Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

  1. #1
    Curious Guest
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Smiley Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Hi Everyone,

    While doing online marketing for our club, I recently came across a discussion on this board that is grossly misinformed.

    Here is the thread:

    Stripper Web doesn't allow a manager to post in club chat, so I had to start a new post to address that one.

    I am the manager and a co-owner of (.

    I am here to answer any questions you may have about the club.

    Let me start with a brief introduction to address some of the comments made in the other thread...

    1) I owned the original "loft party club" in NYC that the Hot Lapdance Club was later modeled after. It was called "Executive Elite" and was a busy password party in a huge loft in the Garment District, a few blocks from Times Square. We were written up in several local publications and were quite popular.

    2) Our boats do not go anywhere. They stay put, in one place. There is no actual "cruise", so those posting about "international waters" are posting from imagined problems, not reality. This isn't James Bond. It's just a boat on the shore that sits there acting as a normal strip club would.

    3) We have increased our pay to $350 for a 2 hour shift... flat fee shift pay. We listened to what you said in your posts here as well as feedback from last year's dancers. People would rather be paid a flat shift pay, so we have changed the policy for 2009.

    4) Someone posted this crazy post about drugs, throwing people off boats in international waters, coke parties, etc... We have an extremely strict policy on drugs. Bring them, and your time on the boat is over immediately. The police will be waiting for you when you leave if you do because we'll call them. Why do we do this? The US Coast Guard has an extremely strict policy on drugs. If they find even a pot seed, they take the boat and that's that. We cannot risk this extreme penalty and therefore allow no drugs on our boats. This means girls too! Nobody can bring them on.

    This drug policy is listed here: It's at the bottom of the page under Rules.

    5) There are no "club permits" or "club licensing" required for this business in our state, other than the standard business license and incorporation all businesses have here. The FL people must be speaking of a FL specific law that requires all clubs to have some additional license. We do not have that kind of licensing requirement here. A club is just like any other business in this location and requires the standard licensing.

    6) Nina is correct in the other thread... the way attempted to set up her business was pandering. She made several mistakes in the setup that would result in her business being illegal. She thought about setting it up illegally. Of course, we aren't set up as she was thinking about setting up.

    7) Lastly, we have a pretty extreme amount of security. Having run the underground loft party club in Manhattan that the Hot Lap Dance Club was modeled after, I had to devise such security in the past.We have a weapons and drug search for all customers prior to boarding, plus a full time, trained security guard positioned where he can see everything going on at all times. He is capable of incapacitating any customer who gets out of hand until the police arrive. This is well beyond the security of any strip club I've ever been to.



    If you have any questions at all regarding this club, please ask us, rather than listening to speculation and wild stories of murder on the high seas. It's just a normal club with a cool view and a nice, relaxed environment.

  2. #2
    God/dess Eric Stoner's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,330
    Thanks
    730
    Thanked 901 Times in 526 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Welcome and many thanks for providing FACTS.

    As you noted, ONLY females are permitted to post in "Club Chat" and "Private Party Dancing" and this sometimes results in rumor mongering and swapping of MISinformation as opposed to actual facts.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

  3. #3
    God/dess Sophia_Starina's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Nudie-Land
    Posts
    7,223
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,463 Posts
    My Mood
    Sneaky

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    Welcome and many thanks for providing FACTS.

    As you noted, ONLY females are permitted to post in "Club Chat" and "Private Party Dancing" and this sometimes results in rumor mongering and swapping of MISinformation as opposed to actual facts.

    I dunno.... it's still a less than perfectly balanced spin on the service/situation. I'd be interested in seeing an objective write up by a known member who can give some first hand insight.

    Let's be real ES..... this is essentially advertising (maybe some damage control, too.... considering the less than stellar reception this company got in Club Chat)...... it's not exactly Facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by ModelCruises View Post

    1) I owned the original "loft party club" in NYC that the Hot Lapdance Club was later modeled after. It was called "Executive Elite" and was a busy password party in a huge loft in the Garment District, a few blocks from Times Square. We were written up in several local publications and were quite popular.
    Oh and ModelCruises.... name-dropping Hot Lap Dance won't exactly endear you the members of this board. Word to the wise....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
    ^What Sophia said.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda57us View Post
    I wish there was an "auto-like" setting that I could just have applied to all of your posts Sophia....

  4. #4
    Member CosmicCandy's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Out There Somewhere
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Seems like a bunch of stuff changed since I visited your website last, cleared up some questions.

  5. #5
    God/dess Eric Stoner's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,330
    Thanks
    730
    Thanked 901 Times in 526 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia_Starina View Post
    I dunno.... it's still a less than perfectly balanced spin on the service/situation. I'd be interested in seeing an objective write up by a known member who can give some first hand insight.

    Let's be real ES..... this is essentially advertising (maybe some damage control, too.... considering the less than stellar reception this company got in Club Chat)...... it's not exactly Facts.



    Oh and ModelCruises.... name-dropping Hot Lap Dance won't exactly endear you the members of this board. Word to the wise....
    Hmmm. Well as compared to factually challenged speculation, surmise and conjecture ? Until contradicted by someone with first hand knowledge and experience I'd say his post stands. What I don't get, and what was not said, is what the allure is ; what about the concept or set-up is going to draw custies ?

    He said that HIS party was the inspiration for Lou to start HLD and like it or not, Lou was successful for quite a while. His behavior turned off a lot of dancers and ultimately bit him on the ass. That's called "JUSTICE".
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

  6. #6
    Featured Member
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    804
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 34 Times in 24 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    As you noted, ONLY females are permitted to post in "Club Chat" and "Private Party Dancing" and this sometimes results in rumor mongering and swapping of MISinformation as opposed to actual facts.
    No, no misogynistic language there. Not at all.(insert sarcasm smiley here)
    WTF???
    I've met men that were far worse rumor spreaders than most of the women I know. A LOT of men like that.

    I find it hard to believe a post like that is allowed to stand unchallenged on a board primarily geared toward women.

    I feel oh so comfortable.


    >END of threadjack; sorry.
    Last edited by lildreamer316; 02-19-2009 at 01:55 PM.
    Grinding is for coffee and meat.
    "I want to entertain people who wish to be entertained, not be an expensive but poor substitute for someone who can't find themselves a prostitute."-Asurfel
    Those Who Hear Not The Music Think The Dancers Mad.
    “Belgian Trappist Organically Farmed Multiple Orgasm Inducing. Bed Shaking, Neighbors Complaining, Heirloom Radishes”

  7. #7
    Senior Member Miaowren's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Is that Gemma Ward?? Psst she's a Supermodel/Actress. There are probably laws about doing a tacky cut out job on her face and then featuring it as a part of the heading for a website advertising your business.

    Just sayin'?
    It's not like some random chick on youtube, she's bound to have lawyers and money... and possibly also a new boat?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miaowren For This Useful Post:


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    146
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 26 Times in 15 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    I apoligize if my posts came across as over the top but from what was being said I felt it fair to warn this girl of the possiblities of what this REALLY could be. For all i know she is, like many girls in this business, very young and naive.

    Having taken a better look at your advertisement for the "model cruise", I hate to say it but i am still not sold. What you show as a yacht is not what i would consider a party boat really. And its really unclear- do the girls give dances or not? And if so- where? On the bed in one of those tiny rooms? I have been on several boats and even the larger ones are pretty awkward quarters to be giving lap dances. Once again no offense......... but these are thing girls would want to know?

    You also mentioned that there is no club licensing requirements for this type of business in your state? Where is that? The areas in and around New York City are pretty strick from my experience.......... not to mention you are serving alcohol? No offense to your post or your idea (like i said its somthing i thought about putting together myself) but it still sounds a little strange in my opinion. And the fact that you are calling my statements about drugs and dangerous situations "crazy" is not really impressive either. Girls in this business have all kinds of ridiculous experiences all the time that involve over aggressive guys or people on drugs. Its not "crazy" to warn a girl of this potential situation.

  10. #9
    God/dess Paris's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    6,345
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 798 Times in 417 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    More he said/she said stuff?

    As I don't know a thing about Hot Lap Dance Club, have never been there and never will go there, my take on the situation is as follows:

    I get the impression that there is a communication breakdown between the girls and the management. I doubt that anyone was blatantly lied to, but I do get the impression that some girls felt intentionally mislead to work for Hot Lap Dance Club.

    Having been intentionally mislead to work for a club by a fast talking booking agent, I know exactly how this can happen. I recommend being very clear with the dancers when making the bookings, and dancers should be sure that they understand exactly what is expected at the party.

    Ultimately, a person's feeling and experiences are her own.


    Promote yourself and earn more money! This is a business that is owned by strippers for strippers. Let's make that money!


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paris For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    God/dess Sophia_Starina's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Nudie-Land
    Posts
    7,223
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,463 Posts
    My Mood
    Sneaky

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Paris View Post
    More he said/she said stuff?

    As I don't know a thing about Hot Lap Dance Club, have never been there and never will go there, my take on the situation is as follows:

    I doubt that anyone was blatantly lied to, but I do get the impression that some girls felt intentionally mislead to work for Hot Lap Dance Club.
    Hot Lap dance is the club that will never die!!! LOL.... I can't believe we're talking about it so long after it has vanished from the face of the earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
    ^What Sophia said.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda57us View Post
    I wish there was an "auto-like" setting that I could just have applied to all of your posts Sophia....

  13. #11
    Curious Guest
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Hi Nina,

    No worries. I just wanted to clear the record. I'm sure, living down where you do, you've seen some pretty sketchy people on boats. I've spent time in S FL and seen actual pan handlers living on half-sunken boats. Scary people. So... I can understand your first thoughts.

    I'll try and answer your questions as best I can:

    The girls do give dances. The dances take place in a semi-circular area inside the boat that looks a lot like the lap dance area of any other club. Sure, it's not as big as a normal club... but it's different and that's why people like it.

    We do not serve alcohol. It is much more informal. We give beer & wine away for free, as is legal for any charter boat. It's self-serve, in a cooler. This is a very informal experience, which is why everyone likes it. Only cans and plastic cups (because we have our eye on safety at all times).

    It is not crazy to warn girls of potential problems, but I wish you would have looked into the actual situation before coming up with all those what-ifs - only because they have all been accounted for in advance. Security is my personal mission, ever since the private party club in Manhattan. Even the girls are not allowed to bring drugs, which is different from most clubs and probably gets us less girls, but that's important to us.

    I hope this helps clear things up. We only have slots for 3 dancers open as of now anyway, but I figured I'd address that other thread just so people knew we were good people with experience running clubs.

    I ran into the same kind of thing with my last club. Some people became very frightened and nervous because it was different. It was a private, underground party. The same types of imaginative stories came out about murder, drugs, bad people, no escape and no security. In the end, the girls that worked there made bank because it was different. We were filled to capacity on most nights of the week. That guy from the Hot Lapdance Club used to call all the time asking about how to buy the place or partner up... then he opened his own as I moved on to another phase in life, closing the club.

    I didn't really follow his story, but it sounds like he wasn't very nice to the girls. In the end, that's the most important thing, because without the dancers, you have no club.

    Quote Originally Posted by nina888 View Post
    I apoligize if my posts came across as over the top but from what was being said I felt it fair to warn this girl of the possiblities of what this REALLY could be. For all i know she is, like many girls in this business, very young and naive.

    Having taken a better look at your advertisement for the "model cruise", I hate to say it but i am still not sold. What you show as a yacht is not what i would consider a party boat really. And its really unclear- do the girls give dances or not? And if so- where? On the bed in one of those tiny rooms? I have been on several boats and even the larger ones are pretty awkward quarters to be giving lap dances. Once again no offense......... but these are thing girls would want to know?

