Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exotic Dancer, M.B.A.

Thanks

Default Exotic Dancer, M.B.A.

Let’s face it. Stripping is hard work. There’s judgment from outside the club. Competition inside the club. And, you’re an independent contractor. There’s having to make nice when you don’t feel like making nice. There’s the pressure to hustle. Pressure not to hustle. There’s the standing in 8″ heels all night. And above all, the everpresent challenge of making bank.

That’s where Star Light’s Exotic Dancer, M.B.A. comes in!

Spend the day with us, and we’ll share tips on sales (because stripping is sales), organizing your finances, and managing the day-to-day stress of stripping. Find your path to being a SuperStripper.

What’s a SuperStripper? She’s an amazing woman who uses stripping as an avenue to create financial freedom and the future she wants! Someone who doesn’t let the job define her.

Join us at the Exotic Dancer, M.B.A. We’ll have our first graduating class on April 28, 2008, in Richmond, Virginia. Come to Exotic Dancer, M.B.A. for more information.Here’s the scoop:

Monday, April 28, 2008
    9 a.m.-4 p.m.
    Gallery5, 200 W. Marshall St. Richmond, VA 23220
    Avalon from Arizona will be the instructor!
    Registration is $50
    Last edited by liastarlight; 03-25-2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: typos

Featured Member francescadubois's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Exotic Dancer, M.B.A.

Well, it's an interesting site, that's for sure.
    "I came in like a lamb, but I intend to leave like a lion."

-Sade
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastridonicus View Post
    The only thing a person hates more than being a sex object, is NOT being a sex object.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigersMilk View Post
    If you should your way through life you'll be should-ing all over yourself later.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSexKitten View Post
    Finger pointing is awesome!! No really, it gets things done.

Thanks

I've already told Lia I'm in!

Thanks

Ohh now I'm tempted to go to Richmond...this looks pretty interesting
    Plus, I'd get to met Susan!

TheSexKitten

Now THAT sounds helpful and fun.

Senior Member confrontingmydemons's Avatar
    Thanks

*wishes she could be there*
    If you are timid enough to stop at what is natural, then nature will elude your grasp forever.

Marquis de Sade

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alessandra View Post
    Ohh now I'm tempted to go to Richmond...this looks pretty interesting
    Plus, I'd get to met Susan!

Aw shucks!

How far away are you?

cameron_keys

This sounds more helpful(and way more fun!)then the Dale Carnegie course I took years ago!

Too bad you are so faraway and I'm so broke! Otherwise I'd def. check it out!

Thanks

I think I'm in. Depends on things like driving/hotel/work. I dunno if I could make it to Richmond from NVA at that time of day, and I'd love to see what working in the Richmond clubs is like.

Thanks

Hey, GodivaGirl,

It's really only an hour and a half drive. It's only 100 miles from NoVa. While I know it's early in the morning, I think it will be well worth your drive. Maybe you can hook up with some other women in the area? Share the drive?

Check out the website, and sign up there! We'll look forward to seeing you.

Lia

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susan-Va View Post
    Aw shucks!

How far away are you?
    About 2 hours, so it wouldn't be too bad of a drive.

Lia- when is the sign up deadline? (so I can procrastinate until then )

Thanks

Don't wait too late, Alessandra. Probably the Monday before (April 21), so that we can be sure the caterer will make enough food! The gift bags will be first come, first serve, but we'll make every effort to accommodate late sign-ups!

Lia

Thanks

i dunno if it's just me, but this seems like the dancerwealth of now. not in the sense of "here's what to do and how to do it" but it just seems awfully spammy. sorry im a skeptic, i just think that if they were all about loving strippers and all, why do they want $$?

fyi, i have also posted a blog about finance for strippers, and so does britney ireland, and it doesn't cost $50.

Love it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy68 View Post
    i dunno if it's just me, but this seems like the dancerwealth of now. not in the sense of "here's what to do and how to do it" but it just seems awfully spammy. sorry im a skeptic, i just think that if they were all about loving strippers and all, why do they want $$?

fyi, i have also posted a blog about finance for strippers, and so does britney ireland, and it doesn't cost $50.
    I can't presume to speak for Starlight but I imagine the $50 is to cover the cost of the location, and expenses for having Britney Ireland come out.

Thanks

Thinking about it...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy68 View Post

Well Britney Ireland is the "Avalon from Arizona" who's doing the teaching. I imagine the $50 reg fees collected might barely pay for Brit's travel expenses.

I kinda agree - all the info one could ever want about how to make, save and invest money as a stripper is right here in (and linked from) these forums and it's all available for FREE. However we all know most people are lazy and will not do the *gasp* research to find it themselves. So if they wanna pay for the info to be delivered to them in a summarized fashion, more power to the ones who profit from it

Quote Originally Posted by pheno View Post
    When you lead a nontraditional life don't try to measure it with traditional milestones.

Thanks

^ yeah, i realized that it was Brit teaching it. and although i do love avalon/britney, i think that all that info is free online!

Love it!

Thanks

Thanks for posting, Chrissy68. I really love your blog, and have been reading it for some time.

I am sure that all the information a dancer needs is on-line, but people learn in different ways. Some like the interaction with teachers and other students. Many of the people who are coming are just "freshening up" their skills.

Susan's right. The money we're charging will cover things like the very cool art gallery we're renting, the catering, the instructors, etc. I hope that no one will let money keep them from coming. There are scholarships available!

Lia

Thanks

Sometimes the message can be much more powerfully received when taught by someone else. Esp. true in the case of newbs that don't have anyone to teach them, or have only bad examples to learn from? Just a shot in the dark on my part. But yes, there are so many classes and DVDs and seminars being taught that it's crossed my mind that there are only so many different ways to teach this subject matter......but each experience is a different one, whether better or worse. (Ironically, I just left a fitness DVD rating website, and was OVERWHELMED at the choices placed before me.....still feeling a little frustrated over that, maybe?)

An added note: these seminars strike me as excellent opportunities to network with like-minded individuals within our profession who show an interest in hearing other people's perspectives, opinions, and advice. Kind of like a self-comparison refresher course? Again, shots in the dark.....one person's perspective.
    "Whether you believe you can or can't, either way, you are right." --- Henry Ford

Thanks

I think its definately worth it if Britney is teaching it. If I recall, DW was far more expensive, hundreds of dollars, for not much more.

I wouldn't travel across the country for the class, but would definately be interested if I were in the area, and still dancing.

Also, I think 8" heels are absolutely ridiculous. That's a risk management issue. As most dancers don't have access to worker's comp or affordable disability policies, its very important NOT to regularly wear such high heels. Although 7" seems ok. That extra inch has caused far too many accidents, not worth it.

"Have you ever been to American wedding? Where is the vodka, where's marinated herring?" - GB
    "And do the cats give a shit? No, they do not. Why? Because they're cats."-from The Onion

Quote Originally Posted by Mia M
    If a cupcake was tossed at me... well, I'd only be upset if it missed my mouth

Thanks

Aahh I wanna go! I'm going to VA Beach this weekend, but can't stick around until the end of the month. I'm planning on moving out to Richmond or Virginia Beach within the year. I hope to be able to attend when and if you have more of these seminars. I think it's important to have networking opportunities such as these. I hope that seminar is a total success!

Thanks

Moving to Richmond! How awesome! It's a beautiful historic town. Any questions about the town, let me know! I don't know much abut Va Beach though, either way, Welcome to Virginia!

Thanks

I'll be there, Lia- I messaged you about it on MySpace (Hidden Dragon) but I never heard back from you on how to register and how to pay! :-)

I'm a bit of an old hand myself at this but I like to take any opportunity to refresh my skills, get different perspectives, network, etc. Reading forums and blogs is an invaluable source of information, but there's nothing quite like a face-to-face discussion. Fifty dollars for a day-long seminar is a bargain; I have organized seminars for another field and the per person cost to put them together was much higher than fifty dollars.

I hope to meet some of you there! :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susan-Va View Post
    Moving to Richmond! How awesome! It's a beautiful historic town. Any questions about the town, let me know! I don't know much abut Va Beach though, either way, Welcome to Virginia!
    Yes! Thank you. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as the time approaches.

In the meantime, I'm sure you'll all learn so much from this seminar. Keep us all posted.

Thanks

Hey, all!

You can now register for the Exotic Dancer, M.B.A. directly on the website! Just push the "register now" button at http://edmba.starlight-ministries.org.

We'll look forward to seeing you there!

Lia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast