Thread: Site updated - new social group, pm, priviacy features, and more!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Site updated - new social group, pm, priviacy features, and more!

Just completed a new update.

Social groups are better supported now. Social groups are basically mini-forums that members can create and moderate themselves. This was the original intent of Members Boards, so please note that forum will be closing shortly. I encourage those that use it to create topic based Social Groups to continue discussions. Social Groups can be made public or private. Please note that Social Groups are still subject to our site rules.

A sample can be seen at: http://forum.stripperweb.com/group.php?groupid=1

More information about social groups can be read at: http://forum.stripperweb.com/faq.php..._social_groups

Private messaging also got an update. Quick reply has been added. Reporting a PM has been moved, but better integrated on the administration side of things. PMs can be sorted and filtered now by different fields.

Privacy options have been added to your profile as well. You can now select who may see information about you: Everyone, Registered Members, Contacts, or only Friends. You can set permissions for your: Profile Picture, Visitor Messages, Contact Info, Albums, About Me, Friends, Recent Visitors, Group Memberships.

There are also a bunch other small cosmetic and usability changes made throughout the site.

As always, if you run into trouble with something, please let us know either in this thread or in site issues!

Thanks and enjoy!
    Last edited by Pryce; 01-12-2009 at 10:44 PM.
    We all imagine ourselves the agents of our destiny, capable of determining our own fate. But have we truly any choice in when we rise, or when we fall, or does a force larger than ourselves bid us our direction. Is it evolution that takes us by the hand, does Science point our way, or is it God who intervenes keeping us safe.

So much struggle for meaning, for purpose. And in the end, we find it only in each other. Our shared experience of the fantastic. And the mundane. The simple human need to find a kindred, to connect. And to know in our hearts... that we are not alone.
    Heroes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 1,043 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused

Default Re: Site updated - new social group, pm, priviacy features, and more!

If I create a new Group any chance an Admin could move a few threads to it from Members?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I would be happy to except it isn't currently a supported feature. Sucks, I know. I'm on the look out for an addition that will make it possible.
    We all imagine ourselves the agents of our destiny, capable of determining our own fate. But have we truly any choice in when we rise, or when we fall, or does a force larger than ourselves bid us our direction. Is it evolution that takes us by the hand, does Science point our way, or is it God who intervenes keeping us safe.

So much struggle for meaning, for purpose. And in the end, we find it only in each other. Our shared experience of the fantastic. And the mundane. The simple human need to find a kindred, to connect. And to know in our hearts... that we are not alone.
    Heroes

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Pryce View Post
    Just completed a new update.

Social groups are better supported now. Social groups are basically mini-forums that members can create and moderate themselves. This was the original intent of Members Boards, so please note that forum will be closing shortly....
    Does this mean that threads in Member Boards will be deleted, or will remain, but the board just becomes un-postable like the old Political Poo?
    I loved going to strip clubs; I actually made some friends there. Now things are different for the clubs and for me. As a result I am not as happy.

Customers are not entitled to grope, disrespect, or rob strippers. This is their job, not their hobby, and they all need income. Clubs are not just some erotic show for guys to view while drinking.

NOTE: anything I post here, outside of a direct quote, is my opinion only, which I am entitled to. Take it for what you estimate it is worth.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The board itself will be replaced with a link to social groups. The posts will be gone. I will save them privately in the case that a converter is created. Political Poo will also be removed. Spring cleaning.

Heroes

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Got it. Appreciate your information! Could you tell me where you learned about this ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My friend recommended a to me, who can tell me the detail about it?

Thanks

Good post, fun and full of information. But most of all, I like the way you write.