    You also mentioned that there is no club licensing requirements for this type of business in your state? Where is that? The areas in and around New York City are pretty strick from my experience.......... not to mention you are serving alcohol? No offense to your post or your idea (like i said its somthing i thought about putting together myself) but it still sounds a little strange in my opinion. And the fact that you are calling my statements about drugs and dangerous situations "crazy" is not really impressive either. Girls in this business have all kinds of ridiculous experiences all the time that involve over aggressive guys or people on drugs. Its not "crazy" to warn a girl of this potential situation.

  14. #12
    God/dess firemaiden04's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,653
    Thanks
    3,054
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 901 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by ModelCruises View Post

    It is not crazy to warn girls of potential problems, but I wish you would have looked into the actual situation before coming up with all those what-ifs - only because they have all been accounted for in advance.
    Looking into the situation probably wouldn't discount many what-ifs. If you tell every girl who's ever been assaulted or hurt while stripping for a guy that all those "what-if" situations were already addressed by management before she started working there, she'd tell you to shove it, and rightly so. Shit happens. Bouncers aren't always 100% aware and 100% in control--if they were, nothing violent would ever happen at any strip clubs. Ever. It's good that so many people are questioning the legitimacy and safety of this gig. It means they're smart, safe, and have their mind in the right place. So cut us some slack about the "what-ifs".

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to firemaiden04 For This Useful Post:


  16. #13
    Curious Guest
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by firemaiden04 View Post
    Looking into the situation probably wouldn't discount many what-ifs. If you tell every girl who's ever been assaulted or hurt while stripping for a guy that all those "what-if" situations were already addressed by management before she started working there, she'd tell you to shove it, and rightly so. Shit happens. Bouncers aren't always 100% aware and 100% in control--if they were, nothing violent would ever happen at any strip clubs. Ever. It's good that so many people are questioning the legitimacy and safety of this gig. It means they're smart, safe, and have their mind in the right place. So cut us some slack about the "what-ifs".
    Fair enough... this is true of all clubs. Nobody can be 100% safe in life... so I agree, shit happens.

    It is good for people to question the safety of this gig and every other, as you say.

    My point (although I may have not stated it correctly) was that we actually have a metal detector and do a complete search of every patron... something not done at most clubs. We also have a guard on each boat that is beyond a normal strip club bouncer. We have ex-cops who can actually incapacitate an unruly/violent patron, restraining them until the police arrive.

    I've been fortunate. In all the time we ran the club in Manhattan, no girl was ever assaulted... not once. We used the same harsh security on the customers we are using here. I think they behave because they know there are severe consequences once they've passed through the security and seen the guy who is trained to keep them in line. We're not talking a bouncer... we're talking a trained, professional security guard watching over a small party on each boat.

    But I agree... always question security. That's why I take it so seriously as well.

  17. #14
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    146
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 26 Times in 15 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Hey thanks!! Like i said before....... these ideas sound great in theory but if run incorrectly can be disasters in reality. The more ground you cover before hand is always best ...... and it shows that you care about the girls safety, which is a huge plus!!!

    I totally agree that the nightclub scene is always in need of fresh ideas and the new stuff usually does extremely well. I myself am in a strange situation at this moment as a dancer that i realize the average strip club scene has become dated and somewhat boring - both to the customers and the girls. Not to mention too many everyday people (aka non-customers) have started to frequent the clubs simply for the "cool" atmosphere. Its sickening at best and makes you feel cheap and unappreciated. The clubs that offer a different vibe do amazing while the dinasours (ahem Scores) die off to everyones shock (ahem rip off).

    Like i said in the beginning- i also thought of the same idea and had a very very nice boat (built in pole and all) as well as uber-wealthy, intelligent, well mannered clientelle. The things that came up in respect to what i considered a brilliant idea are the points i thought important to make here.

    That said....... i would still recommend any girl that is looking into this to really check out the situation (aka the boat and specific arrangements) in person BEFORE booking a shift. As convincing as things may sound there is always the possibility of foul play. I have seen it in Florida as well as New York (sheesh maby moreso there) and even uber conservative places like CT (aka outcall girls in the club). Bottom line is to make sure you are safe.

    Lastly.......... i would get paid cash UP FRONT. Any club or model agency i have ever worked for that isnt a big time agency (aka Elite or Ford etc) has been a major pain in the ass about writing out checks if they arent offering cash up front. Dont buy into this crap about processing time and agency fees yada yada. Agencies usually take a cut of what you make- but smaller ones for independent ventures have been known to hold money up to 3 months before paying out. Some turn around and ask you to buy pictures with the money they are supposed to pay you!!! Worse one still will wait so long, knowing you are desperate to get paid- wont pay you what they owed you in full!!!!!! I am not saying this is your operations, but just giving a word to the wise. I have seen clubs pull this shit too. Shift pay is CASH UP FRONT. Dont be told otherwise and put your money somewhere that is for you only once you have it (maby carry a small purse)

  18. #15
    God/dess Eric Stoner's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,330
    Thanks
    730
    Thanked 901 Times in 526 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by lildreamer316 View Post
    No, no misogynistic language there. Not at all.(insert sarcasm smiley here)
    WTF???
    I've met men that were far worse rumor spreaders than most of the women I know. A LOT of men like that.

    I find it hard to believe a post like that is allowed to stand unchallenged on a board primarily geared toward women.

    I feel oh so comfortable.


    >END of threadjack; sorry.
    What is your problem ? I stated a fact. Men are NOT allowed to post in Club Chat or PP Dancing REGARDLESS of how well informed and well intentioned they might be. Whether you like it or not there are a few of us ( "Golden Rule" stand up and take a bow) who are VERY pro-dancer and are a lot better wired in to the NYC Metro club & PP scene than most dancers. Rumor spreading and spouting of half baked information is NOT gender unique. In my experience and from reading this board there is a LOT of it. You can add in a LOT of wishful and wistful thinking about the "Good Old Days" of NYC clubs.

    If it weren't the case then WHY would I make so many intros for ladies wanting to work a specific club or party ? If ALL the useful info came exclusively from other dancers then none would need my help and advice. Would they ?

    So kindly check your facts and review MY posts and THEN opine.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

  19. #16
    Featured Member laurcon's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,291
    Thanks
    718
    Thanked 402 Times in 203 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    i still don't see the appeal of this concept. esp with only beer and wine being self-serve in plastic cups... how is a "yacht" with "models" supposed to be so "informal"? i would generally think of a model cruise as something that might be somewhat formal.
    and to me, informal is usually code for cheap.

  20. #17
    Featured Member
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    804
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 34 Times in 24 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    What is your problem ? I stated a fact. Men are NOT allowed to post in Club Chat or PP Dancing REGARDLESS of how well informed and well intentioned they might be. Whether you like it or not there are a few of us ( "Golden Rule" stand up and take a bow) who are VERY pro-dancer and are a lot better wired in to the NYC Metro club & PP scene than most dancers. Rumor spreading and spouting of half baked information is NOT gender unique. In my experience and from reading this board there is a LOT of it. You can add in a LOT of wishful and wistful thinking about the "Good Old Days" of NYC clubs.

    If it weren't the case then WHY would I make so many intros for ladies wanting to work a specific club or party ? If ALL the useful info came exclusively from other dancers then none would need my help and advice. Would they ?

    So kindly check your facts and review MY posts and THEN opine.
    This will be the last I say on this thread about an off-post subject. Just a note to the mods and an apology to the thread OP.

    First of all, no matter how you read it, your statement comes off as misogynistic. Maybe people who have lots of experience with you may read it differently, but let's assume I am a new, young dancer who has just signed up on this website and is looking at all the information. How do you think "ONLY females are permitted to post in "Club Chat" and "Private Party Dancing" AND THIS SOMETIMES RESULTS IN rumor mongering and swapping of MISinformation as opposed to actual facts" SOUNDS? You are proposing that since only females post in a section, that can result in 'rumor mongering' and 'MISinformation' as 'opposed' to 'actual facts'..this implies that if MEN were allowed to post in this section, that would not happen. The phrase 'as opposed to' implies this.

    I am not from NYC. I do not work in NYC. I, therefore,have not had much interest in what you have had to say or do on this board, since you are not a stripper. This is not meant as a personal attack, simply a statement of actual fact (ahem). So why would I give you the kind of leeway you obviously expect me to, when this board is primarily for women strippers? I wasn't aware I was supposed to treat men on this board with kid gloves, and not hold them to a standard in a place where I, as a stripper, am supposed to feel safe. I thought that this was a place to come to where I am not treated as I am in the club.

    I'm glad that you have been such a help to the ladies in NYC. I am sure they are grateful as well. If I were there, I would be happy to have someone as invested in helping me make money as you obviously are. However, I feel you need to realize how your words come across and maybe rethink your phrasing. And I don't think that what you have done for the ladies in NYC has any bearing on the phrasing of your statement at all.

    That's all I have to say about it; again, I apologize to the original poster of this thread and all others who have stayed on subject.
    Grinding is for coffee and meat.
    "I want to entertain people who wish to be entertained, not be an expensive but poor substitute for someone who can't find themselves a prostitute."-Asurfel
    Those Who Hear Not The Music Think The Dancers Mad.
    “Belgian Trappist Organically Farmed Multiple Orgasm Inducing. Bed Shaking, Neighbors Complaining, Heirloom Radishes”

  21. #18
    God/dess velvet's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,777
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 268 Times in 144 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    yea i see stoner is still pissed he cant give all his" insider " info on SW. lol
    As quoted by Luckyone:
    I asked directions from a genie in a bottle of jim beam and she lied to me.

    Methodus saved my life!

  22. #19
    God/dess Eric Stoner's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,330
    Thanks
    730
    Thanked 901 Times in 526 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    yea i see stoner is still pissed he cant give all his" insider " info on SW. lol
    "Pissed" ? Not at all. I still read Club Chat and PP Dancing (and confining myself just to the Greater NYC scene) there are some posters who KNOW what they are talking about and a few who do not. Whether it be from inexperience; being misinformed or just plain old wishful thinking.

    Velvet- YOU have made YOUR agenda very clear in the past and in fact you have gotten your wish. "CC" and "PP Dancing" are now exclusively female. I don't see that it's improved the overall accuracy of the posting one bit. It HAS kept out a few guys who obviously don't know what they're talking about vis a vis the dancing biz and I ALWAYS supported discouraging them from posting UNLESS they had something positive and useful to contribute.

    All I care about are F A C T S. If I were a dancer seeking info that's all I would care about and it wouldn't matter to me one whit whether the source was male or female SO LONG AS THE INFO WAS GOOD. When you, or any other dancer gets a monopoly on true and accurate information, please let us know.
    Last edited by Eric Stoner; 02-24-2009 at 06:05 PM.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

  23. #20
    God/dess Eric Stoner's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,330
    Thanks
    730
    Thanked 901 Times in 526 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by lildreamer316 View Post
    This will be the last I say on this thread about an off-post subject. Just a note to the mods and an apology to the thread OP.

    First of all, no matter how you read it, your statement comes off as misogynistic. Maybe people who have lots of experience with you may read it differently, but let's assume I am a new, young dancer who has just signed up on this website and is looking at all the information. How do you think "ONLY females are permitted to post in "Club Chat" and "Private Party Dancing" AND THIS SOMETIMES RESULTS IN rumor mongering and swapping of MISinformation as opposed to actual facts" SOUNDS? You are proposing that since only females post in a section, that can result in 'rumor mongering' and 'MISinformation' as 'opposed' to 'actual facts'..this implies that if MEN were allowed to post in this section, that would not happen. The phrase 'as opposed to' implies this.

    I am not from NYC. I do not work in NYC. I, therefore,have not had much interest in what you have had to say or do on this board, since you are not a stripper. This is not meant as a personal attack, simply a statement of actual fact (ahem). So why would I give you the kind of leeway you obviously expect me to, when this board is primarily for women strippers? I wasn't aware I was supposed to treat men on this board with kid gloves, and not hold them to a standard in a place where I, as a stripper, am supposed to feel safe. I thought that this was a place to come to where I am not treated as I am in the club.

    I'm glad that you have been such a help to the ladies in NYC. I am sure they are grateful as well. If I were there, I would be happy to have someone as invested in helping me make money as you obviously are. However, I feel you need to realize how your words come across and maybe rethink your phrasing. And I don't think that what you have done for the ladies in NYC has any bearing on the phrasing of your statement at all.

    That's all I have to say about it; again, I apologize to the original poster of this thread and all others who have stayed on subject.

    I could , if I had both the time and inclination, cite for you a few examples where there were "uncorrected" posts in both of those forums. Time was, a few of us who otherwise flunked the physical were able to contribute and our presence in those forums was at least tolerated if not universally appreciated. That is no longer the case and it was the Members of S-Web who wanted it that way. The majority ruled. Even before the change and absolute banning of men from those two forums, I took some advice and honest good faith critiques to heart and radically cut back on my posting in those forums. I went along to get along and tried to respect the desire of many of the ladies to have the "dancer perspective" emphasized. Rather than re-argue whether a dancer's view could magically transform a dead club into a happening place ( I'm NOT making this up ) suffice to say that it DID get that ridiculous on an occasion or two. You can go back and re-read for yourself where one or two dancers actually took the position that inaccurate information from a dancer was somehow better than more accurate info from a male non-dancer.

    However, all that being said, I have re-read what I posted and I have to agree with you that I could have and should have been a little more artful in my phrasing so that a fair reading would not result in the interpretation that the exclusion of informed men led to the posting of misinformation. I APOLOGIZE. Clearly, one does not necessarily follow the other and any impression to that effect which I inadvertently created was wrong and inaccurate. What I WAS trying to say was that a factual corrective from the actual owner of the facility in question might have been helpful. Instead there was just a lot of surmise and conjecture. It was my fault for not being more clear.
    Last edited by Eric Stoner; 02-24-2009 at 06:08 PM.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

  24. #21
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    146
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 26 Times in 15 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions


  25. #22
    Featured Member Otoki's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,743
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked 222 Times in 136 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    I stated a fact. Men are NOT allowed to post in Club Chat or PP Dancing REGARDLESS of how well informed and well intentioned they might be.
    Actually, I was under the impression that non-dancers, male or female, are not allowed to post. Surely we must have some male dancers on this site.

    Either way, there wasn't a flood of misinformation in that thread. There was speculation on the risks one might run into, largely due to lack of info on the website (how/where dances are done, how they do alcohol, whether or not you'd be in international waters, contact rules) and the crappy payment they originally had (100 for 3 hours, which included at least one dance, and you were supposed to negotiate with the customer ON THE BOAT about any additional money).

    Even with the additional info, I'm still not sold (there still hasn't been anything about contact levels/rules, for example). I'd have to hear in detail from multiple dancers who did this before I considered it. Plus, I found the way he ridiculed some of our safety concerns to be really irritating. I would hope that someone who's super pro-security would have acknowledged said concerns, not joked about them.

  26. #23
    God/dess Eric Stoner's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,330
    Thanks
    730
    Thanked 901 Times in 526 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Otoki View Post
    Actually, I was under the impression that non-dancers, male or female, are not allowed to post. Surely we must have some male dancers on this site.

    Either way, there wasn't a flood of misinformation in that thread. There was speculation on the risks one might run into, largely due to lack of info on the website (how/where dances are done, how they do alcohol, whether or not you'd be in international waters, contact rules) and the crappy payment they originally had (100 for 3 hours, which included at least one dance, and you were supposed to negotiate with the customer ON THE BOAT about any additional money).

    Even with the additional info, I'm still not sold (there still hasn't been anything about contact levels/rules, for example). I'd have to hear in detail from multiple dancers who did this before I considered it. Plus, I found the way he ridiculed some of our safety concerns to be really irritating. I would hope that someone who's super pro-security would have acknowledged said concerns, not joked about them.
    Above those forums it clearly says : "FEMALE". Posting is clearly limited to FEMALE dancers, ex-dancers and wannabes.

    I NEVER said there was a "flood of misinformation". Just the usual surmise and conjecture.

    All that being said, I AGREE that a LOT of legitimate questions and concerns have not been addressed and left open. Additionally, from a CUSTOMER'S POV, I am trying to understand the allure of the whole concept. Why would custies be enticed to do this ? What if the weather is lousy ?
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

  27. #24
    Featured Member Otoki's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,743
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked 222 Times in 136 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    Above those forums it clearly says : "FEMALE". Posting is clearly limited to FEMALE dancers, ex-dancers and wannabes.
    Ah, you're right. That seems rather strange to me, but I do prefer the current system to having a fucking flame war every time some idiot like abcd wants to criticize us for not giving the most "bang for the buck", or refusing to dance for cheaper to make the customer happy, etc etc etc. While there are many male members on this site who have good info to contribute, starting a thread like this is the best way to do that. You can always ask one of your dancer friends to link it into the OT.

    [quote]I NEVER said there was a "flood of misinformation". Just the usual surmise and conjecture.[quote]
    This is what you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    Welcome and many thanks for providing FACTS.

    As you noted, ONLY females are permitted to post in "Club Chat" and "Private Party Dancing" and this sometimes results in rumor mongering and swapping of MISinformation as opposed to actual facts.
    Like I said, the only "misinformation" was due to the vagueness of the website. As for rumor-mongering, there was none. We had no rumors to expand on

    All that being said, I AGREE that a LOT of legitimate questions and concerns have not been addressed and left open. Additionally, from a CUSTOMER'S POV, I am trying to understand the allure of the whole concept. Why would custies be enticed to do this ? What if the weather is lousy ?
    Yeah, I really don't get this. If the boat's not moving, wtf is the point? You may as well be sitting outside on the patio of a nice club instead. I honestly think, especially based on the lack of clarification on contact levels, that the allure is supposed to be lax contact rules.

  28. #25
    God/dess Eric Stoner's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,330
    Thanks
    730
    Thanked 901 Times in 526 Posts

    Default Re: Model Cruises Manager Here to Answer Any Questions

    [QUOTE=Otoki;1785042]Ah, you're right. That seems rather strange to me, but I do prefer the current system to having a fucking flame war every time some idiot like abcd wants to criticize us for not giving the most "bang for the buck", or refusing to dance for cheaper to make the customer happy, etc etc etc. While there are many male members on this site who have good info to contribute, starting a thread like this is the best way to do that. You can always ask one of your dancer friends to link it into the OT.

    [quote]I NEVER said there was a "flood of misinformation". Just the usual surmise and conjecture.
    This is what you said:

    Like I said, the only "misinformation" was due to the vagueness of the website. As for rumor-mongering, there was none. We had no rumors to expand on


    Yeah, I really don't get this. If the boat's not moving, wtf is the point? You may as well be sitting outside on the patio of a nice club instead. I honestly think, especially based on the lack of clarification on contact levels, that the allure is supposed to be lax contact rules.
    Since we're in substantial agreement, why quibble ?
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MFC New Model Banner and Rules Questions :)
    By Cranberry in forum Other Work
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 01:46 PM
  2. New England opening Summer 2009- Model Cruises
    By CosmicCandy in forum Club Chat
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
  3. Why ask questions when you don't want to know the answer?
    By Otoki in forum Customer Conversation
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 01:21 PM
  4. How to answer customers questions.....
    By arielmardigras in forum Hustle Hut
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 03:07 PM
  5. Why do men ask questions then don't believe the answer?
    By Kaylinn in forum Stripping (was Stripping General)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 10:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •