Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I should be making more, but my timing is off somehow. Advice?

Thanks

Default I should be making more, but my timing is off somehow. Advice?

So, I'm still a baby stripper. Only worked about a month so far.

Some info on my club: $20, we get $15 for a lap dance. 15 min room=$75, we get $50. 30 min=$150, we get $100. 1 hour =$250, we get $200. 1 hour is rare very here.

Thankfully, I'm not having any issues getting lap dances at my club. But the most I've made is $678. Usually work 7:30/8 to 2 am. We often don't pick up until 10pm, sometimes even 12 pm. On Fridays and Saturdays I'm making at least $600 a shift if it isn't totally dead. But, I know I should be making more because I often miss a lot of men who ask for me. I grab a guy, give him 1-2 dances, 3 once in a while, then walk out of the couch room to grab another who was waiting for me. Repeat.

So, I'm in the couch room most of the night... my thought process is, so why aren't I making more? How do I make time for the other men asking for me? If I'm not about to do a stage set, or there isn't a guy(s) deliberately wasting my time. Usually I turn down the "sit and have a drink with me" guy because I have others waiting to actually spend their money on me. But the guys in a party group will pretend they're going to buy big to get my attention... sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I don't give them too much free time, but it's time I could have been using to give someone else dances. I probably go on stage once an hour or so, and this can take 10-20 minutes depending on the crowd. I try to avoid it as long as possible unless the group is big enough its worth it.

I feel like private rooms are not worth it in my case, but if you think they could benefit me let me know. Guys usually tip the same amount they would tip for 1-2 dances as they would for a 15-30 min room. A couple bucks to 10 dollars, usually. The guy who is going to tip big usually doesn't need to be convinced to get a private room in the first place, they just do it and he isn't scared to spend a little. Getting the same amount of tip money for less time spent is better, you know?

As I said, I miss a fair amount of guys who want to dance with me. So I can only think of these things to improve my money:

* Hurry in and out of the room faster... I try to put on my outfit and shoes back on and pay the bouncer for the dance very quickly. Used to take me a whole song.

* Work on getting the guy to stay for more than 1 or 2 dances. Then I don't need to spend time putting my outfit back on, paying the bouncer, finding the next guy and restarting the process. I've only recently been succeeding in getting them to stay for more than 1, right now my average is 2 per guy. I only get a few guys a night who do 3+.

* Getting bigger tips. Barter? I usually just say after the dances, "Do you want to give me a tip?", all smiley. I've seen someone here before say they ask for a certain number. Like I could say, "I usually get a 10 dollar tip for 2 dances, is that ok?" I'm not sure how this would work with some of the cheap motherfuckers coming to my club, haha. But I could see it working on some.

* Up-charging on my dances. I've only tried this once with a guy so far. Told him I charge $25. He gave me a shitty look then I explained it's because I can get quite busy and need to fit everyone in, then he calmed down a little. I think I can only try this on certain men, though.

*Time the dances more effectively... 3 minutes max maybe, though most girls do like 4 minutes.

I'm like a factory lap dancer, haha. You next, you next. Maybe I could benefit to take more time for bigger tips? Let me know!

Any other tips or criticism would be helpful!
    Last edited by babyblondestripper; 08-05-2019 at 11:56 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblondestripper For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 408 Posts

Default Re: I should be making more, but my timing is off somehow. Advice?

Timing and learning who to approach/walk away from will come with experience. You sound like you are getting the basics of it down already so keep that up.

As far as getting bigger tips:

I said the exact same thing after every dance the last 5 or so years of my career. “That’s $xxx and a big juicy tip”. You have to be assertive with your wording, it’s sales psychology. Some dudes will pleasantly surprise you with how much they’re willing to tip for dances so get that $10 out of your head, it’s a self-limiting thought!

The room prices at your club are a little low and you deserve more compensation than that. So we have to figure out how to charge more. Does the customer pay the club or do they pay you directly and then you give the manager their cut? If they pay you it’s easy-just tell them a higher price. I’d probably start with $250/half hour and then negotiate a tip from there.

If the customer pays the club you’ll need to negotiate your tip from them in the room. Tell them you usually get $xyz amount and aim high! $50 or $100 for 30 mins, $100-$200 for an hour. Remember you can negotiate down if you really have to but it’s rare for them to negotiate up from whatever number you quote them.

If custies give you crap about it tell them you’re worth it and you always get tipped that much.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lurkingtitties For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 799 Posts

I have a few tips:

1: can you schedule guys/regulars for right when you get there? that way you maximize the time you are there and don't wait around until its busy

2: ask for tips!!! or raise/make your own prices. You're clearly in demand if guys wait for you.

3: I was gonna stay do rooms but the prices are very low... unless you get them to triple what you make in 30 minutes, I wouldn't even bother. you know how much more you can make doing dances in 30 minutes? a lot more!

probably the best way is to ask for tips and cultivate regulars.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crystalize For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They give the private room money to the cashier, unfortunately. But you’re right, the room prices are super cheap here, especially for an all nude place in a major city! I’m thinking maybe I’ll be truthful with them before we enter the room- “The room prices here aren’t enough money to keep me out of the lap dance room on a Saturday night, sir, we’ll have to do a higher price for that.”

On top of that I’ll definitely start asking for a high tip in the rooms and tell them I’m worth it, thanks. Definitely a hustle method I gotta try.
    They’re not like nice rooms where you’d order champagne or anything. I’ve never danced anywhere else yet so I don’t know what those rooms are like. It’s just a stall with a couch in it so you don’t have to watch other dudes get grinded while you get grinded, haha.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblondestripper For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I’m not sure how guys would react to getting scheduled. I’m already getting shit from the guys who had to wait for a couple other men before I got to them. Though thankfully those that waited for more likely to spend more time with me.
    And no regulars yet except maybe one guy recently who is showing interest in that. But he’s already trying to pressure me to go on vacation with him... hate dealing with that shit, I don’t like the idea of regulars for that reason. Pretty much constantly bat away OTC offers.
    Last edited by babyblondestripper; 08-05-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblondestripper View Post
    I’m not sure how guys would react to getting scheduled. I’m already getting shit from the guys who had to wait for a couple other men before I got to them. Though thankfully those that waited for more likely to spend more time with me.
    And no regulars yet except maybe one guy recently who is showing interest in that. But he’s already trying to pressure me to go on vacation with him... hate dealing with that shit, I don’t like the idea of regulars for that reason. Pretty much constantly bat away OTC offers.
    its guys that come to see you regularly, tell them 'baby if you come Tuesday at 8 I will have soooo much more time just to spend with you instead off when you come Saturday at 12am when its so many people that will interrupt us"

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crystalize For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's a good idea in general to have someone on my slow Tuesdays, thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 9,213 Times in 4,235 Posts

^ You sound like you have it pretty well dialed in. This is great if you can get some regs. to come in earlier. I try that often. I explain that the best time is 7p.m. or so ( right around when I get there ) because the dance room is empty so it's like getting a free VIP / private room. It does work sometimes .

It seems like you are doing pretty good. The only other thing I can think of right off that others didn't suggest is to bring a stack of $5's ( in the case of 2-3 dances for example, you can count and do a quick hand off to your bouncer instead of needing to wait for change EVER ).

Keep your drink glass full ( such as refilling it in the DR quickly ) to save time on the drink ordering thing in case your club is slow with drinks ( like mine is ). Men will try to be nice offering a refill when you don't want one if they see an empty glass.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 08-06-2019 at 03:21 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was thinking about the stack of 5's thing! Honestly, think it's the only thing at this point I could save time on but it would be a few minutes well saved.

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_b View Post
    ^ You sound like you have it pretty well dialed in. This is great if you can get some regs. to come in earlier. I try that often. I explain that the best time is 7p.m. or so ( right around when I get there ) because the dance room is empty so it's like getting a free VIP / private room. It does work sometimes .

It seems like you are doing pretty good. The only other thing I can think of right off that others didn't suggest is to bring a stack of $5's ( in the case of 2-3 dances for example, you can count and do a quick hand off to your bouncer instead of needing to wait for change EVER ).

Keep your drink glass full ( such as refilling it in the DR quickly ) to save time on the drink ordering thing in case your club is slow with drinks ( like mine is ). Men will try to be nice offering a refill when you don't want one if they see an empty glass.

omg yes!! these are such good tips! if you do all of that, your earnings will go way up!

and there's always trying different clubs too that have higher earnings potential, if that's an option.

Thanks

You getting $50 for 15 min is too low. In that amount of time usually 4 songs go by, so going by lap dances, you should be pulling closer to $80 for that amount of time. If those are the room prices, I would focus on lap dances and not make rooms an option unless you can raise your prices, which you SHOULD be able to do because you are an independent contractor yes? Just tell the customers the club takes too big a cut and you are worth more than that.

Thanks

Also have you calculated your average? $600 in a shift is pretty damn good for where I live, Portland, where it is pretty over-saturated. What are you reasonably expecting to make as an average?

Thanks

I can give you a phrase to use too ( as it gets later ) :
    " Lap Dances are typically $20 to me and $5 to the club at this time of night ". That way .... they know you are not keeping it all / makes it a little more palatable. I'd recommend not getting greedy with that one though , use when it actually IS busy.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 08-08-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks

I've only worked a month but my average was $400 something. I'm not saying I should be making more than 600 on an average, though of course that'd be nice, lol. $600 are my weekend average, I think. But I know when I'm missing men who would spend on me, I need to improve something to fit them all in. And knowing I'm in the lap dance room for hours, I don't know how others talk about $1000 nights. But as others have pointed out, I think it might be the low prices here.

Thanks

^ I think you can increase your prices just a bit and do the time saving tricks to get your average to $500 ish personally.

It sounds like guys are responding to you so nothing wrong with trying to get that earnings " reach " .

22. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,240 Times in 2,352 Posts

I think you should increase your prices for the private rooms. I also think you may just need to level up clubs. Go somewhere where you can earn more.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What time does your club close? In my club we are open until 6 am and the money doesn't start coming without alot of effort until 2 am. Can you stay later?

Also, just KEEP ASKING. Girl it has taken me YEARS to stop being afraid of "No!" I started out last night with 3 men telling me they were "waiting for someone else" and then I ended up selling a 4 hr suite and got 500 in tips from the guy. This was actually because of the DJ referring me to a baller.

That said, TIP YOUR DJ. They have their finger on the pulse of the club if they are worth a damn, and they WILL take care of you if you take care of them. That's another thing I took forever to learn. I'd always tip, but when I started tipping generously my life got SO much easier. The staff are your friends my dear.

Tip your DJ. He will get you in with the big spenders and keep you off stage when you could be making money.

Tip your servers. They know who is ordering top shelf discreetly on the reg and who just tries to LOOK like a big spender.

Tip your bartender. This will get you drinks faster so you can get back to the floor.

Generosity is a great investment
    Last edited by hippiechick; 08-11-2019 at 04:06 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to hippiechick For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Hey girl!
    Dont listen to the girls saying what do you expect to be making a night, $600 is really good for being so new but of course you want and should get that thousand or more. (And yes its possible, especially if you have guys lined up for you!) I dont think you should focus on trying to switch clubs right now since you’re still getting used to it& obviously you’re doing pretty well there even with the fast paced hustle and a lot of other clubs in that area (I know what club this is but wont say for privacy reasons) are shutting down right now like last time I went to this city the club I was working at literally closed down two weeks after I worked there lmfao.
    Anyway my advice for you would be :

• Asking for more tips. This will probably help your income the most. And like someone else said, don’t limit yourself to $10 per two songs or whatever. After every dance, remind them you accept tips too. Especially when they’re paying with twenties its so easy for them to just slip an extra 20. You can sweetly remind them or play it up with sass like “you wanna give me a really good tip right?” Whatever works best for you and that particular customer’s personality. Everyone knows strippers work for tips so dont be afraid to ask and push for more! Be confident (#1 most important thing)

• Working the room the most efficiently. This is still hard for even vets to do sometimes so dont beat yourself up about it but there are some habits it will be helpful for you to get into now. I see that you’re not sitting and drinking with guys which is baby stripper mistake #1 so good! On busy weekend nights when you have options, a quick 1 min hustle is best. just remember to be confident and flirtatious and dont get discouraged when you get a no (it happens to everyone!) Try to keep track of faces as you go around the room/who was looking at you/tipping you on stage/how long they been there/what they’re drinking/noticing demographics and types of guys you seem to do well with. Over time you’ll get better at this naturally and notice patterns of guys you do well with/what a guy ready to spend money looks like even though it is true that you’ll get surprised many times. Every time you go back out on the floor, keep your targets in your mind so you’re not just blindly asking for dances

• Selling sets of songs. How much of your income is stage money?With your club’s VIP structure, it might not be worth it for you to push VIPs if its going to take you off rotation and just try to push sets of dances instead. Since you have guys waiting for you, you want to cut down on the guys that are gonna spend $20 on you and go straight to the guys that are gonna spend $100+.. Its great that you are in demand it will make guys spend more on you because everyone wants you! So on a night you’re busy use that to your advantage. When you’re busy, tell them “Im busy now so I’m only doing sets of 2 songs or more” or “someone else asked before you, but if you do 3 songs we can go right now”. Be firm and say it confidently. If you get a guy that’s like, “wahhhh I can’t just get one song?!!?” you can just come back to his cheap ass later if there’s no other options but this way you can weed out the guys that aren’t planning to spend much. You have to play around with finding a set of songs/time that works best with the pricing structure.I think you should experiment with doing a 2 for $50 on busy nights and see how that works. Practice a lapdance routine that lasts two songs so you get good at it & you can stack 2 for $50s, or if they’re hesitant about another 2 for $50 tell them the next song is $20.

• Upselling to VIPs. If you do decide you want to push for rooms/stage money is not great one night or whatever pushing VIPs is easy you just have to emphasize the best parts about it. Since you said no other guys will be watching, thats a huge selling point. While in a lapdance, act all hot & bothered like you loooooove dancing for him & tell him “I wish no one else was watching us” or ask “dont you wanna go somewhere more private now?” This opens the door to sell VIPs. When he asks what’s different about it basically emphasize everything that’s better (privacy, own room, no one else watching, undivided attention, we don’t have to stop every song...you see how these are all the same thing basically but it sounds like a list of perks? Its easiest to tell them about private rooms while you’re already dancing on him so 1) he’s already spending and 2) he’s thinking with his dick. Since the club pricing is so low & philly guys can be cheap about tipping its best to directly say how much you want as a tip. ie, VIP is $150 to the club and $150 for me. If you ask for as much as the club gets, $150 for 15 mins or $300 for 30 mins is pretty standard around the country. Ask girls in the club what they charge for a tip in VIP to get an idea, but I think this is a good starting point and not too much or too little. If they think this is too much, they can just keep doing single dances so you get money out of it either way! Or, if the night is slow you can negotiate down if you choose to. However dont lowball yourself obviously. I would say dont take less than $100/15 mins, $150/hh The more you mention VIP, the more chances you have to sell it!

• Maximizing the most out of each customer. Again, this comes with experience but here’s some things:
    Keeping the customer engaged during dances, asking what they like etc.
    Always suggest “lets keep going” while doing a lapdance
    Always do the sexiest moves at the end of the dance
    Since your dances are full nude, dont get naked till the end of the first song
    and wait till the end of the second song to really start showing your pussy, remember they are men after all! There are many ways to tease
    Focus on building up tension/passion
    Suggest they make it rain on you while you dance for them
    Find something to connect with them about/build rapport with like favorite band, astrological sign, the color they’re wearing, where they’re from, anything! Anything you can relate to them about because people want to spend money on people they relate to
    Dont be afraid to be sassy, you’re a stripper after all! If they try to give you a unsatisfactory tip, joke “you can do better than that!”

I hope this helps, message me if you have any other questions and/or let me know how it goes! 😘😘

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to seraphinej For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seraphinej View Post
    Hey girl!
    Dont listen to the girls saying what do you expect to be making a night, $600 is really good for being so new but of course you want and should get that thousand or more. (And yes its possible, especially if you have guys lined up ��
    To be clear I was not suggesting she not try for more. My intention was for her to clarify her goals, specific to her city/club. It's easier to reach a goal when you know what it is. I gave Portland as an example because goals should also be realistic, and depending on your city and club, $1000 per night might or might not be very realistic.

Thanks

HOLY SHIT these tips are bomb!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much seraphinej! I can’t wait to try each of these out. And I can’t believe you clocked where I work, everything you’re saying is accurate, haha.

Since posting this, I’ve been trying other ways to get money outside of the set pricing. If someone tells me they’re new or something and they don’t have any friends that may have gotten a dance already, I’ve been saying it’s 20 for a regular dance, and 30 to touch me. After the first dance, whether they paid for the touching or not I say, “ I really want your hands on me, can we do another where you touch me? Just $20.” But I only do this to the one-dance-only guy.

I've also strictly been shortening the 15-minute rooms to 10 minutes when I set the timer, no one has said anything or seen it. It makes me feel a little better about what my time is worth. I need to work on getting the price up but I'll definitely try these tips given to me by you lovely ladies.
    Last edited by babyblondestripper; 08-12-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hippiechick View Post
    What time does your club close? In my club we are open until 6 am and the money doesn't start coming without alot of effort until 2 am. Can you stay later?
    We're only open until 2!! And you're so right, it gets really busy from 1 am to 2 am on weekends, and it's especially a struggle to be fitting men in at this time.

That said, my DJ sits in a booth the whole night and doesn't know shit, lol. But I do tip well there. I skipped it the other night when he screamed and cursed at one of the girls for the stupidest reason, but I'm probably just screwing over myself by doing that.

Should I tip the bartender even though I don't drink? I just get water sometimes, but I mostly bring my own. If a guy buys me a drink once in a blue moon I make him tip her.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblondestripper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes tip your bartender especially if your club has a head server. Once I started tipping them large amounts more regularly they would pull me off stage to go in champagne rooms or with bottle service booths. (That club would select the girls when it was a group of guys). I made way more money doing that and spent way less time on stage or even trying to sell because the rooms were already paid for and I was just being selected as a girl to dance for them. Tipping the dj never got me anywhere but that really depends on the club you're at.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Futterwacken For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Tipping dj and bartenders never gets me anywhere, actually it seems to make them take me for granted, and stop trying to please me. I'm new at my club rn, so I'm not giving out big tips until someone gives me a reason to. But I understand tipping does work well for a lot of girls!! The only thing I see you could do different is pay closer attention to the outfits you're wearing. If it's taking a whole song to get dressed, that's too long. Make sure you tie up bikini tops only when you first put them on - then slide over your head to get off, so you don't have to untie. Either that, or just slide the triangles away from your boobs without taking the whole thing off - esp. if he's only agreed to 1-2 songs. You could also get dressed as you walk out of the room - that's what I end up doing a lot. Also, to save time at the end when you're getting dressed, stop conversating as soon as the dance is up, and get the money taken care of and dressed, in other words, think of it as the end of your time with this guy if he's not good for another dance. The other thing you could do - if you do take up a whole other song getting dressed - is ask him to pay you for another song, if he's been talking a lot and taking up the time or whatever. Good luck babe

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmen Elixer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Have you tried pick-up lines? Like do you wanna have the most fun you can in a strip club? Then when he asks how say with me silly. Or how would you like some titties on your face? These have and keep on working for me. And if you are real desperate. Walk up to a group of guys. Then say only gay guys don't want a dance from me. This attacks their masculinity. Now if they leave without getting a dance, their friends will pick on them, forever. Try a few different pick-up lines. 80% of this job is selling yourself verbally. So say a lot of cute things.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-Wolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've been using these tips as well as charging more when possible, weeding out the cheapies, and I'm so happy to say not only has my average been increasing, but I made my first grand last night!!! Thank you, ladies!!!

Though it was the busiest I've ever seen it, I definitely couldn't have done it like that before reaching out and learning more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast