggressive lately, and it's worked. However, it really is burning me out.
    Why do you think it's burning you out? What about it is especially exhausting?
    I'm asking because I've been trying to be more assertive... I just don't want it to have any adverse effects.

If I was up your butt you'd know, Michigan
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

Honestly the more aggressive I am the less burn out I experience because I put up with less bullshit. Trying to pretend I wasn't there for money or being extra nice was waaaay more tiring for me. And sometimes when I let a customer there know that, hey, I AM here for the money they actually appreciate me skipping the bullshit.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lysondra
    I had previously stuck the bananas and cucumber in my cooter, yes.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Electrum For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Electrum View Post
    Honestly the more aggressive I am the less burn out I experience because I put up with less bullshit. Trying to pretend I wasn't there for money or being extra nice was waaaay more tiring for me. And sometimes when I let a customer there know that, hey, I AM here for the money they actually appreciate me skipping the bullshit.
    I can second this. I used to be too passive and nice and I found it really draining on me, especially on those slow nights. But I've been doing this crap way too long to deal with the bullshit so now I don't waste time, and if I've had an awesome night or not, I feel victorious because those fuckers didn't get to waste my time.

Thanks

Actually, Electrum, you're totally right. Guess I wasn't thinking about it that way.

The reason why I say I get burnt out is because I'm doing the same thing over and over and over again. Yes, I'm making money, and yes, I'm not wasting too much time putting on a fake act cuz I rarely sit and talk to customers unless it's for a required drink. However, some nights I go into work thinking to myself,"Oh lord....here we go again....same introduction, same questions, same closing line, take their monies, wash, rinse, repeat."

But that's really my own fault for not changing it up. I guess when I was less aggressive and to the point, I would get into more conversations about other things, which would make the night seem less monotonous.

Physically, when I'm more aggressive, I'm on my feet alot more and going at a speedier pace around the room. I rarely like to sit with people. If they're at the bar, I stand and rub their shoulders or gently caress their backs as they talk. If they're in seats that are lower than me, I squat down next to them (ouch after awhile), because if I sit, I don't want them to get the idea that I'm planning on staying that long. This also makes me more physically tired and gives me the feeling that I've been working harder, as opposed to sitting down with people.

Edit: a friend put it perfectly the other night; i'm like a LITTLE HUSTLING ROBOT!!

Thanks

This is all such great advice. My weak point is what would potentially make me money..being aggressive. I don't get it. I'm shy but I always cut to the chase in 'real life', but I find myself being too sweet and passive in the club. I think deep down I don't want the customer to be rude or insult me for being too aggressive (because it might hurt my feelings...silly). But really I need to snap out of it...I'm there to make money

Thanks

This is something I am working on everyday, it is getting easier and easier to be more aggressive. I hope to be a pro at it soon because a closed mouth doesn't get paid!!!!
    <3 Parris Starr <3

"People always ask me, did I ever learn anything when I was a stripper? Yeah, I did. One man plus two beers equals 20 dollars"
    -- Anna Nicole Smith

If I was up your butt you'd know, Michigan
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep

What helped me was to just start "acting" like I was in a theatre class or something. After I got into character I was able to keep at it the rest of the shift. The hard part is to get into character, but I just try and think of someone I know who is a bit pushy.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lysondra
    I had previously stuck the bananas and cucumber in my cooter, yes.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Electrum For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^^^^ Love the mention of theatre, and "getting into character." I forget about this part of the job almost every night lately. The clothes and makeup aren't enough, I sit and act like myself because I can't get drunk, and it hurts my money. My stripper-persona (I'd love to take you for all you're worth) and real-life personality (I'd love to hear about your kids) are much too close lately, which results in less money. Depends on who you are but your stripper character should have superhuman confidence, definitely, and as much aggression/pushyness as you're comfortable acting out.

I usually make more money faster towards the end of the night, because I have the routine down, am either inspired from making money or inspired by the hopelessness of it all, and can just walk up to a guy with an expectant look and nail him. It's not really aggression, it's just confidence. Like hello, here I am, I know you want me, let's go.

And when they ask if I've had a good night, even if I've only made $40 in the first 5 hours I've learned to smile really big and say, "Yes, I have" which of course inspires the wallet-opening. Lying is so important at this job. My downfall is usually honesty, and a truly human desire to have an interesting conversation with somebody. Small clubs can reward the conversational hustle though, as one girl pointed out. Guys I pass by/talk to briefly and skip, other girls sit down with and bullshit for an hour and might get the $200 they brought for dances. Or it might not pay off at all. That is the risk you take with convo/non-aggro hustle.
    "I'm teaching fools some basic rules. / I believe in the Golden Rule. The man with the gold rules. / I made a little money.
    And like the Bible says, I was enjoying the fruits of my labor. This is my comeback. This is me doing what I love to do." -- Mr. T

"In the street I am my divine self. In the club I am a stripper, portraying a fantasy.
    That's not to say anybody can do or say anything to me but it's acting. Playing a role. That simple." -- Pure

20. The Following User Says Thank You to anelia For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Speaking personally, I've found that in general the key is assertion and not aggression (fine line, but a line exists nonetheless). Being aggressive is more likely to put a lot of people off; people are there for fun, not to feel as they are being pushed into getting lapdances. With the assertion, you still are in a way pushing them into it, but it is a lot more discreet.

When I am assertive, I rarely ask for dances; I already assume that I am going for dances with the customer. For example, I may walk up to someone and say something cheeky like "so darling, how about that sexy lapdance you promised me?" even if I have never spoken to them at all earlier in the night. Sometimes, I even just walk up to a man and cheekily flash a boob and say "the other one wants to say hi to you too". while simultaneously taking them by the hand to the private room. The presumption I have already sold the dance often helps me exude an air of confidence that I want the guys to pick up on (and confidence sells). Never be shaky in your action, just keep going with the assumption that you are the best thing in there, even if you get knocked back.

I'm not saying aggression never works; when people are aggressive, it can sell to a customer who wants a bitch, but lets face it, those customers are not the majority frequenting the SCs. In most instances, it will translate as pushy or desperate. If you must, act to fit the situation. If the man wants a bitch, be that, but I wouldn't recommend on making it one's standard persona. So I for the most part keep it fun and cheeky. And it works

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Union Jackie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parris_star View Post
    This is something I am working on everyday, it is getting easier and easier to be more aggressive. I hope to be a pro at it soon because a closed mouth doesn't get paid!!!!
    Parris, I love your avatar. Is that your picture? I love the necklace, the nails and duuh the $!

Thanks

Wow, Anelia it's like you took the words out of my head. We seem to have the same style when it comes to stripping, as it is also my worst downfall to bring my "real" self to work. I get so caught up in genuine conversation that i almost forget about making money. But when I'm in the right mindset, I can just walk onto the floor and sell dance after dance without even trying. Crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by parris_star View Post
    Best. Quote. Ever.
    "The mood is important. You can't get a lady with force.
    ...sweet things alone are not enough. Seduce me with more fire."

Thanks

When I started dancing at my club another more experienced dancer did something similar for me. She came up and asked my customer "isn't she sexy?" He said "of course" she leaned over and whispered to him " then don't waste the sexy woman's time, take her in the back and get her naked". He did an hour long suite with me and tipped me very well because of her. That's when I started to snap out of my innocent girl next door act. It wasn't working.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penthousewynter For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12