Thread: Got the job... but... (depressed kinda)

Thanks

Default Got the job... but... (depressed kinda)

Hey everyone. Just got back from my second audition at what I *thought* was the better club in town. It went well.

I met the day bouncer, head bartender and DJ first. All very nice and welcoming (haha, funny how the MEN were all super wonderful to me but I got stares and dirty looks from the girls). The bouncer was sorta cute.. he started flirting with me about 10 seconds after I walked in the door and the DJ too sorta. I was glad they were easy going and flirty and not hard to talk to at all. I could see myself getting on well with them.

The club owner/manager lady was nice but not friendly to me, sorta cold/mildly catty vibe, but respectful.

The other girls.. well.. I'm not worried about the other girls, they aren't why I'm there. Maybe 2 of them were nice, 2 of them gave me hella dirty looks and the other group of them were too busy getting wasted on shots (yikes) at 12 noon to even notice I was there. But thats cool.. I'm not judging but as a former drunk myself it was a little painful to see...

So I got dressed and they checked me out to see if I was "legal". They told me I looked sexy and my body was great and I was beautiful. The itty bitty titties were NO problem, trust me, all you flat girls, don't even worry about it. They loved my body and said it was a perfect dancers build. They did tell me I need to make sure to go buy some solid color thongs to wear under my lacy bloomers, OR wear solid color booty shorts because I guess it's illegal here for see through bottoms (I wore lacy black bloomers over a sorta seethrough lacy black thong).

After making sure I was good to go, they sent me up onstage, which was the most nerveracking part, in a way it was worse than amatur night because for that, there was a crowd of drunk men screaming for me and for this there was just the staff and a group of maybe 5 dancers watching me and sorta giggling/talking amongst themselves. I tried to not worry about what they thought. The bouncer made it easier by sorta teasing me and flirting with me and saying because everyone else was gonna kiss my ass he would be the jerk who would laugh and point when I fell down bwahaha.

I didn't fall down though. I danced to Lollipop and Personal Jesus (the MM one). I did fine, and it was sorta cool, dancing, off in my own world up on the big pretty stage with the lights. Every now and then I turned and caught myself in the mirrors and was like WOAH! DAMN GIRL! THATS YOU UP THERE! lol.. surprised me for a second.. the lighting in this club is VERY flattering and I barely recognized myself lol.. it made me feel good.

It got sorta boring up there though, there were no customers in the club to go down to the rail and flirt with, so I just kept doing my slow and slinky dance, not much to it, I don't know the pole at all and wasn't about to attempt it and break my neck in front of the whole staff. I was shaking during the first song but by the second I steadied and it was pretty easy. I imagined the club full of people and that made it easier (weirdly, dont know why!). For some reason it was easier when a lot of people were staring at me. During my audition the staff was only half paying attention, and talking to each other. I don't think they cared much how I danced they had already hired me before I even went up there it was just a technicality thing that I had to audition.

SO, I got the job. BUT.. here is my dilemma.

The owner said I have to work day shifts for a year..

Now this worries me because the club was empty.. and overall my house fees are going to be about 60 bucks a day... I'm wondering if it's even possible to make that much when there are like.. 4 customers?

Shifts are 12-7 so thats quite a bit of time but of course I'll be competing with 10+ other girls.. I believe in myself, but I know they will have regulars and stuff too.
    Ok so after I left I went outside with the bouncer and talked to him abit and he was like "Oh, they always tell that to noobs. Shes probably just saying that because you haven't danced at ALL before..in a few weeks just ask if you can be put on nights"

He's worked there awhile so I'm hoping he's right.. because a YEAR before night shifts.. I mean I'm leaving this area to go traveling in a couple months. I get that they want you to pay your dues but since I wont be around I don't know if it's worth it for me to put in this dayshift time when some days I might be going into the red, you know?

What do you guys think? Do you think this situation sounds legit, like how it would be at most places? The only other club is a 1.5 hour drive away and not really worth the gas money for me.

Should I just go in for my first dayshift and see what happens? And consider this valuable experience so that when I go to a big city/new area next year I can tell clubs I have experience and maybe get a job easier?

I appreciate any advice. I'm just a little hesitant about this since I'm already hurting for money and can't really afford to be throwing 60 bucks a night away. Maybe it's easier to make money than I think? I don't know, I KNOW all those girls wouldn't be there if they were losing money every day shift right?

Hmmmmmmmm... confusion lol.

Thanks for reading!

P.S. My fave stripper name "Evie" was already taken, so my new name is Kiera. I think it's cute, don't you?

Thanks

Default Re: Got the job... but... (depressed kinda)

ehh the bouncer is prolly right, you'll be on nightshift in no time. and if the irls didn't werent making house fee, let alone money-they wouldn't be there. Just suck it up for a couple weeks... get a feel for the club...One way to get on night shift is to ask them to stay, and just act like you fit in. Make sure to have the proper outfits for night if thats different too. Afterwards tell them how much you liked it. good luck
    These days I like to count my money. I like to wash it delicately and iron it. Sometimes I dry it with some bounty to make it all nice and cuddly. I love my money... did I say that out loud?

Thanks

CONGRATS! it only gets easier to go up from here on out.

wow... that sucks that they are sticking you on day shift. when I started working at cheetah I went in on a Fri night and I told them I had no experience.. and they hired me... so maybe another club will be more flexible?

There is money to be made during the day tho... perhaps the bouncer is right, because one year is just too long.
    I say give it a try... and if you aren't making the kind of money you want then DIP.

as far as how your co workers were... it is veerrryyy common. The bouncers, and DJs are always very flirty. But the dancers aren't really that friendly at first... which is why I always keep to myself.. Because I'd much rather be friendless at work then accidentally start drama. I've been working at my most recent club for over a month and I am not friends with any of the dancers... some are sweet and we exchange a few words...others always size me up and down when Im changing... but I don't carry a conversation with any of em.

Keep a good relationship with the managers and DJs, they can hook you up. :-)

I REALLY don't think you'll have any problems making money because you are a cute girl...

Thanks

Thanks! ^I will do my best to keep this mentality as well. I don't think I'll have any problem keeping a good relationship with them lol.. I'm pretty flirty myself.

My first shift is monday. I've already taken out my house fees and stuck them in my purse and consider them gone, never were there. I'll forget I ever had that 60 bucks. That way, the whole shift I can focus on my game and my hustle and just having a good time and learning, and won't feel scared or desperate about possibly not covering my house fees. If I lose all that money and don't do well, I'll consider it me buying a day in the life of a stripper. Buying life experience so to speak. And any money I do make will just be a bonus!

I find keeping my mentality this way helps me a lot, in life in general. Positive energy! Yay, I'm no longer depressed, I'm excited now! lol
    Last edited by MsClaireVoyant; 11-11-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Thanks

Keep us posted and go make that $$$$ honey.

Thanks

Thanks. I posted a thread in hustle hut with my hustle questions. I want to learn to hustle! I see it as a challenge and I think I could be good at it. Because in my entire life anything I've ever wanted to do I've done, and become good at and then mastered, so people skills is a totally new challenge for me!

You know another weird thing about my club is that they told me they "frown on playing hip hop music". I was like whhaaaa? That sorta sucks because I'm big on dancing to hip hop and I think thats some of the sexiest music. They said they are aiming for it being a "rock club" which I found interesting. So now I need to think of a lot of new rock songs to dance to lol.

Thanks

work days and stay through nights
    hes probably just trying to make sure he has day girls
    if you can pull doubles
    youll be alright
    dont they cut the house fee for dayshifts at all?
    "i dont mind living in a mans world, as long a s i can be a woman in it"- marilyn monroe

Thanks

No cut for dayshifts, I believe it's the same day or night.